Nashville, TN - OTA - Page 139 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4141 of 4170 Old 08-17-2015, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Yes, I noticed the picture on 6.1 is chopped on the sides. For a couple of minutes on 6.2 this morning when they were scanning, Retro TV from what looked like a Nevada affiliate was on the screen. I was really hoping he was going to put something else on 6.2 & give us a break from REV'N.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 4170 Old 08-18-2015, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Subchanneling in Nashville

Subchanneling in Nashville is all about Hurry Up and Wait, isn't it?
post #4143 of 4170 Old 08-18-2015, 07:59 PM

Nashville's tv market rank is 29. You'd at least think we would be doing better than we are with sub channels.
post #4144 of 4170 Old 08-22-2015, 07:39 PM

Regarding Antenna TV, WRTN is now saying don't give up, it's coming soon. Still no time frame.
NashGuy and tomintn like this.
post #4145 of 4170 Old 08-23-2015, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrotv View Post
Regarding Antenna TV, WRTN is now saying don't give up, it's coming soon. Still no time frame.
You actually talked to Rick?
post #4146 of 4170 Old 08-23-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnanewbie View Post
You actually talked to Rick?
Saw an ad on one of his channels for Antenna TV, & that's what it said.

Last edited by retrotv; 08-23-2015 at 08:18 PM.
post #4147 of 4170 Unread 08-26-2015, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello Nashville. I am new to this forum. I live in the West Meade area, and Me-TV is what brought me here. My wife and I are 60, and we have no use for 21st century mainstream TV. We like Me TV for the old programs and then watch old movies and old TV from whatever is free online.

We tried numerous things to get 31.1 in our house, but after trying numerous antennas, amplifiers, converter boxes, and even making our own antenna out of coat hangers, we could not get 31.1 to come in 95% of the time.

About 6 months ago, I ran into another person my age from Bellevue, and she told me that she could get 31.1 in her house off Poplar Creek. She learned from a Youtube site to take cardboard boxes and wrap them in thick aluminum foil. She tried it with different boxes and finally found the size used to ship a dress was perfect.

So, we went home that day and grabbed some of our cardboard boxes. We wrapped thick aluminum foil around them and used duct tape to keep them in place. We also experimented with aluminum pie pans.

We have an RCA antenna that is supposed to be good for 50 miles (Amazon.com), and it includes an amplifier. After a lot of experimentation, we ended up going with 2 cardboard boxes placed in an "L" on top of our TV. The antenna rests on the vertical box of the "L", and the amplifier is down below the tv behind the clothes dresser in our bedroom., where the TV sits.

I won't say it is perfect, but we now can watch 31.1. My wife is happy now that she has Perry Mason, Columbo, and the rotating detective shows that come on at 11:30 PM. I like to watch Decades, since I have met Kerry Sayers from my days working in sports journalism.

Antenna TV and anything showing black & white from the 1950's and early 1960's would be great to watch. As of now, we cannot get anything on 6 or 7, so I am anxious to hear if anybody else in the West Meade/Hillwood/Bellevue area is getting these.

We are at a giant disadvantage here because we have a large hill between our house and anywhere. We live halfway up one hill and have higher hills in every direction. I don't even think we could have a satellite dish, because we have so many tall trees all around. At night, we rarely can see the moon.

We had Comcast, but after too many hassles with them, I returned the equipment and cancelled our service. They tried to give me the run around and make it appear that I could not. So, I told them I would call Bart Durham (a bluff), and lo and behold, they were able to quickly cancel our service.
tomintn likes this.
post #4148 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Brown View Post
Hello Nashville. I am new to this forum. I live in the West Meade area, and Me-TV is what brought me here. My wife and I are 60, and we have no use for 21st century mainstream TV. We like Me TV for the old programs and then watch old movies and old TV from whatever is free online.

We tried numerous things to get 31.1 in our house, but after trying numerous antennas, amplifiers, converter boxes, and even making our own antenna out of coat hangers, we could not get 31.1 to come in 95% of the time.

About 6 months ago, I ran into another person my age from Bellevue, and she told me that she could get 31.1 in her house off Poplar Creek. She learned from a Youtube site to take cardboard boxes and wrap them in thick aluminum foil. She tried it with different boxes and finally found the size used to ship a dress was perfect.

So, we went home that day and grabbed some of our cardboard boxes. We wrapped thick aluminum foil around them and used duct tape to keep them in place. We also experimented with aluminum pie pans.

We have an RCA antenna that is supposed to be good for 50 miles (Amazon.com), and it includes an amplifier. After a lot of experimentation, we ended up going with 2 cardboard boxes placed in an "L" on top of our TV. The antenna rests on the vertical box of the "L", and the amplifier is down below the tv behind the clothes dresser in our bedroom., where the TV sits.

I won't say it is perfect, but we now can watch 31.1. My wife is happy now that she has Perry Mason, Columbo, and the rotating detective shows that come on at 11:30 PM. I like to watch Decades, since I have met Kerry Sayers from my days working in sports journalism.

Antenna TV and anything showing black & white from the 1950's and early 1960's would be great to watch. As of now, we cannot get anything on 6 or 7, so I am anxious to hear if anybody else in the West Meade/Hillwood/Bellevue area is getting these.

We are at a giant disadvantage here because we have a large hill between our house and anywhere. We live halfway up one hill and have higher hills in every direction. I don't even think we could have a satellite dish, because we have so many tall trees all around. At night, we rarely can see the moon.

We had Comcast, but after too many hassles with them, I returned the equipment and cancelled our service. They tried to give me the run around and make it appear that I could not. So, I told them I would call Bart Durham (a bluff), and lo and behold, they were able to quickly cancel our service.
Welcome to the forum and to the world of antenna design!
post #4149 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 1204
I am getting "No Signal!" on all subs for WRTN during daylight, and a highly pixelated picture at night. Since there has been nothing on the forum, I assume everybody is getting it okay?
post #4150 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 01:34 PM

Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomintn View Post
I am getting "No Signal!" on all subs for WRTN during daylight, and a highly pixelated picture at night. Since there has been nothing on the forum, I assume everybody is getting it okay?
6.2 and 6.7 are blank while the picture on 6.5 is jerking. 6.1, 6.3, 6.4 and 6.6 are fine however, so I'm assuming that this is an equipment issue.
post #4151 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 01:38 PM

Just checked. I have them, although there is some pixelation right now. On clear, sunny days, I get a good picture in the morning and at night. Mid day sometimes has some pixelation, but not every day.
post #4152 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Saw an ad on one of his channels for Antenna TV, & that's what it said.
Antenna TV has removed Nashville from its affiliates map!
post #4153 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapalerider View Post
Antenna TV has removed Nashville from its affiliates map!
Oh no. It was there a couple of days ago.
post #4154 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lug1 View Post
6.2 and 6.7 are blank while the picture on 6.5 is jerking. 6.1, 6.3, 6.4 and 6.6 are fine however, so I'm assuming that this is an equipment issue.
Quote:
Just checked. I have them, although there is some pixelation right now. On clear, sunny days, I get a good picture in the morning and at night. Mid day sometimes has some pixelation, but not every day.

Thank you!
post #4155 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Nashville is removed on the Antenna TV site.
post #4156 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 04:31 PM

Rick is still running the ads. I saw it on 6.4 a few minutes ago.
tomintn likes this.
post #4157 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 08:37 PM

Is anybody else getting an obnoxious humming sound on ME TV tonight? Perry Mason is not watchable with that sound.
post #4158 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Is anybody else getting an obnoxious humming sound on ME TV tonight? Perry Mason is not watchable with that sound.
I noticed a background humming noise for about the first 10 to 15 minutes of Perry Mason. Then it disappeared and the sound on 31.1 has been fine since.
post #4159 of 4170 Unread 08-27-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Rick is still running the ads. I saw it on 6.4 a few minutes ago.
I wonder if Antenna TV will be like COZI. WRTN kept saying comming soon but was several months before it aired.
post #4160 of 4170 Unread 08-28-2015, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The fact that Antenna TV went to the trouble of removing WRTN as a "coming soon" affiliate on their website, after having it listed there for weeks, is troubling. I'm wondering if it hasn't fallen through, maybe due to WRTN's equipment problems (or maybe because they were unable to secure financing to increase their broadcast power). Who knows, maybe Antenna TV is talking to someone else now.

Has anyone heard any news about when the new digital 20.1 will launch, presumably carrying Daystar? Even if they carry Daystar in HD, which I figure they will, they would have room for at least one SD subchannel. This is total conjecture but maybe 20.2 will be Antenna TV...
post #4161 of 4170 Unread 08-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

I have noticed that WJFB (44-1 & 44-2) has stopped broadcasting 44-2, which was a duplicate broadcast of 44-1. Could it be a new programming source?
post #4162 of 4170 Unread 08-28-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lug1 View Post
I wonder if Antenna TV will be like COZI. WRTN kept saying comming soon but was several months before it aired.
I believe it was announced in May that he planned to add Antenna TV. I emailed Rick, but I'll be surprised if I get a reply. It seems odd to still be running the ads about it being on soon if the deal fell through.
post #4163 of 4170 Unread 08-28-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I have noticed that WJFB (44-1 & 44-2) has stopped broadcasting 44-2, which was a duplicate broadcast of 44-1. Could it be a new programming source?
This Facebook page, Music City Television, says it was sold.

https://www.facebook.com/MusicCityTelevision?fref=ts
post #4164 of 4170 Unread 08-28-2015, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
Has anyone heard any news about when the new digital 20.1 will launch, presumably carrying Daystar? Even if they carry Daystar in HD, which I figure they will, they would have room for at least one SD subchannel. This is total conjecture but maybe 20.2 will be Antenna TV...
The stand alone Daystar LD affiliate here in Cincinnati (WDYC) has Daystar HD on 36.1 and Daystar SD on 36.2. Don't ask me why...

And you would figure that TBN could pull off HD on their main channel and SD the other four sub channels by now. We have a pair of PBS affiliates here in Southwest Ohio that have been doing that since before analog shutoff! (WPTO and WPTD)
post #4165 of 4170 Unread Yesterday, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

An observation:

I have been working on the aluminum storm windows around the house. When working on the window with the RCA 1750 antenna, I had the screen, the upper panel, & the lower panel out for several days. The antenna is taped to the interior wood window.

My reception was reduced. This morning I have it all back together, & everything is back to the previous normal reception.

This is exactly the opposite of what thought would happen. I thought taking out the aluminum frames, with the layers of glass would improve signal. Wrong in this situation!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by tomintn; Yesterday at 06:13 AM.
post #4166 of 4170 Unread Yesterday, 03:10 PM

Quote:
An observation:

I have been working on the aluminum storm windows around the house. When working on the window with the RCA 1750 antenna, I had the screen, the upper panel, & the lower panel out for several days. The antenna is taped to the interior wood window.

My reception was reduced. This morning I have it all back together, & everything is back to the previous normal reception.

This is exactly the opposite of what thought would happen. I thought taking out the aluminum frames, with the layers of glass would improve signal. Wrong in this situation!

Have a great weekend!
If the aluminum windows helped your signal, then maybe adding additional aluminum will boost it even more. It is cheap enough to buy a roll of heavy duty foil, wrap it around some cardboard boxes, and play around with them to find where you can boost your signal. We are now getting 31.1 better than channels 4 and 8, with a signal strength that stays in the medium range. Before the aluminum, it oscillated between no signal and weak.

I am having a great weekend so far. I hope you are as well. My wife and I are getting ready to watch Batman and act like kids again. I am hoping for Catwoman, as I had the biggest crush on Julie Newmar when she was both a robot and Catwoman.
tomintn likes this.
post #4167 of 4170 Unread Today, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I happened to catch a commercial on WTVF channel 5.3 yesterday. The commercial announced the coming of Laff TV on September 21. Has anyone else seen the commercial?

Any news / updates in regards to WKRN channel 2.3? Is it supposed to be going to Me TV some time in the future?
tomintn likes this.
post #4168 of 4170 Unread Today, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If the aluminum windows helped your signal, then maybe adding additional aluminum will boost it even more. It is cheap enough to buy a roll of heavy duty foil, wrap it around some cardboard boxes, and play around with them to find where you can boost your signal. We are now getting 31.1 better than channels 4 and 8, with a signal strength that stays in the medium range. Before the aluminum, it oscillated between no signal and weak.

I am having a great weekend so far. I hope you are as well. My wife and I are getting ready to watch Batman and act like kids again. I am hoping for Catwoman, as I had the biggest crush on Julie Newmar when she was both a robot and Catwoman.
I have question. Which side of the foil is exposed, shiny or dull? Thanks!
post #4169 of 4170 Unread Today, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve615 View Post
I happened to catch a commercial on WTVF channel 5.3 yesterday. The commercial announced the coming of Laff TV on September 21. Has anyone else seen the commercial?

Any news / updates in regards to WKRN channel 2.3? Is it supposed to be going to Me TV some time in the future?
There's been talk of Me-TV moving to 2.3 since, I think, Jan. of this year. The last anyone on here heard from WKRN, 2 or 3 months ago, it's still supposed to happen, they're just waiting on the official decision from station owner Media General. At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. Wouldn't surprise me if it happens this week, wouldn't surprise me if it never happens...
post #4170 of 4170 Unread Today, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
There's been talk of Me-TV moving to 2.3 since, I think, Jan. of this year. The last anyone on here heard from WKRN, 2 or 3 months ago, it's still supposed to happen, they're just waiting on the official decision from station owner Media General. At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. Wouldn't surprise me if it happens this week, wouldn't surprise me if it never happens...
I remember reading an article somewhere online about a month or so ago, stating that Media General had in fact signed a contract to get Me TV out to all of their affiliates. When it happens is anybody's guess, that's for sure. If I can catch 5.3 advertising Laff again, I will see if I can grab a screenshot of the ad.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page