New York, NY - Cablevision - Page 291 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8701 of 8712 Old 03-20-2014, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
channel will be included into the sports package for an additional fee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8702 of 8712 Old 04-30-2014, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
"finally'' made the switch over to fios... may 8th is the date... when I called to cancel, the rep asked what was the saving and when I told him 6bucks his reply was, u have been with us for over 25yrs and u are moving for 6bucks... my reply was that if I was such a valued customer why don't they reduce their rate to 6bucks under fios... his reply was... oh we cant do that...

after that a$$hole comment was relayed to friends, each one of them (3 so far) have signed up with fios... im going to keep spreading the word...
SubaruB4 likes this.
post #8703 of 8712 Old 04-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by paris401 View Post

"finally'' made the switch over to fios... may 8th is the date... when I called to cancel, the rep asked what was the saving and when I told him 6bucks his reply was, u have been with us for over 25yrs and u are moving for 6bucks... my reply was that if I was such a valued customer why don't they reduce their rate to 6bucks under fios... his reply was... oh we cant do that...

after that a$$hole comment was relayed to friends, each one of them (3 so far) have signed up with fios... im going to keep spreading the word...
What area do you live? I wonder if FIOS is available in my area.
post #8704 of 8712 Old 04-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post

What area do you live? I wonder if FIOS is available in my area.
If you're in Brookhaven, the answer is no.
post #8705 of 8712 Old 04-30-2014, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wish I can switch. FIOS is not available in my area. Cablevision prices are getting out of control. With my upcoming May bill the prices are going up again. They are going to charge me $4.98 (currently $2.98) for the Sports Programming Surcharge.This is ridiculous being charged for something I don't even watch. I am amazed that they can get away with this. If people don't want to pay this surcharge they should be able to remove the sports channels that this surcharge affects. They are also raising the charge for single room DVR by an extra dollar. When does it ever stop. Looked at satellite but they are actually more more expensive in the long run once the promotion runs out. Besides the price increases, there are constant issues with the guide cutting out after midnight while it updates as well as the overall poor design of their graphic interface for the program guide. CV should polish up the user interface to their service before increasing prices.
post #8706 of 8712 Old 04-30-2014, 03:08 PM

and their internet sux's toooo... I had their 101 ultra, and when I called to complain about my bill being too high, they gave me a 10buck reduction... next month I see they reduced me to their ultra 50, which costs 9.99 less..

so they gave me ..dick... i'm doing my best to get everyone I know to switch to fios...
post #8707 of 8712 Old 05-01-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
You do realize that Verizon also has a Regional Sports Network Fee along with many other taxes and fees.
They also charge for DVR service, HD programming, each set top box, etc ......
The grass is always greener I guess.

And saying Ultra 101 sux because it costs too much is misleading
post #8708 of 8712 Old 05-02-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

You do realize that Verizon also has a Regional Sports Network Fee along with many other taxes and fees.
They also charge for DVR service, HD programming, each set top box, etc ......
The grass is always greener I guess.

And saying Ultra 101 sux because it costs too much is misleading

their ultra 101 does 'sux'... the best I ever tested was 28 on the download n 23 on the upload... now maybe the diff from 101 down to 28 is small...small where u can't ever tell the diff in a blink of the eye...BUT.. I was paying for 101... and yes I know they say 'upto' 101... still donkey-doo..

and adding taxes/fees/etc, fios is 6bucks cheaper... is it a big deal...NO... but CV attitude sux's... and happy to report I got another friend to sign up with fios yesterday... that makes '4'... smile.gif
post #8709 of 8712 Old 05-02-2014, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Paris401 - What speed tier are you getting with FIos? What is the cost?
post #8710 of 8712 Old 05-02-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

Paris401 - What speed tier are you getting with FIos? What is the cost?

i'm getting the 75/35... the cost with taxes is 180/month... that includes the ultimate tv, 2 phone lines,dvr, 2tv boxes, and all the movie channels... not a big savings over CV, but having seen fios tv at my sons house, the sports we watched appears to be a bit crisper, and the audio is def better .. if we don't like, can always change back in 24months... i'm sure CV will be banging at our door then...
post #8711 of 8712 Old 05-07-2014, 02:01 PM

hello FIOS... goodbye CV..

got hooked up yesterday.. 1st impression's... picture as good as CV... audio better... internet speed way faster then CV... did a speed test and the results were (wireless) 40/30... when I connected the cable to the 'puter, the speeds were 88/42..

on a good day never saw 40/30 with CV.. and that's when we had the 101..

so a slight edge on tv, big edge with internet, phone service a wash... and saving a few bucks per month... so far.. so good with fios
post #8712 of 8712 Old 06-16-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 163
I too just made the switch from IO Cablevision to Fios Quantum. I had been a IO Cable customer for 22 years.

IO Cable's customer service is excellent, and their picture was very good, but the cost just got too expensive. I'm saving $30 per month with the switch, ...at least for the first two years. If Fios then becomes more expensive, I will switch again.

The hardest part of the transition was learning the new channel numbers/locations, and changing my wife's email. She opted to just go with a Yahoo email, so if we need to switch again, she won't have to do a conversion again.

Picture-wise, they are pretty much equal. I had a very good cable feed. Internet seems about the same.

Big difference is:
  • Customer service (poor on Fios side, hopefully won't have to call upon them much)
  • iPad app programming selection on Fios not nearly as good with as the channels available with Cable.
  • Fios Guide is far superior. I also like the fact that when you create favorites, they come up as a guide, rather than having to constantly hitfavorite button to find the particular favorite channel you want to watch.
Installation was long.....6 hrs. I'm sure it could have been done in half the time, but the tech, while very friendly and accomodating, was not in much of a rush. Guess getting paid by the hour.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.

Last edited by dsskid; 06-16-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page