Rochester, MN - HDTV - Page 114 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #3391 of 3395 Old 12-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 26
interesting. Wonder why they are doing that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3395 Old 12-13-2014, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have been reading about outdoor antennas the last couple of days and I am completely confused. I recently moved to Rochester and the house I bought does not have an antenna already installed. If someone is willing to recommend an antenna I would really appreciate it.

My house has a directv dish on the roof that I figured I can remove and use the mounting to setup my new antenna. I am also perfectly fine with buying a rotor and preamp if I need to. I will attach my TVFool report because I saw that it was requested of others in this thread but I really don't understand what it all means.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radar-All.png
Views:	58
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	419969  
post #3393 of 3395 Old 02-12-2015, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
KTTC adding Heroes and Icons as 10-3

Post Bulletin reported that KTTC will add Heroes and Icons to 10-3 on March 1.

Currently shown in the Twin Cities on 5-7, UHF 35, subchannel to KSTP 5-1. (Other 5-x's are KSTC UHF 45)

Ugh. 10-2 going HDTV was bad enough.

10-1 will now be even more bit-starved, sports will be more artifact plagued than they already are.
post #3394 of 3395 Old 02-12-2015, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcards View Post
I have been reading about outdoor antennas the last couple of days and I am completely confused. I recently moved to Rochester and the house I bought does not have an antenna already installed. If someone is willing to recommend an antenna I would really appreciate it.

My house has a directv dish on the roof that I figured I can remove and use the mounting to setup my new antenna. I am also perfectly fine with buying a rotor and preamp if I need to. I will attach my TVFool report because I saw that it was requested of others in this thread but I really don't understand what it all means.
How to read a TVFool report: http://tvfool.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=57

In short - you've got strong signal on all the major networks with the exception of CBS (KIMT).

My equipment recommendations are basically the same as always:
-RCA TVPRAMP1R Preamplifier (~$30 at Fleet Farm, Menards or Amazon)
-Antennacraft Y-5-7-13 VHF-Hi antenna (aimed directly at KTTC) (~$25 on Amazon or Solid Signal)
-Xtreme Signal HDB91X UHF Antenna (aimed directly at KIMT/KYIN) (~$50 Amazon or Solid Signal)

You'll need a compass to properly aim the antennas. Leave about 3ft between VHF-Hi and UHF antennas (UHF on top). Set up the preamp for separate VHF and UHF inputs (also ensure that the FM trap is in).
post #3395 of 3395 Old 02-14-2015, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdp View Post
My equipment recommendations are basically the same as always:
-RCA TVPRAMP1R Preamplifier (~$30 at Fleet Farm, Menards or Amazon)
On sale at Menards for $18.60 through 2/22. 1 at South store, 4 at North store at the time of this post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception