Nashville, TN - OTA - Page 136 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 156Likes
post #4051 of 4071 Unread 06-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsaStovall View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and have a couple of quick questions. Can anyone tell me which internal HD tv antenna they are using that is allowing them to pick up channel 4? I live in Antioch and purchased the Turk omnidirectional HD indoor flat panel antenna from Best Buy. I can pick up all the HD channels (Channel 2, 5, and Fox.) except for channel 4. This is really all I need since I just recently ditched cable and ordered sling TV. Any assistance you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.tvfool.com/

I have used TV Fool for information about station reception at my location. Click on "Check Your Address for Free TV," then "Click Here." Fill in the boxes. Be sure to enter your exact address for specific information. You will have to measure/estimate the antenna height.

Others here are more knowledgeable about the site.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4052 of 4071 Unread 06-23-2015, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[QUOTE=r32raines;35250530]I live in La Vergne, between Old Nashville and M'boro rd. I use the RCA ANT1750F (same as ANT1750R), split to 5 TV's and can receive channels 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 17, 28, 30, 34, 39, 44, 50, and 58. Amazon has about the best price on this. I got mine through Amazon, in used-Like New condition. Saved even more $$ and it really was like new when I got it. Works great for me.[/QUOTE
Cool thanks. I live off of murfressboro rd. close to Walgreens on Waldron rd. I'm on the Antioch side. I'll see what other people are using and check them all out to see which one I'll choose. Thanks for letting me know. ]
post #4053 of 4071 Unread 06-23-2015, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have used TV Fool for information about station reception at my location. Click on "Check Your Address for Free TV," then "Click Here." Fill in the boxes. Be sure to enter your exact address for specific information. You will have to measure/estimate the antenna height.

Others here are more knowledgeable about the site.

Good Luck![/quote]

Thanks for the link but I tried that already and it stated that I should be able to get channel 4 with an indoor antenna. I'm getting nothing at all. I'll probably end up trying a different antenna.
post #4054 of 4071 Unread 06-23-2015, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Over between the Brentwood Hills I have found the GE Indoor Antenna Ultra Edge Amp - Black (10621) flat antenna that I got at Target on sale for just over $30 works surprisingly well. HOWEVER, don't expect to just set up the antenna in one spot and receive. I had to take the antenna around the room, hold it high and low, in order to find the optimum spot for the harder to get stations, especially WSMV. And even then, channel 4 seems to "move", so every two or three weeks I have to move the antenna a couple of inches to keep picking it up. Also in one room, I have to shift the antenna a few inches one direction for 6, then a few inches in the opposite direction for 31 -- just like in the old days with rabbit ears.

Last edited by Brentwood OTA; 06-23-2015 at 06:16 PM.
post #4055 of 4071 Unread 06-24-2015, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I would try moving the antenna first. VHF channels are harder to pick up with these small antennas than UHF ones. WSMV broadcasts on channel 10. If this doesn't work, the best indoor antenna to receive WSMV would probally be an old rabbit ears antenna if you could find one. The best new indoor antenna I have tried is the Wineguard 5500A. I have one mounted in a window towards Nashville and receive all the full power stations as well as 6, 31, 34 and 42.
post #4056 of 4071 Unread 06-24-2015, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lug1 View Post
I would try moving the antenna first. VHF channels are harder to pick up with these small antennas than UHF ones. WSMV broadcasts on channel 10. If this doesn't work, the best indoor antenna to receive WSMV would probally be an old rabbit ears antenna if you could find one. The best new indoor antenna I have tried is the Wineguard 5500A. I have one mounted in a window towards Nashville and receive all the full power stations as well as 6, 31, 34 and 42.
That's impressive. I'm using an amplified flat antenna (I've tried a couple different ones) and can't get 6 and can only get 31 with periodic interruptions. I have it in my attic now--trust me, I've tried it everywhere. I'm in Nashville, on the south side in Crieve Hall. Where are you?
post #4057 of 4071 Unread 06-24-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
That's impressive. I'm using an amplified flat antenna (I've tried a couple different ones) and can't get 6 and can only get 31 with periodic interruptions. I have it in my attic now--trust me, I've tried it everywhere. I'm in Nashville, on the south side in Crieve Hall. Where are you?
I'm on the Scottsville side of Gallatin. This is the only indoor antenna I've tried that picked up all the full powered stations, much less the low powered ones. It has to be in the window to pick them up though.
post #4058 of 4071 Unread 06-25-2015, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
That's impressive. I'm using an amplified flat antenna (I've tried a couple different ones) and can't get 6 and can only get 31 with periodic interruptions. . . .
Try removing the amplifier. I used a double-female F-connector to bypass the amplifier on my flat-panel and it made both 4 and 8 (RF 10 and 8 respectively) very watchable. I find aiming to be critical for me, down in a hole in Mt Juliet. Unfortunately, there are no windows on the Nashville side of my duplex.
post #4059 of 4071 Unread 06-25-2015, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHair View Post
Try removing the amplifier. I used a double-female F-connector to bypass the amplifier on my flat-panel and it made both 4 and 8 (RF 10 and 8 respectively) very watchable. I find aiming to be critical for me, down in a hole in Mt Juliet. Unfortunately, there are no windows on the Nashville side of my duplex.
Thanks, I tried that. Without the pre-amp, some stations are lost completely and others are unwatchable, so it's a must-have for me.
post #4060 of 4071 Unread 06-29-2015, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Retro has changed up some of their programming today, adding a few different shows. I've been hearing a little bleed over of the sound on 6.3 from 6.2 for a week or so.
post #4061 of 4071 Unread 06-29-2015, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
This could be interesting for the movies, at least.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/8...CXzr0.facebook
tomintn likes this.
post #4062 of 4071 Unread 06-29-2015, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrotv View Post
This could be interesting for the movies, at least.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/8...CXzr0.facebook
And with MGM partnering with Sinclair to create the Sci-Fi diginet, it's sure to turn up locally. Suggestion for the name: Sci-Fi. Slogan: No syfy stuff.
post #4063 of 4071 Unread 06-29-2015, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Found this interesting. Listing the subchannels of MG stations, METV is not mentioned, even though WKRN is the only ABC affiliate they own:

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/58737/fox-is-tvs-new-station-group-leader?ref=search#group-16
16. MEDIA GENERAL
Richmond, Va.
2011 Revenue: $316 million
Coverage: 8.3%
Ownership: Media General (NYSE: MEG)
Portfolio: Media General owns and manages 19 full-power stations in 17 markets. Of the 19 stations, one is owned by Schurz Communications. Through its partnership with Schurz Communications, it operates more than one station in two markets: Greenville-Spartanburg, S.C.-Asheville, N.C.; and Augusta, Ga.
Affiliations on the main channels: nine NBC, eight CBS, one ABC; and one CW.
Affiliations on subchannels: four CW; two MNT; and two RTV.
post #4064 of 4071 Unread 06-29-2015, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuke View Post
Found this interesting. Listing the subchannels of MG stations, METV is not mentioned, even though WKRN is the only ABC affiliate they own:

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/58737/fox-is-tvs-new-station-group-leader?ref=search#group-16
16. MEDIA GENERAL
Richmond, Va.
2011 Revenue: $316 million
Coverage: 8.3%
Ownership: Media General (NYSE: MEG)
Portfolio: Media General owns and manages 19 full-power stations in 17 markets. Of the 19 stations, one is owned by Schurz Communications. Through its partnership with Schurz Communications, it operates more than one station in two markets: Greenville-Spartanburg, S.C.-Asheville, N.C.; and Augusta, Ga.
Affiliations on the main channels: nine NBC, eight CBS, one ABC; and one CW.
Affiliations on subchannels: four CW; two MNT; and two RTV.
That's outdated information from before both the Young Broadcasting and Lin Television mergers. Media General owns eight ABC affiliates.
post #4065 of 4071 Unread 06-29-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpeck View Post
That's outdated information from before both the Young Broadcasting and Lin Television mergers. Media General owns eight ABC affiliates.
Thought it might be. Thanks.
post #4066 of 4071 Unread 07-01-2015, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
In regards to Me TV and channel 2.3 , I recently found this posting via the Me TV website.

http://www.metvnetwork.com/wheretowatch/affiliate/659

It appears that Me TV has officially confirmed they will be on channel 2.3 , although they don't specify a launch date.
post #4067 of 4071 Unread 07-01-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve615 View Post
In regards to Me TV and channel 2.3 , I recently found this posting via the Me TV website.

http://www.metvnetwork.com/wheretowatch/affiliate/659

It appears that Me TV has officially confirmed they will be on channel 2.3 , although they don't specify a launch date.
Yes...that has been there for several months.
post #4068 of 4071 Unread 07-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Nashville is touting its July 4th fireworks as the biggest in the country yet no local station is broadcasting it. Pitiful. AT&T says they will be streaming.

When news breaks...we fix it.
post #4069 of 4071 Unread Yesterday, 09:10 AM

Finally! Somebody is calling Media General out on something at least. Maybe Mediacom will let them know they're tired of their stalling tactics.
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...e-nears/142315
post #4070 of 4071 Unread Yesterday, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 1130
A step in the right direction for Antenna TV on WRTN.

http://antennatv.tv/interactive-affiliate-map/

Have a great week!

Thank you, Mr. & Ms. Goetz!
NashGuy likes this.

Last edited by tomintn; Yesterday at 05:00 PM. Reason: Thank you!
post #4071 of 4071 Unread Today, 07:18 AM

I noticed it gave the channel as 6.1. I'm guessing it will replace Daystar when channel 20 comes back on the air as a digital channel. Hopefully in will be before the end of the month. Now if WKRN will only get off it's delaying and add ME TV or something else decent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception