2Likes

post #2521 of 2528 Old 10-31-2014, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Any Reception Issues with TWC?

For the past couple of nights from exactly 9:30 to 10:30 all of my cable boxes have been showing moving pixels on all channels & i was wondering if any other TWC customer has had the same problem. Thursday Night it only happened for 30 Minutes & forced me to re-record the show i was trying to watch later that night. Tonight it lasted a full hour & forced my dvr to stop recording 2 of my favorite shows which makes me very angry so i'm currently in a bad mood thanks to TW. I rebooted my cable boxes tonight when the pixels finally stopped & set my favorite shows to re-record later tonight hopefully with no pixels. I haven't called TW yet because i want to know first if i'm the only one having this problem or is anybody else having it as well. I would appreciate some responses on this issue so i know how to resolve this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2528 Old 10-31-2014, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNASCAR24 View Post
For the past couple of nights from exactly 9:30 to 10:30 all of my cable boxes have been showing moving pixels on all channels & i was wondering if any other TWC customer has had the same problem. Thursday Night it only happened for 30 Minutes & forced me to re-record the show i was trying to watch later that night. Tonight it lasted a full hour & forced my dvr to stop recording 2 of my favorite shows which makes me very angry so i'm currently in a bad mood thanks to TW. I rebooted my cable boxes tonight when the pixels finally stopped & set my favorite shows to re-record later tonight hopefully with no pixels. I haven't called TW yet because i want to know first if i'm the only one having this problem or is anybody else having it as well. I would appreciate some responses on this issue so i know how to resolve this issue.
Don't know what you mean by "moving pixels". If you mean that the image is breaking up into blocks (often incorrectly called "pixelization") - then it may well be a TWC problem. But if the actual pixels are moving on the screen, it is more likely a problem with your TV.

If it is a TWC problem, it could be a local problem.

Dave Hancock
post #2523 of 2528 Old 11-02-2014, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehancock View Post
Don't know what you mean by "moving pixels". If you mean that the image is breaking up into blocks (often incorrectly called "pixelization") - then it may well be a TWC problem. But if the actual pixels are moving on the screen, it is more likely a problem with your TV.

If it is a TWC problem, it could be a local problem.
Exactly what dave said...I used to have the "pixelation" issue as well..it was do to my signal being to low. But i dont have TW anymore

check my about me to see my HT gear

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/member.php?u=7747546
post #2524 of 2528 Old 11-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Yes i was referring to pixelation. I didn't know what it was called so i referred to it as moving pixels. Saturday & sunday night the pixelation never happened on any of my cable boxes so it may have been a local problem that's now fixed. If it ever happens again i'm calling twc & complaining.
post #2525 of 2528 Old 11-03-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I was over at my dad's last night and he was having problems with channel 8, losing audio and breaking up repeatedly. I just figured it was weak signal, but got up and checked the connection from the wall to the box. The 8300 connection was just a little loose and the problem went away when I tightened it.
post #2526 of 2528 Old 11-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Is there anyway i can check the signal strength on my cable box so the next time i have a pixelation issue i can figure out where the problem is before i seek help from here or TW. I have an SA 8240HDC and a Cisco Digital Transport Adapter.
post #2527 of 2528 Old 11-04-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yes, there's a diagnostics page you can get to. Google around for it for your box. It was some odd combination of buttons on the 8300.
post #2528 of 2528 Old 11-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

According to my research the remote combination is the same as the 8300, push ok/select button until mail light starts blinking then hit up or down arrow. Both arrows bring up a different diagnostic screen. The screen that appears when i hit arrow up has all the tuner info including signal strength. Everything else is in the other diagnostic screen which is the down arrow.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page