Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 750 Old 06-10-2006, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN_owensboro View Post

Duly noted on the WEVV bankruptcy. I'm not surprised, either. I don't think ComCorp is really interested in this market, and they haven't been for a good while, so they've just sort of let things go down the tubes. You are most likely correct in that it probably won't be good for those of us waiting for CBS HD.

Part of me wonders if Nexstar might be watching these developments closely, with an eye toward picking up some of the ComCorp properties "on the cheap" as that often happens in these bankruptcies. If that happens (and I won't be at all surprised if it does), look for things to normalize at 44 pretty quickly. It might actually start looking like a local TV station again!

Regarding Fox 7: I didn't hear Randy say that about the 6PM newscast, but he may have done so when I had to mute the TV to take a couple of phone calls during "S&S". I think it's a good idea and it should be interesting to see what the other stations do in response. I doubt WFIE would go to an hour news at 6, because "Wheel of Fortune" is so popular, but I could see WEHT doing it once "Millionaire" runs its course. I'm sure time will tell.

No sorry the hour long news info came diect to me from a news employee of fox 7,had to do with fox7 LOST friends reruns at 6:30 so they WILL be hour news at 6pm,

Trido

Trido
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 750 Old 06-11-2006, 06:00 PM

I am not going to miss seeing the Friends reruns ... in fact, I can't remember the last time I watched one. Last year, sometime, I suppose.

In other news: It could be this weather pattern we've been having, but I have actually been able to watch 7 in SD a few times this month, still just late at night, though. Sure wish they'd pick up the pace a bit when it comes to getting the full-power signal up and running! My analog signal is mediocre at best in the living room ... had to watch the Pocono race in the bedroom so I could actually see the cars ...
post #183 of 750 Old 06-11-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:

I am not going to miss seeing the Friends reruns ... in fact, I can't remember the last time I watched one. Last year, sometime, I suppose.

In other news: It could be this weather pattern we've been having, but I have actually been able to watch 7 in SD a few times this month, still just late at night, though. Sure wish they'd pick up the pace a bit when it comes to getting the full-power signal up and running! My analog signal is mediocre at best in the living room ... had to watch the Pocono race in the bedroom so I could actually see the cars ...

Dont you get Fox 7 analog via cable or dishnetwork?

Trido

Trido
post #184 of 750 Old 06-11-2006, 09:50 PM

Hahaha!!! Me? Cable? Dish? NOOOOOOO WAY!

I'm too cheap to pay for either one. I know 7's signal will improve when I get my outdoor antenna set up, but I just haven't done it yet. I've been happy enough with my set-top Terk antenna that I was going to skip the outdoor altogether, but how can you argue with free???
post #185 of 750 Old 06-12-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:

I'm in Owensboro, too (out near the Airpark for those familiar with the area), and I can get Channel 25 "OK," but not as well as, say, either 9, 14 or 44. Channel 31, by virtue of its tower being closest to town, is naturally the strongest.

This past fall, I was able to briefly receive Channel 7, but now my TV just goes past it when I search for new channels. Ditto with Channel 19's digital feed, which is, like 7's, very weak (19's is out of Madisonville -- actually around Hanson, IIRC). I'm close, but close doesn't count in digital TV! It truly is "all or nothing at all."

I to live in the area of the airpark (twin lakes sub.) and receive WEHT digital signal very well, I'm using a attic antenna w/ amplifier....I get everything but the ultra low power WTVW digital signal.
post #186 of 750 Old 06-12-2006, 10:24 PM

Alan, you're just south of me (I'm in Tamarack Park, just across Southtown). Lately, I've had far less trouble with getting 25, but I think that's largely due to the fact that I "corrected" a manufacturing flaw within my Terk set-top antenna (a bad solder connection).

Since making that correction, every once in a while when the mood strikes (late at night), I can watch a few of the Nashville stations and also WBKO, WKYU and WNKY from Bowling Green.

Again, I'm somewhat curious what kind of channels I could pull in if I could just work up the desire and courage to mount the outdoor antenna (I don't know what I'm waiting for, I have all the stuff and the house has the brackets still there from a previous antenna). When I had an outdoor setup before (in another house here in town), it was nothing for me to get the Louisville stations and Bowling Green (this was the pre-digital-TV days) in broad daylight. I suppose I'll have to set it up and find out!
post #187 of 750 Old 06-13-2006, 05:48 AM

I called WAZE yesterday, they are still waiting for FCC approval to go full power, and they still plan to build a tower in Booneville. Approval "may take one month or two years, we don't know".

Does it really take that long for FCC approval?
post #188 of 750 Old 06-13-2006, 06:01 AM

Concerning 25, I finally added a Channel Master 7777 preamplifier to my attic antenna. 25 HD comes in fairly well now. It still breaks up some during the day, especially if it's cloudy, but at nightime the signal is strong enough to actually watch without losing the signal.

I even picked up UPN30 in HD last night from Nashville.

Just waiting on 7 and 19 to go full power, and 44 to go HD which may not ever happen!
post #189 of 750 Old 06-22-2006, 05:34 PM

Gee, WEVV is off the air (both analog and DT), I assume because of a hit at the transmitter during the storms a while ago. Big shock that they haven't managed to get back up yet. They probably let the engineers go when they filed bankruptcy. I sent them an e-mail asking if they were going to re-air Gameshow Marathon or if we'll just get shafted out of that.

Nexstar cannot buy this station fast enough!!!
post #190 of 750 Old 06-23-2006, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKing View Post

I called WAZE yesterday, they are still waiting for FCC approval to go full power, and they still plan to build a tower in Booneville. Approval "may take one month or two years, we don't know".

Does it really take that long for FCC approval?

YES!!! A number of factors can be involved in receiving this type of approval. A Fort Wayne DTV has been working for at least two years to go full power (1000 kW). The last I heard, the station is still WAITING.

Steve
post #191 of 750 Old 06-25-2006, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Alan, you're just south of me (I'm in Tamarack Park, just across Southtown). Lately, I've had far less trouble with getting 25, but I think that's largely due to the fact that I "corrected" a manufacturing flaw within my Terk set-top antenna (a bad solder connection).

Since making that correction, every once in a while when the mood strikes (late at night), I can watch a few of the Nashville stations and also WBKO, WKYU and WNKY from Bowling Green.

Again, I'm somewhat curious what kind of channels I could pull in if I could just work up the desire and courage to mount the outdoor antenna (I don't know what I'm waiting for, I have all the stuff and the house has the brackets still there from a previous antenna). When I had an outdoor setup before (in another house here in town), it was nothing for me to get the Louisville stations and Bowling Green (this was the pre-digital-TV days) in broad daylight. I suppose I'll have to set it up and find out!

I have a great attic setup but I have it pointed in the direction of E'ville so that takes picking up Nashville or Bowling Green stations out of the mix for me. I live over on Cove Pointe and am using a panny plasma with cablecard on adelphia.
post #192 of 750 Old 06-26-2006, 01:04 AM

I gave up on Adelphia LONG ago. In fact, we haven't had cable since we lived out behind Adelphia's office (we lived on Raintree Drive). I'm waiting for either TimeWarner or Comcast to take over -- I've heard it'll be TimeWarner. I used to live in Terre Haute, IN and had TimeWarner there. Never had a problem with them, whereas I had nothing BUT trouble with Adelphia.

I'm running a Sanyo 32" from Wally World and expect to get the new/used outdoor antenna set up sometime soon. My setup is by no means the best and brightest, but hey, what do you expect for cheap??? It does work well for me, though, which is good.
post #193 of 750 Old 07-16-2006, 03:30 PM

According to a message in the Indy/Terre Haute forum, the link mentioned below indicates Nexstar has filed with the FCC to delay the mandated July 1, 2006 deadline for going to high power until 12/2006 for WTVW due to "financial hardship". (My theory was always "If you don't have the finances to operate the station, sell it!")
Bad news for those who were expecting FOX HD in the Evansville market this year. The same filing expects WTWO in Terre Haute to not be up to mandated power until some time in 2008. (Another post in the same forum indicates WTWO is not even broadcasting in stereo yet.)
Not complaining...just fyi.

svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getattachment_exh.cgi?exhibit_id=415274[/url]
post #194 of 750 Old 07-16-2006, 03:33 PM

Take the [/url] off the end of the link in my post about WTVW. I had to remove the http:// from the front of the link due to my limited posts and failed to modify the end. Sorry....
post #195 of 750 Old 07-25-2006, 06:57 PM

Delay Delay Delay.......... Makes me want to move to the big city. LOL, Again no HD NFL this year.
post #196 of 750 Old 07-26-2006, 11:42 AM

Guys and gals great great news finaly.

I have word today That WEVV CBS is very very close to HD,in fact a couple weeks ago they TESTED their first HD signal.

Looks like we will have some Great NFL HD games.

My hope is it doesnt take the two cable companies long to send the HD signal once they get the word it is on.

Trido

You guys with OTA tuners please please check nitely let us all know when you see hd show also anyone tonite can you see are you seeing right now 44-1 and 44-2?
I assume 44-1 will be the HD signal
My teenager has the only HD set with a tuner I I just cant get to his room

Trido
post #197 of 750 Old 07-26-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:

My hope is it doesnt take the two cable companies long to send the HD signal once they get the word it is on.

The real question is whether the station will get so greedy ($$$$$) with their HD signal that the cable companies will not sign contracts to carry the HD signal and if they do agree on $$ how much will our bill go up. Cable companies don't get to pick up and resend the HD signals for free. The station wants money for them. At least that is what I have been told by an Insight insider. Price has been too high for ESPN2 so we don't get it on Insight.
post #198 of 750 Old 07-26-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11290 View Post

The real question is whether the station will get so greedy ($$$$$) with their HD signal that the cable companies will not sign contracts to carry the HD signal and if they do agree on $$ how much will our bill go up. Cable companies don't get to pick up and resend the HD signals for free. The station wants money for them. At least that is what I have been told by an Insight insider. Price has been too high for ESPN2 so we don't get it on Insight.

Thats why I want to know when their signal is oN full time I wont wait all NFL season for Sigecom to MAKE THE DEAL I will get a OTA box.

Darn RS last year had some at 99 dollars I wished I had bought one now.
Might have to see if the old VOOM box might work for HD tuner only seen them on ebay for 8 dollars.

Trido

Trido
post #199 of 750 Old 07-26-2006, 06:36 PM

Quote:

this might make your dau though I was lied to many many time by EVV INSIGHT here is an email I got just this week from INSIGHT

This is from same person in programming that said BY fed 2006 we will have more HD of course they didnt .
here is the email

We are set to launch MTV HD TNT HD and ESPN 2 HD in under 2 months.
We had some setbacks before but we are ready to launch them now.

keep me posted if this happens please if insight gets CBS before Sigecom I may switch especialy if they get these.

Of course they all Lie I was told on MAY 5 this year Sigecom was getting NFL HD channel now oh know we arent rates way too high.
I was told they are getting something else in AUG so I am sure SEPT 1 st I will post Sigecom didnt get it either.

Trido

Trido
post #200 of 750 Old 07-26-2006, 06:45 PM

I'm stuck with Insight out here in Darmstadt. No intention of SIGECOM to come to this area. Can't do satellite at my house because of the trees on my lot and all around our subdivision. Got my widescreen almost 3 years ago and did not get one with a tuner. Didn't figure I would need it so got one without, as I figured I would always be on cable.
post #201 of 750 Old 07-27-2006, 06:13 PM

WEVV had first 4 minutes at 8 PM of CSi I say it looked great then signal went SD.

Sure was a great 4 minutes.

Trido

Trido
post #202 of 750 Old 07-27-2006, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trido View Post

WEVV had first 4 minutes at 8 PM of CSi I say it looked great then signal went SD.

Sure was a great 4 minutes.

Trido

The center dialog channel appeared to be missing before they switched back to SD.
post #203 of 750 Old 07-27-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Lee View Post

The center dialog channel appeared to be missing before they switched back to SD.

thanks I will pass on to ENG I know at WEVV. I dont have DD hooked up.

trido

Trido
post #204 of 750 Old 07-28-2006, 01:59 PM

WEVV has added 44-2 with WTSN (UPN programming). IMO the 44-1 SD picture quality has also improved.
post #205 of 750 Old 07-28-2006, 02:44 PM

11290, I live in Darmstadt and I receive Sigecom. Do you live on the outside edge? I live off Old State road in Brookview Heights subdivision.
post #206 of 750 Old 07-28-2006, 03:04 PM

I don't think Brookview is actually in the incorporated limits of Darmstadt. Might be wrong but I think the line is either just south or just north of Hillsdale Rd. Brookview is south of both of those, in Center Township I believe and I think the corporation limits are the Scott - Center Township line.

I am off Darmstadt Rd. in Kahre Lake sub. Just north of Don Mattingly's horse farm and north and west of Wortman Rd.

Darmstadt does not have a contract with SIGECOM.
post #207 of 750 Old 07-28-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:

I don't think Brookview is actually in the incorporated limits of Darmstadt. Might be wrong but I think the line is either just south or just north of Hillsdale Rd. Brookview is south of both of those, in Center Township I believe.

I am off Darmstadt Rd. in Kahre Lake sub. Just north of Don Mattingly's horse farm and north and west of Wortman Rd.

Darmstadt does not have a contract with SIGECOM.

My wifes Uncle recently moved into that sub very nice suppose to be largest lake in county?

Dont think her uncle is into HD though too bad.

Trido
post #208 of 750 Old 07-28-2006, 07:55 PM

I bought the third lot in the sub in 1975. Got a wooded acre for 5 grand. Thought that was a fortune back then. LOL. Very quiet out here, no traffic because hardly anyone knows it is back here and no through streets, all 3 cul-de-sacs.

Supposedly it is the largest lake in the county. Around 30 acres. Don't have a lakefront lot but they set aside about 600' of lake frontage on the west side for the non lakefront owners.

Thinking about selling in the next year or so and moving to a smaller house. Kids are gone, moved away from town and just don't need the size that we have here. I work a day job from 7 to 4 and then 3 nights a week and Sat and Sun as a security officer at Deaconnes so don't get a lot of time to do the yard maintainance.
post #209 of 750 Old 07-30-2006, 12:57 PM

You are right. We are less than a mile south of Hillsdale Rd. That is a nice area where you're at.
post #210 of 750 Old 07-30-2006, 05:55 PM

I hope WEVV at 7 pm Monday will do some more HD testing.

All those with tuners give it a try at 7 PM MONDAY.

Trido
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page