Orlando, FL - OTA - Page 113 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #3361 of 3362 Old 09-12-2016, 06:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I was just checking to see if Channel 43-4 had changed from the ESCAPE network yet, since 9-3 had picked it up recently. Both channels are still carrying ESCAPE, however they are broadcasting different programming.

Right now, Sept. 12th at 9 AM Eastern, channel 9-3 is halfway thru a 2-hour movie called "Angel of Death," while channel 43-4 is starting an episode of "The FBI Files."

Both channels are identifying as "ESCAPE" in my tuner's channel listing and both channels have the "ESCAPE" network bug in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.

Anyone know what's going on here? Are the owners of the "ESCAPE" network spinning up another network?

Just checked my local tv listings on TVGuide.com. 9-3 is identified as "ESCAPE" in the listings. 43-4 is identified as WOTF-DT4.

Last edited by Dennis_D; 09-12-2016 at 06:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 3362 Old 09-20-2016, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Kind of a waste for WOTF to be showing the same thing as WFTV. They're both running the same thing as of this writing. Here's something else to ponder. For the past few days WOFT 8.1 has been showing the old movies with very low volume while 8.2 - 8.4 are showing infomercials at what seems to be various audio levels. Isn't anyone paying attention over there? If memory serves me correctly all full power TV stations have to have an engineer at the studios & transmitter at all times. I guess the same rules don't apply to low powered ones.
Nayan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception