Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
post #3331 of 3349 Unread 10-30-2014, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tivo Streaming on Android

On another subject, is anyone else having trouble getting ABB Tivo streaming on their Android phone? I've tried several times, including removing and re-installing the Tivo app on my phone, but I still can't stream either live TV shows or my recorded shows. I can find my account, sign in, and see my recorded shows listed, but when I click on one (or choose a current broadcast), it tells me I have to set up streaming. When I try to do so, it says it is "checking software version", and then tells me it is "not able to set up Tivo Stream" and "please try again". I'm curious, has anyone successfully gotten Tivo streaming to work on their Andriod phone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 3349 Unread 11-22-2014, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
WJAC adds American Sports Network

Just to let everybody know, it appears that Sinclair has decided to replace some MeTV programming with programming from their own network called "American Sports Net".

It appears from listings that it will mostly just be replacing the Westerns that air on the weekend.

I almost thought at first they completely got rid of MeTV.

I still can't find any news from WJAC, this change was going to occur. I mean I found some things after Googling but WJAC never seemed to announce it.
post #3333 of 3349 Unread 11-23-2014, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPenguin2 View Post
Just to let everybody know, it appears that Sinclair has decided to replace some MeTV programming with programming from their own network called "American Sports Net".

It appears from listings that it will mostly just be replacing the Westerns that air on the weekend.

I almost thought at first they completely got rid of MeTV.

I still can't find any news from WJAC, this change was going to occur. I mean I found some things after Googling but WJAC never seemed to announce it.
There will be sports on 6.3 as well once GRIT comes on. I dont mind sports, but this stuff isnt worth watching.
Nokorola likes this.
post #3334 of 3349 Unread 11-23-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum1976 View Post
There will be sports on 6.3 as well once GRIT comes on. I dont mind sports, but this stuff isnt worth watching.
I wonder if ABB will decide to carry GRIT or not.
post #3335 of 3349 Unread 11-24-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I wonder if ABB will decide to carry GRIT or not.
I think they will, but who knows for sure. I cant figure out why they carry WPSU 3.3 world, but not 3.2 create.........I guarantee the only reason we are getting GRIT is for more sports programming. I cant see MeTV being too happy with their saturday schedule blacked out for some really bad football games.
post #3336 of 3349 Unread 11-27-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I think they will, but who knows for sure. I cant figure out why they carry WPSU 3.3 world, but not 3.2 create.........I guarantee the only reason we are getting GRIT is for more sports programming. I cant see MeTV being too happy with their saturday schedule blacked out for some really bad football games.
They actually did carry 3.2 Create right after they dumped WPIX, than randomly changed it to 3.3 World.

Something obviously possessed them to not care about carrying both.
post #3337 of 3349 Unread 01-02-2015, 12:07 AM

Some folks probably already know, but I did an ATSC/OTA scan today and WJAC's GRIT TV is up. I don't see any proof of it on ABB, but they oddly did kill analog Ch 63 Disney XD making it's digital simulcast channel 109 and no longer accessible via Value package.

Hallmark Movies and Mysteries replaced BBC America on physical channel 117 and Ch 63 is a digital channel now with RFD TV on it.

Not sure why they would kill an analog for a single SD, when they could put HDs in.....

Also physical channel 112 is dead with nothing on it and for some reason even though they claimed dropping KDKA on Ch 2 will allow 12 channels in it's place, it's still also dead.

Also, does anybody use an HDHomeRun PRIME or other CableCard device?

For some reason SpikeTV HD, CMT HD, MTV HD, & Nick HD keep erroring out at times, resulting in screwed up recordings.

Over the life of my PRIME, 3 techs said I have excellent cable signal and I checked my everything else and still problems and same with my buddy.
post #3338 of 3349 Unread 01-12-2015, 05:24 PM

WWCP Antenna TV

Just to give folks a heads up, I was talking to WWCP, noticing they don't have a subchannel like WATM has ThisTV.

They actually told me it's in the works for for Apr 1, 2015, that they will get Antenna TV (http://antennatv.tv) and hopefully ABB will cover it, as I'm in an area that can't pick up WWCP's signal.

I think ABB probably will have to carry it, as I think they are required to carry the main signal and a single subchannel.

Last edited by RedPenguin2; 01-12-2015 at 05:29 PM.
post #3339 of 3349 Unread 01-14-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Just to give folks a heads up, I was talking to WWCP, noticing they don't have a subchannel like WATM has ThisTV.

They actually told me it's in the works for for Apr 1, 2015, that they will get Antenna TV (http://antennatv.tv) and hopefully ABB will cover it, as I'm in an area that can't pick up WWCP's signal.

I think ABB probably will have to carry it, as I think they are required to carry the main signal and a single subchannel.
Good I figured they would add Antenna TV, but its too bad it cant be on 23.4

I think Antenna TV wants cable distribution when signing on a new affiliate so I would say yes it will be on. I am going to try to pick it up OTA just incase they add another channel on 8.4

Good Job WWCP!
Nokorola likes this.
post #3340 of 3349 Unread 01-14-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Good I figured they would add Antenna TV, but its too bad it cant be on 23.4

I think Antenna TV wants cable distribution when signing on a new affiliate so I would say yes it will be on. I am going to try to pick it up OTA just incase they add another channel on 8.4

Good Job WWCP!
I just wish we could be like some cities and also have RTV, so we have virtually a complete set, but oh well.
Nokorola likes this.
post #3341 of 3349 Unread 01-14-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I just wish we could be like some cities and also have RTV, so we have virtually a complete set, but oh well.
We are slowly moving in the right direction. RTV would be a good choice for WHVL.
Nokorola likes this.
post #3342 of 3349 Unread 01-14-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
We are slowly moving in the right direction. RTV would be a good choice for WHVL.
Would be nice but ABB doesn't even carry their current subchannel
Nokorola likes this.
post #3343 of 3349 Unread 01-15-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Would be nice but ABB doesn't even carry their current subchannel
They need to dump Yootoo America its a waste of bandwidth. If they want their .2 on ABB there are many good channels available...Movies!, GetTV, RTV, Escape, Bounce, etc. I think WWCP can put a .4 on since the main feed is 720....lets hope they do!
post #3344 of 3349 Unread 01-15-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
They need to dump Yootoo America its a waste of bandwidth. If they want their .2 on ABB there are many good channels available...Movies!, GetTV, RTV, Escape, Bounce, etc. I think WWCP can put a .4 on since the main feed is 720....lets hope they do!
Yea, bummer YouToo exists They actually had decent programming in their previous iterations as a classic TV network. They somehow had The Bob Newhart Show Season 5 & 6, even MeTV and Hulu doesn't have them.

Be curious to see what WWCP would add at .4 if they did

EDIT: I might be wrong about Me-TV not having 5 & 6, they seem to have them now but I could swear at first, they would finish 4 and go back to 1.

Last edited by RedPenguin2; 01-15-2015 at 07:36 PM.
post #3345 of 3349 Unread 01-18-2015, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So pardon my ignorance, but as of December-ish MeTV became a wide-screen channel, and GritTV was one also when t launched. These channels are 640x360 or ???x480 or something like that right?

Also, after years of defending AmericaOne, it's conversion or combining or whatever with YouToo has ruined it for the most part, so I agree that it needs dumped, and I would hope it would get the other strong sub-channel AntennaTV, but it looks like I'm forever destined not to receive it OTA. Maybe they can do a simulcast of WPCW on 29.2, if they could do that in a mutually beneficial way where WPCW helps with the cost to increase its viewing area. In my mind (maybe only mine) ion is still an option as well.

Who knows, maybe the unlikely will happen and WATM will add AntennaTV as 23.4...

How can I be sure in a world that's constantly changing?
post #3346 of 3349 Unread 01-21-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokorola View Post
So pardon my ignorance, but as of December-ish MeTV became a wide-screen channel, and GritTV was one also when t launched. These channels are 640x360 or ???x480 or something like that right?

Also, after years of defending AmericaOne, it's conversion or combining or whatever with YouToo has ruined it for the most part, so I agree that it needs dumped, and I would hope it would get the other strong sub-channel AntennaTV, but it looks like I'm forever destined not to receive it OTA. Maybe they can do a simulcast of WPCW on 29.2, if they could do that in a mutually beneficial way where WPCW helps with the cost to increase its viewing area. In my mind (maybe only mine) ion is still an option as well.

Who knows, maybe the unlikely will happen and WATM will add AntennaTV as 23.4...
I noticed the change as well. I think the picture on Me and Grit is really good.

WHVL could be a CW plus affiliate. The channel covers the St. College/Altoona area which has no CW programming OTA.

The good news is Antenna TV will be on 23.4 NOT 8.3. Here is the message I got from WWCP:

"Thank you for your interest in our upcoming affiliation with Antenna TV. Just so you know, we will be running our Antenna TV station on 23.4, not on 8.3. We should begin testing early February with a full release sometime after. We do not currently have any plans for more channels at this time."
post #3347 of 3349 Unread 01-21-2015, 02:39 PM

Nice

Quote:
I noticed the change as well. I think the picture on Me and Grit is really good.

WHVL could be a CW plus affiliate. The channel covers the St. College/Altoona area which has no CW programming OTA.

The good news is Antenna TV will be on 23.4 NOT 8.3. Here is the message I got from WWCP:

"Thank you for your interest in our upcoming affiliation with Antenna TV. Just so you know, we will be running our Antenna TV station on 23.4, not on 8.3. We should begin testing early February with a full release sometime after. We do not currently have any plans for more channels at this time."
Wow, you sure got more information out of your email than I did.

The way my response was worded, I was beleiving that it was going to be on WWCP's transmitter not WATM. My only question is how is WATM going to do a 23.4? Wikipedia claims WATM/WWCP are 720p on it, yet I thought that adds up to 1080 only allowing really 1 other subchannel?

It makes you wonder if they will ever put anything else on WWCP's transmitter then as they would have had room.

I noticed some TV websites were also assuming it was going to be 8.3.

Last edited by RedPenguin2; 01-21-2015 at 03:00 PM.
post #3348 of 3349 Unread Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Darn, I just found out about a really cool diginet unlike any other I've seen so far.

Too bad WHVL can't drop YooToo for The Justice Network (http://www.justicenetworktv.com) and apply to be on ABB, or WWCP add it to their transmitter.

It has all the good true crime shows you just don't see any TV anymore now that everybody went to reality.....
post #3349 of 3349 Unread Today, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I was hoping that this theory would be correct, but oddly even though GRIT probably would be a better place to cut the programming up, it appears they are blacking out MeTV for it

Though they probably would use the excuse that GRIT isn't carried on ABB so they have to use Me-TV but even though it's not blacking out any of the shows I like, I'm worried they may one day do so.

They don't even seem to delay programming, so if they block out Get Smart Episode 215, they don't re-air that next weekend, you are just screwed. Many folks I know like Carol Burnett & Friends so if they bypass an episode, going to be ages for a repeat being 147 episodes.....

I never had issues with Sinclair but come on this is silly....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception