Baton Rouge, LA - HDTV - Page 100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2971 of 2976 Old 11-14-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
digiblur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Baton Rouge DMA
Posts: 2,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm not sure when it happened, maybe within the last few weeks, but WBXH is running a 1080i signal on 39.1 now. It was late in the evening was only showing 4:3 programming at the time. I'll have to check it out later to see if they are running some HD programming.
digiblur is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2972 of 2976 Old 11-20-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dennispap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hammond, Louisiana
Posts: 1,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I'm not sure when it happened, maybe within the last few weeks, but WBXH is running a 1080i signal on 39.1 now. It was late in the evening was only showing 4:3 programming at the time. I'll have to check it out later to see if they are running some HD programming.
Cant get it here in Hammond. Must be lower power than 33, 44 etc.
dennispap is offline  
post #2973 of 2976 Old 11-20-2014, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US | Age: 26
Posts: 14,467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
WBXH coverage: http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1656794&map=Y

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is offline  
post #2974 of 2976 Old 11-24-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dennispap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hammond, Louisiana
Posts: 1,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks Trip. Looks like i am right on the edge. Even though i have an outdoor ant up about 18 feet with a booster, still no signal.
dennispap is offline  
post #2975 of 2976 Old 11-24-2014, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
digiblur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Baton Rouge DMA
Posts: 2,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennispap View Post
Thanks Trip. Looks like i am right on the edge. Even though i have an outdoor ant up about 18 feet with a booster, still no signal.
I'm in the greenish/yellow north side of the coverage and it's a rock solid signal with an outdoor UHF/VHF rig. Funny thing is I have issues with the WBRL and KZUP, huge struggle that I really gave up on. I finally rotated my antenna enough towards Lafayette to pick up the KATC subchannel of CW-HD, works great! I'm well outside of the circle and in the fringe red of KATC.

http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1218402&map=Y
digiblur is offline  
post #2976 of 2976 Old 11-25-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dennispap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hammond, Louisiana
Posts: 1,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I'm in the greenish/yellow north side of the coverage and it's a rock solid signal with an outdoor UHF/VHF rig. Funny thing is I have issues with the WBRL and KZUP, huge struggle that I really gave up on. I finally rotated my antenna enough towards Lafayette to pick up the KATC subchannel of CW-HD, works great! I'm well outside of the circle and in the fringe red of KATC.

http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1218402&map=Y
Funny i can pick up KATC.more often than i can get WAFB. Nothing on KZUP or WAFB here and now i am having problems with WBRZ. Of course 33 and 44 still come in rock solid at 100% and 27 pbs comes in in the high 70's.
dennispap is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off