Richmond, VA - HDTV - Page 296 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8851 of 8857 Old 03-12-2014, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The winds we are having right now (3-12-14 @ 8:30 p.m.) are really causing breakups on 8.1. Anyone else having problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8852 of 8857 Old 03-21-2014, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It's been the news all day. Richmond-based Media General will be merging with LIN Media for $1.6 billion.
post #8853 of 8857 Old 03-22-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheney View Post

WRIC DT along with WTVR DT, WRLH DT, WCVE DT, and WCVW DT will all be shutting down at approximately 1am Friday night/Saturday morning for a tower inspection in the RF zone until around 545am approximately. All of these station's digital transmitters will be in standby mode until the all clear is given. Unfortunately it is an annual inspection that I can not get around on my tower. WRIC will remain on FIOS but Comcast will be effected along with both satellite vendors. I am not sure of the other station's status with direct feeds to cable systems or satellite vendors at this point.

Darrell Cheney
Chief Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyleonard View Post

Thanks, Darrell!
What a useful thread. I wouldn't have known why a few of my over-the-air channels were out if it weren't for this.

Isn't it reasonable to expect to find an announcement about this on the networks' home pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheney View Post

They do not give me front page access for the engineering stuff. I do have a page that is buried in the programming section but it does not get many hits. I did not update that section since I posted here for all of the serious OTA viewers to find.

Darrell Cheney
WRIC TV

This seems to happen to all OTA channels from the Chesterfield transmitter around 1am every now and then.

Why is there no announcement anywhere?  This was all I could find, with 45 minutes of online sleuthing.

And these messages (quoted above) are from 2009!

post #8854 of 8857 Old 05-29-2014, 04:05 PM

Anybody notice that Comcast has now scrambled ALL of their channels, even the HD locals. My bedroom TV (QAM tuned) started displaying a message that the signal was scrambled on the few channels I could still get using my QAM tuner (mainly locals and crappy channels). Now I get nothing when I auto-tune the cable digital channels. They are apparently forcing subscribers to lease boxes for every TV. We just use the bedroom TVs for local programming (mainly news) when going to bed and waking up. Looks like I'll have to switch to an antenna and say goodbye to NBC12.mad.gif
post #8855 of 8857 Old 05-31-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy C View Post

Anybody notice that Comcast has now scrambled ALL of their channels, even the HD locals. My bedroom TV (QAM tuned) started displaying a message that the signal was scrambled on the few channels I could still get using my QAM tuner (mainly locals and crappy channels). Now I get nothing when I auto-tune the cable digital channels. They are apparently forcing subscribers to lease boxes for every TV. We just use the bedroom TVs for local programming (mainly news) when going to bed and waking up. Looks like I'll have to switch to an antenna and say goodbye to NBC12.mad.gif

I noticed that as well. Highly annoying.
post #8856 of 8857 Old 08-27-2014, 01:07 PM

Raycom Dispute with Directv

I often wonder why if something is free OTA, why is anyone charged for it. It should be a free service from Directv and Raycom. If NBC12 had a better signal, it wouldn't matter. Anyone with an indoor antenna is held hostage by both providers. I am only in Chesterfield, it's not 100 miles away.
post #8857 of 8857 Old 10-29-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Happen to watch the 7th game of the World Series on Fox and I will say the feed looks awful. Commercials looked fine so I know it is the feed. Fox should be ashamed to feed such garbage on such a big stage. I guess they figure most Americans will not notice the poor PQ.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page