Huntsville, AL - HDTV - Page 98 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #2911 of 2915 Old 01-05-2015, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you go to the WOW websited (you must allow cookies), click on Huntsville, click on Help & Support, click on Cable TV under Popular Help Topics, then click on Channel Changes and Updates in the left column.

It is buried deep. Most people won't find it. Just as WOW wants it to be.

Something tells me no one's cable bill with the deletion of these and the other channels since WOW took over Knology.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 2915 Old 01-16-2015, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdown256 View Post
WOW encrypts all channels including locals. All subscribers require a DTA or cable box.
So, up until today, that wasn't true. I've been picking up locals using a regular QAM tuner even after the digital conversion. But tonight, I noticed about half my channels weren't working. Did a rescan, and sure enough about half are gone. I've got ABC, NBC and PBS in HD. A couple more (Fox and I forget what else) in SD. Interestingly, there aren't even the hundreds of encrypted channels found like there normally were (that I couldn't tune). Just about 10 or so (including sd/hd duplicates) total, all unencrypted.

Almost feels like they moved to a totally new frequency scheme or something my tuner can't handle.
post #2913 of 2915 Old 01-16-2015, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erus View Post
So, up until today, that wasn't true. I've been picking up locals using a regular QAM tuner even after the digital conversion. But tonight, I noticed about half my channels weren't working. Did a rescan, and sure enough about half are gone. I've got ABC, NBC and PBS in HD. A couple more (Fox and I forget what else) in SD. Interestingly, there aren't even the hundreds of encrypted channels found like there normally were (that I couldn't tune). Just about 10 or so (including sd/hd duplicates) total, all unencrypted.

Almost feels like they moved to a totally new frequency scheme or something my tuner can't handle.
Something transient must be going on. I now have 363 channels (almost all encrypted), and CBS HD is back. But still missing Fox and CW HD that we'd had before.
post #2914 of 2915 Old Today, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Anybody else noticed that WOW dropped HDNet Movies, AXS TV, and BBC America? Did anyone see a notice that we would be losing these? Haven't seen any replacements. My bill goes up and up, and losing things when it does not make me feel better about WOW.
post #2915 of 2915 Unread Today, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlowe View Post
Anybody else noticed that WOW dropped HDNet Movies, AXS TV, and BBC America? Did anyone see a notice that we would be losing these? Haven't seen any replacements. My bill goes up and up, and losing things when it does not make me feel better about WOW.
Yes, lowdown256 reported it just a few posts above you back in January. There is a link on the wow page that will get you to relevant news updates... lowdown256's instructions are copied below:

Quote:
If you go to the WOW websited (you must allow cookies), click on Huntsville, click on Help & Support, click on Cable TV under Popular Help Topics, then click on Channel Changes and Updates in the left column.
That takes you to this link:

http://www.wowway.com/help-support/c...ama/huntsville

which as of today still shows the update:

Quote:
Huntsville
Effective on or after December 31, 2014, NBC Sports Network will be available on WOW! Expanded Basic Cable channel 67. Also on or after December 31, 2014, AXS TV, HDNet Movies, ION, UP, BBC America (SD and HD) and Univision will no longer be available on WOW! Cable.
We were pretty bummed about losing HDNet and BBC America too.

..dane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page