3Likes
post #2041 of 2044 Old Today, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by egftechman View Post
One would think they could change their encoding to 480i 16:9, it is one of the ATSC standards
Cozi, in fact, is distributed in 16:9 and meant to be broadcast that way. To be broadcasting it in 4:3 means somebody's goofed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2044 Old Today, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by egftechman View Post
I would like to see Antenna TV and Retro TV here also...I'm not a fan of it, but RFD-TV has a following around here also.
Ah -- RFD-TV. If that channel was available OTA, my Mother would drop Dish in a heart-beat. It's the only channel she cares about ... and the only reason she pays for the absolute lowest package available on Dish.

Unfortunately -- they don't have OTA coverage. The only one I was aware of was the unique situation in Alexandria with Selective TV, Inc - where a selection of cable channels were available via OTA subscription. I'm not sure it is even available with them anymore. At least, it's not listed on their channel list any longer.

Edit: Actually it may be still on there. The listing of RUR/FN may refer to a multi-cast of RFD and their FamilyNet channel.

Last edited by eherberg; Today at 02:44 PM.
post #2043 of 2044 Old Today, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eherberg View Post
Ah -- RFD-TV. If that channel was available OTA, my Mother would drop Dish in a heart-beat. It's the only channel she cares about ... and the only reason she pays for the absolute lowest package available on Dish.

Unfortunately -- they don't have OTA coverage. The only one I was aware of was the unique situation in Alexandria with Selective TV, Inc - where a selection of cable channels were available via OTA subscription. I'm not sure it is even available with them anymore. At least, it's not listed on their channel list any longer.

Edit: Actually it may be still on there. The listing of RUR/FN may refer to a multi-cast of RFD and their FamilyNet channel.
From Tripp's database:
http://www.rabbitears.info/search.ph...network=RFD-TV
Minnesota is a hotbed of RFD-TV OTA popularity!
post #2044 of 2044 Unread Today, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
RFD-TV is no longer available OTA in Alexandria, and I would be a bit surprised if it were still on the air in the other places. When the network reached the agreement to be placed on Dish Network, access via non-traditional means was tightened. For instance, the C-band distribution feed of the network used to be unencrypted and available freely to anyone with a 6 foot or larger satellite dish. However, once Dish got the network, encryption was turned on and essentially any option to watch the network for free was switched off.

The Alexandria translator that did carry RFD before the signal was encrypted switched to RFD's sister network Rural TV for a time. The last time I was in Alexandria, in December, though, that had been replaced with a public access type of channel. Which reminds me, Trip, I've been meaning to send you updated TSReader exports for the Alexandria translators...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page