Evansville, IN - HDTV - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 750 Old 02-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

When I go to general settings on my cable box, there is an option that lets me watch 4:3 in stretch mode and 16:9 in widescreen mode. You also should have that function on your tv.

Thanks, sd72667

I think the tv doesn't have stretch of 16:9 video and even though the picture may be 4:3 the signal is sent in 16:9 with black bars.

Bassmasa,

You told me exactly what I suspected about the 6412. I think that the installer didn't have a clue. I will definitely make sure they get a version III if I can talk them into trying one more time.

Personally, I can't understand someone who would get an HDTV and prefer stretched SD material.

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 750 Old 02-16-2007, 03:22 PM

Well, apparently WTVW Fox is up in HD on Insight Channel 910 here in Evansville. Strangely enough, they have TNTHD-itis. They are stretching all of their SD programming to a 16x9 ratio.

Should be interesting to view some *real* HD programming when the time comes. Do the crappy reality shows that they run on Friday nights even broadcast in HD?

YY
post #363 of 750 Old 02-16-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiYahooeys View Post

Well, apparently WTVW Fox is up in HD on Insight Channel 910 here in Evansville. Strangely enough, they have TNTHD-itis. They are stretching all of their SD programming to a 16x9 ratio.

Should be interesting to view some *real* HD programming when the time comes. Do the crappy reality shows that they run on Friday nights even broadcast in HD?

YY

Ok info from Insight cable Fox does not have HD on yet

I don't think Ch 7 has there HD transmitter on yet but we get a direct feed from the station via fiber so we are in "Pre launch test mode" For the NASCAR race this week end. I think the offical launch date is the 23rd but we will be "testing" till then.

Trido
post #364 of 750 Old 02-16-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trido View Post

sure odd I have no FOX7 OTA?/? Also I called FOX at 6 :15 they have NO hd signal on

So has Insight jumped the gun,maybe FOX 7 said they have it on for race sunday, who knows???

Well big test should be NOW is the 7 PM friday show in HD?

thanks
I think Insight jumped the gun or FOX7 did call Insight and say HD is on and now it went OFF???

I just checked. *Definitely* in HD, I had no idea that Fox broadcasted even the most horrible of reality shows in HD. They might have some lousy programming, but the Fox Network truly treats their programs better than all of the other networks...

YY
post #365 of 750 Old 02-16-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:

I just checked. *Definitely* in HD, I had no idea that Fox broadcasted even the most horrible of reality shows in HD. They might have some lousy programming, but the Fox Network truly treats their programs better than all of the other networks...

YY

Where are you located I cant get a OTE signal near Bosse high school

I may know an answer Insight gets their HD local signal atleast FOX via direct fiber NOT OTA so fox 7 maybe sending HD to them on fiber even though their transmitter isnt on

Darn Sigecom way behind. I just emailed Sigecom General manager to see if Sigecom gets their locals via direct feed or OTA? if OTA we are out of luck.

Trido
post #366 of 750 Old 02-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:

YY

are you SURE it is in true HD not just FOX widescreen, cause I just went to TITAN tv and put in INDY zip code and indy has a FOX hd station and per TITAN guide FOX has NO HD shows till SUnday 500 race?/

Trido
post #367 of 750 Old 02-16-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:

are you SURE it is in true HD not just FOX widescreen, cause I just went to TITAN tv and put in INDY zip code and indy has a FOX hd station and per TITAN guide FOX has NO HD shows till SUnday 500 race?/

Well, I simply checked the aspect ratio. I can't honestly say that I inspected Nanny 911 close enough to tell whether it was HD or simply just widescreen (more than 15 seconds of that show would have been very painful). I didn't even realize that there were shows that were broadcast in widescreen without being HD.

YY
post #368 of 750 Old 02-16-2007, 08:24 PM

Just the fact that Insight has added the Fox channel already is promising. I hope Sigecom will soon follow.
post #369 of 750 Old 02-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeaqua View Post

Just the fact that Insight has added the Fox channel already is promising. I hope Sigecom will soon follow.

I got some bad new on that.

Sigecoms GM just emailed me guess what Sigecom has NO agreement with FOX 7 to receive their HD channel.

He did say stay tuned how ever how the heck long will that take

Insight way way cheaper on HD DVR boxe
Insight cheaper cable rates
Insight faster Internet

Insight now has FOX

Now why stay an SIGECOM customer???/

I be talking to Insight monday AM

Trido
post #370 of 750 Old 02-17-2007, 01:39 PM

I live in Mt. Vernon and I can tell you Insight does NOT have fox ( if so what channel ) very
disappointing. I don't know what there waiting for!!! Daytona 500 not in HD
post #371 of 750 Old 02-17-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilli2 View Post

I live in Mt. Vernon and I can tell you Insight does NOT have fox ( if so what channel ) very
disappointing. I don't know what there waiting for!!! Daytona 500 not in HD

I don't know about Mt Vernon, but here in Evansville it is channel 910.

YY
post #372 of 750 Old 02-17-2007, 01:50 PM

You are right it is on 910 it wasn't showing up on the guide until I manually tuned in
Thank You very much....
post #373 of 750 Old 02-17-2007, 01:56 PM

Anyone getting fox7 off a qam tuner built into a tv? I have insight, but not the box...
post #374 of 750 Old 02-17-2007, 02:00 PM

I have the Motorola DVR box.
post #375 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 04:31 AM

I have a very weak OTA fox sig this AM .

Though someone with Insight check ch 910 is are all FOX shows widescreen on 910?

If so I just have their SD OTA signal and Insight is getting via direct fiber feed the FOX HD signal.

Please Post at race time today I think this will BE FOX 7 First HD broadcast

Trido
post #376 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 04:50 AM

Racetime 1:00 all fox shows on 910 are not in HD, just the ones in HD. 910 carries
the same programming as channel 8. Local News and other news shows such as
Americas Most Wanted are not in wide screen as with Dateline on 906 is not in
widescreen (HD ).

Sports and fox primetime shows are.
post #377 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:

I have a very weak OTA fox sig this AM .

Though someone with Insight check ch 910 is are all FOX shows widescreen on 910?

If so I just have their SD OTA signal and Insight is getting via direct fiber feed the FOX HD signal.

Please Post at race time today I think this will BE FOX 7 First HD broadcast

Widescreen no, stretcho-vision (as I mentioned earlier), yes.

YY
post #378 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:

Widescreen no, stretcho-vision (as I mentioned earlier), yes.

YY

ok well I am going to take a wild well no educated guess ONLY INSIGHT customer on 910 will have the race in HD.
As fox does not have their transmiiter working yet.

As insight told me me Insight Cable gets all locals via direct Fiber connection just in case Local transmitter goes out they still have a signal via fiber.

So you should have FOX hd via fiber on 910. Sigecom Wont and OTA people wont.

Someone on 910 post at 12 noon I would assume prerace show is HD.

Thanks

Trido
post #379 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:

I got some bad new on that.

Sigecoms GM just emailed me guess what Sigecom has NO agreement with FOX 7 to receive their HD channel.

He did say stay tuned how ever how the heck long will that take

Insight way way cheaper on HD DVR boxe
Insight cheaper cable rates
Insight faster Internet

Insight now has FOX

Now why stay an SIGECOM customer???/

Because I live in Newburgh...its Time Warner or Sigecom. I'll take Sigecom anyday.

They better sign up with Fox7 immediately. Its ridiculous if they dont.
post #380 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Because I live in Newburgh...its Time Warner or Sigecom. I'll take Sigecom anyday.

Whats ridiculous to me Sigecom tells me we have waited 2 years for FOX hd.

So the time is here for FOX Insight gives us FOX hd NOW because the get via fiber optic cable.

Sigecom drags its feat no agreement with FOX 7 and even worse they dont even have the equipment to give us Fox HD signal.

Woa is me what would Jack Bauer do...

Trido
post #381 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:

ok well I am going to take a wild well no educated guess ONLY INSIGHT customer on 910 will have the race in HD.
As fox does not have their transmiiter working yet.

As insight told me me Insight Cable gets all locals via direct Fiber connection just in case Local transmitter goes out they still have a signal via fiber.

So you should have FOX hd via fiber on 910. Sigecom Wont and OTA people wont.

Someone on 910 post at 12 noon I would assume prerace show is HD.

Thanks

It is. I had Sigecom a few years ago before all of the rate increases. Actually, the reason I switched away was because the apartment complex that I moved into wouldn't allow Sigecom in. Of course, after all that's happened, I actually pretty happy that I have Insight now (I moved again and even though I had a choice, I stuck with Insight). Insight certainly has its major issues, but from everything I've heard about Sigecom through the years, I'd still rather be with Insight.

Sorry to hear that you'll be without Fox HD for the race. I had heard a while back (and I have no inside connections, just something I read somewhere whether in the newspaper or on some message boards) that WTVW was demanding more money for broadcast rights of their HD signal over cable. There was even talk that Insight would put them on their HD premium tier, but WTVW didn't like that (feel free to substitute out Nexstar wherever I put WTVW as they are the true people in charge from what I understand). Insight likely did some renegotiating to aquire the HD rights. Considering all that's happened with Sigecom in recent years (including their recent sale), I can only imagine that they are still attempting to come to an agreement.

Both companies have their negatives. Sigecom has some channels that Insight doesn't have as well. And customer service is an issue for both, although Insight's did take a huge step up after Sigecom came to town (Competition is always good).

I thought that I would mention this as well. Yesterday morning during Fox's Saturday morning cartoons (sad to see that this is what happened to them, I remember the good ol' days... but I digress), even though the cartoons were very obviously not in HD or widescreen, the picture on them was markedly better. It was very crisp, unlike WTVW's normally fuzzy picture on Insight SD. I've never noticed this much of a difference between SD programming on an HD channel vs a SD channel before. It was quite remarkable. Does anyone have any idea what Fox would be doing that would cause such a noticeable increase in picture quality on their SD programming on the HD channel? WFIE, WEHT, and WEVV never showed any difference at all. BTW, I am only speaking of the Fox Network programming. WTVW local programming looks horrible and is broadcast in stretcho-vision...

YY
post #382 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:

Hehe, I've been considering purchasing a home this summer, and even though I work in Newburgh, I've ruled out living there precisely because of that reason.

YY
post #383 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:

It is. I had Sigecom a few years ago before all of the rate increases. Actually, the reason I switched away was because the apartment complex that I moved into wouldn't allow Sigecom in. Of course, after all that's happened, I actually pretty happy that I have Insight now (I moved again and even though I had a choice, I stuck with Insight). Insight certainly has its major issues, but from everything I've heard about Sigecom through the years, I'd still rather be with Insight.

Sorry to hear that you'll be without Fox HD for the race. I had heard a while back (and I have no inside connections, just something I read somewhere whether in the newspaper or on some message boards) that WTVW was demanding more money for broadcast rights of their HD signal over cable. There was even talk that Insight would put them on their HD premium tier, but WTVW didn't like that (feel free to substitute out Nexstar wherever I put WTVW as they are the true people in charge from what I understand). Insight likely did some renegotiating to aquire the HD rights. Considering all that's happened with Sigecom in recent years (including their recent sale), I can only imagine that they are still attempting to come to an agreement.

Both companies have their negatives. Sigecom has some channels that Insight doesn't have as well. And customer service is an issue for both, although Insight's did take a huge step up after Sigecom came to town (Competition is always good).

I thought that I would mention this as well. Yesterday morning during Fox's Saturday morning cartoons (sad to see that this is what happened to them, I remember the good ol' days... but I digress), even though the cartoons were very obviously not in HD or widescreen, the picture on them was markedly better. It was very crisp, unlike WTVW's normally fuzzy picture on Insight SD. I've never noticed this much of a difference between SD programming on an HD channel vs a SD channel before. It was quite remarkable. Does anyone have any idea what Fox would be doing that would cause such a noticeable increase in picture quality on their SD programming on the HD channel? WFIE, WEHT, and WEVV never showed any difference at all. BTW, I am only speaking of the Fox Network programming. WTVW local programming looks horrible and is broadcast in stretcho-vision...

YY

I just checked titan Tv guide for FOX iNDY station it shows this pre race show is NOT in HD?
Well the big test is 14 minutes away please post how it looks on ch 910.
I do at times have their SD channel OTA it looks good for SD.The are still at a low power hard for me to stay locked into to signal fulltime

Trido
post #384 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 01:04 PM

Ok suspense is killing me Has Insight come thru with HD race on ch 910?

Trido
post #385 of 750 Old 02-18-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:

I just checked titan Tv guide for FOX iNDY station it shows this pre race show is NOT in HD?
Well the big test is 14 minutes away please post how it looks on ch 910.
I do at times have their SD channel OTA it looks good for SD.The are still at a low power hard for me to stay locked into to signal fulltime

I don't think that TitanTV is a very good authority on HD broadcasts. It also claims that local newscasts on WFIE and WEHT are in HD. I've watched local newscasts recently, and they look nothing like HD. It also claims that the NBC NHL broadcast on right now is in HD and I just checked and it is not...

YY
post #386 of 750 Old 02-19-2007, 05:42 AM

I kept checking fox on ch7 & 28 But no HD signal for the Daytona Race.
Did anyone pick up a HD signal?
post #387 of 750 Old 02-19-2007, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmtolake View Post

I kept checking fox on ch7 & 28 But no HD signal for the Daytona Race.
Did anyone pick up a HD signal?

I t should have been on Insight ch 910 ONLY cant confirm yet
Correction I just call a Insight customer he had it in HD on Ch 910.

Trido
post #388 of 750 Old 02-20-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:

I don't think that TitanTV is a very good authority on HD broadcasts. It also claims that local newscasts on WFIE and WEHT are in HD. I've watched local newscasts recently, and they look nothing like HD. It also claims that the NBC NHL broadcast on right now is in HD and I just checked and it is not...

The individual stations have the final say on what TitanTV displays. Titan gets their initial info from the network and listing services. It's up to the local station to make sure all the details are correct.
post #389 of 750 Old 02-20-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugrock View Post

The individual stations have the final say on what TitanTV displays. Titan gets their initial info from the network and listing services. It's up to the local station to make sure all the details are correct.

So NBC told TitanTV that the NHL game was to be in HD but didn't broadcast it in HD? I could buy that, but it still doesn't dissuade my opinion that TitanTV's info is very likely flawed. It may not be their fault, but they can still be inaccurate.

BTW, my initial point in all this was that the Nascar pregame show was in HD. I was told that TitanTV said it wasn't. I only made the previous statement to suggest that just because TitanTV said it was or wasn't in HD didn't make it so. It was certainly never intended as an attack on TitanTV. I'm sure that they do their best with the information that is given them.

YY
post #390 of 750 Old 02-21-2007, 05:45 PM

What model Motorola hddvr box are they using here in Evansville

thanks

Trido
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version