Baton Rouge, LA - HDTV - Page 100 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm not sure when it happened, maybe within the last few weeks, but WBXH is running a 1080i signal on 39.1 now. It was late in the evening was only showing 4:3 programming at the time. I'll have to check it out later to see if they are running some HD programming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I'm not sure when it happened, maybe within the last few weeks, but WBXH is running a 1080i signal on 39.1 now. It was late in the evening was only showing 4:3 programming at the time. I'll have to check it out later to see if they are running some HD programming.
Cant get it here in Hammond. Must be lower power than 33, 44 etc.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
WBXH coverage: http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1656794&map=Y

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Old 11-24-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Trip. Looks like i am right on the edge. Even though i have an outdoor ant up about 18 feet with a booster, still no signal.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennispap View Post
Thanks Trip. Looks like i am right on the edge. Even though i have an outdoor ant up about 18 feet with a booster, still no signal.
I'm in the greenish/yellow north side of the coverage and it's a rock solid signal with an outdoor UHF/VHF rig. Funny thing is I have issues with the WBRL and KZUP, huge struggle that I really gave up on. I finally rotated my antenna enough towards Lafayette to pick up the KATC subchannel of CW-HD, works great! I'm well outside of the circle and in the fringe red of KATC.

http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1218402&map=Y
Old 11-25-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm in the greenish/yellow north side of the coverage and it's a rock solid signal with an outdoor UHF/VHF rig. Funny thing is I have issues with the WBRL and KZUP, huge struggle that I really gave up on. I finally rotated my antenna enough towards Lafayette to pick up the KATC subchannel of CW-HD, works great! I'm well outside of the circle and in the fringe red of KATC.

http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1218402&map=Y
Funny i can pick up KATC.more often than i can get WAFB. Nothing on KZUP or WAFB here and now i am having problems with WBRZ. Of course 33 and 44 still come in rock solid at 100% and 27 pbs comes in in the high 70's.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone getting picture/sound on 33.2 OTA? My signal shows 78 strength but only a black screen without sound. 33.1 is fine so i know it isnt the antenna. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Now i am not getting anything at all for 33.2. Anybody else getting 33.2?
Old 05-05-2015, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennispap View Post
Now i am not getting anything at all for 33.2. Anybody else getting 33.2?
It's been gone for a couple weeks now. See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wvla33.PNG
Views:	43
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	701730  
Old 05-12-2015, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's been gone for a couple weeks now. See attached.
Ok. Thanks. was hoping it wasnt just me.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

KBTR Channel 41 made the flash cut to digital. Looks like they have a 720p stream going.

Analog vs digital coverage:
https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_...um=1&exhcnum=2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wbtr.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	734202  
Old 05-25-2015, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
KBTR Channel 41 made the flash cut to digital. Looks like they have a 720p stream going.

Analog vs digital coverage:
https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_...um=1&exhcnum=2
And the map refers to parishes as counties!

One person's craziness is another person's reality. - Tim Burton
Old 07-16-2015, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Will there ever be a chance of getting the CW 44.2 in HD? Can't get 21 on my antenna in Pointe Coupee, and if I angle for Lafayette's 3.2, I lose 33 and 44.

I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..."
Old 08-03-2015, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Help in Baton Rouge?

Hi all,
Actually, I live near New Roads, about thirty miles from where most of the TV station transmitters are located in Baton Rouge. I have decided to cut the cord and give up on satellite, cable, etc. as they are all bloodsuckers. I need to know which antenna might work best for me, and which stations I might be able to catch where I live. I plan to put the antenna on the sat mast, about twenty feet up, and use the cable that's already run through the attic to connect. Will I need an in-line amplifier to boost signals? Back BR tv is about 60' from the mast, other tv's about half that. According to TVfool, almost all of the tv transmitters are grouped into about a 20 degree cluster, so I guess a directional antenna would work best. There are some other stations located in Lafayette, about fifty miles away, but they are all duplicates of the BR stations, so not that important. Any help/information you could share would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Bushfilm

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli".
Old 08-03-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushfilm View Post
Hi all,
Actually, I live near New Roads, about thirty miles from where most of the TV station transmitters are located in Baton Rouge. I have decided to cut the cord and give up on satellite, cable, etc. as they are all bloodsuckers. I need to know which antenna might work best for me, and which stations I might be able to catch where I live. I plan to put the antenna on the sat mast, about twenty feet up, and use the cable that's already run through the attic to connect. Will I need an in-line amplifier to boost signals? Back BR tv is about 60' from the mast, other tv's about half that. According to TVfool, almost all of the tv transmitters are grouped into about a 20 degree cluster, so I guess a directional antenna would work best. There are some other stations located in Lafayette, about fifty miles away, but they are all duplicates of the BR stations, so not that important. Any help/information you could share would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!
I'm in Fordoche, so I'm not too far from you. I don't know the exact model of antenna I have (but it's a big one). The antenna is a large directional antenna with an Electroline amplifier, and I pick up 2, 9, 27, 33, and 44 pretty well as long as the antenna is pointed correctly. If I keep turning it, I can get Lafayette's 3, 10, 15, and 50 some nights (along with a PBS that I can't remember (24?) and sometimes Alexandria's channel 5). In New Roads, I'd think you should be able to get all of the same channels with a similar setup.

I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..."
Old 08-04-2015, 08:04 AM

Antenna?

Thinking of buying a Chan Master outdoor antenna to recieve Baton Rouge stations from about 35 miles away. I can mount on old d*tv mast, and hopefully use the cable thats already in the attic to connect. Can anyone address which model antenna might work best? Will I need an amp? and finally, my master BR tv is about 60' from the mast, think it will be okay? Any help appreciated, thanks!

Bushfilm

Old 08-10-2015, 09:27 AM

Liked: 0
I'm new here. I'm in Walker, LA. The closest station is 20+ miles from me. I am using a 1byone 50 Mile Range HDTV Antenna.

The antenna is currently stuck to a window as high as I could stick it to the window. Previous channel scans on my TV have found as many as 7 channels, but of those channels, none came in clearly for any length of time. The latest channel scans find 2 the two channels that are clear. I'm not sure why the other 5 channels fell off the scan, but they weren't coming in clear anyway. Currently, I receive only two channels. A shopping channel and Fox 44. I have an aluminum roof on my house that may be interfering with my antenna.

What antenna would you recommend?
Old 08-10-2015, 02:10 PM

Antenna suggestions

Hi,
Well, I haven't actually bought one yet, but the best ones seem to be made by Winegard, Clearstream and Channel Master. I would look at www.antennasdirect.com first, then google some of the others. I would think, given your distance, a mid-range antenna should do the job, but I would consider mounting it outdoors on a pole or mast, staying away from the aluminum roof. Too bad you can't easily demo several different antennas to find out which one works best, but there are some good reviews if you do a little research. I am probably going to buy something I can easily return if it doesn't work out, so either antennasdirect, or amazon for me. Good luck!

Bushfilm

Old 08-10-2015, 02:14 PM

Other option

Another option to an antenna might the ROKU box. It can stream video from a lot of channels, including some of the locals. Of course, you need internet access for it to work. I am thinking of getting one from Walmart so if I don't like it, I can return it with no problemos. Wish this was all a lot simpler!

Bushfilm

Old 08-10-2015, 02:17 PM

Mileage may vary

By the way, just because your antenna says it is a "50 mile" unit doesn't mean anything. A cheap, chinese unit may say "100 miles" but that doesn't mean you can actually pick up stations a hundred miles away. As the saying goes, "your mileage may vary".

Bushfilm

Old 08-17-2015, 09:27 AM

Antenna?

Hi all,

Appreciate the help everyone has offered, however I am looking for specific information about brand and model of antenna to buy, how many channels you are getting, indoor vs. outdoor mounting. All that kind of stuff; I have cancelled my satellite tv contract, so I am definitely ready to purchase an antenna and get this show on the road! So, please, specifics including all the tech stuff you can, particularly brand and model. Seems like every review I read on the net, says XYZ is the best....well, they can't all be the best. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance. Be well.

Bushfilm

Old Today, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushfilm View Post
Hi all,
Hi bushfilm, I live not to far from you in Baton Rouge. The antenna you need to get is this one. it is a UHF antenna. http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...u=700112818387 the one I use and do DXing with is this one. https://www.antennasdirect.com/store...V-Antenna.html
The HDB91X is a clone of the 91XG that I use. the HDB91X is cheaper. When I bought my 91XG three years ago it was $49.99. also you need to get this Preamp. http://www.amazon.com/RCA-TVPRAMP1R-...ords=TVPRAMP1R This Preamp will help pull in those weak stations. With this Preamp on I can receive KATC-3 from Lafayette 54 miles form me with 100% signal day and night. With no Preamp connected to antenna signal is at sub decode levels. If you want to be able to receive WAFB-9 & WBRZ-2 you may need a VHF antenna but most of the DTV stations are on UHF. Here are my YouTube Channels with videos of the stations I received DXing in Baton Rouge La. using the XG91 and PreAmp. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmN...FatbTkA/videoshttps://www.youtube.com/user/amfmtvdtvbrla/videos

Last edited by sr6c; Today at 07:58 PM.