Forum Jump: 

post #6631 of 6822 Old 03-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

What evidence is there that the station is broadcasting on an unlicensed frequency?

- Trip

Did you not read vtpsystems' post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtpsystems View Post

Reception is still on on 31.3 31.4 31.5 and and not on 6.1 6.2 6.3

If he's picking up NBC6 OTA on those frequencies, they don't belong to Ch. 6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6632 of 6822 Old 03-19-2010, 09:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
WTVJ is licensed to operate on channel 31 with a virtual channel 6-1. In the event of equipment failure, WTVJ would instead begin displaying as 31-3 on some TVs. I see nothing relating to unlicensed broadcasting.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #6633 of 6822 Old 03-20-2010, 11:46 AM

Exactly, they're not licensed to operate on virtual channel 31.3, 31.4, or 31.5.
post #6634 of 6822 Old 03-20-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post

Exactly, they're not licensed to operate on virtual channel 31.3, 31.4, or 31.5.

OK, let's try this again.

WTVJ is licensed to broadcast on RF channel 31 and virtual channel 6. Nowhere did anyone say that channel 31 was virtual.

When your digital TV shows 6, that's the PSIP simply telling you what the "fake" channel is. All the while, the signal is being broadcast over true channel 31.

When the PSIP takes a dump, there's nothing to tell the TV what the "fake" channel is, so the TV has no choice but to indicate the real channel.

The bottom line here is that they are in fact broadcasting over their licensed frequency.
post #6635 of 6822 Old 03-20-2010, 03:37 PM

I see, thanks.
post #6636 of 6822 Old 04-27-2010, 06:41 AM

Kudos to Earnest Walker and the engineering staff at NBC6. They finally fixed the out-of-phase sound for their local news broadcast!
post #6637 of 6822 Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 PM

I'm new to this forum. I just got a TERK HDTVo antenna, which is mounted on a balcony 9 flights up in South Beach, with a clear view of where the broadcast antennas are.

When I first ran the auto-selection program on a TV, it found "3 analog and 56 digital" stations. After removing those stations not in English, and a few that looked like an old analog signal with mostly static, and a few more that couldn't decode, I ended up with around 25 stations. After removing the shopping channels, and anything else that wasn't a good clear signal (in English) I now have 15 channels.

Is 15 channels a reasonable number for the Miami area?
Should I post a list of what channels I ended up with?
Is there any kind of list of what others have found?

I was hoping I would find more channels showing movies, but I guess that's not the case. There are very few of those.
post #6638 of 6822 Old 05-13-2010, 03:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemyers View Post

I'm new to this forum. I just got a TERK HDTVo antenna, which is mounted on a balcony 9 flights up in South Beach, with a clear view of where the broadcast antennas are.

When I first ran the auto-selection program on a TV, it found "3 analog and 56 digital" stations. After removing those stations not in English, and a few that looked like an old analog signal with mostly static, and a few more that couldn't decode, I ended up with around 25 stations. After removing the shopping channels, and anything else that wasn't a good clear signal (in English) I now have 15 channels.

Is 15 channels a reasonable number for the Miami area?
Should I post a list of what channels I ended up with?
Is there any kind of list of what others have found?

I was hoping I would find more channels showing movies, but I guess that's not the case. There are very few of those.

Go to http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php -- select Miami (market #15) and click on "Expand All". You will get a list of all the local stations with their sub-channels along identification of the content, if known.
post #6639 of 6822 Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 PM

I guess I'm just too new here to realize how all this stuff works. I'm confused about the digital channel numbers - let me use one for an example.

On the above link, there is one line for WIMP-CD (whatever the CD means???) and it is on "Display Channel" 25, also listed as "Digital Channel 25.

On my TV, I found the following:
WIMP D1 on 25-1
WIMP D2 on 25-2
WIMP D3 on 25-3
WIMP D4 on 25-4

How would someone know from the link listed above that instead of one station to watch, there are four?

Why does the link say these are on "25" when I have to type in "25.2" for example, to get the second one?

My best guess is that the link is not up to date, as when I click on "expand all" I get to see multiple listings for many of the other stations (but not WIMP).

===================================

How about WLRN? On my set, I've found it to be accessible as 17-1 and 17-2, but on the link up above, it says that there is a digital channel of 20.1 and 20.2????

===================================

While I'm at it, is there a difference between 20.2 and 20-2????

.....am I just dense, and ignorant, or is the "general public" expected to understand how all this works?
post #6640 of 6822 Old 05-13-2010, 11:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I guess I'm just too new here to realize how all this stuff works. I'm confused about the digital channel numbers - let me use one for an example.

Hello:

I own and operate RabbitEars. Let me see if I can clear up your confusion.

First of all, I want you to bear in mind that RabbitEars exists primarily as my personal project. As I'm a very technical person, the website contains a lot of technical details which may be hard for people who are not as familiar with digital broadcasting to understand. Your confusion may stem from this.

Quote:

On the above link, there is one line for WIMP-CD (whatever the CD means???)

CD = Class A Digital. I may have mentioned that on the FAQ page. If I did not, my apologies.

Quote:

and it is on "Display Channel" 25, also listed as "Digital Channel 25.

On my TV, I found the following:
WIMP D1 on 25-1
WIMP D2 on 25-2
WIMP D3 on 25-3
WIMP D4 on 25-4

How would someone know from the link listed above that instead of one station to watch, there are four?

[...]

My best guess is that the link is not up to date, as when I click on "expand all" I get to see multiple listings for many of the other stations (but not WIMP).

My listings rely on the information of others, and to date, nobody has told me what programming is on WIMP-CD. In the absence of any information, I erred on the side of caution and listed only the programming I could confirm was present on the channel.

You note there are four services on WIMP-CD. Would you be able to fill me in on what programming each subchannel has on it?

Quote:

Why does the link say these are on "25" when I have to type in "25.2" for example, to get the second one?

As you noted, the other stations have this listed correctly. My listings are simply incomplete.

Quote:

How about WLRN? On my set, I've found it to be accessible as 17-1 and 17-2, but on the link up above, it says that there is a digital channel of 20.1 and 20.2????

If you hover over the little gray headers, it pops up additional information about each column. The 17-x channels are what you see on your receiver. For the 20.x listings, the 20 represents the channel WLRN transmits on, which is now channel 20 rather than 17 even though it displays as 17. The FCC decided that since people know WLRN as channel 17, it made sense to ensure that it would display on the TV as channel 17-1, 17-2, etc regardless of what channel it was actually on. The technology responsible for this is known as "PSIP," but that's unnecessary knowledge if you're just watching.

The .x (in 20.x) refers to the MPEG-2 program number, which is something technical that most people will never see. (Some TVs such as Sony models make use of this information for manually entering in missing channels.)

Quote:

While I'm at it, is there a difference between 20.2 and 20-2????

I think I explained this adequately above. If not, I can try again.

Quote:

.....am I just dense, and ignorant, or is the "general public" expected to understand how all this works?

As I said, some of it is a case of incomplete information through no fault of my own, and some of it is that my site caters to my taste for more technical information than most people need. I hope I've managed to clear up some of your questions. If there's anything further I can explain, please let me know.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #6641 of 6822 Old 05-14-2010, 08:01 AM

Thanks, Trip. It's amazing that a private individual, even with the help you've got, could put all that together! I've just spent a lot of time going through your site, some of which I do understand, and some of which is beyond my ability to deal with yet - I need to learn more.

I am entering all the information on the channels I receive into an Excel spreadsheet, with two groups - one with the channels in English, and another with all the other languages (mostly Spanish).

I will compare that with what you've got listed on your chart (which will also tell me how many of those stations I am actually able to receive). If I find listings that are not on your chart, I will try to figure out what format you want this submitted in. Specifically, you asked "Would you be able to fill me in on what programming each subchannel has on it?" Are you looking for something similar to "English, product selling advertisements, only daytime" or whatever the case might be?

There is really only one thing right now that I'm thoroughly confused by. In the case of WLRN, you say it's really broadcasting on channel 20, but it displays as channel 17. I think that's confusing already, but it's not a problem. To me, it means that if I do a search somehow for WLRN, it will start playing (having been found on channel 20) but my TV will say it is tuned in to channel 17. Strange, but I guess that's the way things are.

What has me floored, is if I turn on my TV to channel 17.
If I tune to 17, I get static.
If I tune to 17.1 I get PBS.
If I tune to 17.2 I get PBS in Spanish.

How in the world does my TV know that when I try to tune in channel 17, it should switch and show me something on a different channel???? ....and suppose someone wanted to actually broadcast on channel 17, how can they do this when the other station is taking up TWO of the available numbers, both 17 and 20??

Since I can actually tune in both of the PBS stations by going to 20.1 and 20.2, why should I be tuning my set to a "fake" number?

(When I grew up in NYC, I got used to one set of numbers for ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. When I moved to Michigan, the networks were there, but the channel numbers were different. So, I'm used to using different numbers, as needed. It seems to me that we all ought to be using what you have called the "Physical Channel", not the "Display Channel".)

A handy addition to your table would be to list the language that the station broadcasts in. For example, for me, I'm only interested in channels that are in English. Others will have different desires. I think that would make your chart a bit more useful.
post #6642 of 6822 Old 05-14-2010, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks, Trip. It's amazing that a private individual, even with the help you've got, could put all that together! I've just spent a lot of time going through your site, some of which I do understand, and some of which is beyond my ability to deal with yet - I need to learn more.

I'm glad you like it, and I'm always glad to help explain things when I can.

Quote:

I am entering all the information on the channels I receive into an Excel spreadsheet, with two groups - one with the channels in English, and another with all the other languages (mostly Spanish).

I will compare that with what you've got listed on your chart (which will also tell me how many of those stations I am actually able to receive). If I find listings that are not on your chart, I will try to figure out what format you want this submitted in. Specifically, you asked "Would you be able to fill me in on what programming each subchannel has on it?" Are you looking for something similar to "English, product selling advertisements, only daytime" or whatever the case might be?

Sounds good to me. Basically, if it's just all English-language infomercials, then you can just say "English Infomercials." If it has a network name (like WPLG 10-2 is LATV and the logo clearly says so) then I'll take that.

Quote:

How in the world does my TV know that when I try to tune in channel 17, it should switch and show me something on a different channel???? ....and suppose someone wanted to actually broadcast on channel 17, how can they do this when the other station is taking up TWO of the available numbers, both 17 and 20??

When you scan your TV, it generates a table so that it knows when you put in 17-1 to actually go to 20.1 instead.

For a station which transmits on 17, it will need to show up with a different display channel. W64AN-D has a permit to relocate to channel 17 and should display as 64-x. If a new station was to pop up on 17, the PSIP standard states that it should display as 20-x.

Quote:

Since I can actually tune in both of the PBS stations by going to 20.1 and 20.2, why should I be tuning my set to a "fake" number?

It's your decision whether you want to or not, but most people like to stick with the channel numbers they remembered from analog.

Quote:

(When I grew up in NYC, I got used to one set of numbers for ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. When I moved to Michigan, the networks were there, but the channel numbers were different. So, I'm used to using different numbers, as needed. It seems to me that we all ought to be using what you have called the "Physical Channel", not the "Display Channel".)

My parents lived much of their lives in NJ outside of NYC. After 15 years, my dad still calls CBS "channel 2" from time to time.

Of course, when you're moving, you expect the channel numbers to be different. The transition was confusing enough for people, telling them to relearn the channel numbers was unlikely to make them any happier.

(Disclaimer: I am a strong proponent of so-called "virtual" channels, to the point that I wrote a blog entry on RabbitEars about it.)

By the way, after your post last night, I immediately went into my code and changed the column labeled "digital channel" to "physical channel" in hopes that it will reduce confusion.

Quote:

A handy addition to your table would be to list the language that the station broadcasts in. For example, for me, I'm only interested in channels that are in English. Others will have different desires. I think that would make your chart a bit more useful.

This is a very interesting suggestion. I will definitely take it into consideration; however, I wonder what to do about stations which transmit different languages in SAP.

As a general idea, though, it should be pretty easy to implement. Most network stations should be able to be automated. I'll definitely be thinking this over.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #6643 of 6822 Old 05-14-2010, 10:03 PM

Trip, all of the above makes sense to me, and after reading your article write-up on virtual channels, I do see your point. Of course, as I see things myself, your dad is spot-on. Of course CBS is "2", just as NBC should be "4", and ABC should be "7". (If I grew up in Detroit rather than NYC, I'd feel differently...)

There is one thing in your explanation that maybe you could elaborate on a bit more. If I understand you correctly, when someone in Miami does an "auto-tune" with their new TV, the information tells the TV about WLRN for example, and that it should display "17" while tuning in channel "20".

Suppose I get a brand new HDTV, set it up, but do NOT do any of the auto-tuning. I then select the channel "17.1" using the remote control. Since the TV doesn't yet know it's even in Miami (no auto tuning yet), and I haven't yet gone to channel "20.1" which perhaps would tell my TV to indicate that it was on "17.1", my TV doesn't yet know any of this virtual stuff. So, would my TV show an empty "real" channel of 17.1, or would some other function I don't yet know about be able to tell the TV that it's really supposed to tune in 20.1??

Maybe you can answer one other thing for me that I've been puzzling about. I got a Sony XBR7, which includes free TV Guide. I have learned how it works, but I don't have a clue why it does anything. Is TV Guide on a channel? I assume it's probably downloading something from each channel I tune in, or that it's been programmed to look at, and from that data, it puts together the TV Guide display. Is this correct? If not, how does it work?

Suppose I wanted to add TV Guide to a different TV that didn't come with it. Can this be done? Would I need to subscribe?

Also, I like your change - it's more obvious when you say "Display Channel" and "Physical Channel".
post #6644 of 6822 Old 05-14-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:

...however, I wonder what to do about stations which transmit different languages in SAP.

Perhaps English(Spanish,Tamil) for a program broadcast in English, with the ability to select other language(s)?
post #6645 of 6822 Old 05-15-2010, 12:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

There is one thing in your explanation that maybe you could elaborate on a bit more. If I understand you correctly, when someone in Miami does an "auto-tune" with their new TV, the information tells the TV about WLRN for example, and that it should display "17" while tuning in channel "20".

Suppose I get a brand new HDTV, set it up, but do NOT do any of the auto-tuning. I then select the channel "17.1" using the remote control. Since the TV doesn't yet know it's even in Miami (no auto tuning yet), and I haven't yet gone to channel "20.1" which perhaps would tell my TV to indicate that it was on "17.1", my TV doesn't yet know any of this virtual stuff. So, would my TV show an empty "real" channel of 17.1, or would some other function I don't yet know about be able to tell the TV that it's really supposed to tune in 20.1??

Yes, it would show the empty real channel 17.1. The tuner has no way of knowing anything until its first scan.

Some TVs simply refuse to tune to channels that are not scanned in.

Quote:

Maybe you can answer one other thing for me that I've been puzzling about. I got a Sony XBR7, which includes free TV Guide. I have learned how it works, but I don't have a clue why it does anything. Is TV Guide on a channel? I assume it's probably downloading something from each channel I tune in, or that it's been programmed to look at, and from that data, it puts together the TV Guide display. Is this correct? If not, how does it work?

Suppose I wanted to add TV Guide to a different TV that didn't come with it. Can this be done? Would I need to subscribe?

TVGOS is transmitted by WFOR in Miami (note the nifty red TVGOS icon on RabbitEars). It's a free on-screen guide service that your TV can use to display program listings for you. To my knowledge, this is not something that can be added to a receiver that does not have it built in.

Don't confuse TVGOS with the "EIT" data, which is transmitted by each station to show their programming. TVGOS is a proprietary service, whereas the EIT data is publicly accessible. But there's less consistency with EIT, as if I'm recalling correctly, I believe the FCC rules only require guide listings 12 hours out for EIT.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #6646 of 6822 Old 05-15-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:

TVGOS is transmitted by WFOR in Miami (note the nifty red TVGOS icon on RabbitEars). It's a free on-screen guide service that your TV can use to display program listings for you. To my knowledge, this is not something that can be added to a receiver that does not have it built in.

Several things are now starting to make a bit more sense to me.

Regarding TV Guide, the note up above explains it completely - even though I clicked on that TVGOS icon, I had no idea what it meant or what it was trying to tell me. (Maybe you can elaborate a bit more when someone puts the cursor over the icon, and the explanation message shows up?).

You've also got one for "Update Tv" on WPBT up above - what does that mean? (Hovering over it I see the message "Update TV Affiliate", but I don't know what this means.) I clicked on several links on your page, and found the link to "www.updatelogic.com/network.html". Suggestion - let this link show up when someone places a cursor over the icon. I'm not even sure right now how I got to the link, as I was just "clicking" trying to figure out why the listing was changing when I clicked on "expand". Anyway, I'm now wondering if this is a service I already have, and if updates to my Sony are being sent out.... one more thing to try to figure out...

.....TV Guide.... I spent several hours trying to put something like this together, before I clicked on "Guide" on my new Sony and there it all was! Now that I know what this feature can do, I'd never purchase a TV that didn't allow it to function. Thanks for the note. Had I known of your site before buying the big (for me) Sony, that would have prevented me from making a mistake. I guess I got lucky - even more so, for having read your explanation here in the forum.
post #6647 of 6822 Old 05-15-2010, 11:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Several things are now starting to make a bit more sense to me.

Regarding TV Guide, the note up above explains it completely - even though I clicked on that TVGOS icon, I had no idea what it meant or what it was trying to tell me. (Maybe you can elaborate a bit more when someone puts the cursor over the icon, and the explanation message shows up?).

You've also got one for "Update Tv" on WPBT up above - what does that mean? (Hovering over it I see the message "Update TV Affiliate", but I don't know what this means.) I clicked on several links on your page, and found the link to "www.updatelogic.com/network.html". Suggestion - let this link show up when someone places a cursor over the icon.

As per your suggestions, those icons now link to the appropriate informational page on RabbitEars.

Quote:

I'm not even sure right now how I got to the link, as I was just "clicking" trying to figure out why the listing was changing when I clicked on "expand".

I'm confused by this sentence, can you elaborate?

Quote:

Anyway, I'm now wondering if this is a service I already have, and if updates to my Sony are being sent out.... one more thing to try to figure out...

If your TV is compatible, then as long as you receive WPBT, you should receive any updates they send out. I remember a few months/years ago, a number of folks with a particular TV model woke up one morning to find their TVs on saying, "a software update has been installed" or something to that effect.

Quote:

.....TV Guide.... I spent several hours trying to put something like this together, before I clicked on "Guide" on my new Sony and there it all was! Now that I know what this feature can do, I'd never purchase a TV that didn't allow it to function. Thanks for the note. Had I known of your site before buying the big (for me) Sony, that would have prevented me from making a mistake. I guess I got lucky - even more so, for having read your explanation here in the forum.

Glad you enjoy it!

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #6648 of 6822 Old 05-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:

I'm confused by this sentence, can you elaborate?

Let's see if I can replicate what I did...
a) click on http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php
b) click on "Miami, Florida"
c) in the new box, click on "Expand All" near the top.

Now that I know what we're talking about, it all seems obvious, and my comment is silly. I think I clicked on "Expand All" again (which really should change to "Contract") and eventually got myself back to the screen that is intended to be the "Expand All" screen.

....and now I see why I was confused. Do only "a" and "b" as described above, and then click on the link for Update Tv. I may have done that, but I don't remember which page it took me to - possibly "http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php" which is where it takes me now.

...and now do "a", "b", and "c" as described above, and click on the logo after you've already done the "Expand All", and then click on the words "Update TV", not the logo closer to the top. This will take you to "http://www.updatelogic.com/network.html" which was the page that told me what was going on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I get off-track too easily, and also confused when I think I'm doing something right but get unexpected results. I've got just two minor suggestions here:
a) Once someone clicks on "Expand All", change that wording on the new page to something that means you go back to the original page, and
b) change the text "Update TV" to something slightly different, as clicking on the logo up above with that same wording takes a person to different sites.
post #6649 of 6822 Old 05-16-2010, 03:37 PM

This has nothing to do with our discussion, but I found a fascinating website that I think a lot of people here might enjoy reading. I don't know enough to understand much of it, but here goes:
http://www.fybush.com/site-031120.html

Anyone from NYC will probably be fascinated by this page.
post #6650 of 6822 Old 05-16-2010, 04:50 PM

In looking around for more information, I came across a fascinating site where I could enter my location and get the relevant data. In my case, here's the data:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...cd72ddff86b721

Here's the explanation of what this all means (for people here like me, who are just learning a lot of this stuff...)
http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?opti...57#how_to_read

The scary thing is, thanks to all your advice, I think I actually understood most of this (unlike the Empire State Building link, which left me totally lost).

I also got the answer to a question I hadn't yet asked you. When I set up my new antenna with a small Toshiba TV, I got around 50 stations during the auto-tune. As I was curious about all this, I did the first test without using the antenna amplifier that came with the Terk antenna. Once I thought I knew what I was doing a little better, I added in the amp, plugged it into the AC outlook, turned it on, and....... yikes, many of the stations were gone! I called the Terk service number to ask about this, and the tech guy at the other end told me that the amplifier was over-amplifying the signals, so my TV probably rejected them. It sounded fishy to me, but that didn't matter - I removed it, thinking that a better answer was that it was probably defective, which I'd test out later.

From reading the above "help" link, I now know the real answer, that adding one of these devices is ONLY to help reduce losses in the cabling that is used, and actually REDUCES the signal strength!! At first this made no sense to me, but after thinking about it for a while, it now makes perfect sense. I'm guessing that a "real" signal amplifier can be purchased, but would probably cost far more than the antenna and come in a good-sized case, not a little two-inch device with a slide switch.

Anyway, for anyone else reading this forum, between your information and what I've just posted, it adds up to a pretty good explanation of what's going on. (I'm sure I'll have more questions later on..... )
post #6651 of 6822 Old 05-17-2010, 06:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Let's see if I can replicate what I did...
a) click on http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php
b) click on "Miami, Florida"
c) in the new box, click on "Expand All" near the top.

Now that I know what we're talking about, it all seems obvious, and my comment is silly. I think I clicked on "Expand All" again (which really should change to "Contract") and eventually got myself back to the screen that is intended to be the "Expand All" screen.

....and now I see why I was confused. Do only "a" and "b" as described above, and then click on the link for Update Tv. I may have done that, but I don't remember which page it took me to - possibly "http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php" which is where it takes me now.

...and now do "a", "b", and "c" as described above, and click on the logo after you've already done the "Expand All", and then click on the words "Update TV", not the logo closer to the top. This will take you to "http://www.updatelogic.com/network.html" which was the page that told me what was going on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I get off-track too easily, and also confused when I think I'm doing something right but get unexpected results. I've got just two minor suggestions here:
a) Once someone clicks on "Expand All", change that wording on the new page to something that means you go back to the original page, and
b) change the text "Update TV" to something slightly different, as clicking on the logo up above with that same wording takes a person to different sites.

Sorry for my delay in answering.

I understand. I don't know how to swap the text, but I understand what you're saying at least. I'm not sure there's much I can do there, since my knowledge of JavaScript is very limited.

The UpdateTV link within RabbitEars still links off to the Update Logic website. You think they should both link to the same place, am I understanding correctly?

I have links to lots of interesting sites on my site's Links page, Scott Fybush's page included. He actually collects data for RabbitEars.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #6652 of 6822 Old 05-17-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:

I understand. I don't know how to swap the text, but I understand what you're saying at least. I'm not sure there's much I can do there, since my knowledge of JavaScript is very limited.

I wouldn't know javascript from a piece of newspaper floating in coffee, but you can always take the easy way out....

Change "Expand All" to "Expand/Contract" and it's fixed! :-)
post #6653 of 6822 Old 05-18-2010, 09:09 AM

I am curious if anyone has received WSBS-DT in South Florida? If so, are they running sub-channels and what are they carrying?

I notice there is NO forum for the Key West area on the AVS Forums and that is why I am posting here. Thanks for any replies in advance.

Jim Thomas - wdx0fbu
Springfield, Missouri
post #6654 of 6822 Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I wouldn't know javascript from a piece of newspaper floating in coffee, but you can always take the easy way out....

Change "Expand All" to "Expand/Contract" and it's fixed! :-)

Done. And I fixed the Update TV link.

Jim: I don't know anyone in Key West and so I don't know what either WGEN or WSBS are carrying down that way.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #6655 of 6822 Old 05-19-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrradiohead View Post

I am curious if anyone has received WSBS-DT in South Florida? If so, are they running sub-channels and what are they carrying?

I notice there is NO forum for the Key West area on the AVS Forums and that is why I am posting here. Thanks for any replies in advance.

WSBS-DT 22-1 Mega-Spanish Language

Rejecting reality and substituting with Rampant erroneous information that is propagated by pseudo journalists making a career of misreporting the truth, disinformation, misinformation and attacks that are methodically propagated.

What Mega and Maria Elvira Salazar Fail To Report:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/02/2...tinues-to.html
http://www.familiesforjustice.net/in...ideos.tpl.html
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB153/index.htm
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB202/index.htm
http://www.elnuevoherald.com/2008/10...condenada.html

Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed. - George Burns
post #6656 of 6822 Old 05-19-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtpsystems View Post

WSBS-DT 22-1 Mega-Spanish Language

Rejecting reality and substituting with Rampant erroneous information that is propagated by pseudo journalists making a career of misreporting the truth, disinformation, misinformation and attacks that are methodically propagated.

What Mega and Maria Elvira Salazar Fail To Report:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/02/2...tinues-to.html
http://www.familiesforjustice.net/in...ideos.tpl.html
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB153/index.htm
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB202/index.htm
http://www.elnuevoherald.com/2008/10...condenada.html

What does this all have to do with whether anyone has seen WSBS-DT in south Florida????? All I would like to know is whether WSBS-DT is actually on the air and how many sub-channels they are running.

Man, the Miami AVS OTA forum is one really slow place. Does anyone discuss OTA tv in the Miami area on this forum????

Jim Thomas - wdx0fbu
Springfield, Missouri
post #6657 of 6822 Old 05-27-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Man, the Miami AVS OTA forum is one really slow place. Does anyone discuss OTA tv in the Miami area on this forum????

I'd like to, but I haven't found that much to discuss. When I grew up, all I had access to was broadcast TV, and there was lots of stuff I wanted to watch. Now it seems like much of what I want to see is on satellite or cable.

Anyway, I've been working on a chart of what stations I can pick up from my outdoor antenna. It's nine flights up, so reception ought to be pretty good. I need to get back to updating this, but the intent was to list all the stations I can get (Miami Beach), what's on them, if they're in English or Spanish, what format they broadcast in, and whether I can see them on my Sony, Toshiba, or Samsung TV. If I can upload it, the chart (for better or worse) should now be attached...

I need to test this again from each of my TVs, and double check all the information. Eventually I need to find a way of getting a TV Guide style listing for all of them.

miami-tv3-post.pdf 202.2822265625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf miami-tv3-post.pdf (202.3 KB, 0 views)
post #6658 of 6822 Old 05-27-2010, 10:16 PM

(Trip, that's the information I'll be sending you, once I double check it, and then put it into the format you suggested.)
post #6659 of 6822 Old 05-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member

West Palm isn't much better - that forum segment has mostly turned into a Comcast event.

Quote:

What does this all have to do with whether anyone has seen WSBS-DT in south Florida????? All I would like to know is whether WSBS-DT is actually on the air and how many sub-channels they are running.

post #6660 of 6822 Old 05-28-2010, 06:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

(Trip, that's the information I'll be sending you, once I double check it, and then put it into the format you suggested.)

Thanks.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page