Evansville, IN - HDTV - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #751 of 753 Old 02-25-2016, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Owensboro, KY - OTA

I recently purchased a Channel Master Flattenna 30 mile indoor antenna and I placed it in a bedroom in a 2 story building, well its been a trial and error luck situation, no matter where the antenna is placed, I'll loose one of the channels coming in from Evansville, Indiana, and cannot get channel 14 WFIE for anything that I do. I was wondering about possibly purchasing one of the ULTRAtenna 60 from Channel Master, its a 60 mile one, but I wonder if I would need a better range one and what accessories do I need?

Also here is the address coordinates of the location of where im putting the antenna

tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d5134c24dd73ce 4

Height will be approx. 15ft.

Thanks in advanced!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 753 Old 03-09-2016, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim31 View Post
I recently purchased a Channel Master Flattenna 30 mile indoor antenna and I placed it in a bedroom in a 2 story building, well its been a trial and error luck situation, no matter where the antenna is placed, I'll loose one of the channels coming in from Evansville, Indiana, and cannot get channel 14 WFIE for anything that I do. I was wondering about possibly purchasing one of the ULTRAtenna 60 from Channel Master, its a 60 mile one, but I wonder if I would need a better range one and what accessories do I need?

Also here is the address coordinates of the location of where im putting the antenna

tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d5134c24dd73ce 4

Height will be approx. 15ft.

Thanks in advanced!
According to that plot, you should be doing pretty well. Yes, sometimes it's hard to find a spot where the antenna will get every station well. A couple questions: Is the antenna in a room on the west or north side of the house, with only one wall to go through? Do you have thick masonry or plaster walls? Any neighboring buildings blocking the signals? Is your reception generally fairly solid, not a lot of freezes or drop-outs? Are you feeding just one TV off the antenna, no amp or splitter?
I think with a different antenna you might do a bit better; The FLATenna is just 6 db gain. I'd try an AntennasDirect DB2e or Clearstream 2V. They are outside antennas but the DB2e, especially, is pretty small. I have an original DB2 in the bedroom, mounted on a PVC pipe and fastened to a pedestal fan base. I can get stations at 60 miles (one-edge) and 40 (two-edge) pretty much anything on the list with a double-digit NM(db.) I have a pre-amp since I'm splitting the signal to two TVs. But I'd try without an amp first; They often amplify the bad stuff like multipath reflections, and cause more problems than they cure. It's possible you may need to add a quality, low-noise pre-amp though. If you want to go cheap, Amazon has the Eagle Aspen clone DB2 for $13. The balun seemed a little lossy on a couple channels compared to my original DB2, but it should work pretty well. The Clearstream 2V claims better range, but it's kinda big for inside, and more pricey. I've never tried one...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resize.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1303393  

Last edited by stickmant; 03-10-2016 at 09:44 AM.
post #753 of 753 Old 03-09-2016, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotravis View Post
i'm in Olney and my neighbor has a couple stacked vhf antennas receiving 7 9 and 14...anyone picking up Evansville tv from 60 miles away?
From west of Darmstadt, I can get 16 in Olney pretty solid, 65% signal strength right now, on a DB2 antenna inside the house with a pre-amp (Winegard AP-8275) and a signal splitter to two TVs. I just tried it without the amp, feeding just the '08 Panny plasma tuner...no dice. TVFool shows 58 miles, 1-edge path, 16.8 NM(db.) I can get 22 Vincennes (40 mi.) and 18 Jasper (45 mi.) but have to point northeast. Olney often comes in off the back of the antenna. I'm on a ridge north of Evansville but from Olney, anything in E'ville looks like tropo only. I've never tried outdoor or stacked, though.

AntennasDirect DB2, Terk HDTVi.

Last edited by stickmant; 03-09-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Tags
evansville , hdtv , kentucky , Ota , owensboro

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page