Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
post #3241 of 3249 Old 01-04-2015, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Weather plays havoc with digital signals, so that may be part of the problem. Today I can't get anything to come in reliable except WKMG and WFTV. Everything else is hit and miss.

Sorry BHN, I went to the 'dark side'. Crap I say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3249 Old 01-04-2015, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just tried again. All 15s are still MIA.

Could it be a tropo problem for those of us in Brevard County?

Edit: The 24s (UCF PBS) are gone now too. But I have 44 other channels still coming in just fine.

The conspiracy theorist in me suspects a plot against Public Television stations... 😉

Last edited by Dennis_D; 01-04-2015 at 12:33 PM.
post #3243 of 3249 Old 01-04-2015, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 266
LOL! I am in Brevard too and I like I said it's been hit and miss all day.

Sorry BHN, I went to the 'dark side'. Crap I say
post #3244 of 3249 Old 01-28-2015, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_D View Post
Dang it.

Guess I'll just have to keep getting my classic Doctor Who fix off of Netflix...
I'm about 14 miles from the Transmitter and get it well, Maybe you have some Low Power stations in Melbourne that can affiliate with them
post #3245 of 3249 Old 01-28-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGN2001 View Post
Just found out that WKMG 6.2 is now running COZI TV instead of LiveWell. Good move.

But why, oh why do these stations choose to muck with the aspect ratios on their subchannels. Most of these old classic TV channels should be 4:3 in the center of today's 16:9 screens. The new GritTV is all stretched funny, and now COZI is letterboxed inside another letterbox!

I swear, these stations need some better engineers, or managers who will let the engineers do what's correct.

Harry
Yeah I have a Standard TV and I hate the Postage stamp on many of the shows, COZI TV Affiliates get more complaints about that then other Networks, WKMG wasn't like that when they had RTV but Heartland seems to be the same so it may be WKMG
http://www.tvobscurities.com/2013/01...ew-of-cozi-tv/

Last edited by Lord Zedd; 01-28-2015 at 05:55 PM.
post #3246 of 3249 Old 02-13-2015, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know if we will be getting LAFF tv here in Orlando? They announced Tampa and West Palm Beach. It starts April 15th. I sure hope so, it sounds really good:

[via press release from LAFF]

LAFF -- The Nation's First Comedy-Driven Broadcast Television Network -- Licenses Rights to the Popular Sitcoms "The Drew Carey Show," "Night Court," "Ellen," "Empty Nest" and "Grace Under Fire" In Initial Programming Agreements
ATLANTA (February 13, 2015) - LAFF, the country's first-ever, over-the-air broadcast television network devoted to comedy around-the-clock set to launch on April 15, 2015, made the first in what-will-be a series of programming acquisition announcements today, landing the broadcast television rights to more than 800 episodes of some of the most popular sitcoms in contemporary television.
In the three individual, multi-year licensing agreements, LAFF licenses:
· All nine seasons of both The Drew Carey Show (233 episodes) and Night Court (193 episodes) from Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution.
· Two series from The Disney/ABC Television Group: Ellen DeGeneres' first sitcom Ellen (109 episodes) and all seven seasons of Empty Nest (170 episodes).
· Grace Under Fire (112 episodes) starring Brett Butler from Carsey-Werner Productions.
"These are iconic series featuring some of the funniest comedic talents and memorable characters of our time," commented Jonathan Katz, President and CEO of Katz Broadcasting. "We're assembling an all-star comedy line-up and will be announcing more acquisitions shortly."
LAFF will feature a mix of contemporary off-network sitcoms and popular theatrical motion pictures, with a target audience of adults 18-49. The LAFF brand will cross multiple platforms, with the linear network carried on the signals of local broadcast television stations and corresponding cable carriage while a selection of companion digital content will be available at LAFF.com and via the LAFF app.
The newly-announced LAFF already has two major distribution agreements in place. The ABC Owned Television Stations will carry LAFF in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh and Fresno. The E.W. Scripps Company will also launch LAFF on its stations in Detroit, Phoenix, Tampa, Denver, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Baltimore, San Diego, Kansas City, Cincinnati, West Palm Beach, Buffalo and Tulsa.
These initial agreements will make LAFF available to more than 35% of the country, with more distribution additions expected to be announced shortly. LAFF is owned and operated by Katz Broadcasting, established in 2014 by Bounce TV founder/COO and former Turner Broadcasting executive Jonathan Katz. LAFF joins GRIT, the first broadcast network targeting men, and ESCAPE, the first over-the-air network designed for women, in the Katz Broadcasting portfolio. Katz is President and CEO of the company while also still serving as COO of Bounce TV, the nation's first and only over-the-air television network for African Americans.

Source: thefutoncritic.com
post #3247 of 3249 Old 02-14-2015, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If memory serves me correctly, Bounce TV is supposed to be moving from WRBW 65.3 to WOTF 43.3(?), so perhaps WRBW 65.3 could pick up LAFF.
post #3248 of 3249 Old 02-14-2015, 01:21 PM

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/fox-...ia-1201409379/
I'm not sure but I read that the New BUZZR game show channel will be placed on Fox Owned stations. I had read in a Facebook post. That WRBW 65.3 is where it will land when Bounce moves. There are a few Networks I would like to see DECADES, HERO'S AND ICONS and LAFF Plus Retro on something more people can get, though I am grateful for WRCF 29.1 for playing it, I get it in South Orlando Universal area and a friend in Winter Park get's it great.. I've been a little disappointed in Cozi TV they seem to play the same few episodes of some of their series over and over.

Sadly we are running out of Sub-channels unless WOFL decides to get in the game
post #3249 of 3249 Unread Today, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFFrank View Post
If memory serves me correctly, Bounce TV is supposed to be moving from WRBW 65.3 to WOTF 43.3(?), so perhaps WRBW 65.3 could pick up LAFF.
https://www.facebook.com/BuzzrGames
This confirms That Buzzr will be replacing BOUNCE on WRBW 65.3, Not DECADES or LAFF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page