Rochester, NY - HDTV - Page 94 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
post #2791 of 2797 Unread 03-19-2017, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNASCAR24 View Post
You should look into Greenlight internet and see if it's available where you live. I've heard there internet is all fiber just like empire access and there website says you can get 100mbps down and 20mbps up for $50 a month. That's a better deal than time warner now spectrum.
It's been a slow go here to try to get them to build infrastructure in my town. I have been waiting 2 and a half years so far. The way they pick the next town in Rochester to build in, is by the amount of people who sign up in that area to say they would be interested in it. I have been trying to get people to sign up on the NextDoor App...I got a bunch but still not enough i think. Also i just recently found out that just because they have finished building their network in a town...it doesnt mean that entire town has GreenLight. Apparently It just means they connected a neighborhood or 3 in that town. So I have given up hope on green light. At this rate it will be a decade before i see Greenlight in my neighborhood.

Proud Owner of 55EG9100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2797 Unread 03-19-2017, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibez View Post
It's been a slow go here to try to get them to build infrastructure in my town. I have been waiting 2 and a half years so far. The way they pick the next town in Rochester to build in, is by the amount of people who sign up in that area to say they would be interested in it. I have been trying to get people to sign up on the NextDoor App...I got a bunch but still not enough i think. Also i just recently found out that just because they have finished building their network in a town...it doesnt mean that entire town has GreenLight. Apparently It just means they connected a neighborhood or 3 in that town. So I have given up hope on green light. At this rate it will be a decade before i see Greenlight in my neighborhood.
To me it sounds like greenlight may never end up in your neighborhood which sucks for people who want something better than time warner. If another fiber based internet provider showed up in rochester that would probably get greenlight to build more infrastructure alot faster. But i doubt that will happen.
post #2793 of 2797 Unread 03-20-2017, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Spectrum DVR - LESS Storage and tuners

I looked into the pricing on-line of moving my TWC account to Spectrum. I noticed to huge negatives

1. The Spectrum DVR has two tuners and 30 GB storage - my TWC enhanced has I believe 6 tuners and about 100GB (feel free to correct me if my numners are not accurate)
2. Spectrum does not use digital adapters OR analogue signal - you need a cable box for each TV

post #2794 of 2797 Unread 03-20-2017, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrude View Post
I looked into the pricing on-line of moving my TWC account to Spectrum. I noticed to huge negatives

1. The Spectrum DVR has two tuners and 30 GB storage - my TWC enhanced has I believe 6 tuners and about 100GB (feel free to correct me if my numners are not accurate)
2. Spectrum does not use digital adapters OR analogue signal - you need a cable box for each TV
All good reasons for me to leave time warner cable. Also if spectrum doesn't plan on using digital adapters or analog signals the only alternative to an expensive cable box is there spectrum tv aka twc tv app which i know can be found in the roku app store.
post #2795 of 2797 Unread 03-20-2017, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNASCAR24 View Post
All good reasons for me to leave time warner cable. Also if spectrum doesn't plan on using digital adapters or analog signals the only alternative to an expensive cable box is there spectrum tv aka twc tv app which i know can be found in the roku app store.
My understanding is that there is no need to leave TWC for Spectrum; if you currently have TWC, you can continue it.

The Spectrum app replaced the TWC app on my Roku tv and it works just the way it always did - using the same login credentials
post #2796 of 2797 Unread Today, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by namragus82 View Post
Is anyone in the Rochester area having new issues with OTA reception?  I live in Penfield and had a nice set up for an indoor antenna that worked perfectly when place in the North West corner of my house but now all of a sudden the signals are shooting up and down and I am losing reception off and on.  

I have tried connecting the antenna directly to the TV and the signal is weaker and still is shooting up and down.  
Does it happen more on windy/breezy days? And especially channels like CBS and Fox Rochester, which are upper UHF frequencies?
post #2797 of 2797 Unread Today, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone70 View Post
Hello. I have recently hooked up old directional attic antenna to receive local hd broadcast. Went to antenna web to point the antenna in the right direction. On one tv, i get all 18 local channels with strong signal. On another tv, I get 15. I don't get the 3 nbc offering, but the 15 channels come in beautifully with very strong signal. It's bizarre.
I am using an amplifier. Any help would be really appreciated

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4e388a0cf18
Your antenna probably is weaker gain on the bottom end of UHF spectrum, which is where NBC is. Your one TV that picks it up fine may just do a better job with a weak signal. It would be interesting to check the signal strength of NBC on both TVs. Also, you could try swapping the TVs to see if the issue follows the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception