Peoria, IL - HDTV - Page 73 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #2161 of 2180 Old 02-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Member
 
Jokinjer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks. Whether HD or not, that puts WMBD/WYZZ as the only mid-market newscast, to my knowledge, still broadcasting in 4:3. I have my fingers crossed that this will change for WMBD by the end of the year. Though I bet there's going to be some hubbing involved. I'm just hoping it's not a total farm-out of their newscast. I know Nexstar has recently opened a news hub in Memphis.
Jokinjer1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2162 of 2180 Old 04-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Member
 
Jokinjer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
2 recent FCC rulings:

https://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/fcc-votes-to-prevent-joint-retransmission-negotiations_b118328

https://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/fcc-votes-to-ban-joint-service-agreements_b118336

I love it how the republicans slammed their decision to restrict JSA's. Over the past few years, and plenty of times, I've seen people blame the democrats for the loose FCC rules, just because they were forged during the days of the Clinton Administration. I sure hope many of those same people are paying attention to what is happening now.

I'm for people getting rich, but not if they're going to play dirty. For those who think the republicans are any better than the democrats, both parties are corrupt.
Jokinjer1 is online now  
post #2163 of 2180 Old 07-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
As someone whos worked at both wmbd and week it makes me laugh to see you arm chair station managers complain... ya station management cares mostly about money thats why they haven't upgraded to hd..but you guys realize its not its the flip of a switch to go from sd to hd...also these stations don't make nearly as much as you think they do.
peoria555 is offline  
post #2164 of 2180 Old 07-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Member
 
Jokinjer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoria555 View Post
As someone whos worked at both wmbd and week it makes me laugh to see you arm chair station managers complain... ya station management cares mostly about money thats why they haven't upgraded to hd..but you guys realize its not its the flip of a switch to go from sd to hd...also these stations don't make nearly as much as you think they do.
Are you Mark DeSantis incognito? I know mid-market stations don't make a ton of cash, and I know it cost 1~2 million easily, mere pocket change compared to what Nexstar shells out to buy more and more stations. My point is Peoria is one of the very few mid-sized markets that lacks a single station with an HD newscast. There are several markets even smaller and poorer than Peoria with at least one, and in some cases, 3 independent news operations broadcasting in HD.

Quincy Newspapers originally wanted to control WHOI once they get WEEK, but Sinclair announces they will break terminate the JSA within 9 months of WEEK's ownership transfer to Quincy Newspapers. Seems to me, as I have been suspecting for quite some time, Sinclair is wanting to revamp either the WHOI or WYZZ studios for their own independent news operation. WEEK will likely upgrade to HD within a year after being acquired by Quincy Newspapers. All other Quincy stations are broadcasting local news in HD from what I can tell. And hopefully this will light a fire under Nexstar to upgrade WMBD, but I have a sneaking suspicion WMBD's local news will eventually be farmed out to WCIA. If they weren't giving up, I would think they would have at least made the push to digital widescreen by now. Even KHQA has been broadcasting in digital widescreen.

It seems all I get on here are excuses for the poorest stations in the nation to continue their poor status. Look beyond Peoria and one can see how atypical it is for a market the size of Peoria to not have a single station fully transformed this late in time. Yes, it's 2014 for crying out loud. Wake up Peoria! Sure, Granite has no money, but there's no excuse for Nexstar's neglect of WMBD.
Jokinjer1 is online now  
post #2165 of 2180 Old 08-07-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
b_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
any word on if the CW will ever get an HD version in Peoria? My parents still can only get Supernatural in SD.
b_scott is offline  
post #2166 of 2180 Old 08-11-2014, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zaphod7501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Peoria Illinois
Posts: 1,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
any word on if the CW will ever get an HD version in Peoria? My parents still can only get Supernatural in SD.
The CW has been HD for quite a while. 720p just like ABC/WHOI. There is technology to broadcast two HD channels on a single broadcast channel. So, the CW is in HD when using an antenna with a digital tuner or HD TV.

If they are on cable, then it depends on their subscription package and which cable box that they have. #907 is the CW HD and ABC/WHOI is #908 You will obviously need an HD box (extra charge) If they are using the simple adapters with a channel 3 output, then everything is SD.

Of course, the picture quality can suffer with rate-shaping due to low bitrate causing artifacts during high motion scenes.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
zaphod7501 is offline  
post #2167 of 2180 Old 08-11-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
b_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod7501 View Post
The CW has been HD for quite a while. 720p just like ABC/WHOI. There is technology to broadcast two HD channels on a single broadcast channel. So, the CW is in HD when using an antenna with a digital tuner or HD TV.

If they are on cable, then it depends on their subscription package and which cable box that they have. #907 is the CW HD and ABC/WHOI is #908 You will obviously need an HD box (extra charge) If they are using the simple adapters with a channel 3 output, then everything is SD.

Of course, the picture quality can suffer with rate-shaping due to low bitrate causing artifacts during high motion scenes.
Thanks I'll double check with them. I see they are recording it on 907 (on their Tivo) so maybe I'm mistaken. I know they had that issue for a long time, that CW was in letterboxed SD.
b_scott is offline  
post #2168 of 2180 Old 08-11-2014, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zaphod7501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Peoria Illinois
Posts: 1,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
While the broadcast is 16:9 HD, not all of the programming is, especially on reruns.

When you say "letterboxed" that indicates bars on the top and bottom, (but not the sides) which is the way a 16:9 image should be displayed on a 4:3 TV, or a theatrical movie would show on any kind of TV.

If you mean "windowboxed, (bars on all 4 sides of the image) then something has probably been flagged incorrectly and you need to use a "zoom" function on the TV or Tivo. This will often happen with a 4:3 show, broadcast on an HD channel, but viewed on a 4:3 TV.

A 4:3 content show should be displayed with bars on the sides (but not top and bottom) on a 16:9 TV (called Pillarboxed)

So there are a lot of variables involved. Type of TV, Type of Tivo, zoom settings of TV and Tivo, setup of TV and Tivo, format of content (of the particular show). A rerun of Supernatural played from an old tape might be 4:3 but a new network feed should be 16:9, but a delayed new episode might have been recorded as 4:3 and flagged and displayed incorrectly. AND the cable company can further alter the aspect ratio or flag it incorrectly when they re-transmit the station creating an image that cannot be displayed correctly on anything.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
zaphod7501 is offline  
post #2169 of 2180 Old 08-17-2014, 07:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Thinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Peoria, IL USA
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Peoria viewers pulling in Springfield, Campaign, Quad Cities

Anyone in Peoria able to pull in signals from Springfield, Champaign or Quad Cities? According to the FCC, I could do it with the right antenna:

FCC maps: http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/

Potential antenna: http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=DB8E&ss=258800
Thinker is offline  
post #2170 of 2180 Old 08-18-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zaphod7501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Peoria Illinois
Posts: 1,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Well, this morning, I'm getting the QC stations but not Springfield. Ch 20 is detected on a scan but gets no image. Tonight, that could change, or even reverse.

If you click on the "Gain/Loss Map" link, you'll get a better idea of what is possible. Using 61614 or 61615 will give more station options than 61604 for some reason.

I don't have any experience with that antenna but I'm using a simple Philips flat, amplified indoor/outdoor antenna on a mast above my old VHF antenna. It picks up from front and back so it works for my location where the QC is about 180 degrees from East Peoria. I've used a Channel Master CM 4221 and the "All Channel" VHF antenna (with and without preamps) but this relatively ($30-$50) cheap antenna works better. There are newer versions an similar designs out there.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
zaphod7501 is offline  
post #2171 of 2180 Old 11-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Member
 
Jokinjer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am now beginning to doubt that Quincy Newspapers is going to acquire any of the Granite stations including WEEK. The reason being is the Granite-Scripps deal, which was made just 2 days before the Granite-Quincy Newspapers deal, already went through a few months ago. I can't see the FCC taking 3 months longer to approve one deal than another. There was a post about a change in ownership rules possibly derailing this deal. For one thing, Quincy will not be operating WHOI as they had once hoped for. But WEEK would be goldmine with or without WHOI. And there is just no further info available online. It's frustrating, but I'm sure it will not happen now. For Peoria to finally be ride of Granite would be too much to ask for. And as long as Granite owns WEEK, they will also run WHOI through the SSA expiration date of 2017, which means stagnation in Peoria for another full 2 years, and a continued standoff between WEEK & WHOI as far as HD newscast are concerned.

The biggest recent upgrade in Peoria is the new state-of-the-art Weather Graphics system at WMBD. Since WSI & Weather Central have merged, I can't tell much difference between them, but they have become very sweet. WHBF, WQAD & KWQC have had varients of their new systems for 1-2 years now. That said, WEEK's Accu-crap pales in comparison. I still chuckle at the thought of a ratings powerhouse deciding to remain with AccuWx in 2010. Peoria views are really naive.

But WMBD's new weather graphics, as nice as they are, are also a bad sign that they will not be offering an HD newscast anytime soon. Most stations, especially Nexstar stations, usually wait until they unveil their newscast and set before unveiling their new weather graphics. It only reassures the freshest look. Though a station may keep the same graphics for 5 years, they usually make changes the look every 2 years, be it minor or major. But you won't see them turn around and change the look just a few months later, which they will want to do if they get a new set. That said, I bet they will be SD another 2 years. Furthermore, I bet they will be in 4:3 for just as long. I am thoroughly disgusted with Nexstar's decision to neglect WMBD & WYZZ, especially knowing they are about the last outfit in the country left broadcasting 4:3 480i despite numerous complaints that get ignored. It's a waste to have graphics that beautiful only to pass them along in 4:3 480i. HD widescreen is the only way to view them. And as long as WEEK remains the only other competitor, Peoria tv will continue to suffer. Neither station wants to actually compete with the another. They just want to keep the bar low.

Last edited by Jokinjer1; 11-03-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Jokinjer1 is online now  
post #2172 of 2180 Old 11-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Member
 
Jokinjer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hate reading articles like this when none of it applies to Peoria. http://www.thestreet.com/story/12557...-in-april.html
Jokinjer1 is online now  
post #2173 of 2180 Old 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
unclehonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 643
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokinjer1 View Post
I am now beginning to doubt that Quincy Newspapers is going to acquire any of the Granite stations including WEEK. The reason being is the Granite-Scripps deal, which was made just 2 days before the Granite-Quincy Newspapers deal, already went through a few months ago. I can't see the FCC taking 3 months longer to approve one deal than another. .
The issue was in some markets (Duluth, MN & FT Wayne, IN) Granite owned one station and ran another (via "shell-company" Malara Broadcasting) and the FCC puts clamps on that when they tried to sell.
On the 20th they submitted an addendum to the sale basically dropping the 2 Malara Stations (KDLH Duluth and WPTA Ft Wayne, IN). Granite will keep them for now

from northpine.com (they mainly deal with MN, the dakotas, iowa, wisconsin and the UP of Michigan so the Duluth station is emphasized)

Granite Broadcasting has modified its plan to sell Duluth NBC affiliate KBJR-TV/6.1 (Superior) and stations in three markets outside the Upper Midwest to Quincy Newspapers, removing some provisions that ran afoul of new FCC ownership rules limiting joint sales agreements.
KBJR currently operates CBS affiliate KDLH/3.1 (Duluth), owned by Malara Broadcast Group, and the original deal would have had SagamoreHill Broadcasting buy KDLH and enter a new agreement with Quincy to run the station. The new $189.7 million deal abandons the Malara station sales, keeping ownership with Malara while Quincy buys the Granite stations and assumes Granite's agreements to run the Malara stations.
The other stations included in the deal are KBJR satellite KRII/11 (Chisholm) and stations in the Peoria, Fort Wayne, and Binghamton markets.
unclehonkey is offline  
post #2174 of 2180 Old 11-29-2014, 04:50 AM
Member
 
bluegras's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
when will the peoria stations their news in hd thanks :-)
bluegras is offline  
post #2175 of 2180 Old 12-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Member
 
Jokinjer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
The issue was in some markets (Duluth, MN & FT Wayne, IN) Granite owned one station and ran another (via "shell-company" Malara Broadcasting) and the FCC puts clamps on that when they tried to sell.
On the 20th they submitted an addendum to the sale basically dropping the 2 Malara Stations (KDLH Duluth and WPTA Ft Wayne, IN). Granite will keep them for now

from northpine.com (they mainly deal with MN, the dakotas, iowa, wisconsin and the UP of Michigan so the Duluth station is emphasized)

Granite Broadcasting has modified its plan to sell Duluth NBC affiliate KBJR-TV/6.1 (Superior) and stations in three markets outside the Upper Midwest to Quincy Newspapers, removing some provisions that ran afoul of new FCC ownership rules limiting joint sales agreements.
KBJR currently operates CBS affiliate KDLH/3.1 (Duluth), owned by Malara Broadcast Group, and the original deal would have had SagamoreHill Broadcasting buy KDLH and enter a new agreement with Quincy to run the station. The new $189.7 million deal abandons the Malara station sales, keeping ownership with Malara while Quincy buys the Granite stations and assumes Granite's agreements to run the Malara stations.
The other stations included in the deal are KBJR satellite KRII/11 (Chisholm) and stations in the Peoria, Fort Wayne, and Binghamton markets.
Thanks. I did see a news release on this just a few days ago. It's irritating how it became quiet for several months. And it's kid of a disappointment to see they have just re-filed. But at least it is done now. I'm hoping the FCC doesn't take too long. At this pace, Peoria TV will not reap the benefits until 2016. After the changeover, it will take at least 9 months to renovate WEEK they way it should be.
Jokinjer1 is online now  
post #2176 of 2180 Old 12-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Member
 
Jokinjer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegras View Post
when will the peoria stations their news in hd thanks :-)
Your guess is as good as mine. This has been my main gripe with the local tv stations for the last 3 years or so. WMBD gets plenty of complaints because their syndicated programming has also been passed along in 4:3 480i. But beyond that, most people in Peoria don't care. There has been a lot of talk in other market forums, but not so much here in Peoria. In fact, many people here were under the impression that very few stations were doing news in HD. I think I'm one of the main people to make Peoria aware.

With over three quarters of Nexstar stations broadcasting local programming in HD, I sure would have thought WMBD would be there by now. My early bet was WMBD would beat WEEK & WHOI to the punch, but WMBD has never ceased to surprise me and disappoint me in how long they continue to hold out. It has been recently pointed out that another Nexstar station went HD within a year of unveiling the same weather graphics package that WMBD recently upgraded to. But this doesn't necessarily a solid sign WMBD will follow suit. But if they want to still remain local, and they anticipate possible changes at WEEK and/or WHOI following ownership changes, it would be smart for them to react now by starting the upgrade process, instead of waiting until they have received concrete word that one of the competitors have started theirs. But Nexstar has never been one to break ground in a market, so I'm not holding my breath here.

If WMBD doesn't do it, the key will be if/when Quincy takes over WEEK. It is my suspicion that Quincy will fully revamp WEEK eventually and Sinclair will immediately start work on a state-of-the-art studio for WHOI(which could eventually serve WYZZ as well). Until than, I can reassure no changes will come to WEEK or WHOI.
Jokinjer1 is online now  
post #2177 of 2180 Old 12-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Member
 
bluegras's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i definatly would like to see all the peoria stations broadcasts their news in hd maybe in the future it will happen who knows.maybe lots of people on this forum needs to contact the stations to let them know to start broadcasting their news in hd.

thanks

Allen bluegras
bluegras is offline  
post #2178 of 2180 Old 12-02-2014, 01:48 AM
Senior Member
 
mbclev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Solon, OH
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokinjer1 View Post
Your guess is as good as mine. This has been my main gripe with the local tv stations for the last 3 years or so. WMBD gets plenty of complaints because their syndicated programming has also been passed along in 4:3 480i. But beyond that, most people in Peoria don't care. There has been a lot of talk in other market forums, but not so much here in Peoria. In fact, many people here were under the impression that very few stations were doing news in HD. I think I'm one of the main people to make Peoria aware.

With over three quarters of Nexstar stations broadcasting local programming in HD, I sure would have thought WMBD would be there by now. My early bet was WMBD would beat WEEK & WHOI to the punch, but WMBD has never ceased to surprise me and disappoint me in how long they continue to hold out. It has been recently pointed out that another Nexstar station went HD within a year of unveiling the same weather graphics package that WMBD recently upgraded to. But this doesn't necessarily a solid sign WMBD will follow suit. But if they want to still remain local, and they anticipate possible changes at WEEK and/or WHOI following ownership changes, it would be smart for them to react now by starting the upgrade process, instead of waiting until they have received concrete word that one of the competitors have started theirs. But Nexstar has never been one to break ground in a market, so I'm not holding my breath here.

If WMBD doesn't do it, the key will be if/when Quincy takes over WEEK. It is my suspicion that Quincy will fully revamp WEEK eventually and Sinclair will immediately start work on a state-of-the-art studio for WHOI(which could eventually serve WYZZ as well). Until than, I can reassure no changes will come to WEEK or WHOI.

I think your market might now be the largest in the country without HD local newscasts, because I just saw a brief snippet of a newscast from KTVB in Boise, ID, and it looked HD to me, at least from the studio (I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor, and I can tell if a newscast looks HD because of my monitor's resolution), because of Gannett taking over that station. Boise was the largest market without HD news up until KTVB's conversion.


http://www.ktvb.com
mbclev is offline  
post #2179 of 2180 Unread Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Member
 
Jokinjer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegras View Post
i definatly would like to see all the peoria stations broadcasts their news in hd maybe in the future it will happen who knows.maybe lots of people on this forum needs to contact the stations to let them know to start broadcasting their news in hd.

thanks

Allen bluegras
I'm with you there. Sadly, I'm not sure very many people on this forum really care. Over the past couple of years, it seems that many think this is common place for newscasts to still be 480i, but it's not. And WMBD continues to ignore countless complaints to their Facebook page. WEEK responds sometimes, but they always pour out such crap for excuses. I will just continue to press this issue and educate the local viewers. The more I do that, the harder it becomes for Peoria TV to continue getting by with the ongoing stagnation.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mbclev View Post
I think your market might now be the largest in the country without HD local newscasts, because I just saw a brief snippet of a newscast from KTVB in Boise, ID, and it looked HD to me, at least from the studio (I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor, and I can tell if a newscast looks HD because of my monitor's resolution), because of Gannett taking over that station. Boise was the largest market without HD news up until KTVB's conversion.


http://www.ktvb.com
It certainly wouldn't surprise me. WMBD & WEEK are the only remaining NBC and CBS affiliates on Illinois soil without HD local programming capability. I can sort of see Granite's problem, but there's no reason for Nexstar to be treating WMBD they way they are. Ever since they took over WMBD in 1999, they have done nothing but suck the life out of WMBD. And 15 years of personality turnovers? I probably shouldn't get started on that or that will be another lengthy series of rants from yours truly. WEEK has started to get their share of turnovers lately.

WEEK & WHOI lost a lot of viewers to WMBD following the merger. And many viewers are leaving WMBD, not because they're not in HD, but because they are still broadcasting in annoying 4:3. Many viewers already think WEEK is in HD because they don't know the difference between 480p & 1080i. Nexstar is stupid to leave WMBD continuing to produce local programming as well as to pass along syndicated programming in 4:3 this late in the game. But you can't tell them how to run things.

I've heard WMBD called a sinking ship. I've also heard that Peoria has no advertising revenue to make any sort of investments in Peoria stations. I don't know how this can be as the Quincy DMA, which is much smaller, has 2 strong stations. Also, the Rockford DMA is smaller, yet they have 3 stations which have all been fully upgraded. I could go on and on.

One final thing though. WMBD did recently "like" one of my posts to their Facebook page regarding this sort of thing. I was surprised and this marks the first form of acknowledgement from them. I'm sure the didn't really like what I had to say, but the fact there was some sort of response. Maybe that's a sign of something?
Jokinjer1 is online now  
post #2180 of 2180 Unread Today, 07:56 AM
Member
 
Jokinjer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
And where did Citadel come up with the money to upgrade all of it's stations at the same time? Almost each all of their stations were lower-rated than WHOI and much, much lower rated than WMBD. Of course here in Peoria, our stations have taken the easy way out. WHOI surrendered their newscast to WEEK, which surrendered the bulk of it's operations to a distant hub. WMBD has chosen thus far to do absolutely nothing. They claim there's no ad revenue left in Peoria. Wow, Peoria must be worst off than Quincy, Rockford, Erie, Wassau, Youngstown, the upper up of Michigan, etc. I don't buy it. The Peoria area TV market is locked by 2 entities of corporate greed.
Jokinjer1 is online now  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off