Peoria, IL - HDTV - Page 77 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
post #2281 of 2306 Old 07-26-2016, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvcg66b3r View Post
Quincy buys ABC, CW affiliations from Sinclair

http://www.cinewsnow.com/news/local/...388308022.html

Will all three subchannels be in HD? And what happens to WHOI?
Since WTVP at RF 46 will be affected by the repack/spectrum auction (in addition to WAOE at RF 39), any chance WTVP might opt to move to the soon-to-be-vacated RF 19? While still broadcasting as virtual 47, or even choosing to remap as: 19.1 PBS/WTVP feed, 19.2 World, 19.3 Create?

Or do you think WAOE gets a hold of RF 19, or could they eventually find themselves heading to WEEK's RF 25 signal too?

And any possibility that Nexstar might buy WYZZ's Fox affiliation from Sinclair and move it to a subchannel of WMBD? Or do you think Sinclair can survive in Peoria/Bloomington with owning only a Fox affiliate?

Last edited by TimfromSpfdIL; 07-26-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2306 Old 07-26-2016, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Interesting that Sinclair and Quincy do a little programming swap in 2 markets

Quincy buys the programming from Sinclair here meanwhile in South Bend Sinclair bought the FOX affiliation from Quincy and is moving it to their (Sinclair) own station
post #2283 of 2306 Old 07-27-2016, 02:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Odd that they'd do this right after Sinclair spent money replacing WHOI's antenna. Maybe they'll be moving the Fox programming to the WHOI signal?

This is a strange move to me, but unclehonkey is probably onto something; my guess is that this was probably a swap between Quincy and Sinclair with little or no cash involved.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #2284 of 2306 Old 07-28-2016, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
Odd that they'd do this right after Sinclair spent money replacing WHOI's antenna. Maybe they'll be moving the Fox programming to the WHOI signal?

This is a strange move to me, but unclehonkey is probably onto something; my guess is that this was probably a swap between Quincy and Sinclair with little or no cash involved.

- Trip
I do find it strange, though Sinclair can easily turn right around and sell it or reuse it somewhere else. Don't forget WHOI was taken over by WEEK just 2 years after WHOI spent $125,000 on a WSI weather graphics system.

Well over a year ago, it was announced up this would happen in one of the markets affected by the Quincy Purchase. But nothing was said about WHOI. So I didn't see this coming.

My speculation is that Peoria's second-oldest tv station will probably be going dark with it's license relinquished to free up space for the upcoming spectrum crunch. But there is no comment on 19's future, even when asked. That being said, perhaps even the people in charge have yet to totally decide it's fate.

At the very minimum, the FCC is wanting to Squeeze UHF TV stations down to 14-44, which would only affect WTVP-47, which operates on digital channel 46. In this scenario, I can see WTVP moving to digital channel 19 sometime soon. That is, if they can afford to make the move.

But if the FCC is going to try to go a little further than that. If they are able to free up all of the UHF space they are targeting, the UHF tv band will be reduced to channels 14-26. That being said, WYZZ (digital channel 28), WMBD (digital channel 30) & WAOE (digital channel 39), would all have to relocate to lower frequencies. And I don't think there will be any free frequencies left in the Peoria Market except maybe 19.

In this scenario, it could very well be that WMBD moves to digital channel 19-1 and the WYZZ & WAOE facilities go dark as well while moving to 19-2 & 19-3.

It's all a very sad state of affairs. WHOI has been serving central Illinois for over 60 years. And I've found the sub channels on all of our stations to be rather entertaining. Now we may see WHOI go dark (and possibly WAOE and WYZZ), which would bring us back to the same OTA choices we had before the digital conversion. I have never been to WHOI, but I've heart the facility has been in poor shape for years, so I imagine it has continued to decay, hence part of the reason why Sinclair may be wanting to just give up on it. Though with Sinclair being fairly wealthy, I have to say I'm disappointed in them for not putting more effort into 19. But the same time, if there's no channel space, than it wouldn't make good business sense to invest in their facility when there's other stations, which are in better shape, that can move to their frequency.

I just hope the cell phone and wireless companies really need all this space. A lot of people don't get it, but broadcast stations are free for the people. And they provide news and emergency alerts which make it to everybody with an antenna. Any use of this spectrum, other than OTA, demands a subscription fee. There are way too many people in this country who don't know how to live within their means. I know people who can barely keep their family fed, yet they are paying for cable and other things that are not considered necessary. By continuing to chomp away at tv channel space, they will be forcing people subscribe to cable and wireless services. And speaking of bad service, when something goes wrong, all of these have very bad service in my opinion. I, personally, would never pay for cable tv, or satellite, for that matter. Internet & cell phones is a different story, but they can't replace OTA TV. For one thing, we've all seen how bogus some of the internet news sources are. And how many people blindly post some of this crap to Facebook, and other social media. The internet was to make this entire nation more informed. And, for the right people, it has. But it has only managed to make a lot of the misinformed only more misinformed. Because they search for bogus material that panders to their fantasies. There's no standard of accountability in social media.
dishrich and csworldwide1 like this.

Last edited by Jokinjer1; 07-28-2016 at 05:54 PM.
post #2285 of 2306 Old 07-29-2016, 10:31 AM

After seeing a preview of WEEK's new HD set, I'm a little underwhelmed thus far. Am I the only one?

It just seems a little plain to me. But at least it is much bigger than what they had. It seemed like the personalities were packed into the old set.

Not to be knocking their new set, but I prefer WMBD's set. Though I'm sure there are some who find the WMBD set to be too loud. It comes down to a personal preference thing. And I think I will continue to prefer the whole WMBD news operatoin over WEEK/WHOI.

Aside from a fairly plain set that I find just okay, I commend 25 for taking a giant leap in the right direction. HD quality video and an end to nearly 20 years of the "news wire" theme. "Move Closer To Your World" is the only theme that should be kept more than a decade. And in the case of WPVI, I believe they should keep it indefinitely. Again, that's the only exception in my opinion.

Sent a private Facebook message to WMBD asking about their progress in showing syndicated programming in HD, but as the old Genesis tune goes, there's no reply at all. I'm afraid they has a setback and who knows when they will finally gain that ability.
post #2286 of 2306 Old 07-29-2016, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm most curious to see if both ABC and CW remain at 720p in the new configuration. (It would be sad to see the CW go down to SD, but I'm not sure the compression technology can accommodate otherwise.)
post #2287 of 2306 Old 07-30-2016, 12:00 PM

When WHOI and CW move to 25's subchannels, after the 60-day transition is completed is it possible for 25.2 to be converted back to 19.1, and CW back to 19.2, even while on RF 25 and WEEK remains 25.1? Or is having different numbered "primary" channels on the same RF frequency impossible?
post #2288 of 2306 Old 07-30-2016, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimfromSpfdIL View Post
When WHOI and CW move to 25's subchannels, after the 60-day transition is completed is it possible for 25.2 to be converted back to 19.1, and CW back to 19.2, even while on RF 25 and WEEK remains 25.1? Or is having different numbered "primary" channels on the same RF frequency impossible?
Sure they could. PSIP can be anything...EXCEPT

The issue is 19 (Sinclair) still "owns" the rights to PSIP 19 so they (Quincy) probably can't use it.

Again this affects only OTA viewers with the different PSIP. When a station moves to a sub in most cases they still are called what they were known as. On Monday in Duluth, MN KDLH CBS 3-1 is moving to a sub of KBJR NBC as 6-2 (as part of the Quincy/Granite/Malara buyout). CW is moving from 3-2 to 3-1 under new owner Sagamore Hill. KDLH will still be called "CBS 3" and will stay on channel 3 (or4 in some areas) on cable.
post #2289 of 2306 Old 07-30-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokinjer1 View Post

At the very minimum, the FCC is wanting to Squeeze UHF TV stations down to 14-44, which would only affect WTVP-47, which operates on digital channel 46. In this scenario, I can see WTVP moving to digital channel 19 sometime soon. That is, if they can afford to make the move.

But if the FCC is going to try to go a little further than that. If they are able to free up all of the UHF space they are targeting, the UHF tv band will be reduced to channels 14-26. That being said, WYZZ (digital channel 28), WMBD (digital channel 30) & WAOE (digital channel 39), would all have to relocate to lower frequencies. And I don't think there will be any free frequencies left in the Peoria Market except maybe 19.

In this scenario, it could very well be that WMBD moves to digital channel 19-1 and the WYZZ & WAOE facilities go dark as well while moving to 19-2 & 19-3.
I thought that the repack was going to affect "only" Rf channels 30 and up. So WYZZ at RF 28 would be "spared" at this time unless Sinclair has plans to consolidate Fox and GetTV at WHOI's RF 19 facility after their loss of ABC/CW. Meaning that WMBD, WAOE and WTVP will have to shop for new frequencies.

Does anyone know if any of the Peoria/surrounding area stations applied to be part of the spectrum auction? In Illinois, I've only heard of PBS stations WEIU Charleston and WYCC Chicago that have applied to be part of the auction.

Also, has anyone been on RabbitEars.Info recently, and seen the Peoria market listings there? Especially the silent DTV America licenses on Physical 10/RF 35 (a reverse of WWTO!), RF 14, RF 16, and RF 32? Anyone seeing anything coming of those in the future, or do you think those DTV America licenses are just spectrum bait for the Peoria market?

From RabbitEars (which I couldn't copy/paste well on this board):
Channel(s)StationCity State
10 35 W35DE-D PEORIA IL
14 14 W14DL-D PEORIA IL
16 16 W16CT-D PEORIA IL
19 19 WHOI PEORIA IL
25 25 WEEK-TV PEORIA IL
31 30 WMBD-TV PEORIA IL
32 32 W32EF-D PEORIA IL
35 10 WWTO-TV LA SALLE IL
43 28 WYZZ-TV BLOOMINGTON IL
47 46 WTVP PEORIA IL
59 39 WAOE PEORIA IL
post #2290 of 2306 Old 08-01-2016, 03:20 PM

As I suspected, the CW on 25.3 is squished to a 480i widescreen afterthought, which I now have to adjust on my TV to 'full' from 'panel' mode. Guess we have 2 more months to enjoy the old 720p CW feed on 19.2, then I'll have to aim the antenna toward WBUI 23 for an HD prime time feed after that, but I'll also be missing the rest of the all-CW feed in HD the rest of the time. Disappointing to say the least, but I guess this really is going to be the future of OTA if another spectrum repack takes place. Not just disappointing but sad.
csworldwide1 likes this.
post #2291 of 2306 Old 08-04-2016, 08:34 AM

Now the 25/19 combo situation is getting more confusing--PJStar reporting that Quincy is separating the "25" (aka 25.1) and "19" (aka 25.2) sports teams. In an ironic reversal of Peoria broadcasting history, Jim Mattson will do the "25" sports while Lee Hall is "demoted" to "19" (aka 25.2).

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20160804/...ll-moves-to-19

My question: What happens if Sinclair decides to keep 19 operational in the post-ABC/CW+ era (perhaps running it out of Springfield in the WICS/WRSP/WBUI studios), and decides to merge WYZZ's Fox and GetTV programming with Comet on 19.1/19.2/19.3? Thus taking virtual 43/RF 28 "dark" in the process (unless WMBD, WAOE, or WTVP decide to move to RF 28 in the spectrum auction/repack). Will Quincy have to stop making any references to the "new" Peoria ABC outlet as "19." (In order to not confuse viewers with a hypothetical new "Fox 19" on WHOI if Sinclair goes that route).

Last edited by TimfromSpfdIL; 08-04-2016 at 08:38 AM.
post #2292 of 2306 Old 08-05-2016, 11:46 AM

Finally some more information on the WHOI-WEEK consolidation:

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20160802/...-to-channel-25

Per the article, Comet TV will be moving to 19-1 in order to maintain that frequency.

Yet the CW has been demoted to tertiary/SD status on 25-3 - the whole thing seems to be a functionally illogical use of the bandwidth resulting from this business deal. Peoria deserves better than this.
post #2293 of 2306 Old 08-16-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if you're right. And WICS has been producing at least some of WICD's news material for at least 20 years. I can remember how cheesy it looked when they were both sharing the same weather warning system. You had this massive 40-county map and crawl with a generic header of "from the Newschannel weather center" as to be used interchangeably between 15 & 20.
Don't mean to be quoting an old post, but it's possible back in the early '90s that 40-county WICS/WICD weather warning map might have been even larger--I remember seeing a WICS county weather map around 1991 that was outlined as far west as Adams County! (And most likely McDonough and Fulton too, but not sure about Hancock). I don't think WGEM was too happy about that or reciprocated to include Sangamon County on their weather maps, however. (I could have understood the inclusion of Adams, Hancock, McDonough, etc. if WRSP actually had a newscast of their own in the early 90s, however--as 55 did serve as a de facto Fox affiliate for many viewers (OTA and cable) in the Illinois side of the Quincy/Hannibal DMA during the analog era (whatever they were able to receive from it).
post #2294 of 2306 Old 08-16-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwong View Post
Finally some more information on the WHOI-WEEK consolidation:

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20160802/...-to-channel-25

Per the article, Comet TV will be moving to 19-1 in order to maintain that frequency.

Yet the CW has been demoted to tertiary/SD status on 25-3 - the whole thing seems to be a functionally illogical use of the bandwidth resulting from this business deal. Peoria deserves better than this.
Unless Sinclair is eventually planning to move Fox and Get TV from WYZZ to WHOI's RF 19--and perhaps sell off 43 for spectrum bait.
post #2295 of 2306 Old 08-16-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Unless Sinclair is eventually planning to move Fox and Get TV from WYZZ to WHOI's RF 19--and perhaps sell off 43 for spectrum bait.

If they end up selling spectrum down to RF 28, imagine how scrunched the stations will have to be on the remaining frequencies. Kiss the extra subchannel networks goodbye. (Potentially) say hello again to VHF-low and all its frustrations. I really really hope it doesn't have to come to that.

Last edited by longwong; 08-16-2016 at 06:32 PM.
post #2296 of 2306 Old 08-17-2016, 02:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Moves to VHF are voluntary. The only stations that will move from UHF to VHF are stations that agreed to it.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #2297 of 2306 Old 08-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
as 55 did serve as a de facto Fox affiliate for many viewers (OTA and cable) in the Illinois side of the Quincy/Hannibal DMA during the analog era (whatever they were able to receive from it).
Actually many cable systems in non-FOX DMA's, used FOXNET as their FOX affiliate...including the cable system in Quincy itself:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxnet
post #2298 of 2306 Old 08-17-2016, 05:23 PM

Do we really want to model Peoria after Quincy, with its two stations carrying all five networks? Here's hoping they don't go overboard in this spectrum auction.
post #2299 of 2306 Old 08-25-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Steve Tarter from the PJStar reports that Laff and Escape will be coming to WMBD on 31.3 and 31.4 (order yet to be decided) this fall.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20160617/...-peoria?page=2

Journal Star reports those channels will be launched next Thursday (Sept. 1)--Laff on 31.3 and Escape on 31.4:

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20160825/...nels-on-sept-1

Meanwhile, the new Nexstar subchannels launched sooner than I anticipated here in Springfield/Champaign, but they are split two each among WCIA and WCIX.

The Champaign side of the market gets Bounce on 3.3 and Grit on 3.4 IIRC, and the Springfield side Escape on 49.3 and Laff on 49.4. (3.2 continues relaying WCIX-My for the eastern part of the market, 49.2 relays WCIA-CBS for the Springfield side). Similar to how Sinclair handled Cool TV and Country Network in this market (Cool on WICD-15.2 Champaign and Country only on WICS-20.2 Springfield). But Comcast refused to carry the other side of the market's subs--and I expect the same situation to be repeated with Bounce/Grit in Springfield and Escape/Laff in Champaign.

Does anyone know if WHBF will be getting at least a couple of those subchannels on for the Quad Cities DMA?
post #2300 of 2306 Old 08-25-2016, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Does anyone know if WHBF will be getting at least a couple of those subchannels on for the Quad Cities DMA?
Yes
2 on CBS 4 and the other 2 on CW 26

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=station_search&callsign=Whbf

They may not be exactly as trip put it but Quad Cities was on the list to get the Katz networks
post #2301 of 2306 Old 09-18-2016, 06:19 AM

Was nice to see WMBD finally broadcast syndicated HD programming late last night. Family Feud was flawless. But on CSI Miami, both the English and Spanish appeared simultaneously on the primary audio channel.
post #2302 of 2306 Old Today, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Was nice to see WMBD finally broadcast syndicated HD programming late last night. Family Feud was flawless. But on CSI Miami, both the English and Spanish appeared simultaneously on the primary audio channel.
Yet, despite the fact that tons of people repeatedly complained about it, I haven't seen anybody congratulate the station for finally completing the upgrade. I know they were ridiculously late, but still.

Lack of HD syndicated programming did bother me, but the lack of HD newscasts seemed to bother me a little more, probably because NO Peoria tv station had the capability before last year. Now they both there and the new WHOI is on it's way. I have congratulated the stations on all their upgrades. It's the least I could do after all the digs I directed toward them.

I work for a bowling alley that is currently loosing money. The owner is more or less stuck with it and he' scrambling to turn it around. His personal savings has run out. But so many things need done and there's no money to make any of these upgrades without hastening bankruptcy. That is, if he can get the loans to begin with. The league bowlers bitch about every little thing, especially things that are no fault of the bowling alley. Yet if you try to raise prices, which hasn't been done in years, they complain and threaten to quit. Even if you propose to raise prices by one quarter. And when you do make upgrades, there's no appreciation or thanks. It's always "okay, so when are you going to fix...(insert something else they won't perfect)". People want top quality, yet they are only willing to give a minimal amount of money. Snack bar prices have gone up to where we were loosing some money on some of the stuff we sold. And when we finally raised prices, oh, how dare us. Public works is starting to bum me out.

I knew about the frustration of finances since 2011, yet I continued to be critical of WMBD, because they had the backing of Nexstar, which I knew was making money hands over fist. And I was critical of WEEK because I couldn't stand to see Silver Point Capitol hold on to them for so long, to continue squeezing them down to nothing. And as it is, both stations still have their challenges. Everybody complains about various news personalities on both stations. And some are better than others, but I've officially stopped complaining.

The biggest shame is the likely shut-down of WHOI-TV within the next couple of years. If this happens, we will loose our second-oldest tv station, and we will loose our current capacity sub channels. The market does deserve better. But I'm not so sure there will be enough room in the spectrum to run all 6 Peoria stations after the re-pack. They can't interfere with the frequencies of the QC or State Capitol stations. And if one of the stations chooses to go VHF, it would probably be broadcasting to next to nobody. As it is, QC people already can't figure out why they can get all their stations OTA except for WHBF. Of course, WHBF is their only remaining station that broadcasts on a VHF frequency.
post #2303 of 2306 Old Today, 11:22 AM

Quote:
The biggest shame is the likely shut-down of WHOI-TV within the next couple of years. If this happens, we will loose our second-oldest tv station, and we will loose our current capacity sub channels. The market does deserve better. But I'm not so sure there will be enough room in the spectrum to run all 6 Peoria stations after the re-pack. They can't interfere with the frequencies of the QC or State Capitol stations. And if one of the stations chooses to go VHF, it would probably be broadcasting to next to nobody. As it is, QC people already can't figure out why they can get all their stations OTA except for WHBF. Of course, WHBF is their only remaining station that broadcasts on a VHF frequency.

We are already going to lose. This weekend marks 60 days since they turned on WHOI and the CW as subchannels of WEEK. I'm waiting to see when exactly Comet TV moves from 19-3 to 19-1, and the 19-2 HD CW national feed goes away. I'm still surprised nobody else seems to be complaining about that.
post #2304 of 2306 Old Today, 12:25 PM

Quote:
We are already going to lose. This weekend marks 60 days since they turned on WHOI and the CW as subchannels of WEEK. I'm waiting to see when exactly Comet TV moves from 19-3 to 19-1, and the 19-2 HD CW national feed goes away. I'm still surprised nobody else seems to be complaining about that.
I know, it's a dirty rotten shame all around. I can't really see WHOI-TV while over here in Galesburg as it is was pulled from carried on cable a couple years back, doesn't appear on satellite services, and I have no access to a good enough antenna. But the end of the simulcast period is fast-approaching and I have a sneaking suspicion Comet will cut to 19-1 by Monday. And there's no way WHOI will be able to make money on Comet alone. Those networks are exclusively designed to be subchannels and therefore I don't even thank they're set up to deliver anything in HD. WHOI is sure to fall in the near future. I really do wish Sinclair would have invested in them, though I'm not entirely surprised they didn't. Sinclair has the money, but they're not known for spending their money if they don't have to. Most of their money has historically gone toward acquisitions.

And I did forget all about the CW 19-2 being in HD. It wasn't that long ago that WHOI spent money on that nice upgrade. The CW HD feed will remain on Cable and Satellite networks and perhaps that is the reason why nobody seems to be complaining. Though, to be honest, I can live without cable. It is certainly a quick step backward for the Peoria area. Network tv would have eventually made a comeback if only the dumped-down public could have been re-educated on what an antenna is. And progress was being made. It was all being pushed. But now the government has to be giving more frequency space to wireless communications, some, of which, I don't think will probably not be used.

I don't agree with how cable and wireless services do things. I have a cell phone and internet, but I certainly don't need cable. First off, I'm not overly cracy about the idea of paying a subscription to watch paid programming, and spending 3 hours to watch a 2-hour movie that is edited down in order to pack in more commercials, when I can watch free tv over the air, with sometimes even less commercials.

The ATSC standard agreement should have been the same as the 1977 NTSC standard agreement. Each TV was capable of pulling in a cable signal. This was especially nice in a public place where you could turn each television to the channel you were wanting to watch. Now, cable subscribers have to pay for decoder boxes on each television. And in a public place, you have something like 3 or 4 decoder boxes hooked to a series of televisions through a matrix system. So if you're upstairs and there's nothing on the 3 or 4 channels that are available, you have to go down or call somebody to change the channel on one of the boxes.

It used to be that somebody could set the timer on their VCR, which was also able to decode cable signals. This process was perfected by the advent of VCR+. Now, not only do you have to pay monthly for the equipment that records their shows, but you also have to pay for the service. It is such a rip-off. But the way of the future is not always the way we like.
post #2305 of 2306 Old Today, 12:50 PM

Quote:
And I did forget all about the CW 19-2 being in HD. It wasn't that long ago that WHOI spent money on that nice upgrade. The CW HD feed will remain on Cable and Satellite networks and perhaps that is the reason why nobody seems to be complaining.

Figures... I couldn't get the folks at WEEK to tell me that; you end up going into their engineer's voicemail. I really enjoy watching the CW's national feed. Although it has 80% of its programs available elsewhere, their scheduling makes more sense than regular affiliate stations. Watching it on 25-3, however, it looks atrocious. They can't even minimize the blocking in SD... They should've looked to WCIA for their encoder (which handles TWO 1080i channels and two SD subs, all pulled off quite smoothly)...
post #2306 of 2306 Unread Today, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Some cable companies may have a CW HD feed but not Mediacom. They made the switch earlier this week and we are getting WEEK 25.3 in wonderful 4:3 480i (even though it's on the HD Tier). I can hardly wait to watch the season premiere of The Flash next week, it'll look great. I may try the CW channel for Roku instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception