Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #901 of 928 Old 01-16-2016, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1323 Post(s)
Liked: 2566
Threads merged. Coweta's a short shot from Bixby, so any combo pointed in that direction will accomplish your goals. Unless you have some desire to get all the other indies from the various other directions, that is.

Moved to Tulsa thread.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 928 Old 01-17-2016, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
Threads merged. Coweta's a short shot from Bixby, so any combo pointed in that direction will accomplish your goals. Unless you have some desire to get all the other indies from the various other directions, that is.

Moved to Tulsa thread.
Thank you. I think I'm going to try the antenna suggested by Calaveras and see how it does.

I was thinking of getting something like the Channel Master Metrotenna 40, but I am afraid it wouldn't be able to pick up the CW and ION channels which I watch quite a bit since they are not located on the Coweta towers.
post #903 of 928 Old 07-14-2016, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Moving to Tulsa from the country

I need antenna recommendations please!

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cb311466d85c

post #904 of 928 Old 08-18-2016, 03:56 PM

I cannot access Channel 8 at all, which is very strange?
post #905 of 928 Old 08-19-2016, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntheaH View Post
I cannot access Channel 8 at all, which is very strange?
Not strange at all really. A lot of people have problems with Channel 8. I think some of the smaller antenna don't pick up the frequency it uses. What antenna are you using?
post #906 of 928 Old 08-19-2016, 03:29 PM

Leaf

Another forum user suggested I could use just a set top antenna so I grabbed the Leaf HD which has horrible reception. I had to use a signal booster. Granted, I'm in a brick house so I gather that will cause some issues.

I hope to grab my outdoor antenna this weekend and see if that resolves the issue - I was curious as to what other issues there may be as I cannot pick up Channel 35 either. Plus PBS did not come in at all until I used the signal booster.
post #907 of 928 Old 08-19-2016, 03:52 PM

An outdoor antenna should work much better for you. I'm in Mannford and get all the channels with a big directional antenna. 35 is spotty but it's in a different direction than most of the other channels and I suspect it's a lower output signal. You shouldn't have any problems with 11 though. Those come in great for me. I'm not sure what it is about 8 but I've heard a few times where the small indoor antenna won't pick it up.
post #908 of 928 Old 08-23-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmann View Post
You shouldn't have any problems with 11 though. Those come in great for me. I'm not sure what it is about 8 but I've heard a few times where the small indoor antenna won't pick it up.
I can't pull in Channel 11 at all without the signal booster.
post #909 of 928 Old 08-29-2016, 02:14 PM

I have my outdoor antenna hooked up and I still can't pull in Channel 8.

Any suggestions?

My tvfool listing

Last edited by AntheaH; 08-29-2016 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added tvfool listing
post #910 of 928 Old 08-29-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntheaH View Post
I have my outdoor antenna hooked up and I still can't pull in Channel 8.

Any suggestions?

My tvfool listing

What antenna do you have? Did you re-scan the channels?
post #911 of 928 Old 08-29-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmann View Post
What antenna do you have? Did you re-scan the channels?
Yes

RCA Compact Outdoor Yagi HDTV Antenna
Model Number: ANT751R
post #912 of 928 Old 08-29-2016, 05:10 PM

Sorry I don't have any good ideas. Looks like that antenna should be good. I just checked and I'm getting good signal on channel 8.1 out here in Mannford. The only thing I can think of is something is ether interfering or blocking the signal where you're at.
post #913 of 928 Old 08-30-2016, 11:21 AM

Would a directional antenna be better? One that rotates to catch the signals?

I'm wondering which direction is best for me to orientate the antenna in, if there is any difference?

As you can see by my previous location, I just pointed it at the direction of Channels 11 and 8 and got all the channels I wanted.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cb245ea9c38b

I'm not sure which direction to point the antenna in now :/

Last edited by AntheaH; 08-30-2016 at 11:33 AM. Reason: added more info
post #914 of 928 Old 08-30-2016, 12:45 PM

Just so I'm on the same page, when you say Channel 8 are you referencing the real channel or the virtual channel? It can be little confusing since ABC is channel 8.1 but the real channel from tvfool list it as 10. I'm assuming you mean ABC channel 8, but just want to make sure.

The antenna type you have is pretty directional. I would try aiming your antenna at about 107-115 degrees and see what comes in. A lot of the channels are still really close to the same direction so it might be pretty good. If you have it aimed to catch most of them. The ones I would suspect might be weak would be 19.1, 35.1 and 44.1 since they are at different angles and farther away.

If you still can't get channel 8.1 you probably will need a bigger antenna. According to this site http://www.channelmaster.com/Antenna...tion-a/134.htm 8.1 is one of the weaker channels for your area. If you are able to aim to get it and then can't get the others I mentioned you might get by with an omni-directional antenna like the CM3000HD. Otherwise you might need a roof mounted directional with a rotator to get them all.
post #915 of 928 Old 02-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Sinclair has squeezed another channel onto KTUL. 8.4 is now the TBD network that Sinclair owns. Not really interested in the channel. If they insist on another subchannel, hopefully they change it to their other new network Charge!, when it launches in a couple weeks.

http://tbd.com/
post #916 of 928 Old 05-07-2017, 08:43 AM

Sometime in the last few months I have lost a bunch of channels. I'm only getting 2,8 and 11 now. Anyone else having any problems?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #917 of 928 Old 05-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

You're only getting the stations on VHF, then. Might post a link to your TVFool.com results, tell us what kind of antenna you're using, what all is in the line and so forth. (Your address will only show to you with the TVFool link. Use a link, not an image). And please use call letters as channel numbers can be confusing. Don't know if you're talking actual or virtual, though I'm assuming from your list you mean virtual. KJRH, KTUL and KOED are all transmitting on VHF (8, 10 and 11 respectively) KOTV is 45 and so on. https://www.rabbitears.info/market.p...arket&mktid=74

post #918 of 928 Old 05-07-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
You're only getting the stations on VHF, then. Might post a link to your TVFool.com results, tell us what kind of antenna you're using, what all is in the line and so forth. (Your address will only show to you with the TVFool link. Use a link, not an image). And please use call letters as channel numbers can be confusing. Don't know if you're talking actual or virtual, though I'm assuming from your list you mean virtual. KJRH, KTUL and KOED are all transmitting on VHF (8, 10 and 11 respectively) KOTV is 45 and so on. https://www.rabbitears.info/market.p...arket&mktid=74
Yes I was referring to the virtual channels. I had a lightning strike a few months ago maybe that killed the UHF circuit in my antenna. I have a Winegard HD 7080P antenna.

Oh and here's my tvfool link.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4784fdd54cb

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by truckmann; 05-07-2017 at 01:23 PM.
post #919 of 928 Old 05-07-2017, 01:46 PM

Assuming my antenna is damaged do you think this antenna would be good for my location?
http://a.co/2zw1vh1

or should I step up to the bigger one?
http://a.co/4IwETMV

or any other suggestions.
post #920 of 928 Old 05-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mannford. You can get KRMG on your dental fillings. Lovely area.

Gee. Lightning in Oklahoma.. THAT rarely happens

I'm going to assume the weather didn't spin your antenna and that it still points toward Coweta.

Something's cooked or loose. If you have any pre-amps or combiners, check those. Otherwise, walk back the cabling looking for damage or corroded connections. Better still, if nothing else seems amiss, replace the whole cable run.

Unless portions of your antenna are melted, I'd suspect something else. VHF is more likely to find its way through corroded connections, fried joiners and so forth. The higher the frequency, the less it takes to foul it.

Last edited by DrDon; 05-07-2017 at 01:58 PM.
post #921 of 928 Old 05-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Mannford. You can get KRMG on your dental fillings. Lovely area.

Gee. Lightning in Oklahoma.. THAT rarely happens

I'm going to assume the weather didn't spin your antenna and that it still points toward Coweta.

Something's cooked or loose. If you have any pre-amps or combiners, check those. Otherwise, walk back the cabling looking for damage or corroded connections. Better still, if nothing else seems amiss, replace the whole cable run.

Unless portions of your antenna are melted, I'd suspect something else. VHF is more likely to find its way through corroded connections, fried joiners and so forth. The higher the frequency, the less it takes to foul it.
I'll look through it all good. My pre-amp is in the attic and it is also my splitter to send the signal to 2 different tv's. I have another splitter outside that sends signals to another building when I decide to hook it up. The amp seemed fine. The power light is on and I didn't gain anything when I switched it out for another one I have. Didn't see any noticeable damage to the antenna and it's still pointed where it's always been.
post #922 of 928 Old 08-10-2017, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Living in west side of BA (house faces SW) and can't seem to find a decent indoor antenna that can grab all the locals. I just tried the Terk Trinity and I got most channels but 2 and 8 are my tougher ones. If I move antenna to get 8.1, I lost channel 2.1, if I move antenna again, I lose 8.1 but get 5 bars for 2.1. Very frustrating.

Anyone have a suggestion for a decent amplified antenna that won't break the back? Like to stay around $50.
post #923 of 928 Old 08-10-2017, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTV View Post
Living in west side of BA (house faces SW) and can't seem to find a decent indoor antenna that can grab all the locals. I just tried the Terk Trinity and I got most channels but 2 and 8 are my tougher ones. If I move antenna to get 8.1, I lost channel 2.1, if I move antenna again, I lose 8.1 but get 5 bars for 2.1. Very frustrating.

Anyone have a suggestion for a decent amplified antenna that won't break the back? Like to stay around $50.
Trouble with indoor antennas is all the multipath and interference issues inside a home.

First, PM me the LINK to your TVFool report (I'll edit it into your post since you can't, yet) and a little information about your setup. I haven't lived there in a while, but I'd think you're close enough to Coweta regular rabbit ears (forget gimmicky antennas) would get everything from that antenna farm.

You have three VHFs and from what you're telling me, those are the ones giving you fits. Figures, given that V's more prone to multipath and interference than U. You could get a $15 set of rabbit ears and try that. Telescoping and moveable VHF elements makes reducing multipath issues easier). Simple answer without seeing your report is to stick a small combo either on the roof or the side of the house and aim it at Coweta. If you need any of the indie stations coming from other directions, that will complicate things.

post #924 of 928 Old 08-10-2017, 08:55 AM

Thanks for the info.

I don't want to overthink it all and I did try rabbit ears (wife hates them) and I can get pretty decent signals but I think I'm going to get a Clearstream Eclipse since it gets high ratings from what I've seen.

Roof mounting or any other outdoor mount option won't fly since I don't want to have to punch holes in the wall and deal with all the wiring needed.

Thanks again.
post #925 of 928 Old 08-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

"High ratings" mean nothing as everyone's situation is different. What works great in Bixby might be terrible in Colorado Springs. What works great in Catoosa might be terrible in Broken Arrow.

Again, your issue is with VHF stations and the Eclipse is designed for UHF. But try it if you like. Just keep receipts.

post #926 of 928 Old 08-10-2017, 09:40 AM

Oh I've learned long ago to keep receipts. lol

I've gone thru a small handful of these darn OTA antennas over the years and one day hoping to find the one that works well.
post #927 of 928 Old 08-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTV View Post
Oh I've learned long ago to keep receipts. lol

I've gone thru a small handful of these darn OTA antennas over the years and one day hoping to find the one that works well.
HA. I have you beat. I've always been on a mission to get adjacent markets wherever I live, so I have quite a collection of aluminum. Roof or attic, if the signal comes anywhere near me, I find some way to grab it

post #928 of 928 Old 08-18-2017, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Tulsa, OK - HDTV

I gave up on recommending indoor antennas. Its much easier to put a VHF/UHF antenna in attic or outside and be done with it. I had mine in the attic at my old house over near 101st/Aspen and it worked great for years.

Last year I bought a new house and moved a few miles down the road and I currently just have it on the corner of my patio on a pole outside with a tripod mount that I used to put a satellite dish on when tailgating. I'll move it to the attic later this fall when it hopefully cools off again.

It's a little more trouble to pull a cable once, but after that just aim toward the transmitters out along the turnpike and Coweta maybe fine tune it a little and you're done with it. I put them in the attics at my dads house near 81st/ Garnett and my sisters house near NSUBA years ago and haven't touched them since.
DrDon likes this.

Last edited by osu1991; 08-18-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page