Nashville, TN - OTA - Page 135 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 146Likes
post #4021 of 4024 Unread Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
I'm pretty sure the AM21 is the *only* OTA tuner that will integrate with any recent model DirecTV boxes.
correct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 4024 Unread Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 8
All of the former Young Broadcasting stations that were airing Live Well ceased to do so this weekend (like WKRN). No one seems to know what's next including employees of Media General, which now owns the stations. It is unknown whether or not old agreements have been renewed or if MG is wanting to negotiate for a single diginet to be aired on the handful of channels. I think we will see channel 2 weather on two subchannels for the immediate future.
post #4023 of 4024 Unread Yesterday, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood OTA View Post
All of the former Young Broadcasting stations that were airing Live Well ceased to do so this weekend (like WKRN). No one seems to know what's next including employees of Media General, which now owns the stations. It is unknown whether or not old agreements have been renewed or if MG is wanting to negotiate for a single diginet to be aired on the handful of channels. I think we will see channel 2 weather on two subchannels for the immediate future.
Interesting situation. You have to wonder, what was the nature of the agreement (if any) that WBAY had with Decades and that WKRN had with Me-TV? Have those gone out the window?

Have you been in touch with anyone at WKRN lately? Last I heard, they were still saying they would switch to Me-TV at some point as determined by MG but I've had my doubts for some time now...
post #4024 of 4024 Unread Today, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 8
<q>Have you been in touch with anyone at WKRN lately? Last I heard, they were still saying they would switch to Me-TV at some point as determined by MG but I've had my doubts for some time now...</q>

Both WKRN and WATE (Knoxville) contacts say still waiting on MG to let them know <i>something</i>...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception