Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #811 of 9289 Old 03-20-2005, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WNCT is showing the games in HD when they're presented that way by the network. Had some trouble the first day or none of those games were HD; not sure. Last night and today, they are broadcasting HD.

Geo
All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 9289 Old 03-20-2005, 11:40 AM

will WRAL be airing the final four in HD?
post #813 of 9289 Old 03-20-2005, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
WNCT is not consistent with HD, I came in and the Carolina was SD.
post #814 of 9289 Old 03-20-2005, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Panther I don't know about UHF for a VHF channel, so I'm using 2 antennas pointed in opposite directions basically.

Has anyone seen that ad on WITN about the VIPIR vs. Doppler 7? How are we suppossed to know those images are the exact same time? I think WITN is getting silly about their lack of Sweeps! LOL You don't hear WNCT bashing WITN's old flat doppler...
post #815 of 9289 Old 03-20-2005, 04:10 PM

WYOD- the Nascar race today the signal sent to Direct TV by that bunch - was horrible!!!!! Fuzzy picture--- complained to Direct TV and was told that in 2 months - HD users could get all HD channels off national feed- was told some time the month of MAY!!!!
Asked that some one call that bunch and ask for an expaination of why signal was so bad---!!!!!
Great picture on basket ball games ---!!!!!!
post #816 of 9289 Old 03-20-2005, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Do you mean WYDO Griff, I just can't wait for DTV from them, it should be a barrel of laughs for sure! If they can't get analog straight I don't know how they can begin to understand digital reception...
I have not been watching hardly any local FOX channels since I got digital antenna compatible.
Also WYDO channel 11 in Greenville is awful on their cable TV as well.
post #817 of 9289 Old 03-21-2005, 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jspENC
Panther I don't know about UHF for a VHF channel, so I'm using 2 antennas pointed in opposite directions basically.

Has anyone seen that ad on WITN about the VIPIR vs. Doppler 7? How are we suppossed to know those images are the exact same time? I think WITN is getting silly about their lack of Sweeps! LOL You don't hear WNCT bashing WITN's old flat doppler...

I think from where I am located I may have to try an RS Crossfire.

I guess since some have already asked me how do I find the time to look at 3 Sats, they will really wonder with that monster up there too.
post #818 of 9289 Old 03-21-2005, 11:44 AM

Jsp- sorry for the typo- yes that was WYDO 14 out of Greenville - that was where the sat. feed was yesterday - analog was a joke ----could not make out numbers on cars--- even looked fuzzy on smaller tv,s after race feed was breaking up - that is what I wanted to let DTV know about ----
Problem is the ruling from the FCC - is that if you can get any signal at all no matter how bad --- you can not get a national feed---- new law going into effect for HD users - in about two months --- states that if you can not recieve a HD signal from local channels ---- you can get the national feed--
Thats what I have been told --- who knows ?????
post #819 of 9289 Old 03-21-2005, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Griff, can you still view WFXI on your VHF antenna? If so I guess that will be your best bet for watching the races! I can get 3 fox signals and somtimes four but none are clear. About a week ago I was able to get FOX 24 from Charleston SC and it was almost perfect and clearer than 8 or 14!
post #820 of 9289 Old 03-21-2005, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Just came home and tuned to WCTi and noticed the PSIP is not being sent. Does anyone else not have it?
post #821 of 9289 Old 03-21-2005, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

No PSIP here on 12.1 or 12.3 for me.

Geo
All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #822 of 9289 Old 03-21-2005, 06:10 PM

I tried WXFI 8 Sunday ---- it was screwed up too---- sat feed was the best option but even that as very poor -- great race-- can,t wait till second half of season - to see them in HD-- Fox 26 came in but not very good --
Does anyone know if Camp Lejune or Cherry point can get the HD feeds on thier cable system --- If not thats a good politcal angle to work -
post #823 of 9289 Old 03-21-2005, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I believe they do get Hd Griff, but not 100% Time Warner does not Offer WNCT or Pax but all others are on the system. Lejeune has Charter cable.
post #824 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

My stb is showing WNCT 9.2 Weather popping up; no audio or video as of yet!

Geo
post #825 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I just saw 9.2 labeled weather! I wonder if it will be VIPIR or a Mix of weather maps?
I also saw on Eyewitness 9 tonight they are going to air some multiple games on Friday night on dt 9.1 and analog 9.
post #826 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm hoping for a full fledged channel instead of just a static radar image! I hope we find out tonight; i don't want to wait till tomorrow! *LOL*

Geo
post #827 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

It would be nice if they would use it for Basketball on Friday night. I don't want to have to watch analog again!
post #828 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Just read on the Raleigh HD thread that WRAZ will air a game and WRAL another, isn't that a network violation?
post #829 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe that's what they're going to do. WNCT might be planning to use the channel for primarily weather, but also news simulcasts/rebroadcasts, and then special events like the basketball games coming up. That's what WRAL does with 5.2, the WRAL Newschannel.

Geo
post #830 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jspENC
Just read on the Raleigh HD thread that WRAZ will air a game and WRAL another, isn't that a network violation?

In a normal case it probably would be, but I'm sure WRAL/WRAZ went through the proper corporate channels to assure that there are no legal ramifications. WRAL, from what I've always understood, is one of CBS' powerhouse affiliates; I'm sure that holds true for WRAZ and the Fox network. Especially since both are owned by Capitol Broadcasting Corp.

Geo
post #831 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe that's what they're going to do. WNCT might be planning to use the channel for primarily weather, but also news simulcasts/rebroadcasts, and then special events like the basketball games coming up. That's what WRAL does with 5.2, the WRAL Newschannel

If they did that it would really make this market as great as RAL DUR FAYettevilles for CBS. Fox is what really stinks bad around here...
post #832 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, at this point, I'd just as soon see Media General buy Fox 8/14 and run it like Cap Broadcasting does with WRAL/WRAZ. We'd probably get much better service from Fox. Oh wait, we'd actually GET service from Fox 8/14!

All kidding aside, I wonder if the target date of the end of April is still what Fox 8 is shooting for to begin broadcasting dtv? I've read recently that a lot of extensions were recently given, but I've yet to be able to find out if WFXI/WYDO is on that list. Probably...

Geo
post #833 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I've tried to find out more info about WFXI dt on the FCC website, but searching was difficult to say the least.
post #834 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, wading through the FCC website is like trying to navigate a maze. Honestly, I hardly ever glean much of anything from it. It's easier to read trade papers, websites, etc. to find out what you want to know.

Geo
post #835 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm bummed out! Looks like we may have to wait till tomorrow to find out what WNCT has in store! It's getting kind of late for them to be bringing the new channel online tonight unless they're waiting till after prime time, etc.

Then again, that's what WRAL did last week when they set up 5.1, 2, 3 & 4 for the March Madness Multicast. It wasn't until about 12:30 - 1 in the morning till all the channels came online.

I guess I'll be up late tonight! Eh, I will be anyway... *LOL*

Geo
post #836 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I checked 9.2 about an hour ago and they had it in HD mode! The screen was black in the middle and lighter on top and bottom. They must be trying to tie things in...
post #837 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Gee, I missed that... I've been watching satellite tonight, so I could monitor 9.2 on my computer to see when or if anything pops up. Wish I had of seen that. Maybe they are going to letterbox their weather channel. It should be cool to see what they are up to...

Geo
post #838 of 9289 Old 03-22-2005, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I checked Titantv.com out until 4/4/05 and it doesn't say anything for a new channel on WNCT. But I do love how on WITN 7.2, it says Live Doopler Radar!

Geo
post #839 of 9289 Old 03-23-2005, 04:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Originally posted by easternncnewswat
All kidding aside, I wonder if the target date of the end of April is still what Fox 8 is shooting for to begin broadcasting dtv? I've read recently that a lot of extensions were recently given, but I've yet to be able to find out if WFXI/WYDO is on that list. Probably...

The FCC just granted them another extension first of the week. The reason being financial. Since they elected to stay on their analogs for both 8 and 14, my guess is they are going to try and keep the extensions up so analog runs out before they have to build and just convert the analogs to digital. I am not sure that is a good strategy. They may lose the whole thing. The new FCC Chairman may not put up with those type shenanigans.

post #840 of 9289 Old 03-23-2005, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

That sure sounds plausible to me considering what we've seen so far. Personally, I feel like they should have their FCC liscense ripped away from them. I know there are always extenuating circumstances, but other stations across the country have had to comply, why not Fox 8/14? Sounds to me like they're thumbing their noses at the FCC. JMHO.

Geo
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page