Evansville, IN - HDTV - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 750 Old 11-03-2005, 12:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sanyo Vizon 32" with built-in tuner. They can't be serious, right? Surely they don't think everybody's tuners went out all at once.

If I'd have only won that big Powerball last month ... oh, the things I could do with WEVV ... at least I'd be sure they'd broadcast where EVERYONE could see it, EVERY time they tuned in!

Sheesh!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 750 Old 11-03-2005, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP in KY View Post

Audio channels on WEVV-DT are out of phase. I have sent an email to their website to let them know.

Looks like their audio may finally be fixed.

YMMV.
post #93 of 750 Old 11-03-2005, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN_owensboro View Post

I have a Sanyo Vizon 32" with built-in tuner. They can't be serious, right? Surely they don't think everybody's tuners went out all at once.

If I'd have only won that big Powerball last month ... oh, the things I could do with WEVV ... at least I'd be sure they'd broadcast where EVERYONE could see it, EVERY time they tuned in!

Sheesh!!!

well they have some box in lobby their and it is fine soit is not every box.I guess

Trido

Trido
post #94 of 750 Old 11-03-2005, 04:53 PM

Ron, to be fair, they are under an FCC mandate to have a full power signal on the air. Not necessarily HD. What I don't understand is how WTVW can get away with waiting till next year to comply.
By the way, my WEVV-DT reception is back, and the audio problem is fixed. Had to remind them about that.
post #95 of 750 Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Ron, to be fair, they are under an FCC mandate to have a full power signal on the air. Not necessarily HD. What I don't understand is how WTVW can get away with waiting till next year to comply.
By the way, my WEVV-DT reception is back, and the audio problem is fixed. Had to remind them about that.

Re you sure on full power?

Because WEHT has told me they will not be full DT power untill they switch their analog signal off.
They must have a DT signal not HD and they all do including FOX7.

Still no WEVV dt aud or vid for me....

Trido
post #96 of 750 Old 11-03-2005, 05:26 PM

I based my statement on the information from the FCC website that WEHT-DT was fully licensed. I took this to mean that they are running their full authorized power (only about 60kw, I believe). From private correspondence with WEHT staff, I understand they plan to change their digital channel from RF59 to RF25 upon the end of analog broadcasting, whenever that turns out to be. I was also given to understand that they would probably increase power at that time.
Again from the FCC website, I understand WTVW-DT is only running 1500 watts at present. I don't remember their authorized full power level, but I think it's similar to WEVV (hundreds of KW).
post #97 of 750 Old 11-03-2005, 09:43 PM

Quote:

I didn't say that the mandate included a HD picture but only a digital transmitter. They operated for several months with a very low power transmitter at a low point on their tower before installing the current equipment. I could never get signal lock in Owensboro with the low power signal.
post #98 of 750 Old 11-08-2005, 01:14 AM

Just wanted to check in and make sure everyone came through the tornado OK on Sunday. We had a warning here in Owensboro as well, but thankfully nothing bad happened and it was, for us, "just another storm." Sad to see that it wasn't that way for so many others.

My condolences go to the families of those affected by the devastation. I'm heartened to see the entire Tri-State coming together to help, just as we always do in times like these. It's an old chestnut, but we really do live in the best area in the country as far as our people go. We stand together when the chips are down!

-- JN
post #99 of 750 Old 11-08-2005, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN_owensboro View Post

Just wanted to check in and make sure everyone came through the tornado OK on Sunday. We had a warning here in Owensboro as well, but thankfully nothing bad happened and it was, for us, "just another storm." Sad to see that it wasn't that way for so many others.

My condolences go to the families of those affected by the devastation. I'm heartened to see the entire Tri-State coming together to help, just as we always do in times like these. It's an old chestnut, but we really do live in the best area in the country as far as our people go. We stand together when the chips are down!

-- JN

My sentiments exactly JN.
post #100 of 750 Old 11-09-2005, 09:34 AM

In response to CBS/Box question. I also have a DISH 811 HD box. Thankfully the Superbowl is on ABC this season!
post #101 of 750 Old 11-09-2005, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdecker View Post

In response to CBS/Box question. I also have a DISH 811 HD box. Thankfully the Superbowl is on ABC this season!

Can you check WEVV thats 044-01 on the HD 811 box do you have a good signal BUT no vid or aud?

If so would you call or email them they seem to not know what to do about this outage that on effects some boxes.

trido

Trido
post #102 of 750 Old 11-09-2005, 04:15 PM

If you have not previously tried to receive WEVV-DT, you might have to enter 45-1, as this is their actual RF channel.
post #103 of 750 Old 11-10-2005, 09:30 AM

Yes - I receive a strong signal (I live in Haubstadt) but no audio or visual on 44-1 and like everybody else, I received the aud/vid up until a few weeks ago. Can you list the CBS email address I should use? Thanks
post #104 of 750 Old 11-10-2005, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdecker View Post

Yes - I receive a strong signal (I live in Haubstadt) but no audio or visual on 44-1 and like everybody else, I received the aud/vid up until a few weeks ago. Can you list the CBS email address I should use? Thanks

try this they may or may not email you back

webmaster@wevv.com

on our dish hd 811 box we only get on scan 44-1

Trido
post #105 of 750 Old 11-14-2005, 12:21 PM

I decided to do some research as to why I can't receive a picture and sound from WEVV's digital transmitter.

I recorded 30 minutes transport streams from the local Evansville and KET digital transmitters using a ATSC FUSION 5 Gold tuner in my computer. I analyzed the recorded files using a computer application named TSReaderLite. I exported the resulting data using the "HTML Export" option.

According to some of the publications on the net, there are two ways that an ATSC receiver can get the information to properly decode the stream to select the correct picture and sound information. One method is VCT ( Virtual Channel Table ) and PMT ( Program Map Table ).

WEVV's PSIP contains only VCT - the PMT is empty or incomplete. All of the other local stations contain both VCT and PMT in their PSIP.

All of my ATSC receivers must use the PMT method.
post #106 of 750 Old 11-15-2005, 02:34 PM

I recently moved into a ground floor apartment and had to dump my DirecTV service (no line of sight for the dish) so I switched to Adelphia cable. I have noticed a couple times lately that they are showing a channel ID for WEVV-DT on channel 710 (in the HD group). There is no audio or video,, only the channel ID. Anybody know anything about this?
post #107 of 750 Old 11-16-2005, 08:54 AM

I lost the signal from 44-1 last night after the storms. Then I did a channel search and it picked up 45-3 in the search. Neither channel has picture or audio. I guess the storms did something. Everything was fine until then. All other channels are ok. WEVV gives me headaches.
post #108 of 750 Old 11-16-2005, 05:24 PM

I was having the "strong signal but no picture" problem last night, but tonight it seems OK. Wish they could figure out what's happening.
post #109 of 750 Old 11-16-2005, 07:59 PM

Yesterday WEVV's VCT section of their PSIP was screwed up. Today the VCT information is back. Still an incomplete PMT. I still can't get WEVV-DT picture or sound on my three ATSC receivers!
post #110 of 750 Old 11-16-2005, 09:07 PM

In the last week I started losing audio for brief periods of time on 25-01. During the Monday Night Football game I completely lost the signal -- went from 88-90% to 0. A few minutes later it came back at full strength. This happened twice. Tonight (Wednesday) I completely lost the signal during "Lost" and once during "Invasion". Has this been happening to anybody else? I find it odd that the signal doesn't just fade (like I get sometimes with Fox digital) but just completely drops to 0 all at once. And when I lose WEHT I still have my usual strong signals from the other locals. Thanks!
post #111 of 750 Old 11-17-2005, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

I lost signal on Lost last night. Luckily, I switched to my satellite feed (not in HiDef, though) and was able to watch the rest of the show.
I live in Haubstadt. Don't know what the problem was.
post #112 of 750 Old 11-17-2005, 10:23 AM

JSDB - thanks for the reply. I live in Haubstadt as well. Now I won't have to mess with my antenna.
post #113 of 750 Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 PM

I had the problem with 25-1 last night during LOST as well. Same symptoms, a sudden complete loss of signal. Same thing happened tonight during the ABC EVENING NEWS. Evidently Adelphia cable here in Morganfield gets their digital signal off-the-air because they lost the signal as well.
post #114 of 750 Old 11-18-2005, 08:34 AM

Well, I'm glad it isn't just me. My wife was really ticked last night because she couldn't watch all of Anna Nicole's story on Primetime because the 25-1 signal dropped out. I reminded her that she could flip over to analog, but she wasn't amused or pleased. Oh well. I guess I've gotten her spoiled on the digital stuff, huh???

During the storms earlier this week, Darren Gibson at WEHT Engineering told me that the power to the digital transmitter took a lightning strike, but it was back on the air fairly soon after he told me that via e-mail. Did that cause lingering after-effects? I'm not sure, but I guess anything is possible.

WEVV is driving me nuts. You never hear anything from them other than it isn't their fault the digital system is having problems. It's gone well beyond ridiculous with them at this point, and I've all but given up on actual HD from them, and I may well pull 44-1 out of my TV and forget CBS even exists. (I am thinking about it!)
post #115 of 750 Old 11-21-2005, 08:51 AM

My antenna was damaged in the tornado but I replaced it yesterday and have been able to get all of my channels back except 25.1.

I saw a couple of posts back that they were having issues. Does anyone know if they were off the air yesterday and today? I tried to find an e-mail address on their website but couldn't.

I'm hoping it's not my antenna as I'm picking up all of the other locals just fine and am within 10 miles of all of the stations.

Thanks.
post #116 of 750 Old 11-21-2005, 06:54 PM

25-1 is coming in fine for me in Haubstadt.
post #117 of 750 Old 11-22-2005, 05:34 PM

25.1 OK here in Morganfield. Signal strength about normal for here.
post #118 of 750 Old 12-02-2005, 03:02 PM

I guess everyone's TVs are working OK. It sure is quiet on here lately! Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been working on my Christmas lights, decorating the house and so on ... and then I had to cut up the tree in front of my house that fell during Monday morning's wind ... it was a Bradford pear. NEVER plant one of those! At least it didn't fall on the house, it fell in the yard.

About the only good thing to come out of having to cut it up was that my digital reception has improved quite a bit, particularly on WNIN and WEHT. I haven't tried to pick up WTVW's signal since the tree fell, but it might actually come in, too. Guess I'll have to check.
post #119 of 750 Old 12-05-2005, 08:51 AM

My Dad just purchased a Sony Vega LCD and upgraded to Insight digital (not the HD package yet). Although Risley's and Insight totally butchered the install, I must admit that the NFL on CBS looked sooooooo much better than my DLP- DISH or antenna version. Makes me wish I had cable, but I live in the boonies -- so that is just a pipe dream for now. Just hope that the local laggards (CBS, FOX, WB) get their act together next year.
post #120 of 750 Old 12-14-2005, 04:35 PM

Well today I have WEVV DT signal back on my Dish 811 box.

Can everone see if they can now see them again,

I have no info right now if they did anything on theri signal,I did have a UPDATE today to the DISH 811 box though it was suppose to be minor.

As soon as WEVV emails me back I let all know what made the change

Trido

Trido
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page