Old 01-24-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpcgeek View Post

My Tivo Elite shipped today. Here is hoping you get this figured out for us current and future Tivo owners.

I want to hear all about your Elite experience after you've had it a few weeks, I have yet to find or get a response on the TiVo Comm Forum from anyone running an Elite with a Cisco Tuning Adapter. Cisco also has a newer firmware but Cox is still at F.1402 while the newest is F.1501 which supposedly fixes a TA rebooting issue when using 4 Tuners.

I am debating an Elite purchase but, I still see too many users reporting rebooting issues, and other issues.

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

I am debating an Elite purchase but, I still see too many users reporting rebooting issues, and other issues.

But its great to spend $450+ to be a beta tester.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Seven TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Two Amazon Fire Sticks, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
Old 01-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Did you ever call about the Plus Package channels. I have had them added to my account, but have never been able to get anyone who knows how to Authorize them. I have spoken with over 10 employees, had to educate most of them, and after a trip to a supervisor came back and said "Yes we can do that"

No attempt at pairing and repairing and removing and re-adding and sending hits has gotten them Authorized.

Hmm, yeah it wasn't a problem. Played dumb consumer - hey, I have HBO, shouldn't I get all these new stations? Why yes you should let me add them to your account. Took about 5 minutes.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Cisco also has a newer firmware but Cox is still at F.1402 while the newest is F.1501 which supposedly fixes a TA rebooting issue when using 4 Tuners.

I've had some sporadic reboots on my TA (1402FW) but really not very many.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Well, I'm here at the cox store scheduling my Trio install (2rooms).
They are clueless as I'm the first customer to request it since it quietly went live on the 19th. 8am Friday I'll the trio guinea pig.

Built a new home, now filling it with sights and sounds!
Old 01-25-2012, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasRaven View Post

Well, I'm here at the cox store scheduling my Trio install (2rooms).
They are clueless as I'm the first customer to request it since it quietly went live on the 19th. 8am Friday I'll the trio guinea pig.

They are doing a very soft launch since there is nothing on their web site about it. Until I went to the web site I didn't realize we have two new HD channels, TruTV and TCM.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Seven TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Two Amazon Fire Sticks, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
Old 01-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

They are doing a very soft launch since there is nothing on their web site about it. Until I went to the web site I didn't realize we have two new HD channels, TruTV and TCM.

Indeed, they also confirmed that we have Cox Economy TV available as well.
If comes with locals+most of the basic cable channels-ESPN, BRAVO, and other specialized networks.

Built a new home, now filling it with sights and sounds!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I went into the Cox store today to pick up a CableCard and tuning adapter. The tuning adapter is huge, with a huge power brick. Its almost the size of a non-dvr cable box. I don't know where the heck I am going put it in my rack, I have limited space.

I mentioned that I had heard that the new WH DVR was out and they offered to give me a demo and tell me about all of the great features.

They are also really pushing the new lighted remotes. They had stacks of them at each counter. I asked for one and she asked if I was sure I didn't want more.

Of course as with every time I go to a Cox store I wind up having to call to have something fixed. I had to call tonight because when she added the CableCard to my account she removed the DVR service from my account. I couldn't list or record any shows on my DVR.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Of course as with every time I go to a Cox store I wind up having to call to have something fixed. I had to call tonight because when she added the CableCard to my account she removed the DVR service from my account. I couldn't list or record any shows on my DVR.

This happens to me Every Time too. Do they train anyone? I never leave a Cox store without a receipt anymore, because they do not remove the old returned equipment from my account.

On another note, Cox rolled a Tech today to attempt to get the Plus Package channels Authorized, on my TiVo, the Tech did not even know what they were, he replaced the Tuning Adapter, was here over 1.5 hours and left with them still not working. Again where's the training? Maybe the next call will be the charm.

Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
Old 01-30-2012, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlatkins View Post

Hmm, yeah it wasn't a problem. Played dumb consumer - hey, I have HBO, shouldn't I get all these new stations? Why yes you should let me add them to your account. Took about 5 minutes.

Carl, I have not yet seen a report of anyone getting the Plus Package channels Authorized yet in Phoenix on a TiVo Premiere. Cox cannot get mine to work either.

You are getting a picture on the following, Would you also go into the Diagnostics and report what the CCI Byte is 0x00 or 0x02

1101 - Hub HD (Bonus Pak also required)
1133 - DIY HD (Variety Pak also required)
1134 - Cooking Channel HD (Variety Pak also required)
1161 - Outdoor Channel HD (Sports and Info Pak also required)
1900 - SWRV HD (Variety Pak also required)

1202 - HBO Signature HD
1203 - HBO Family HD
1204 - HBO Comedy HD
1205 - HBO Zone HD
1210 - HBO East HD
1211 - HBO2 East HD

Old 01-30-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:

...on a TiVo Premiere. Cox cannot get mine to work either.

I don't have a Tivo Premiere - I use Windows Media Center but all those channels are 0x01 like everything else.

Also, I didn't have to call about the non-HBO stations; they worked the same day they appeared in the channel map and guide.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Carl, I have not yet seen a report of anyone getting the Plus Package channels Authorized yet in Phoenix on a TiVo Premiere. Cox cannot get mine to work either.

No go for me tonight. The answer from Sales was we don't do it, you have to have our whole house DVR.

Just called again and talked to a supervisor. He absolutely refuses to add the channels to my account unless I have the WHDVR. When I told him this was a violation of FCC policy to require me to rent their equipment to received channels I can tune with my CableCard device he told me to file a complaint with the FCC.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

You should file a complaint. The FCC will almost certainly side with you, and even if they don't, it'll still be a huge pain in the ass for Cox to deal with. The FCC doesn't appear to give half a crap about broadcast TV these days, but they do seem interested in making CableCard work.

https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/f...orm_type=2000E
Old 01-31-2012, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Cablecard discrimination?

My favorite toy
Old 01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No go for me tonight. The answer from Sales was we don't do it, you have to have our whole house DVR.

Just called again and talked to a supervisor. He absolutely refuses to add the channels to my account unless I have the WHDVR. When I told him this was a violation of FCC policy to require me to rent their equipment to received channels I can tune with my CableCard device he told me to file a complaint with the FCC.

Just called tech support again on a whim. Spoke to a Jennifer that says what sales told me is total BS. That all of their documentation states that we should be receiving them, but that the computer isn't taking taking the codes. She said she was working on this with another customer from last week, that you Bryan?

At least I (we) have someone on the case that might get to the bottom of this. She has my contact info and will get back to me when a solution is found. She's going to talk to CA Cox tech to see if anyone has an answer.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Support for Plus Package on CableCARD devices in Arizona is being worked on, I have it from several good sources. "carlatkins" already said he received them on his Ceton InfiniTV4 w/ WMC. There is an issue that TiVO is also aware of with the MPEG4 format. Keep in mind all other Cox markets are still MPEG2.

Be patient and give Cox a few weeks to work out the details. I could be wrong, but I do not think any other US cable provider is currently using MPEG4 for the distribution of linear channels. AZ is Cox's first test market for MPEG4.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Not Jennifer, But Janice - Tempe Team Leader.

Most everyone I have talked to in AZ, Omaha, California, New England have all been able to find the new CableCARD rules after they started looking at their latest bulletins.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

@ kingpcgeek
BTW - How did the CC and TA install go on the new TiVo Elite?

Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Be patient and give Cox a few weeks to work out the details. I could be wrong, but I do not think any other US cable provider is currently using MPEG4 for the distribution of linear channels. AZ is Cox's first test market for MPEG4.

I can be patient, I don't have a problem with that. I just didn't like the answer I received from the sales supervisor that said no way could they be added to a Tivo, that you MUST get the whole house dvr.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

@ kingpcgeek
BTW - How did the CC and TA install go on the new TiVo Elite?

Perfect.
  • Installed CC and it instantly did a 30 minute download and update to the card. This was a Cox update, not Tivo update
  • Called to activate it, took less then 5 minutes.
  • She offered to hold on while Tivo did the rest of the setup after being activated so we could do the T/A. It was late so I said I would call back later.
  • Plugged in the T/A this morning before work.
  • Called when I got home to activate it, took 30 seconds to activate.

The longest part of the process was the time between buying a subscription on tivo.com and the Tivo actually being "Tivo" activated. That took about an hour.

Its really cool looking at the front panel and see two red recording indicators and being able to watch a third (or fourth) channel. Its pretty slick how it lets you jump between all four tuners at will.

The one thing I will miss, which seems silly. A clock. I might have to head over to Sprawl-Mart to pickup a small one to set in my equipment rack.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:

Support for Plus Package on CableCARD devices in Arizona is being worked on, I have it from several good sources.

The tech add "HD HBO+" to my account when I called.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The tech add "HD HBO+" to my account when I called.

Not sure what HD HBO+ is supposed to mean. Can you tune any of the channels below, they comprise the Plus Package?

1101 The Hub HD
1133 DIY HD
1134 Cooking Channel HD
1161 Outdoor Channel HD
1202 HBO Signature HD
1203 HBO Family HD
1204 HBO Comedy HD
1205 HBO Zone HD
1210 HBO East HD
1211 HBO2 East HD
1212 HBO Latino HD
1222 Action Max HD
1223 Thriller Max HD
1225 Cinemax East HD
1226 MoreMax East HD
1230 5 Star Max HD
1242 Showcase HD
1243 Showtime Extreme HD
1251 TMC Xtra HD
1262 Starz InBlack HD
1263 Starz East HD
1264 Starz Kids & Family HD
1265 Starz Cinema HD
1266 Starz Comedy HD
1900 SWRV HD

Old 02-01-2012, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not sure what HD HBO+ is supposed to mean.

HD HBO+ is the Billing line item for the HBO Plus Package Channels
HD SHO+ is the Billing line item for the SHO Plus Package Channels
HD STARZ+ is the Billing line item for the Starz Plus Package Channels

Old 02-01-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:

Not sure what HD HBO+ is supposed to mean. Can you tune any of the channels below, they comprise the Plus Package?

1101 The Hub HD
1133 DIY HD
1134 Cooking Channel HD
1161 Outdoor Channel HD
1202 HBO Signature HD
1203 HBO Family HD
1204 HBO Comedy HD
1205 HBO Zone HD
1210 HBO East HD
1211 HBO2 East HD
1212 HBO Latino HD
1222 Action Max HD
1223 Thriller Max HD
1225 Cinemax East HD
1226 MoreMax East HD
1230 5 Star Max HD
1242 Showcase HD
1243 Showtime Extreme HD
1251 TMC Xtra HD
1262 Starz InBlack HD
1263 Starz East HD
1265 Starz Cinema HD
1266 Starz Comedy HD
1900 SWRV HD

I have Windows Media Center and an InfiniTV 4; when I tune any of those channels I get audio, but no video (black screen). I subscribe to Starz, but when I tune any Starz channels from this "Plus Package" I get a "Subscription Required" message. Is the "Plus Package" the MPEG 4 trial someone mentioned ? Any reason they shouldn't be working with my CableCARD PC ?? Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

See the following Post where a Cox Phoenix user with a SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME and WMC is getting the HBO Plus Package channels. I would assume the Ceton InfiniTV 4 should also. The problem child seems to be TiVo Premiere. BTW you do need to contact Cox and request the Plus Package channels, but they are free to CableCARD users.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r268...are-authorized

If by chance the Ceton InfiniTV 4 does not receive them properly send a PM to Eric Kotz, Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/member.php?u=62453

Old 02-02-2012, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
So it sounds like Cox is trying to go to an all MPEG4 system to make room for more HD channels?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:

See the following Post where a Cox Phoenix user with a SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME and WMC is getting the HBO Plus Package channels. I would assume the Ceton InfiniTV 4 should also. The problem child seems to be TiVo Premiere. BTW you do need to contact Cox and request the Plus Package channels, but they are free to CableCARD users.

Thanks! I think it's odd that for the 11xx channels I get audio with a black screen though; I would think I'd get "Subscription Required" for all of these. Also on my Cox-issued HD cable box (not DVR) these channels do not appear in the guide and cannot be typed in manually either. I guess I'll just give them a call and request the Plus Package and see what happens!

On an unrelated note, anyone know what the deal is with Cox and 3D ? From what I can tell it's only channel 700, and every time I've tuned to it nothing is on. It does not appear in the guide either.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daidavel View Post

Also on my Cox-issued HD cable box (not DVR) these channels do not appear in the guide and cannot be typed in manually either.

They never will with older cable boxes. They are not capable of tuning the Plus channels. You need one of the newest, just released boxes to get the Plus channels or we keep hoping a CableCard device.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:

1101 The Hub HD
1133 DIY HD
1134 Cooking Channel HD
1161 Outdoor Channel HD
1202 HBO Signature HD
1203 HBO Family HD
1204 HBO Comedy HD
1205 HBO Zone HD
1210 HBO East HD
1211 HBO2 East HD
1212 HBO Latino HD
1222 Action Max HD
1223 Thriller Max HD
1225 Cinemax East HD
1226 MoreMax East HD
1230 5 Star Max HD
1242 Showcase HD
1243 Showtime Extreme HD
1251 TMC Xtra HD
1262 Starz InBlack HD
1263 Starz East HD
1265 Starz Cinema HD
1266 Starz Comedy HD
1900 SWRV HD

As Bryan noted HD HBO+ is the billing line item for the HBO Plus Package. I could *not* receive the additional HBO stations until I had that added to my account.

I do not subscribe to Starz/Showtime/Cinemax so I can't speak to those.

The others:
1101 The Hub HD
1133 DIY HD
1134 Cooking Channel HD
1161 Outdoor Channel HD

Were all tunable as soon as I received an updated channel map and guide data. No call or provisioning required on Cox's or my part.

I don't believe there is a "Plus Package" despite what it says on Cox's website. I believe each set of channels (HBO, SHO, etc...) has their own separate "Plus Package" so probably because I subscribe to the other bonus (Variety, Sports, Bonus) packages I get 1101, 1133, 1134, 1161.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't believe there is a "Plus Package" despite what it says on Cox's website. I believe each set of channels (HBO, SHO, etc...) has their own separate "Plus Package" so probably because I subscribe to the other bonus (Variety, Sports, Bonus) packages I get 1101, 1133, 1134, 1161.

I subscribe to everything, they are all tuneable, but not authorized. Jennifer a tech out of the Deer Valley office emailed me that she was able to get the system to accept the proper codes on my account, but still not authorized. I guess us TiVo users have to wait.

About 15 minutes ago I received a customer survey. Because of my experience with sales I gave it a failing score. Last question was we see you gave us a low score, would you like someone to call to follow up with you? We'll see if they call.