Nashville, TN - OTA - Page 152 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 317Likes

Old 01-31-2016, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Bilko!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2016, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 2188
Thank you very much WKRN; and to Ms. Dube for keeping us informed.
hdrick103, steve615 and tn.rick like this.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 22
H&I is now on 31.1 (as of 11:30). It's great to see it return!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Let's hope we don't lose anything here.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/b...ng-fcc/348548/
tomintn likes this.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 57
WKUW40 is all messed up for me again this morning. Not sure if it's the snow or if the station is having problems with their transmitter again.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrotv View Post
Let's hope we don't lose anything here.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/b...ng-fcc/348548/
This may be old news, but here is a link to the FCC’s Auction 1001 page, which offers a spreadsheet containing all prices nationwide.

https://wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/in...tion-1001.html
Old 02-15-2016, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafei View Post
This may be old news, but here is a link to the FCC’s Auction 1001 page, which offers a spreadsheet containing all prices nationwide.

https://wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/in...tion-1001.html
Trip In VA has interesting info on his site.

http://www.rabbitears.info/blog/inde...entive-Auction
Old 03-16-2016, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Is this thread still working?

OK, I guess it is.

Jumpstarted???

Last edited by GrayHair; 03-18-2016 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Answering the question. Then a comment.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHair View Post
Is this thread still working?

OK, I guess it is.

I guess no news is good news?
Old 03-16-2016, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Tonight, seeing QVC on 40.6. What's up with that?
Old 03-17-2016, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Wkuw-ld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood OTA View Post
Tonight, seeing QVC on 40.6. What's up with that?
I thought that was going to be a 24 hour news channel?
All we need is another shopping channel, and a duplicate QVC channel (28.5) at that.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:13 PM

I'm hoping that 40.4 and 40.5 are being kept in reserve for other networks. We don't need another shopping channel, especially a duplicate one. HSN is here in duplicate also (28.6 & 31.4).
Old 03-17-2016, 08:27 PM

The FCC spectrum auction starts in under two weeks, on Mar. 29. I've read that the entire auction process (which first involves TV stations in a reverse auction and then cell service providers in a normal "forward" auction) could take 2-3 months. I guess we won't really know what's happening with any station frequency moves or shut downs here in Nashville until sometime this summer.

http://www.computerworld.com/article...m-auction.html
Old 03-24-2016, 11:18 AM

40.6 has disappeared as abruptly as it appeared.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
First element of ATSC 3.0 approved

The Advanced Television Systems Committee has approved the bootstrap component of its developing broadcast transmission standard. “Bootstrap” refers to the “System Discovery and Signaling” architecture of the ATSC 3.0 physical layer. The bootstrap provides a “universal entry point into a broadcast waveform,” for multiple service types such fixed and mobile television, for example.

It is the first element of ATSC 3.0 to reach standard status. This means there will be no further modifications made to this particular element of the developing ATSC 3.0 standard. The bootstrap signal is one of the five technologies that will comprise the physical layer, the foundation of the standard. The remaining four are at “Candidate Standard” status and await a full vote.

. . .

For complete article: http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/000...tandard/278263
Old 03-30-2016, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I got an email notification today and discovered I'd missed months of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomintn View Post
Trip In VA has interesting info on his site.

http://www.rabbitears.info/blog/inde...entive-Auction
So it looks like WJFB is all we know about for here, then? Of course. I just got around to putting a logo on TCT while setting up a new server this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood OTA View Post
40.6 has disappeared as abruptly as it appeared.
I just added another HDHR to my setup and configured a new server, and I thought I was losing my mind because 40.6 showed up and then disappeared, twice. Nice to know I wasn't imagining things.

So much has happened since I was last in this thread. It's been so nice having MeTV and Cozi up on closer, stronger networks. I just discovered Comet the other day - I had no idea it was there. After my last server quit on me, I just watched tv like a normal person and wasn't very diligent about scanning for new channels or checking for new stuff on the ones I don't often watch. Not having an EPG makes me a lazy viewer, bouncing around the same 4 or 5 channels.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Antenna Question

Does any one have a recommendation for an indoor/outdoor apartment antenna for use around the Kendron Parkway in Springhill Tn?
Its ground floor and it could be mounted outside but it would be facing south. amped unamped?

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks
Old 04-06-2016, 10:14 PM

I have found the GE Indoor Antenna Ultra Edge Amp - Black (10621) flat antenna that I got at Target on sale for just over $30 works surprisingly well. HOWEVER, don't expect to just set up the antenna in one spot and receive. I had to take the antenna around the room, hold it high and low, in order to find the optimum spot for most stations.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Just found Newsmax TV on 40-4!
Old 04-12-2016, 06:22 PM

It looks like 40.5 is also came on the air with a channel called "The Country Network".
Old 04-23-2016, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Drop in signal on 40.

My friend in Nashville reported that his signal dropped on all the 40. subchannels about a month ago. The signal has been pixelating often and went completely off air yesterday afternoon. Buzzr on 40.1 is the channel he is trying to receive, which was totally stable, but now only barely comes in. Same issue at work, which is much closer to the towers than his home. Anyone else having issues with this channel?

He previously was getting a 68/72 peak with his antenna, but it has since dropped off to 58/60. That said, some channels with much lower signal readings come in perfectly.

Emails to DTV America are getting only short terse replies or no replies at all. Last word from them was "everythings fine."
Old 04-23-2016, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crauen View Post
My friend in Nashville reported that his signal dropped on all the 40. subchannels about a month ago. The signal has been pixelating often and went completely off air yesterday afternoon. Buzzr on 40.1 is the channel he is trying to receive, which was totally stable, but now only barely comes in. Same issue at work, which is much closer to the towers than his home. Anyone else having issues with this channel?

He previously was getting a 68/72 peak with his antenna, but it has since dropped off to 58/60. That said, some channels with much lower signal readings come in perfectly.

Emails to DTV America are getting only short terse replies or no replies at all. Last word from them was "everythings fine."
Same for me here in Franklin. I was getting a good signal but not now.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2928 View Post
Same for me here in Franklin. I was getting a good signal but not now.
Same reception problem for me in Lebanon as well. The signal reads 67, but all sub channels on 40 are spotty. I have noticed this since the trees starting baring leaves and everything is getting green again. Because this channel is being broadcast a UHF signal could it be "a line of sight" signal breakup due to the leaves on the trees blocking the signal? Regardless the reason it makes these block of channels un viewable.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:21 PM

Yeah, here on the south side of Nashville I've noticed the same reception problems with 40 the last few weeks. I assumed it was due to all the new leaves on the trees. Because of the problems, I dropped 40 from the channel line-up on my TiVo. Kind of a shame as I sometimes watched Escape a bit and now they've added a couple new subchannels too. Oh well. Someone please let us know if it ever becomes watchable again.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi, everyone. Regarding reception on channel 40, I also e-mailed DTV America today and included a copy of this thread to show that people in all parts of town were having problems getting their signal over the last few weeks. Got this nice response from them right away and thought I'd pass it on:

Thanks David... we are sending a technician there now. We believe it's because of the broadband connection from the ISP which has been unstable.

Again, thanks for the feedback and tell everyone to hang in there!

John Kyle
CEO
DTV America

Hopefully we'll see an improvement soon, fingers crossed. I miss Buzzr!
Old 04-25-2016, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave TN View Post
Hi, everyone. Regarding reception on channel 40, I also e-mailed DTV America today and included a copy of this thread to show that people in all parts of town were having problems getting their signal over the last few weeks. Got this nice response from them right away and thought I'd pass it on:

Thanks David... we are sending a technician there now. We believe it's because of the broadband connection from the ISP which has been unstable.

John Kyle
CEO
DTV America

Thanks, Dave!
Old 04-25-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:

John Kyle
CEO
DTV America

Yes thanks!

I miss Buzzr and the addition of ZUUS Country!
Old 04-26-2016, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

John Kyle
CEO
DTV America

Can everyone post their signal strength readings for 40.1? I'm currently in an email dialogue with DTV America too regarding the channels and would like to give them the most accurate feedback we can so that everything gets fixed properly. For us it seems to be both a picture quality break-up issue *and* and low signal (55 today, it should be peaking at 72), and we are right in the center of Nashville. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2016, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Can everyone post their signal strength readings for 40.1? I'm currently in an email dialogue with DTV America too regarding the channels and would like to give them the most accurate feedback we can so that everything gets fixed properly. For us it seems to be both a picture quality break-up issue *and* and low signal (55 today, it should be peaking at 72), and we are right in the center of Nashville. Thanks!
When the signal used to come in strong, we were from 40-45 but there was no pixelations, breakup or anything. Now, since they have had problems I cannot get a solid signal anytime. Wish they would get it fixed!
Old 04-26-2016, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Here in East Nashville, I'm getting a signal of 84 but the quality is really bad. SNR peaks around 17db and drops way down to 2 or 3 and it seems to be almost constantly fluctuating. (For watchable channels, like 5.1 for example, I generally see 20-25db with only small fluctuations.)

Note - this from the antenna connected right to the TV. I know my TV server setup adds noise so it wouldn't have been as accurate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

taboola here