Tallahassee, FL - HDTV - Page 152 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #4531 of 4540 Old 09-22-2016, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drWaLLs View Post
Any chance we ever see WTLH 49.2 CW in HD?
If you are close enough to Tallahassee, WTLF (24.1) has the CW in HD. Comcast shows WTLF HD on Channel 435.

I doubt that any technical improvements will be made to WTLF, especially when the Fox affiliation was moved to WTWC.

I noted that you are in Valdosta... How is the reception on WSWG? 44.3 has CW in HD (per wiki)
Sent from Q's Note5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4532 of 4540 Old 09-22-2016, 10:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm in the Albany market and WTLH-DT2 is the only affiliate of The CW I can pick up OTA, so like drWaLLs, I have been holding out hope for 49.2 to go HD, but it looks like another Fall season will begin without it.

The good news however is The CW is about to launch an app for Apple TV, Roku, and FireTV that will have the episodes available the next day, and no cable or satellite subscription necessary to view them, so I'm excited about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
qbot101 likes this.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views
of Alan Gordon, Alan Gordon Enterprises, Alan Gordon, Inc., or Alan Gordon Amalgamated.
post #4533 of 4540 Old 09-22-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
I'm in the Albany market and WTLH-DT2 is the only affiliate of The CW I can pick up OTA, so like drWaLLs, I have been holding out hope for 49.2 to go HD, but it looks like another Fall season will begin without it.

The good news however is The CW is about to launch an app for Apple TV, Roku, and FireTV that will have the episodes available the next day, and no cable or satellite subscription necessary to view them, so I'm excited about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. That is crazy that WSWG (44.3) is not viewable there... What kind of reception are they putting out?? I thought that was marketed for a line from Albany to Valdosta... So. That knocks out WTLF then. Ouch.

Sent from Q's Note5
post #4534 of 4540 Old 09-22-2016, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbot101 View Post
Wow. That is crazy that WSWG (44.3) is not viewable there... What kind of reception are they putting out?? I thought that was marketed for a line from Albany to Valdosta... So. That knocks out WTLF then. Ouch.

I can't remember what amount of power they're putting out, but it's less than what they were putting out in the analog days, and I got pretty sucky reception then.

I live in Terrell County, which neighbors Dougherty County (Albany), but it's on the far side of the DMA. I can pick up the CBS, ABC, and Antenna TV (who used to be an affiliate of The CW) stations out of Columbus, but not the NBC affiliate who broadcasts The CW (in HD) on their sub-channel. I can pick up WCTV, WTXL, WTWC, and WTLH reliably, but not WTLF. In my market, I can pick up every channel BUT WSWG.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views
of Alan Gordon, Alan Gordon Enterprises, Alan Gordon, Inc., or Alan Gordon Amalgamated.
post #4535 of 4540 Old 09-22-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I can't remember what amount of power they're putting out, but it's less than what they were putting out in the analog days, and I got pretty sucky reception then.

I live in Terrell County, which neighbors Dougherty County (Albany), but it's on the far side of the DMA. I can pick up the CBS, ABC, and Antenna TV (who used to be an affiliate of The CW) stations out of Columbus, but not the NBC affiliate who broadcasts The CW (in HD) on their sub-channel. I can pick up WCTV, WTXL, WTWC, and WTLH reliably, but not WTLF. In my market, I can pick up every channel BUT WSWG.
Had to see where Terrell County was... Wow. I'm amazed that the Tallahassee stations go that far. WTLF is basically meant for the closer in Tallahassee market (I think their antenna is near Midway or Havana or somewhere close to Tallahassee).

You are in a pickle indeed. Gray doesn't really care as long as you can get CBS, the subchannels are an afterthought. I'd love for them to get 6.2 in HD since they are showing modern programming on the My Network channel.

Sinclair has no reason to care because they feel the market is covered with WTLF and WTLH 49.2. They are mainly concerned with NBC and FOX in Tallahassee and the FOX in Albany.

Looks hopeless unless a different station group gets CW or the current crew get their signals and PQ together.

I've never seen such messy arrangements, but this these are small markets

Sent from Q's Note5
post #4536 of 4540 Old 09-22-2016, 11:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Had to see where Terrell County was... Wow. I'm amazed that the Tallahassee stations go that far. WTLF is basically meant for the closer in Tallahassee market (I think their antenna is near Midway or Havana or somewhere close to Tallahassee).
I get a GREAT signal from all four of the main Tallahassee, FL stations.

Quote:
You are in a pickle indeed. Gray doesn't really care as long as you can get CBS, the subchannels are an afterthought. I'd love for them to get 6.2 in HD since they are showing modern programming on the My Network channel.
I get a slightly better signal on WRBL (Columbus, GA) than I do WCTV, so I watch them. If WSWG moves RF channels in the repack, perhaps I'll be able to pick them up, and I may switch to them for CBS.

Quote:
Looks hopeless unless a different station group gets CW or the current crew get their signals and PQ together.

I'll be fine with the app for now. Hopefully it will work well for WaLLs as well!
qbot101 likes this.

post #4537 of 4540 Old 11-06-2016, 11:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

WTLH-DT2 49.2 looking real interesting today...

(((whistling nonchalantly)))
qbot101 likes this.

post #4538 of 4540 Old 11-07-2016, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Quote:

WTLH-DT2 49.2 looking real interesting today...

(((whistling nonchalantly)))
Primetime looked good tonight!
qbot101 likes this.
post #4539 of 4540 Old 11-08-2016, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, CW & MeTV got bumped up. Now I'm waiting for DirecTV to update local CW to proper HD. Thanks for the heads-up, Alan & drWalls.
post #4540 of 4540 Old 11-08-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceR View Post
Wow, CW & MeTV got bumped up. Now I'm waiting for DirecTV to update local CW to proper HD. Thanks for the heads-up, Alan & drWalls.
That's strange they never bothered to pick up the WTLF (24) feed instead of WTLH. WTLF has been in HD from its inception, if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from Q's Note5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception