Youngstown, OH - HDTV - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 1954 Old 10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
 
TV21CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavtv View Post

I know for sure Armstrong carries it on 114 and WYFX on 115 (they cover Austintown, Boardman, Canfeild, & Poland) but for Time Warner which covers the city of Youngstown I am not sure. All the promos for MY-YTV state to check your local listings even the ones that air on MY-YTV its self.

That's 104 and 105. I'm an Armstrong sub.
TV21CHIEF is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 1954 Old 10-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Member
 
mavtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV21CHIEF View Post

That's 104 and 105. I'm an Armstrong sub.

Opps thats right my mistake. I notice that WFMJ is carring a Youngstown state game this Sat at 2:30 PM? What will happen to the scheduled NBC busch race? I don't get why YSU is on WFMJ when it can be instead on WBCB? Is there any reason for the preemption? Is there any way WBCB can get the race instead? If the NASCAR/BUSCH cup fans are anything like the fans in Cleveland when WKYC preempted a race for an Indians game, you guys may have some unhappy fans calling the station.
mavtv is offline  
post #723 of 1954 Old 10-26-2006, 06:21 PM
 
TV21CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavtv View Post

Opps thats right my mistake. I notice that WFMJ is carring a Youngstown state game this Sat at 2:30 PM? What will happen to the scheduled NBC busch race? I don't get why YSU is on WFMJ when it can be instead on WBCB? Is there any reason for the preemption? Is there any way WBCB can get the race instead? If the NASCAR/BUSCH cup fans are anything like the fans in Cleveland when WKYC preempted a race for an Indians game, you guys may have some unhappy fans calling the station.

Hmmm, let's see...
You have a local college team making a decent run at another national championship vs a "minor" league NASCAR race where the points leader is a Nextel driver who's leading by 775 points with only a couple races left AND is also the #2 driver in the Nextel Cup (-36 behind the leader)...

We'll take the heat on that one and put the game on the station that a lot more viewers can see who don't have digital sets or cable.

And yes, I follow NASCAR. GO #8 !!!
TV21CHIEF is offline  
post #724 of 1954 Old 10-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Member
 
mavtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV21CHIEF View Post

Hmmm, let's see...
You have a local college team making a decent run at another national championship vs a "minor" league NASCAR race where the points leader is a Nextel driver who's leading by 775 points with only a couple races left AND is also the #2 driver in the Nextel Cup (-36 behind the leader)...

We'll take the heat on that one and put the game on the station that a lot more viewers can see who don't have digital sets or cable.

And yes, I follow NASCAR. GO #8 !!!

But why not just air the race on WBCB? Is that possible or does your contract with the cw does not allow that? Based on your affiliation for WBCB can you run programs from NBC on WBCB or is it strictly the cw/kids wb?
Also is deal or no deal and 1 vs. 100 delivered to the the station live via satelite? I assume it is a live feed since it gives a winner at the end of the show for the play at home game but how the play at home contest is staged it is hard to tell. I am begining to wonder if the play at home game is somehow rigged. I know the portions are taped, but I am wondering if the same taped segments or "winning cases" are being used. Within 4 shows case 2 was the winning case yet case 3 was not the winner for at least 2 weeks.
mavtv is offline  
post #725 of 1954 Old 10-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Member
 
fmcomputer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV21CHIEF View Post

Hmmm, let's see...
You have a local college team making a decent run at another national championship vs a "minor" league NASCAR race where the points leader is a Nextel driver who's leading by 775 points with only a couple races left AND is also the #2 driver in the Nextel Cup (-36 behind the leader)...

We'll take the heat on that one and put the game on the station that a lot more viewers can see who don't have digital sets or cable.

And yes, I follow NASCAR. GO #8 !!!

As an avid nascar fan I agree. Except GO # 24 !!!!!!!!!!!
fmcomputer is offline  
post #726 of 1954 Old 10-27-2006, 05:46 AM
 
TV21CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavtv View Post

But why not just air the race on WBCB? Is that possible or does your contract with the cw does not allow that? Based on your affiliation for WBCB can you run programs from NBC on WBCB or is it strictly the cw/kids wb?
Also is deal or no deal and 1 vs. 100 delivered to the the station live via satelite? I assume it is a live feed since it gives a winner at the end of the show for the play at home game but how the play at home contest is staged it is hard to tell. I am begining to wonder if the play at home game is somehow rigged. I know the portions are taped, but I am wondering if the same taped segments or "winning cases" are being used. Within 4 shows case 2 was the winning case yet case 3 was not the winner for at least 2 weeks.

We aired that golf game from CBS on The CW at the request of CBS. We've preempted NASCAR on our own. NBC would not be happy to have their programs on another network affiliate. Also, as you stated, preempting kids shows is now an FCC issue. When we ran tennis on Saturday morning we had to make up all that childrens programming and run spots which take away from ad inventory telling everyone where we moved the kids shows.

As for the game shows, I don't know, but if I find out I'll post it. I'm pretty sure it's recorded in front of a live audience, edited for time and the giveaways are added in live during playback. Again, only an assumption at this point.

And...I wouldn't be upset if Jeff Gordon won either. Like Junior, he's had a couple bad years and they're both starting to come back.
TV21CHIEF is offline  
post #727 of 1954 Old 10-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Member
 
fmcomputer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WKBN Chief View Post

I checked the link under the locals for zip 44512 and indeed 27.1 and 27.2 are not listed. However, I did see our programming listed as 41.1 and 41.2. Looks like we have a little more fixing to do...

Checked again this morning 10/27/2006 still listed as DIGITAL SERVICE.

Fred
fmcomputer is offline  
post #728 of 1954 Old 10-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Member
 
WKBN Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmcomputer View Post

Checked again this morning 10/27/2006 still listed as DIGITAL SERVICE.

Fred

I just checked Zap2It and it now lists 27.1 and 27.2. I assume that this will take care of the Dish Network guide issue as well.

Thomas A. Zocolo
Chief Engineer
WKBN-TV 27.1 / WYFX-LP 62 & 27.2
WYTV 33.1 / MyYTV 33.2
Youngstown, Ohio
WKBN Chief is offline  
post #729 of 1954 Old 10-28-2006, 05:27 AM
Member
 
fmcomputer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WKBN Chief View Post

I just checked Zap2It and it now lists 27.1 and 27.2. I assume that this will take care of the Dish Network guide issue as well.

Checked this morning 10/28/06 0600 Still says DIGITAL SERVICE. I did a hard re-boot to update guide. No good

Fred
fmcomputer is offline  
post #730 of 1954 Old 10-28-2006, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Michael P 2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 1,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just started getting the guide data for my OTA stations on my Dish 921. WFMJ has programming data for 021.01 while WKBN is still "local service" for both 027.01 and 027.02. I tried deleting and rescanning WKBN-DT but still no guide data.

By the way I'm surprised that WEAO has guide data for 049.03 but not for .01 or .02?!? Also getting 025.02 (The Ohio Channel) but not 025.01 (PBS HD).

Is the WKBN guide data present on the Dish Youngstown LIL's? How is WKBN and WYFX listed in the LIL's? What I'm thinking here is this may be a PSIP issue. Something as simple as the placement of a "-" between WKBN and DT. When the 921's EPG can recognize subchannels like The Ohio Channel on WVIZ-DT or 49.3's data (including the hours it's off the air during prime time), you know everything has to line up just right for the data to match-up with the OTA.
Michael P 2341 is offline  
post #731 of 1954 Old 10-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Member
 
theshark8777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Newton Falls, OH
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavtv View Post

This could be in part due to the fact that WOIO is on the Time Warner system in Youngstown and Warren or that WKBN is choosing the steelers over the browns only because they won the super bowl last year. It seems that the local stations try to go with the winning team only beacuse they think they could get higher ratings and more of a fan base.

This is still Ohio, and last time I checked the Steelers on have one more win than Cleveland. I would really like to know whos call this is, WKBN? NFL? I like to give them a piece of my mind.
theshark8777 is offline  
post #732 of 1954 Old 10-28-2006, 05:42 PM
 
TV21CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P 2341 View Post

... What I'm thinking here is this may be a PSIP issue...

No other program supplier uses program info from our PSIP be they cable or satellite. They all get it via a subscription service like Tribune or TV guide.
TV21CHIEF is offline  
post #733 of 1954 Old 10-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Member
 
mavtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark8777 View Post

This is still Ohio, and last time I checked the Steelers on have one more win than Cleveland. I would really like to know whos call this is, WKBN? NFL? I like to give them a piece of my mind.

I would say that it is up to WKBN on if the air the steelers or the browns. But I thought that Youngstown was considered a part of browns territory.
mavtv is offline  
post #734 of 1954 Old 10-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Senior Member
 
salemtubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Salem, Ohio
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark8777 View Post

This is still Ohio, and last time I checked the Steelers on have one more win than Cleveland. I would really like to know whos call this is, WKBN? NFL? I like to give them a piece of my mind.

I wrote a very respectful e-mail to dcoy@wkbn.com a couple of weeks ago and never received the courtesy of a reply. WKBN doesn't seem to care what Browns fans think. I live in Salem in Columbiana County. To my knowledge there is no cable system in Columbiana County that carries channel 19. Thousands of loyal fans are no longer able to watch the Browns because of WKBN's decision. While I can receive channel 19's analog broadcast with my antenna, most residents of this area are out of luck. I no longer watch any programming on channel 27. I swing my antenna toward Pittsburgh when I want to watch CBS programming and tune to KDKA-DT.

WKBN Chief, can you share any information regarding this situation?
salemtubes is offline  
post #735 of 1954 Old 10-29-2006, 03:08 AM
Member
 
fmcomputer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WKBN Chief View Post

I just checked Zap2It and it now lists 27.1 and 27.2. I assume that this will take care of the Dish Network guide issue as well.

I guess your assumption is wrong. Still listed as DIGITAL SERVICE. I don't understand if WYTV and WFMJ can list program on sub-channels why cant your station. Maybe you should ask them how they do it.....

Fred
fmcomputer is offline  
post #736 of 1954 Old 10-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Member
 
theshark8777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Newton Falls, OH
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemtubes View Post

I wrote a very respectful e-mail to dcoy@wkbn.com a couple of weeks ago and never received the courtesy of a reply. WKBN doesn't seem to care what Browns fans think. I live in Salem in Columbiana County. To my knowledge there is no cable system in Columbiana County that carries channel 19. Thousands of loyal fans are no longer able to watch the Browns because of WKBN's decision. While I can receive channel 19's analog broadcast with my antenna, most residents of this area are out of luck. I no longer watch any programming on channel 27. I swing my antenna toward Pittsburgh when I want to watch CBS programming and tune to KDKA-DT.

WKBN Chief, can you share any information regarding this situation?

They least those cowards at WKBN could do was at least explain themselves, or give someone an answer. At least give a response to an email explaining their reasoning.

This is the reason I want Trumbull county to go into the Cleveland DMA.
theshark8777 is offline  
post #737 of 1954 Old 10-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Member
 
mavtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark8777 View Post

They least those cowards at WKBN could do was at least explain themselves, or give someone an answer. At least give a response to an email explaining their reasoning.

This is the reason I want Trumbull county to go into the Cleveland DMA.

It just shows you how over the past 6 years WKBN has changed. After adding WYFX/WFXI, it seems the staff has become over worked and the product and resources are being spread out too much. I have e-mailed WBGN out of Pittsburgh on ch 56 W56CL now WPCP on why they cannot move the signal closer to Youngstown and if they could find some way to enter the DMA ( I know its unlikey in both accounts but I thought I would see what they would say) and I never got a response so the unless they were either busy or the e-mail got lost I don't know why they can't answer in some form.
mavtv is offline  
post #738 of 1954 Old 10-30-2006, 05:48 AM
Member
 
fmcomputer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I checked EPG . WKBN 27.1 still listed as DIGITAL SERVICE. I called Dish Network again, and they said they don't know who is responsable for the listing.

Fred
fmcomputer is offline  
post #739 of 1954 Old 10-30-2006, 07:14 AM
 
TV21CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmcomputer View Post

Well I checked EPG . WKBN 27.1 still listed as DIGITAL SERVICE. I called Dish Network again, and they said they don't know who is responsable for the listing.

Fred

Welcome to my world! It took me WEEKS to get WBCB out to the right places.
TV21CHIEF is offline  
post #740 of 1954 Old 10-30-2006, 07:18 AM
Newbie
 
TigertownBigJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Middletown, OH
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The WKBN official reply is this..... Youngstown is considered an in between market, not part of Browns, or Steelers coverage area. They say the NFL requires them that if one team is on the road and the other is home, that WKBN carries the road team so it does not have an effect on the home teams attendance gate. We will see how true this is this week, the Browns are away and the Steelers home. KBN is also giving out a number to contact the NFL with any complaints.
TigertownBigJ is offline  
post #741 of 1954 Old 10-30-2006, 07:45 AM
 
TV21CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV21CHIEF View Post

Welcome to my world! It took me WEEKS to get WBCB out to the right places.

LOL. I was just going over the weekend disrepancy reports our master control ops make. Here's a note fromthe Saturday sheet.

"Sign-off: Please call Tribune about the sign off schedule. Dish Network called, update program schedule"

Now we know Dish uses Tribune as their listing service.
TV21CHIEF is offline  
post #742 of 1954 Old 10-30-2006, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Michael P 2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 1,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV21CHIEF View Post

No other program supplier uses program info from our PSIP be they cable or satellite. They all get it via a subscription service like Tribune or TV guide.

I was not referring to the actual program schedule that is in the PSIP, just the station's ID. My 921 was able to match up the other stations that I have scaned into my guide, and I'm getting thier guide data now (even though I am not in their DMA).

I even get some limited guide data for subchannels (but not WCWB). For WEAO I get data for 049.03 only ?! That channel is not carried (to my knowledge) on E*. 049.02 is the mirror for the analog WEAO which is carried, but all I get on that one is "Local Programming" (the equivelelnt to "Digital Service" on a 622).
Michael P 2341 is offline  
post #743 of 1954 Old 10-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Member
 
theshark8777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Newton Falls, OH
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigertownBigJ View Post

The WKBN official reply is this..... Youngstown is considered an in between market, not part of Browns, or Steelers coverage area. They say the NFL requires them that if one team is on the road and the other is home, that WKBN carries the road team so it does not have an effect on the home teams attendance gate. We will see how true this is this week, the Browns are away and the Steelers home. KBN is also giving out a number to contact the NFL with any complaints.

Thats a load of crap. WKBN always showed the Browns every week no matter where they were until this year, and I think one time last year. The Stadium is sold out every week so it's not affecting attendance.

Also, what is the number.
theshark8777 is offline  
post #744 of 1954 Old 10-30-2006, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Michael P 2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 1,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigertownBigJ View Post

The WKBN official reply is this..... Youngstown is considered an in between market, not part of Browns, or Steelers coverage area. They say the NFL requires them that if one team is on the road and the other is home, that WKBN carries the road team so it does not have an effect on the home teams attendance gate. We will see how true this is this week, the Browns are away and the Steelers home. KBN is also giving out a number to contact the NFL with any complaints.

That doesn't make sense. The game "sold out", otherwise the game would have been blacked out on WOIO. There is no reason to protect the gate.

In the old days when the Clevealand station was blacked out, Youngstown was also blacked out since it's too close to the stadium. We had to try for Toledo and/or Erie to see the Browns home games. In the early 80's our local cable company actually imported blacked out games until the NFL cracked down, and then those neighborhoods that had cable before the NFL rule change were "grandfathered". Every Sunday home game during the season we would loose ch 10 as the cable techs manually droped in filters to block the games from the neighborhoods that were not yet wired for cable before the NFL rule. Anybody who lived in Cleveland Heights back then got the games but in Euclid only the neighborhoods south of the tracks got the games since we did not get cable "up north" until after the the NFL rule change. This practice also gave the false impression that CFPL in London Ontario was carrying the games. In reality Viacom cablevision woud change the source of cable channel 10 from CFPL to either a Toledo or Erie NBC affilliate (unfortunately they missed some games that were on CBS - they did not grasp the concept of the visiting team's network gets the game whenever we played an NFC team).
Michael P 2341 is offline  
post #745 of 1954 Old 10-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Member
 
theshark8777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Newton Falls, OH
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WKBN is showing the Browns this Sunday.
theshark8777 is offline  
post #746 of 1954 Old 11-02-2006, 03:57 AM
Member
 
fmcomputer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thomas A. Zocolo

WKBN-DT 27.1 EPG for Dish Network is now corrected.. Thank you very much..

Fred
fmcomputer is offline  
post #747 of 1954 Old 11-02-2006, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Michael P 2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 1,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmcomputer View Post

Thomas A. Zocolo

WKBN-DT 27.1 EPG for Dish Network is now corrected.. Thank you very much..

Fred

Great news! I'll look forward to seeing the guide data tonight.

I wonder if they can get WYFX onto the subchannel guide? They have been able to get "The Ohio Channel" which is a subchannel on WVIZ-DT 25.2 as well as WEAO's 49.3 - both are in my guide yet not LIL's. WYFX is an LIL so all they need to do is point it to 27.2.
Michael P 2341 is offline  
post #748 of 1954 Old 11-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Member
 
fmcomputer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P 2341 View Post

Great news! I'll look forward to seeing the guide data tonight.

I wonder if they can get WYFX onto the subchannel guide? They have been able to get "The Ohio Channel" which is a subchannel on WVIZ-DT 25.2 as well as WEAO's 49.3 - both are in my guide yet not LIL's. WYFX is an LIL so all they need to do is point it to 27.2.

I was thinking the same thing, but I did not want to push my luck..

Fred
fmcomputer is offline  
post #749 of 1954 Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Member
 
CCDeVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavtv View Post

Here in the west side of Youngstown :

WYFX-LP: daytime good luck it is very hard to get a signal for any peroid of time nitetime is a little better but ch 61 WQHS over powers it and when there is e-skip and the conditions are right, it for some odd reason gets over powered by WWJ-TV (CBS owned) in Detroit. Also when the conditions are right WOGF 104.3-FM (keymarket owned country) out of Burgestown-East Lverpool gets overpowered by WOMC (CBS owned oldies) out of Detroit.

WFXI-CA: no way

W29CO: cornerstone repeater of WPCB out of Pittsburgh no way

W58AM: repeater of WNEO/WEAO when it was on it was a lot better than WYFX-62. There was snow but it was watchable and it was a consistant signal.

WPCP-LP: repeater of WBGN in Pittsburgh (actually in the Pittsburgh DMA but listed sometimes as a Youngstown station) no way.

W52CX: (TBN repeater of WDLI/soon to be LD ch 32) When I use my Philips Magnavox amplified indoor antenna with the gain turned all the way up I can pick it it up with some snow and static and it is stronger than WYFX.

I guess I'm of the opinion that if station owners didn't waste valuable FULL POWER stations on Shop-At-Home and stuff like Univision (nothing against Univison but what, 3% of the population of Northeast Ohio speaks fluent enough Spanish to want to watch this) you'd have plenty of room for Youngstown to have a full power fox or CW.
CCDeVille is offline  
post #750 of 1954 Old 11-04-2006, 04:02 AM
Member
 
fmcomputer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did anyone else experience WKBN-DT audio problems last night. Weird you had audio for commericals and music, but no audio when the show Close to Home characters spoke, you could hear the shows music and if you turned up the volume when there was no music you could hear background voices not related to the show..

Fred
fmcomputer is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off