Madison, WI - HDTV - Page 191 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

Old 08-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymo View Post
Yup, I think the waveguide came off the tower of one our stations in San Antonio, then got refurb'ed as it was installed. All of our old ch. 47 stuff was cut up and scrapped. Kerry is the CE at WKOW now.
Thanks very much for both items of news!

You get what you pay for.  For professional advice, pay the professional rate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
Even though they claim to have 60 mile coverage. I just do not see it with that antenna, the placement in an attic and your lower-level location.

I'd suspect that you would be better off with a directional, UHF antenna, mounted on the roof. You're probably going to need to get rid of any obstruction like the structure of shooting through your roof. It's not really expensive, or difficult, to install grounding.

Take a look at this Winegard antenna. It too is a 60 mile antenna, but directional. BTW, no such thing as an HDTV antenna.

There are other manufacturers of UHF antennas besides the one.

You can also find grounding stuff there as well, including a $6 ground rod. I did a quick search.
To MrVideo, and others that replied to my questions:
Thank you all very much!
I did install the Winegard yagi that was recommended. Receiving all MSN stations on the Tivo box I picked up from Ebay with lifetime sub. Just upgraded the internal hard drive to 1tb today.
Tried to cancel Dish, but they talked me into sticking around for $13 a month for 3 months. Now I can watch all the concerts recorded to my Hopper dvr once more before I send it back!

To anyone clicking the url for the antenna MrVideo recommended, you will have to add the missing colon.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe77 View Post
To MrVideo, and others that replied to my questions:
Thank you all very much!
You are welcome.

Quote:
To anyone clicking the url for the antenna MrVideo recommended, you will have to add the missing colon.
Oops, there was a cut-n-paste error in the posting, which I fixed by removing the extra http:// text. No colon needs to be added, just the removal of the errant text.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement