Tampa, FL - HDTV - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1771 of 1775 Old Today, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I can use the attic, but cant install an outside antenna due to HOA rules. TVFool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e03614870664f (sorry for some reason the link function didn't work)

I have also attached a report from Antennaweb.

I could try and mount an outdoor directional antenna in the attic but that would involve a lot of work as my attic is full of stored material. I was hoping to be able to use an indoor type that would be better than the rabbit ears that I am using now. CBS seems to be the worst, but most the stations give me drop outs at one time or another.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Antennaweb Report.pdf (171.1 KB, 2 views)

Sony KDL-42V4100 LCD TV, Yamaha RX-V665 AV receiver, Sony PS3 slim, Klipsch F-30 speaker system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1775 Old Today, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Well, the HOA can't restrict that if it's necessary to receive terrestrial broadcasts in your local area. That said, you're point blank, so you just need to eliminate the multipath. A small directional in the attic or closet or someplace where walking around the room doesn't reflect a signal should do the trick. RCA ANT751, for example.

Another thing to remember is that VHF is more prone to interference. We rent a condo down there for vacations and it comes with a nice attic antenna. But if anyone flips a light switch on or off, the picture freezes for a second. And, yeah, WTSP is the worst.

But I'm not down there that often, so others here may have more experience than I do.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #1773 of 1775 Old Today, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschlic1 View Post
I can use the attic, but cant install an outside antenna due to HOA rules. TVFool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e03614870664f (sorry for some reason the link function didn't work)
That link seems to have worked just fine.
Quote:
I could try and mount an outdoor directional antenna in the attic but that would involve a lot of work as my attic is full of stored material
From only 7 miles away, it wouldn't surprise me if you laid this or an antenna much like it on top of one of your boxes in the attic and got better signals than I get 56 miles from Riverview.

Regarding work, free isn't always so free.

Genuine HD via ATSC and BUD satellite DVB.
Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
post #1774 of 1775 Old Today, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
On further consideration it does look like multipath interference. So I will need to go with some type of directional antenna. I did a quick search and it looks like most of the indoor directional antennas are amplified which is probably not good for my location. Any suggestions on a directional indoor antenna without an amplifier?

Sony KDL-42V4100 LCD TV, Yamaha RX-V665 AV receiver, Sony PS3 slim, Klipsch F-30 speaker system
post #1775 of 1775 Old Today, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 486
I think MrMazda gave you what you need. Isn't pretty, but you can stick it in the attic or a closet and be done with it. There isn't much you can stick on a set top that's directional for VHF.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception