Nashville, TN - OTA - Page 133 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 133Likes

post #3961 of 3969 Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 1016
When WKRN finally starts MeTV on 2.3; maybe Live Well could move to WJDE. This would satisfy some, and, maybe, motivate WJDE to increase power.

I think those that like Live Well are endowed with excellent written communication skills that could benefit all of us in the long run. The proof is in the history. Live Well was to leave WKRN in mid-January, but continues on. In the link Bentwood OTA provided, Ms. Ruch's email/letter is an example of what ABC must be getting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 3969 Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
(Hopefully) Exciting News

I e-mailed Rick at WRTN asking about seeing if he could get Buzzr TV. I just got a response today.

Quote:
Rick said:
"Let me look into that. Looks like (cross your fingers) we are going to finally get Antenna TV which has some great TV shows."
tomintn likes this.

NashDigie signing off.

Nashville Digital TV News & More

Last edited by NashDigie; Yesterday at 02:57 PM. Reason: I'm sorry. It changed the color on me.
post #3963 of 3969 Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Here is a list of the top 25 digital stations...coverage wise. Not surprisingly, Me TV is in first place. LWN is next to last. WKRN/Media General needs to see this, but probably wouldn't matter to them. I'm a little surprised Retro is last.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/8...dcast-networks
post #3964 of 3969 Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashDigie View Post
I e-mailed Rick at WRTN asking about seeing if he could get Buzzr TV. I just got a response today.
???

Wait, looks like you quoted Rick in white text on white background. Here it is:

"Let me look into that. Looks like (cross your fingers) we are going to finally get Antenna TV which has some great TV shows."

I wonder if getting Antenna TV is contingent on WRTN boosting their power ten-fold up to the max allowed for a VHF low-power station, as Rick recently said he hopes to do. Both things would be very welcome!
post #3965 of 3969 Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Yes, Antenna tv would be great. I would even watch Buzzr over what's on 6.2 now. I've all but given up on him removing that content. I really hope he is able to increase power.
post #3966 of 3969 Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM

Liked: 7
Don't be so hard on the owners. Remember, Rev'n is only a filler until Aug. 1 when This will be on 6.1, The Works on 6.2, Retro on 6.3, followed by the remainder of the current line-up. While Antenna TV would be a great addition, better days are a-coming.
tomintn likes this.
post #3967 of 3969 Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood OTA View Post
Don't be so hard on the owners. Remember, Rev'n is only a filler until Aug. 1 when This will be on 6.1, The Works on 6.2, Retro on 6.3, followed by the remainder of the current line-up. While Antenna TV would be a great addition, better days are a-coming.
That's all true. Speaking of filler, does anyone actually watch the old stuff on 6.4 or 6.6? I don't even know if those channels have names or where they come from. There are no listings for them. My guess is that it's all stuff so old that it's public domain, so there's no licensing cost for the content. Seems like it would be better to drop them completely and use that bandwidth to improve the picture quality of the other sub channels.
post #3968 of 3969 Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM

Liked: 7
I admit to occasionaly stopping on 6.4 and .6. I'm under the impression 6.4 is called Classic TV and 6.6 is called Classic Movies and that both are custom channels from Luken, but I could be wrong. All content is PD but I've enjoyed seeing some series and movies that aren't seen as much as some other PD stuff. I also enjoy the AV Club on 6.6 with the old educational films and the drive in movie promos and ads. What I miss is the Classic Westerns channel that Was on 6.5 before Tuff, as they would air some short-lived series and specials that are rarely seen.
post #3969 of 3969 Old Today, 02:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Classic TV and Classic Movies, if I'm thinking of the right things, are managed locally by Rick Goetz and have nothing to do with Luken.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page