Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1732 Old 08-29-2006, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhark View Post

That being said, when there are no storms, I can get every digital feed in the market. The only exception is ABC 40 out of Sarasota, which still isn't broadcasting at full power and is furhter away than Riverview. While it's raining as I write this, my signal for WFLA 8 and WTSP 10 cuts in and out, and my WMOR 32 signal isn't coming in.

Even though WTSP's signal is much closer, it is most weather sensitive (followed by WFLA). This is more because the antenna isn't pointed in that direction.

As you may or may not be aware, the Square Shooter is very sensitive as you rotate it around its axis. It can be very effective in getting rid of multipath that way (something you probably don't have to worry about). You might try experimenting with the rotation of it as you should have no trouble with Channel 10 at any time as you can easily see it's strobes from your place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1732 Old 08-30-2006, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhark View Post

I'm in Plam Harbor just west of US 19, north of Nebraska. I've got a Square Shooter pointed towards Riverview, about 12' off the ground and pointed through a neighbor's tree. I've got the signal split to two receivers, and RCA DTC 210 and the Samsung 360. I've got an external pre-amp before the split, and amps on both lines before they go into the receiver.

That being said, when there are no storms, I can get every digital feed in the market. The only exception is ABC 40 out of Sarasota, which still isn't broadcasting at full power and is furhter away than Riverview. While it's raining as I write this, my signal for WFLA 8 and WTSP 10 cuts in and out, and my WMOR 32 signal isn't coming in.

Even though WTSP's signal is much closer, it is most weather sensitive (followed by WFLA). This is more because the antenna isn't pointed in that direction.

As for the installer, they will generally try to do whatever installation is easiest for them, even if its not best for you. They get paid a flat fee per job, whether they are there 10 minutes or 3 hours. Although its also my understanding OTA antennas are extra for the equipment and installation.

Great to hear you're near me and can get all the feeds! I'm just south of Nebraska, so I should be fine. I just ordered a Channel Master 4228 that I plan on installing in my attic (hopefully, wife doesn't want it on the roof) so I hope that works out.

As for the installer, I agree. He said he'd do it, but that basically the antennas they had left in stock were junk because they were attempting to get rid of them before the H20 is released. My wife said it looked sorta like a bowtie shaped grill grate.
post #723 of 1732 Old 08-31-2006, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarge View Post

Great to hear you're near me and can get all the feeds! I'm just south of Nebraska, so I should be fine. I just ordered a Channel Master 4228 that I plan on installing in my attic (hopefully, wife doesn't want it on the roof) so I hope that works out.

As for the installer, I agree. He said he'd do it, but that basically the antennas they had left in stock were junk because they were attempting to get rid of them before the H20 is released. My wife said it looked sorta like a bowtie shaped grill grate.

You do realize that the CM 4228 is a UHF antenna, not a specifically a VHF antenna and 8, 13 and 10 (Well, 10 will be once they move back in 2009) are VHF?

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/comparing.html

Look at the deep notch on the CM 4228 for Channel 8 at the bottom of the page. Also remember that 8 is really on 7 right now but will move back to 8 in Feb 2009.
post #724 of 1732 Old 08-31-2006, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member

Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

I heard that we won't be getting this game on 28, but instead we will get to see the USF game. They are going to move the national game to 32 or something.
post #725 of 1732 Old 08-31-2006, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVFanAtic View Post

You do realize that the CM 4228 is a UHF antenna, not a specifically a VHF antenna and 8, 13 and 10 (Well, 10 will be once they move back in 2009) are VHF?

Yeah I noticed that two of the network channels I need are VHF. I'm just hoping for the best. I'll install it and test it out. If it doesn't work I'll probably just return it and wait until D* releases the HR20 and hope they add dual buffers.
post #726 of 1732 Old 09-01-2006, 11:23 PM

lol....Channel 8 is running a promo all weekend something like "Directv promised to upgrade to HDTV - but it's been nothing but problems - Now problem Solver Stacie Schaible takes on the Satellite Company...."

Too funny.

Have they bothered to look at the problems in their own building before throwing rocks?

Looks like an attempt to shift blame.
post #727 of 1732 Old 09-02-2006, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Since they are putting the Norte Dame game on 32, does that mean I won't be able to see it in HD?
post #728 of 1732 Old 09-02-2006, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn12341234 View Post

Since they are putting the Norte Dame game on 32, does that mean I won't be able to see it in HD?

I don't know about 32, but if you can get 40 from Sarasota, they're showing the Notre Dame game in HD.

Ron
post #729 of 1732 Old 09-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I don't know about 32, but if you can get 40 from Sarasota, they're showing the Notre Dame game in HD.

antennaweb says it is 25 miles from me...anyone had luck getting it from valrico? any antenna suggestions?
post #730 of 1732 Old 09-02-2006, 01:31 PM

Quote:

antennaweb says it is 25 miles from me...anyone had luck getting it from valrico? any antenna suggestions?

I just got a Channel Master 4228 antenna but haven't installed it yet. It's still sitting in the (huge) box in my foyer.
post #731 of 1732 Old 09-02-2006, 02:36 PM

lol...as I have stated, Channel 40 is lucky to come in 5 miles south of the antenna in Sarasota and it is directional with a null towards the north. They were forced to do this to keep their ABC affiliation.

No one in Hillsborough or Pinellas will be picking this up.

And as I stated, with the TV stations in the market, you need to make sure you have backup plans - I learned this about ABC28 and USF Football in 2004. Last year they only did USF on analog, but it looks like its back on the HD feed this year.

Oh well....there are always alternatives..

post #732 of 1732 Old 09-03-2006, 10:59 AM

Quick update. I installed the CM4228 in my attic and I'm getting signals between 80-95 on all the channels that antennaweb listed and they're looking great! I get all the major networks plus a bunch of junk channels I could care less about. One question, one of the channels listed (I forget which one) reads as "Weather Radar" in the D* guide, but it doesn't show any radar. I was hoping for a continuous feed of local doppler, but no such luck.
post #733 of 1732 Old 09-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

lol...as I have stated, Channel 40 is lucky to come in 5 miles south of the antenna in Sarasota and it is directional with a null towards the north. They were forced to do this to keep their ABC affiliation.

Let me try and get this straight:

Channel 40 (the ABC afilliate station for the Sarasota area) is "forced" to transmit in such a way that people located north of Sarasota, say in the Channel 28 viewing area, can NOT receive Channel 40's broadcasts? Okay, I guess that I can understand the reasoning for such a move... It doesn't make any sense at all, but I can see how Channel 28 might get all twisted up if "their" viewers opted to watch the Channel 40 broadcast. Heaven forbid that people watch what they want to watch!

But, I must admit that I completely and utterly fail to understand why Channel 40 is "forced" to transmit so that people like me, located in the heart of Sarasota, can NOT receive their transmissions... Interestingly enough, I can receive the Channel 28 transmissions OTA. Shouldn't Channel 28 be "forced to reduce power so that I can't receive their signals also? For that matter {heavy sarcasm} why not block everything that I can receive? Three cheers for the FCC...

Maybe someone can explain the logic behind limiting the local affiliate's signal strength so much that people in THAT geographical area are unable to receive it.

Or, more than likely, no one can explain the LOGIC since it is (as Spock would say) totally illogical?

Oh yeah. I watched the game on Channel 32.
post #734 of 1732 Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechoFobe View Post

i watched for a bit and could not believe how bad the PQ was. No HD...it looked like it was the ESPN Gameplan feed. why put a division 2 game that was not in HD on 28 and move the HD game to a SD channel.
post #735 of 1732 Old 09-04-2006, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Let me try and get this straight:

Channel 40 (the ABC afilliate station for the Sarasota area) is "forced" to transmit in such a way that people located north of Sarasota, say in the Channel 28 viewing area, can NOT receive Channel 40's broadcasts? Okay, I guess that I can understand the reasoning for such a move... It doesn't make any sense at all, but I can see how Channel 28 might get all twisted up if "their" viewers opted to watch the Channel 40 broadcast. Heaven forbid that people watch what they want to watch!

But, I must admit that I completely and utterly fail to understand why Channel 40 is "forced" to transmit so that people like me, located in the heart of Sarasota, can NOT receive their transmissions... Interestingly enough, I can receive the Channel 28 transmissions OTA. Shouldn't Channel 28 be "forced to reduce power so that I can't receive their signals also? For that matter {heavy sarcasm} why not block everything that I can receive? Three cheers for the FCC...

Maybe someone can explain the logic behind limiting the local affiliate's signal strength so much that people in THAT geographical area are unable to receive it.

Or, more than likely, no one can explain the LOGIC since it is (as Spock would say) totally illogical?

Well, backup a second.

First, remember that Networks only have 1 affiliate in any given television market - also remember that Tampa-Sarasota-Lakeland is 1 Television market.

Channel 10 was the ABC affiliate until the mid 90s. As there is a Channel 10 in Miami, Channel 10 was shortspaced and could not move the transmitter to Riverview - thats why they are up in New Port Richey.

Because of this, people in Sarasota had problems picking up ABC. ABC made an affiliateion deal with Channel 40 so that people in Sarasota could get ABC (Remember we are talking back 25-30 years - long before heavy cable penetration as well). As Channel 10 could not get a signal down there covering the 2 Counties, it was really a mute point.

However, that all changed in the mid 90s when everyone except channel 8 changed network affiliations. Fox picked up NFL football and dropped CBS on Channel 13 - so CBS was in play. Channel 10 said they were happy and did not want to change affiliates - however, 28 had its Parent Company sign an agreement with ABC for affiliation for ALL its stations so 28 ended up with ABC and Channel 10 had squat. Of course, they ended up signing with CBS, but it was literally no other choice. In retrospect considering all, they made out probably the best of anyone.

That said, Channel 28 did not have the problem with Sarasota-Bradenton so that has always been a sticky situation since that re-alignment. Again, in literally no other Television Market do you have 2 different stations with the same Network.

When ATSC came about (I am told this and believe this - I have not researched it though) ABC, 40 and 28 had an agreement that Channel 40 would apply for their DTV signal to be directional South so that they would not get into Tampa/St. Pete. This is different than the non-directional signal they use now for analog.

If they chose not to do that (which was their right) ABC was going to pull the network affiliation - which quite frankly - many cannot believe wasn't done anyway as 28 covers the entire area.

So, this was 40s decision.

Now - the reason you cannot pick them up in Sarasota now has NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. It's that they are cheap and aren't on high power - again - totally their decision.

Odds are that in the future that if Channel 40 wanted to change to a non-directional signal and drop ABC, they could do that. However, as they will pay Tampa DMA prices for syndication and other programming as they are a part of this market and no other network is available to them, there is not a lot of financial benefit to that.

And, the FCC had no part forcing any of this - in fact, you could argue they played a role in keeping 40 an ABC affiliate, because if ABC and Scripps Howard weren't a little worried about it, they would have most likely dropped ABC from 40 - probably turning it into an infomercial station or maybe even religous broadcasting.

Totally confused now?
post #736 of 1732 Old 09-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well, backup a second.

Now - the reason you cannot pick them up in Sarasota now has NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. It's that they are cheap and aren't on high power - again - totally their decision.

And, the FCC had no part forcing any of this - in fact, you could argue they played a role in keeping 40 an ABC affiliate, because if ABC and Scripps Howard weren't a little worried about it, they would have most likely dropped ABC from 40 - probably turning it into an infomercial station or maybe even religous broadcasting.

Totally confused now?

Yep!

It sounds like you basically boiled it down to the reason for not being able to receive Channel 40's HD signal is because Channel 40 is transmitting at reduced power because they are too cheap to transmit at full power?

As the Church Lady would say: "Well, isn't that special..."

I foolishly believed that the FCC was responsible for managing this stuff. Didn't they put a deadline into effect for requiring all stations to broadcast at full power? And if not, why not?

It's one thing to limit expenses by reducing power... But, when the power is reduced so much that the signal is so weak it can't be received in the middle of the area is it licensed to cover is absurd. It just doesn't make ANY sense to choose to transmit in HD if you then reduce the power of the transmission so much that the majority of your customers can't receive the HD transmissions... But, it probably hinges on the fact that Channel 40 simply doesn't care about people receiving their broadcasts OTA --- but rather --- being able to provide Comcast with the HD feed?

So, unless I am missing something here, it DOES seem to me that the FCC is (once again) dropping the proverbial football. And, if market pressure isn't sufficient to impel Channel 40 to transmit at adequate strength --- then the FCC should step up to the plate (mixed metaphors).

Of course, in the bigger scheme of things, this whole thing really doesn't amount to a big hill of beans... It's just typical of the way this entire area is lagging behind the other DMAs?
post #737 of 1732 Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But, it probably hinges on the fact that Channel 40 simply doesn't care about people receiving their broadcasts OTA --- but rather --- being able to provide Comcast with the HD feed?

You are definitely correct in your assessment. They run fiber between their studios to Comcast for SD and HD, and that's the only customer base they really cater to.

Very sad.

Ron
post #738 of 1732 Old 09-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Tobin View Post

You are definitely correct in your assessment. They run fiber between their studios to Comcast for SD and HD, and that's the only customer base they really cater to.

Very sad.

I agree Ron. Sad indeed... But, I wonder how many "normal" people even care? Is the customer base of people receiving Channel 40's HD transmissions OTA so small that it is negligible?

Can one use a QAM capable receiver and access the HD feed from Channel 40 via Comcast's non-digital cable? I seem to remember reading that cable companies are required to provide the network HD feeds unencrypted? Maybe worth consideration. Although, honestly, Channel 40 rarely provides any programming that I would care to watch --- other than the rare case like the Notre Dame football game. Their local news team coverage is good for a laugh though...

Hmmm, is the quality of Channel 40's signal much greater when accessed via Comcast (QAM) as compared to watching Channel 28 via D*'s crappy Mpeg4 transmission or the poor OTA reception I get (my antenna is partially blocked by trees)?
post #739 of 1732 Old 09-05-2006, 04:09 PM

Again, I set up to capture Saving Private Ryan in 2004 from Channel 40 at a transmitter site about 3-5 miles south of 40 and could not pick it up with any antenna except the Radio Shack Antenna I rave about.

Again - 3-5 south of the tower - no go.

Yes, the FCC did give a deadline for getting up to power. However, they grant extensions.

Look at it this way - if the FCC said no and Channel 40 did not want to upgrade (instead of waiting for WTSP's current DTV stuff in 2009 as it appears will happen), then the FCC could pull the license (and then you loose Sarasota's only local Newscast) or they sell it and and ABC pulls the network (not grandfathered) and we all know that non-network affiliates will not invest in news operations around here - get the drift?

Hello HSN-2 or PTL or Yo Hablo Espanol.
post #740 of 1732 Old 09-05-2006, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can one use a QAM capable receiver and access the HD feed from Channel 40 via Comcast's non-digital cable? I seem to remember reading that cable companies are required to provide the network HD feeds unencrypted?

I once had the MyHD MDP-130 (just sold it about 2 weeks ago), and it being a QAM capable tuner card, was able to pull in all the unencrypted stations from Comcast. Digital broadcasts of 3, 8, 10, 13, 38 and 40. Of course, all the other HD Comcast carries is encrypted.

Ron
post #741 of 1732 Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Tobin View Post

I once had the MyHD MDP-130 (just sold it about 2 weeks ago), and it being a QAM capable tuner card, was able to pull in all the unencrypted stations from Comcast. Digital broadcasts of 3, 8, 10, 13, 38 and 40. Of course, all the other HD Comcast carries is encrypted.

Ron, Time to get QAM I guess... Is the Comcast HD very good?

Losing Channel 40 news wouldn't be much of a loss IMO... Their news personalities are terrible. {gag} Gee, 2009?
post #742 of 1732 Old 09-06-2006, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ron, Time to get QAM I guess... Is the Comcast HD very good?

Losing Channel 40 news wouldn't be much of a loss IMO... Their news personalities are terrible. {gag} Gee, 2009?

I don't subscribe to their HD and only viewed it via the QAM tuner card, which I've since sold. Comcast HD is not "bad" but I prefer my OTA/satellite solution for local channels. In general, I really am sour on Comcast due to their horrible delivery of SD channels, so therefore only have a minimal cable subscription.

Channel 40, IMO, falls in the same category as SNN 6, if you know what I mean.

Ron
post #743 of 1732 Old 09-06-2006, 12:07 PM

I just wish Nextcom could get their units working with S/A STBs.
post #744 of 1732 Old 09-07-2006, 08:30 PM

Just wondering if anyone is over in the Polk County area? I'm in Lake Wales, 33853, and was wondering what type of antenna folks are using. I'm just getting started and need some assistance. Thanks in advance.

Antennaweb results:

* yellow - uhf WFTS-DT 28.1 ABC TAMP FL 269° 43.1 29
* yellow - uhf WTOG-DT 44.1 UPN ST. PE FL 269° 43.1 59
* yellow - uhf WEDU-DT 3.1 PBS TAMP FL 269° 43.1 54
* yellow - uhf WMOR-DT 32.1 IND LAKE FL 266° 43.1 19
* yellow - uhf WOPX-DT 56.1 i MELB FL 68° 29.7 48
* green - uhf WXPX-DT 66.1 i BRAD FL 266° 43.1 42
* lt green - uhf WTTA-DT 38.1 MNT ST. PE FL 269° 43.1 57
* lt green - uhf WUSF-DT 16.1 PBS TAMP FL 269° 43.1 34
* lt green - vhf WESH-DT 2.1 NBC DAYT FL 36° 57.5 11
* red - uhf WKMG-DT 6.1 CBS ORLA FL 36° 57.5 58
* red - uhf WKCF-DT 18.1 WB CLER FL 36° 55.4 17
* red - uhf WFTV-DT 9.1 ABC ORLA FL 38° 55.3 39
* red - uhf WLCB-DT 46 FMN LEES FL 36° 55.4 46
* red - uhf WRBW-DT 65.1 MNT ORLA FL 36° 57.5 41
* red - vhf WFLA-DT 8.1 NBC TAMP FL 269° 43.1 7
* red - uhf WFTT-DT 50.1 TFA TAMP FL 269° 43.1 47
* red - vhf WTVT-DT 13.1 FOX TAMP FL 266° 41.9 12
* blue - uhf WRDQ-DT 14.0 IND ORLA FL 38° 55.3 14
* blue - uhf WCEU-DT 15.1 PBS NEW S FL 35° 56.8 33
* blue - uhf WBCC-DT 68.1 PBS COCO FL 36° 57.5 30
* violet - uhf WTGL-DT 53 FMN COCO FL TBD 36° 55.4 53
* violet - uhf WOFL-DT 35.1 FOX ORLA FL 35° 56.3 22
* violet - uhf WMFE-DT 24.1 PBS ORLA FL 34° 56.0 23
* violet - uhf WCLF-DT 22.1 CTN CLEA FL 266° 43.1 21
post #745 of 1732 Old 09-07-2006, 11:53 PM

I'd get the best antenna you could find and point it towards Orlando and forget Tampa HD which gets worse every month.
post #746 of 1732 Old 09-08-2006, 09:48 AM

[quote=hickoryboyz]Just wondering if anyone is over in the Polk County area? I'm in Lake Wales, 33853, and was wondering what type of antenna folks are using. I'm just getting started and need some assistance. Thanks in advance.

I am in Winter Haven, just north of you, near the new Walmart. Try http://www.starkelectronic.com/allomni.htm I bought the MIni-state 5MS9000 IR from Stark. It uses a remote to turn antenna. In my location I can aim it (it is one of those round white antenna) towrd Tampa and pull in Orlando off back side. I have very little trouble pulling in Tampa ABC 28, NBC 8, and Fox 13 all in HD I can not get CBS 10 as they use channel 24 and there is a PBS 24 in Orlando. And CBS antenna is way over on coast , rest of Tampa is near Riverside. I also get UPN and WB(now CW) from Tampa and PBS3 and WUSF all in HD or digital.

From Orlando I pull in all networks ABC9, CBS6, FOX35, PBS, I have some problems with NBC 2 Daytona. I also get the UPN and WB from Orlando. All are HD or digital, I no longer watch any analog tv. My tv is a SONY BRavia 32 inch. with built in ATSC and NTSC tuners
post #747 of 1732 Old 09-08-2006, 10:21 AM

Anyone has had both services and care to share some comparison / feedback?

I am currently on Brighthouse but am considering to switch. Here's what I know:

HD channels difference - Brighthouse has the 2 INHD channels and Fios does not. But Fios has ESPN2HD, National Geo HD, MTV HD, and few others

Media center DVR - Brighthouse only has standalone units, Fios has multi-room systems. However, only the Fios media center DVR can view HD content, not other rooms.

On Demand channels and BayNews9 - Brighthouse has them and Fios does not.

I am not sure about the quality of the channels (SD and HD) and hope someone can comment.

Thanks,
Lesmiz
post #748 of 1732 Old 09-08-2006, 01:27 PM

Fios kicks BHN butt currently for offerings, quality and price in HD and SD. BHN is rate shaping signals - especially locals in HD so they look worse than OTA.

Who needs On Demand with a DVR.

As for Baynews 9, if its a big story, the 4 networks will break in anyway. Considering they are just on a big loop (especially overnight and weekends), very little gets updated if breaking news anyway. Just DVR the Newscasts from a local station if that is what is important to you for viewing when you choose.
post #749 of 1732 Old 09-09-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:

lol....Channel 8 is running a promo all weekend something like "Directv promised to upgrade to HDTV - but it's been nothing but problems - Now problem Solver Stacie Schaible takes on the Satellite Company...."

Too funny.

Have they bothered to look at the problems in their own building before throwing rocks?

Looks like an attempt to shift blame.

I recently switched to Directv and meant to watch the Problem Solver report. Did anyone see it and what spin was WFLA spewing?

Their broadcast of Thursday night's NFL game was a piece of crap. The signal kept flickering as if another video layer was being applied to the signal. I confirmed with others at my work that they saw the same thing on cable, so it obviously was not a Directv issue.

By the way, I called WFLA during the game and they said "they were not aware of any problems with their HD feed." The person also said "the picture looked good to him." I guess if you are used to looking at crap, then you don't know any better.

Are others having similar issues with WFLA (quasi- HD) football broadcasts?
post #750 of 1732 Old 09-09-2006, 01:35 PM

Last weenend I hooked up my father in law's Panasonic 37 inch Plasma to the different sources and reciever. 37 inches seems like an odd size, but someone must have thought this one out as it neatly fits where people have had old 4 x 3 36 inch crt tvs before. His Mits finally gave out after a dozen years and it finally gave him a reason to ugrade.

The non DVR box is a Scientific Atlanta box. It has a DVI output along with component and sound. Buying the TV these days is an experience as CC only wants to sell you a 130 buck Monster cable and a 200 buck Monster surge protector. Did they ever think that people will wonder why they should buy an HDMI cable which costs more than the new DVD player with upgraded pixel output?

Walmart provided us with some 30 buck HDMI to HDMI and DVI to HDMI cables. When I first hooked up the DVI to HDMI from the box to the Plasma I saw the dreaded "clay face" on the screen. It took a few minutes for it to disapear and never be sen again. Some pople here have said that HDMI channel switching takes too long compared to component. I found this not to be true with the new box.

Everything worked fine and the family is happy that I have everything hooked up and programmed neatly. You can pay a few hundred dollars for this service from dealers now.

I must say that the SA box in Sarasota is so much better then my Motorola DVR box in certain ways. The Moto box is easier to check scaling output if you know how to access the menu with the power off. The video on demand feature works light years ahead of Broward county Comcast. His box can instantly access VOD and play what ever you want easily. My system has nothing but error messages when you try to use VOD. It also locks up and then reboots itself. Calling Comcast is a crap shoot as they try to fix the box over the phone line. Even calling service is a gamble as one rep insisted I can get a non DVR HD box and then gave me the same model I have now as the unit to be used.

In all I can say that for the majority of people like my inlaws, Comcast in Sarasota has a nice picture. SD pictures were very clear on the Panasonic plasma while HD was excellent. You were more or less limited by the quality of the HD broadcast it seems. The SA box uses the same remote as my Motorola box, but it worked better.

PKinSFLA
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page