Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #9181 of 9238 Old 07-17-2014, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Are the folks at FOX ever going to fix the satellite or transmission problem with WYDO? It seems to be getting worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9182 of 9238 Old 07-17-2014, 05:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
It's an encoding problem I think (if we are referring to the same thing - blurriness).
post #9183 of 9238 Old 07-17-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThenScottSays View Post
It's an encoding problem I think (if we are referring to the same thing - blurriness).
No, it's freezing up and breaking up a lot on Directv and antenna. The only show I watch regularly is Big Bang theory at 6 PM, but I also hear it is happening during other shows, even from FOX primetime.
post #9184 of 9238 Old 07-19-2014, 08:18 PM

Liked: 19
Is anybody impressed by WITN CH 7 Ms. Elisse Ramey?

Home Theater Aficionado
post #9185 of 9238 Old 08-01-2014, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I am now getting a clean signal on WYDO over the past couple of days. Has anyone else noticed that there are no more glitches in the signal? I also noticed no PSIP program data, so maybe they were having a problem with that machine and took it down?
post #9186 of 9238 Old 08-03-2014, 02:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspENC View Post
I am now getting a clean signal on WYDO over the past couple of days. Has anyone else noticed that there are no more glitches in the signal? I also noticed no PSIP program data, so maybe they were having a problem with that machine and took it down?
All now seems well on WYDO, including the program data. Having the choice though, my personal preference has been to view WFXI. Even though WYDO has the stronger signal, I still get rock solid reception on WFXI here in Hubert.
post #9187 of 9238 Old 08-03-2014, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey mans, if you are into weather you should get a weather station down there. Nobody has a rain gauge or instrument near you. I am working on a solution right now to get on other sites like PWS wx and CWOP. I wish I had done better research before I started this idea. I think I might just buy a whole new station that lets me join all the sites. They are available for one bill. The company I have has made it very difficult. I am however finding that my location is unique 90% of the time to the local NWS reporting stations.
post #9188 of 9238 Old 08-04-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Hey mans, if you are into weather you should get a weather station down there. Nobody has a rain gauge or instrument near you. I am working on a solution right now to get on other sites like PWS wx and CWOP. I wish I had done better research before I started this idea. I think I might just buy a whole new station that lets me join all the sites. They are available for one bill. The company I have has made it very difficult. I am however finding that my location is unique 90% of the time to the local NWS reporting stations.
I have thought about getting a weather station sometime in the future. My home is located in a low lying area between Jacksonville and Swansboro that produces some interesting temperature extremes which would probably draw the attention of local tv weather forecasters. We are usually warmer by day and cooler by night, with frost much more frequent than the surrounding areas.
post #9189 of 9238 Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mans147 View Post
I have thought about getting a weather station sometime in the future. My home is located in a low lying area between Jacksonville and Swansboro that produces some interesting temperature extremes which would probably draw the attention of local tv weather forecasters. We are usually warmer by day and cooler by night, with frost much more frequent than the surrounding areas.
I would like to see mine on TV, but right now it can't be done because I can't get linked to CWOP which is displayed on the NWS website. I wish I had done better research before I started sharing. So a tip from me, if you buy a station, be sure you can share with CWOP if you decide you want to. From what I have seen, the tv stations can't use data from sites like wunder or pws without a license to share their stuff.
post #9190 of 9238 Old 08-07-2014, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

WWAY's chief Meteorologist will join WNCT as chief very soon. His last day at 3 is the 15th. For those of you who haven't ever seen him explain the weather, you will probably want to tune in. WNCT made a good choice is all I can say. I have watched Jerry since he started and through all the hurricanes...
post #9191 of 9238 Old 08-14-2014, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
ESPN's SEC Network launches today at 6pm.

Directv Ch 611 SD/HD

Suddenlink Ch 538 SD, Ch 538 (alternate) and Ch 588 HD

Dish Ch 408, or on the Hopper channel 404. The alternate channel is on 596-599, or on the Hopper channel 404.1, 404.2, and 404.3.

Directv HD
Samsung UN50H6350 50" LED Smart TV

Channel Master 4228 antenna
Greenville NC, Ral-Durham NC ota market
post #9192 of 9238 Old 08-18-2014, 10:03 PM

WITN CH 7 Ms. Elisse Ramey needs to learn to pronounce Iwo(EE-WO) Jima correctly. What is so hard about two simple syllables? I am pretty sure she has NOT heard any US Marine pronouncing it the butcher way she did last Sunday evening.

Home Theater Aficionado
post #9193 of 9238 Old 08-20-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I am really impressed with WNCT and their news and weather these days. They are working hard and it shows. The others are beginning to look like they are running in slow motion. Bringing Jerry in to run the weather was an act of genius.
post #9194 of 9238 Old 08-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Not really related to the news product but WNCT has done an insane amount of work on their property in Greenville. New parking lot, exterior remodeled, windows replaced, worked heavily on the landscaping out front (and it's a huge property). Media General must have loosened the reigns overall after a few years of squeezing them dry.
post #9195 of 9238 Old 08-20-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Not really related to the news product but WNCT has done an insane amount of work on their property in Greenville. New parking lot, exterior remodeled, windows replaced, worked heavily on the landscaping out front (and it's a huge property). Media General must have loosened the reigns overall after a few years of squeezing them dry.
I haven't been by there in several years. I bet it looks a lot different than I remember it from what you are saying!
post #9196 of 9238 Old 08-20-2014, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

I'll try to get a pic sometime. It's looking really good over there.
post #9197 of 9238 Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Went by a few weeks ago and there were some new satellite dishes in crates .

Directv HD
Samsung UN50H6350 50" LED Smart TV

Channel Master 4228 antenna
Greenville NC, Ral-Durham NC ota market
post #9198 of 9238 Old 09-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Advanced Member

I just noticed this on WRAL.com:

Then if you click on the survey...
"Thanks for taking the time to be counted! Since there are two CBS stations on cable in Greenville and Kinston, there’s a chance one of them will be removed. We need a count of viewers who watch WRAL. Just filling in this quick form will help us make our case to continue serving you!"

Suddenlink has stupidity running through the corporate veins but I hope they're aren't stupid enough to remove WRAL. It still qualifies for significantly viewed in Pitt (and Lenoir, and Greene) counties as far as I know. A LOT of people would be upset.
post #9199 of 9238 Old 09-03-2014, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So is Marvin still the chief meteorologist at WITN? He was moved off the 6 & 11 several weeks ago, which Matt now does. Marvin seems to be on at noon, 5 & 5:30.
post #9200 of 9238 Old 09-03-2014, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseStandBy View Post
So is Marvin still the chief meteorologist at WITN? He was moved off the 6 & 11 several weeks ago, which Matt now does. Marvin seems to be on at noon, 5 & 5:30.
This isn't uncommon in other markets. Gannon is Chief on WECT, and does the morning and noon shows. I guess it's part of the "change you can believe in".
post #9201 of 9238 Old 09-03-2014, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering the same thing about Marvin. Maybe since he is getting older he does not want to work so late. I think it is smart on WITN's part because Matt is the best Meteorologist they have (well full time one anyway) and they need to make sure he stays around especially since they are competing with Skip and now Jerry and the team at WNCT.

As for WRAL, I don't see the survey. I am not in Greenville and don't have Suddenlink but I am in a market with multiple CBS's. I get all VA stations except WRAL and WITN and I stick with those 2 for my news as I could care less what is happening in VA even though it is 20 minutes away.

My parents have Suddenlink so I would like to know how to find the survey so they and their friends can click on it. They watch WRAL almost exclusively for news.
post #9202 of 9238 Old 09-03-2014, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

If WITN wants to compete with 9 and 12, they better put Phillip on the air. IMO

While we are on weather, can't someone at a TV station double check that thermometer in New Bern? It seems to be all the time higher than everyone else.
post #9203 of 9238 Old 09-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

I always wondered if Matt Engelbrecht was being groomed to replace Marvin. He has the passion for weather, like what Greg Fishel and Skip Waters have. I think he's a good fit, just hope he stays around.

Here is the WRAL survey. I have Suddenlink internet in Greenville, I assume that's why the graphic shows up when I visit their page.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/wral-tv
post #9204 of 9238 Old 09-03-2014, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Here is the WRAL survey. I have Suddenlink internet in Greenville, I assume that's why the graphic shows up when I visit their page.
I tried the survey, but when I said I wasn't in Kinston or Greenville, it just said "Thank you". Is WRAL in HD on Suddenlink? The trends seem to be getting all stations off the air on cable that aren't inside the market. WNCT was taken off in Goldsboro from what I have read not too long ago.
post #9205 of 9238 Old 09-03-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I always wondered if Matt Engelbrecht was being groomed to replace Marvin. He has the passion for weather, like what Greg Fishel and Skip Waters have. I think he's a good fit, just hope he stays around.

I disagree. Matt may have the "passion." Skip has the charisma and experience plus he's a local person. I seriously doubt Matt will stick around.

Home Theater Aficionado
post #9206 of 9238 Old 09-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I tried the survey, but when I said I wasn't in Kinston or Greenville, it just said "Thank you". Is WRAL in HD on Suddenlink? The trends seem to be getting all stations off the air on cable that aren't inside the market. WNCT was taken off in Goldsboro from what I have read not too long ago.
They are in HD, and 5.2 is also carried. Always been odd to me but WRAL is also carried in Williamston/Martin County.
post #9207 of 9238 Old 09-04-2014, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tons of people in Martin County watch WRAL. They have the best coverage of ACC Sports (don't focus their whole sportscast on ECU and NASCAR like the Greenville stations) and NC Politics.
post #9208 of 9238 Old 09-04-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
If WITN wants to compete with 9 and 12, they better put Phillip on the air. IMO

While we are on weather, can't someone at a TV station double check that thermometer in New Bern? It seems to be all the time higher than everyone else.
Ah! Small markets! Got to love 'em!

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #9209 of 9238 Old 09-04-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post
Ah! Small markets! Got to love 'em!
The stations around here right now are really fun to watch. We have lots of channels too.
post #9210 of 9238 Old 09-04-2014, 01:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
The stations around here right now are really fun to watch. We have lots of channels too.
I know. I see them when I go to my beach house at Atlantic Beach. I carry my D* receiver too so I can watch "other" TV.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page