Minneapolis, MN - OTA - Page 103 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #3061 of 3082 Old 02-26-2017, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post
Now lets see how long it takes Tivo to update things
looking at tvguide.com/listings I see Rovi has the right listings for 23-3 (Charge!) and 23-4 (TBD) starting the 28th. These changes happened recently (since late last night) so it may take a force download to have it be corrected (or just let it do the nightly update)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3082 Old 02-28-2017, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

TBD & Charge! went live this morning on WUCW

My TV burped and re-id'd the stations as "CHARGE!" and "TBD" (yes in all caps)
post #3063 of 3082 Old 02-28-2017, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
TBD & Charge! went live this morning on WUCW

My TV burped and re-id'd the stations as "CHARGE!" and "TBD" (yes in all caps)
My TV also burped but says "Charge!" and "TBD"
My Tivo still thinks 23.3 is GRIT and 23.4 is getTV but does have the correct listings.

post #3064 of 3082 Old 03-01-2017, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well that didn't take long

Grit is now on KMBD-LD7 (43-7)
Replaces country network which is now on 25-5
post #3065 of 3082 Old 03-01-2017, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Minneapolis, MN - OTA

Quote:

Interesting. I tried on my Tivo OTA Mini a bit ago and I was getting QVC. A couple of minutes after that and it wouldn't display anything on 43-7. In its defense, the wife is watching something on the main unit using a live tuner. Perhaps I need to re-scan once I can get her away from it for a minute or two!
post #3066 of 3082 Old 03-01-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:

Yep, same here, I don't care about the country network but I wonder how long it will take Tivo to get the listings for Grit....
post #3067 of 3082 Old 03-01-2017, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
Interesting. I tried on my Tivo OTA Mini a bit ago and I was getting QVC. A couple of minutes after that and it wouldn't display anything on 43-7. In its defense, the wife is watching something on the main unit using a live tuner. Perhaps I need to re-scan once I can get her away from it for a minute or two!
short answer...reboot the Tivo
long (technical) answer. I've had that happen to me too. WHat happens is the Tivo can't decode the signal enough to map the PSIP but WILL decode the RF signal. KMBD's RF channels are 2 higher than what they PSIP to. So in this case
RF 43.3 PSIP 43.1 Bounce
RF 43.4 PSIP 43.2 Escape

and so on

So the reason you got QVC is because the Tivo at one time had issues decoding it so now it is decoding RF 43.7 which is WVC (ot mapsd to 43.5). I've had this happen where I recorded Cozi (43.4 PSIP) and I ended up getting Escape (RF 43.4 PSIP 43.2). A reboot usually fixes it

If you look at rabbitears it might be easier to see
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.ph...&callsign=kmbd
post #3068 of 3082 Old 03-02-2017, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I wish they would have put GetTV on 25-5
Or GetTV instead of Grit. I like the music programs on Monday nights on Get
post #3069 of 3082 Old 03-05-2017, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yep, same here, I don't care about the country network but I wonder how long it will take Tivo to get the listings for Grit....
I submitted a lineup change to Tivo yesterday

(If Tivo still had Tribune/Gracenote it would have been changed already)
post #3070 of 3082 Old 03-05-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
....(If Tivo still had Tribune/Gracenote it would have been changed already)
Tell me about it
Both my Roamio's have a bug where categories keep showing up on the left side of my now playing list. I turn them off and a few days later they turn themselves back on this has been going on for a couple months, the Tivo of old would have this fixed a long time ago.....heck the Tivo of old probably would have never had the issue to begin with, mergers
post #3071 of 3082 Old 03-05-2017, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Both my Roamio's have a bug where categories keep showing up on the left side of my now playing list. I turn them off and a few days later they turn themselves back on this has been going on for a couple months, the Tivo of old would have this fixed a long time ago.....heck the Tivo of old probably would have never had the issue to begin with, mergers
hmmm the only time I see that happen on my Roamio is when it does a reboot (software update or I make it reboot). Havent seen it do that in a couple weeks now (sans the one time when it did a sofwtare update...but that is for another time to grumble......they did the reboot while it was recording)
post #3072 of 3082 Old 03-05-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
hmmm the only time I see that happen on my Roamio is when it does a reboot (software update or I make it reboot). Havent seen it do that in a couple weeks now (sans the one time when it did a sofwtare update...but that is for another time to grumble......they did the reboot while it was recording)
Yes I also have it happen if I reboot my Tivo but it's a bug where even if the Tivo hasn't rebooted it turns on the groups. I know for a fact my Tivos aren't rebooting, just a quirky bug that others seem to be experiencing too, there is a thread on TCF on it.
I've never had my Roamios reboot while recording but do occasionally have it happen with my quite old HD which probably needs to have some caps replaced
post #3073 of 3082 Old 03-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So let me throw something out here for you folks. My parents have a trailer home up in Mora right along Knife Lake. I setup an antenna for them years ago and for the most part it gets stations from the Twin Cities pretty well... except for the usual VHF suspects like FOX 9 and KARE 11. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good outdoor antenna that handles getting those pesky VHF stations with little to no issues. I do both an preamp and main amp going into the trailer as well which does help a little more so with stabilizing the UHF stations but obviously there needs to be a better VHF antenna for 9 and 11 (and perhaps even to get 43 as well).

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
post #3074 of 3082 Old 03-08-2017, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition Man View Post
So let me throw something out here for you folks. My parents have a trailer home up in Mora right along Knife Lake. I setup an antenna for them years ago and for the most part it gets stations from the Twin Cities pretty well... except for the usual VHF suspects like FOX 9 and KARE 11. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good outdoor antenna that handles getting those pesky VHF stations with little to no issues. I do both an preamp and main amp going into the trailer as well which does help a little more so with stabilizing the UHF stations but obviously there needs to be a better VHF antenna for 9 and 11 (and perhaps even to get 43 as well).
FOX 9 is on UHF and VHF. RF29 has FOX HD (9-1), My HD (9-2) and Movies! (9-3). RF9 has Buzzr (9-4) and FOX (9-9)

What antenna are you using right now? If its UHF only I would recommend a VHF add on. Something like this
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...-2476-/30-2476

or the little brother
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...-2475-/30-2475

This combiner
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...0-901D4B9B35F1
you can use to combine both before the pre-amp
post #3075 of 3082 Old 03-08-2017, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Minneapolis, MN - OTA

At the risk of possibly pointing out the obvious, make absolutely sure that they have very good quality, low loss coaxial feedline, like RG-6 or better, at every section between the antenna and the TV. There can be a lot of loss with low quality RG-59 cable. Sometimes, simply getting new cable and using the legacy antenna is all that it needed.
post #3076 of 3082 Old 03-10-2017, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I submitted a lineup change to Tivo yesterday

(If Tivo still had Tribune/Gracenote it would have been changed already)
Fixed as of late today (Friday). Did a force download/connect and now its right for the listings. Grit on 43-7 and TCN on 25-5
post #3077 of 3082 Old 03-12-2017, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Minneapolis, MN - OTA HDMI Switch

Hello Twin Cities members. I am in the market for an HDMI switch. Are all of them created equally? Should I buy locally or online? If I buy locally, where are some of the better retailers these days in the Minneapolis Saint Paul area? Is it Micro Center, Best Buy, or somewhere else? With Radio Shack's current situation, I could stop buy one of those.

If I buy online, what are some of your favorite online retailers for things of this nature? Monoprice, Ebay, Solid Signal, or somewhere else?
post #3078 of 3082 Old 03-12-2017, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
Hello Twin Cities members. I am in the market for an HDMI switch. Are all of them created equally? Should I buy locally or online? If I buy locally, where are some of the better retailers these days in the Minneapolis Saint Paul area? Is it Micro Center, Best Buy, or somewhere else? With Radio Shack's current situation, I could stop buy one of those.

If I buy online, what are some of your favorite online retailers for things of this nature? Monoprice, Ebay, Solid Signal, or somewhere else?
Here's what I bought a couple of years ago. Still working well.

As far as online retailers, I would also check out Newegg. I've always had good service from them (as with all online retailers, you need to read the descriptions and the shipping information carefully... some ships from China, but you can avoid that with your search filters.)

You may not be aware, but there is a very good online retailer located right here in the Twin Cities: My Cable Mart. You order online, and if you specify in-person pickup, you just stop by their location in Eden Prairie and they have it ready for you. They are not a retail walk-in store, their orders are online only, but you can pick up your order, usually within a couple of hours of placing the order. I recommend them (but I have not bought the item you are looking for from them; just cables... they do have HDMI switches listed, though, that look similar to the one I bought from Amazon.)

Last edited by RTPVid; 03-12-2017 at 11:55 AM.
post #3079 of 3082 Old 03-12-2017, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Minneapolis, MN - OTA

Thank you very much for that. I was completely unaware of http://www.mycablemart.com/ Thank you so much for the tip!
post #3080 of 3082 Old 03-13-2017, 09:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

well the new assignments for stations are starting to come in
http://www.nab.org/repacking/clearinghouse.asp

so far we know KSTC will move from 45 to 30. The only other full power in the area that needs to move is KPXM 41 (RF40)

Now sometime between now and 2020 this will change. There are 10 phases for stations to move and with it being 3rd it probably will be sometime next year.
worachj likes this.
post #3081 of 3082 Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition Man View Post
Demolition Man:

I can support UncleHonkey's recommendation of MCM's 30-2476 Deep Fringe VHF and there 33-2230 Signal Combiner. I have used both for dramatic reception improvement in the St. Cloud area. If your preamp has separate UHF and VHF inputs, you may not need the combiner. Good Luck
post #3082 of 3082 Old Today, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are any stations giving up their frequencies and going off the air?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page