I finally switched to Comcast Triple Play from DirecTV. Thanks for help from this Forum.
- I love the internet (thus far) and like the TV service including better local offerings in Tallahassee than DirecTV. I like being able to get GA Public Broadcasting.
- The phone has been AWFUL! Issues have included ring-backs and poor call quality
- Customer service in general could be much better. Bills are always in flux. Level 1 representatives are totally clueless. Supervisors claim that they have no way to contact techs or their reports after home visits!!!
- A more extensive Comcast retail outlet or area would have helped with our decisions. I would have benefitted from seeing the options and picture quality. At least they now have a LCD TV setup in the office.
- Upcoming X1 platform seems to be promising. However, X2 sounds even more interesting. Tallahassee, however, does not appear to be at the top of the list in terms of roll-outs. ;-(
- AnyRoom DVR appears to be limited. I would love to see recordings from other/primary DVR in combination with full-DVR functionality (e.g. skip-forward, skip backward) at each set.
If DirecTV had better internet offerings, I would have stayed with an upgrade to the GENIE system. However, I no longer wanted CenturyLink DSL.