Youngstown, OH - HDTV - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1954 Old 08-13-2006, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The CBS golf that was on WBCB yesterday reminded me of when in the 80's local stations around the country like Cleveland and Pittsburgh that were with the big 3 (ABC,CBS,NBC) would decide not to air programs and then pass them to another station usually a independent. I did notice that the feed had all CBS promos in place and they were not covered up. The picture quality was pretty good and it looked nice. Will WBCB air more preempted CBS programs or was this just a one time thing? Because I think that is really cool that WBCB got asked to air a CBS network program before the CW even signs on. Remember WBNX in Cleveland never got that honor yet a WB station in Youngstown Ohio was asked if they would like to air a live sporting event and now WBCB can say they aired programs from 2 networks (The WB and CBS) before the start of the new CW. It does show you that the Youngstown TV market is better than the Cleveland and Pittsburgh TV market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 07:39 AM

Hi I live in hermitage, pa and I have the cable adelphia and they are getting bought out by time warner and I was wondering this Also my cable company said I should have been getting WPMY aka WB 22 Pittsburg all along we used to get it 2 years ago but it would always jump off air and I thought they just gave us WBCB WFMJ Youngstown Ohio and they are like NO! Plus if that is right WB 22 aka WPMY is becoming a my network and so is my UPN station WUAB 43 the block. They can't have both of the UPN and WB stations by my area going to the My Network! If u live in western PA and eastern Ohio Adelphia cable company is changeing to TIME WARNER and I don't think we will get THE CW!!

Can anyone tell me a way to get the new tv network The CW? Cause I love the WB and I'm not going to miss my tv shows. Please help I'm a teenager who needs help with this!

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #453 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambiScott View Post

Hi I live in hermitage, pa and I have the cable adelphia and they are getting bought out by time warner and I was wondering this Also my cable company said I should have been getting WPMY aka WB 22 Pittsburg all along we used to get it 2 years ago but it would always jump off air and I thought they just gave us WBCB WFMJ Youngstown Ohio and they are like NO! Plus if that is right WB 22 aka WPMY is becoming a my network and so is my UPN station WUAB 43 the block. They can't have both of the UPN and WB stations by my area going to the My Network! If u live in western PA and eastern Ohio Adelphia cable company is changeing to TIME WARNER and I don't think we will get THE CW!!

Can anyone tell me a way to get the new tv network The CW? Cause I love the WB and I'm not going to miss my tv shows. Please help I'm a teenager who needs help with this!

I'll have our management check into this. Thanks for posting.
post #454 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV21CHIEF View Post

I'll have our management check into this. Thanks for posting.

Thanks so much sir!

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #455 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 01:58 PM

Any news?

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #456 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 02:40 PM

It is strange that WBCB is not on in Hermitge or will be taken off. I know that Hermitge is a part of the Youngstown DMA(designated market area) and is Hermitge and Sharon are even considered suburbs of Youngstown if you can believe that (they are less than 12 miles apart). That is why WYFM (Y-103) and WPIC-AM 790 id themselves as Sharon-Youngstown and why the WFXI (FOX 17) is located in Mercer. I heard that some of the tribune stations will get smackdown early. Will WBCB get to do this or is this just a select thing? http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/tribunesmackdown
Since MYytv is kicking WUAB off a good portion of the valley's cable systems, can WBCB find a way to be inculded in this as well?
post #457 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:

Any news?

We're working on it. mavtv is correct, we should be on that system.
post #458 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavtv View Post

Will WBCB get to do this or is this just a select thing?

I'll ask the P.D. about it.
post #459 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Here's the Mercer County lineup for the old Adelphia-turned-TWC:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Media...cer_072106.pdf

Odd. Not only is WPMY there and WBCB not, it would also appear to include low-power WAOH-LP/29 out of Akron!

Something's amiss there, Bob.
post #460 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 06:00 PM

The game is afoot Dr. Watson!
post #461 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 PM

Why would they carry WAOH-LP/29 out of Akron? I mean all they air is America's one http://www.americaone.com/ and Urban America TV http://www.uatvn.com/ . Unless there is a want for "the son of goul" why not carry WBGN? As for WBGN's New Castle repeater may websites list ch 56 as a Youngstown station, yet Lawrence County is a part of the Pittsburgh DMA. I thought at one time W62BT (WYFX-62) was owned by WBGN and at one time it was licensed to turnpike television (WBGN). Now if they could move the repeater towards Mahoning county we could have stations with all 6 networks, PBS, and a local independent in addition to 2 christian stations and a soon to be digital PBS low-power repeater, and a digital TBN repeater on ch 32.
Speaking of HD, yesterday at 5 P.M. WHOT signed on its HD transmitter making it the first Youngstown radio station to do so http://www.hot101.com/ . 3 HD TV stations OTA and now a HD FM radio we are hitting the big time.
post #462 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Heck, I'm in WAOH's service area on another former Adelphia system, and I don't get it here... in AKRON.

There is no reason for the new TWC system in Mercer County PA to carry 29 from here. None.

mavtv? Do you live there, and are you getting WAOH?
post #463 of 1954 Old 08-17-2006, 09:14 PM

I live on the west side of Youngstown (Austintown) but I have friends in the Hermitge area in addition to interning at WPIC-AM/WLLF-FM and no I don't get ch 29/35 on a regular but sometimes with e-skip I can see both ch 56 (WBGN's repeater) and ch 29. Ch 29/35 is owned by the people who own WJMP FOX SPORTS 1520 /WNIR 100.3 The talk of AKRON. What I can see happening with both WBGN's network and "the cat" is them adding RTN (Retro Television Network). It seems that RTN's owner Equity Broadcasting ( http://www.ebcorp.net/) has been buying stations and plans on taking RTN national.

What is strange is the new MY-YTV has added 3 hours of shows that are broadcast on RTN (MY Three Sons, Happy Days, Lavere and Shirley, Beverly Hillbillies, Andy Griffith, and I Love Lucy). Could this be a second network service in addition to MY Network TV?I know the shows are in syndication though CBS Paramount, but could it be more? It seems like out of all the classic shows they went with those. They are great shows, but what about some of the newer shows like Roseanne,A Different World, Cheers,Home Improvement,Martin,Jamie Foxx,Living Single etc. Now these shows have also been played out but why go with classics in a small market like Youngstown? I have not seen the whole line up other than what they have shown on TV, but between those shows, a second run of Martha, replays of most of its news programming, and the new talk show what is left to air.

WBNX is planing on a second channel when and if they ever get their digital signal on. Ernest Angley who owns the station said on the The 90 and 9 Club this is why he stoped replaying his show at 10 P.M. so they could air reruns of Friends instead.
post #464 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 06:16 AM

Well I don't care about getting 2 stations of My Network Tv All I want is the CW!!!!!

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #465 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 06:45 AM

Come this the 20th of September you will see the new CW in the Hermitage Sharon area. Based on your location you cannot get WPCW-19 (Pittsburgh's CW) or WBNX-55 (Cleveland's CW). If it makes you feel better without access to a digital tv or cable/satelite people here in Youngstown have no WB, or UPN since WBCB is not available OTA in analog. It makes one wonder what CBS was thinking when they chose WNPA (WPCW), and WBNX who both as new CW stations. Since WPCW cannot even make it to Pittsburgh let alone a digital signal up, and WBNX has no digital, it seems Mr. Les needs to redefine what an affiliate really needs so they can serve the most possible people in a given market.
post #466 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 07:30 AM

If someone from the Hermitage area could verify what call letter station is on channel 17 by dialing it up and waiting for bugs or station ID's I'd appreciate it.
post #467 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:

If someone from the Hermitage area could verify what call letter station is on channel 17 by dialing it up and waiting for bugs or station ID's I'd appreciate it.

I don't understand what you want me to do but I'll help if you can tell me step by step. I don't have satellite I have basic cable from adelphia

Oh and the CW starts up Sept. 18th

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #468 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't understand what you want me to do but I'll help if you can tell me step by step. I don't have satellite I have basic cable from adelphia

Oh and the CW starts up Sept. 18th

He wants you to tune into the former Adelphia channel 17 and see what station it is. Look for station promos or IDs.

Even before CW starts, the station still has to identify itself.
post #469 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 AM

Oh okay well on the bottom right hand corner it saids The Valley's WB WBCB. But on my tv guide channel the call sign said it should be WPMY WB 22 pittsburg. And I watch the WB daily and the promos and everything say it is the valley's WB WBCB. And now in prime time 8-10 the right hand corner says The CW comming this september.

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #470 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Oh okay well on the bottom right hand corner it saids The Valley's WB WBCB. But on my tv guide channel the call sign said it should be WPMY WB 22 pittsburg. And I watch the WB daily and the promos and everything say it is the valley's WB WBCB. And now in prime time 8-10 the right hand corner says The CW comming this september.

OK thanks. You are watching WBCB and the TV Guide channel listing is wrong. So you will have The CW in September. I'll see what I can do about fixing the TV Guide Channel
post #471 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 10:14 AM

Thanks man! But adelphia said I should be having WPMY? I'll still get the WBCB?

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #472 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks man! But adelphia said I should be having WPMY? I'll still get the WBCB?

You are and will continue to get WBCB on channel 17. I've personally talked to the technician that manages that system today. Ignore what the customer service people are telling you and ignore the TV Guide channel.
post #473 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:

You are and will continue to get WBCB on channel 17. I've personally talked to the technician that manages that system today. Ignore what the customer service people are telling you and ignore the TV Guide channel.

Thanks man so WBCB is not going to be only for digital cable? Cause here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CW_affiliates it said every affliate with a one said this 1These stations will carry The CW Television Network on a digital subchannel viewable to anyone with a digital television. In these cases, the channel listed is the actual digital channel (eg. "13", not a virtual channel such as "27.2", for WKYT).

What does this mean?

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #474 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:

Thanks man so WBCB is not going to be only for digital cable? Cause here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CW_affiliates it said every affliate with a one said this 1These stations will carry The CW Television Network on a digital subchannel viewable to anyone with a digital television. In these cases, the channel listed is the actual digital channel (eg. "13", not a virtual channel such as "27.2", for WKYT).

What does this mean?

Every television station in the country has 2 channels. An analog and digital channel. WBCB is 21.2 on our digital channel, but you need a digital TV to see it. You have cable so you don't have to worry about it.
post #475 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 04:17 PM

Why does wikipekia list WBCB as being a WB 100+ station? I always assumed that it was not since it does not even carry any of the programming that the 100+ carries and it is not nor ever was operated by time warner cable or any other cable company. Is it is not a member of the group right? And unless things change Youngstown should have one of if not the smallest OTA CW station in the network that has no conection to the new CWplus since the cwplus starts at market 103 and Youngstown is 102. Can this be confirmed somehow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WBCB
post #476 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 04:57 PM

Oh think god! I get the CW! When I get old enought to vote Robert J. Flis I'll vote for you if you ever run for anything. I love the CW! Well except all the upn shows on it but hey I get 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Smallville and my fave SUPERNATURAL!

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #477 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavtv View Post

Why does wikipekia list WBCB as being a WB 100+ station? I always assumed that it was not since it does not even carry any of the programming that the 100+ carries and it is not nor ever was operated by time warner cable or any other cable company. Is it is not a member of the group right? And unless things change Youngstown should have one of if not the smallest OTA CW station in the network that has no conection to the new CWplus since the cwplus starts at market 103 and Youngstown is 102. Can this be confirmed somehow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WBCB

We are held in high regard at CW due to our performance. It's no accident they adjusted the 100+ definition.
post #478 of 1954 Old 08-18-2006, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Simply put, Bob and his WFMJ cohorts treat WBCB like a real station, and the CW noticed.

BTW, the new TWC channel lineup cards do list 17 in Mercer County as WPMY out of Da Burgh. Glad to hear that's not reality.
post #479 of 1954 Old 08-19-2006, 06:08 PM

Hey I have another ? Will WBCB be getting their own website? If so I think they need a board or blog where fans can reply to the station. A lot of the other WB networks have their own websites.

Teenager CW / WB Lover
post #480 of 1954 Old 08-19-2006, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Out here in Pulaski, PA I get my Adelphia cable(I mail my bill to the Hermitage office) out of Hermitage.

Channel 17 has been the VALLEY's WB for the last couple of years or so. It will be the CW in the fall.

Also, with regards to the TVGuide lineup, even on my Sony HDX900 DVD recorder, even there TVGuide lineup is screwed up.

There is NO LISTING for any WB channel out of Youngstown, anywhere. On the channel lineup(and I selected the right one out of four of them) there is NO CHANNEL HEADING for the WB out of Youngstown.

I don't know what the call letters are(WBCB?), but they have headings for WPMY, and WBNX, which I think is the one out of either Canton, or Cleveland maybe.

So if I input WPMY on my channel lineup, I get the weekly listings for that channel, and they are ALL WRONG obviously. Only the primetime schedule is correct.

I think this is the problem. I don't think that the folks at TVGuide, either the printed version, or the free downloadable version that some tv's/dvd recorders have even know that the WBCB/Youngstown even EXISTS. If they did, they would send out program information over the cable line, or even have it in the printed guide.

They have downloadable info for BOTH WPMY and WBNX, but not WBCB, and this should be addressed.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page