2Likes

post #10381 of 11228 Old 03-31-2012, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat View Post

Maybe it's fixed by now, but I am not seeing this at all in Central Phoenix.

Is this still happening at your location?

No, the ABC 15 issue I mentioned here looks like it's been fixed, for maybe about a week now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10382 of 11228 Old 04-04-2012, 11:17 PM

I live in Goodyear and I'm going to cut the cable cord soon. Is there a thread for Phoenix area cord cutters and if not is there a general cord cutting thread in the forum anywhere?

Thanks.
post #10383 of 11228 Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Hi All...I am hoping someone can help help. I cut the cord about 6 months ago and LOVE it, (I use a Roku box for streaming) and a OTA Antenna for local channels. I installed a Antennacraft® AC9 VHF/UHF/FM HDTV Antenna from Radio Shack. I receive every single channel except channel 61. I am in Tempe (48th Street and Baseline area) and according to antennaweb.org the tower is 6 miles away on South Mountain. What gets me, is that Channel 3 comes in crystal clear (and of course all the Trinity and Spanish channels). CW is the only one I can not receive. It says it is at a 236 degree direction. My antenna is at that on the dot. Is it just a cheap antenna? Oh, it is a single story house, mounted on the side of the house with a 10 foot mass. Should I increase the mass to 20 feet or should I just get a new antenna? Any suggestion on what type of antenna I should get? The two TV's I have are digital TV's, so, no external box for the digital portion.

Thanks!
post #10384 of 11228 Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM

"I live in Goodyear and I'm going to cut the cable cord soon. Is there a thread for Phoenix area cord cutters and if not is there a general cord cutting thread in the forum anywhere?

Thanks."

Xchair

Congrats man, best thing my wife and I ever did. Get a Roku box, stream your TV and buy an Antenna for local stuff, we went from 200 bucks a months to a little under 60 (internet and Netflix, Hulu etc)....love it...no more BS with Cox...
post #10385 of 11228 Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyl16 View Post

I receive every single channel except channel 61. I am in Tempe (48th Street and Baseline area) and according to antennaweb.org the tower is 6 miles away on South Mountain. What gets me, is that Channel 3 comes in crystal clear (and of course all the Trinity and Spanish channels). CW is the only one I can not receive. It says it is at a 236 degree direction.

Do you have any direct control to tune by RF channel, or is it all by virtual channel? Ch. 61 is a virtual channel, as TV is no longer allowed to operate in that frequency band. Their actual RF channel is 49. If you can get Daystar/JTV (RF 46/Virt. 48.1, 58.1), the KFPB Spanish-language cluster (RF 50/Virt. 50.1-6), and the Ion stations (RF 51/Virt. 51.1-3), then you're in the neighborhood. Currently, all of Phoenix's digital stations transmit from the antenna cluster atop South Mtn., so if you get one, you should get all. I've never had problems at 40th St. & Baseline.
post #10386 of 11228 Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 PM

[quote=dhett;21873770]Do you have any direct control to tune by RF channel, or is it all by virtual channel? Ch. 61 is a virtual channel, as TV is no longer allowed to operate in that frequency band. Their actual RF channel is 49. If you can get Daystar/JTV (RF 46/Virt. 48.1, 58.1), the KFPB Spanish-language cluster (RF 50/Virt. 50.1-6), and the Ion stations (RF 51/Virt. 51.1-3), then you're in the neighborhood. Currently, all of Phoenix's digital stations transmit from the antenna cluster atop South Mtn., so if you get one, you should get all. I've never had problems at 40th St. & Baseline.

I get the Ion channels, I do not get the Daystar/JTV or the KFPB. All my channels are the virt channels 3.1,3.2,5.1,5.2 etc..
post #10387 of 11228 Old 04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Cox AZ has changed the following network feeds from East Coast to Pacific. It does not appear the DVR Series Manager is making the correction, New Series passes may need to be set up.

1028 - USAHD feed changed to USAHDP (Pacific)
1050 - SYFYHD feed changed to SYFYHDP (Pacific)
1060 - BRAVOHD feed changed to BRAVOHP (Pacific)
1128 - HMCHD feed changed to HMCHDP (Pacific)

Programming on the above channels now air 3 hours later than before, which sucks, because now the channels fall into Primetime creating recording conflicts, were as before new shows would air at 6pm, before Primetime.

http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/ariz...v-listings.cox

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #10388 of 11228 Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 AM

I missed this network feed change until today when I noticed a couple of USAHD recordings failed. It appears that none of the four channels work for me anymore, although their SD versions work. I spent some time with a Cox CableCARD CSR who did everything he could (hits, un-pairing, re-pairing, even removed one of my CCs and re-entered it from scratch) but nothing worked. I have three CCs and all of them seem dead to these channels while all others come in fine.

Anyone else have this problem? Would a feed change involve a change in frequency the channels are on messing up the CC channel map? I have a TiVo HD and a PC running Media Center with an old ATi DCT and a new Hauppauge twin-tuner
post #10389 of 11228 Old 04-15-2012, 01:51 AM
AVS Special Member

My TiVo Premiere required just refreshing the Season Passes, by opening them and re-saving them without making any changes.

My Cox DVR 8240HDC required creating new Series Recordings and deleting the old ones.

Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #10390 of 11228 Old 04-17-2012, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
USAHD is working for my on HD Homerun Prime and Cox. What other channels are not working?
post #10391 of 11228 Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyl16 View Post

Hi All...I am hoping someone can help help. I cut the cord about 6 months ago and LOVE it, (I use a Roku box for streaming) and a OTA Antenna for local channels. I installed a Antennacraft® AC9 VHF/UHF/FM HDTV Antenna from Radio Shack. I receive every single channel except channel 61. I am in Tempe (48th Street and Baseline area) and according to antennaweb.org the tower is 6 miles away on South Mountain. What gets me, is that Channel 3 comes in crystal clear (and of course all the Trinity and Spanish channels). CW is the only one I can not receive. It says it is at a 236 degree direction. My antenna is at that on the dot. Is it just a cheap antenna? Oh, it is a single story house, mounted on the side of the house with a 10 foot mass. Should I increase the mass to 20 feet or should I just get a new antenna? Any suggestion on what type of antenna I should get? The two TV's I have are digital TV's, so, no external box for the digital portion.

Thanks!

From your location you should not necessarily need a better antenna; you have line of sight and are very close. There certainly is enough signal level there, although signal level does not paint the whole picture for reception of DTV.

We must assume that you have done channel scans on both sets. How old are they? The newer the better the tuners are.

It is a small possibility that you have too much signal. This can be checked by putting an inexpensive 2-way or 4-way splitter in the line to attenuate the signal 4-8 dB (be sure it is rated to at least 600 MHz). You could even buy a splitter or attenuator from RatShack and take it back if it doesn't help. Not a likely fix, but the easiest to do; you might as well eliminate that possibility.

The larger possibility is that you are in a destructive interference node for the particular frequency that CW is on (can't recall--is it 49? Try tuning 49 directly). This happens when the signal bounces off of an object and reaches the antenna out of phase with the direct signal, effectively canceling it out. THis phenomenon is frequency-dependent, which is why it can affect one channel and leave the others untouched (they may have nodes at other locations).

The good news there is you normally only have to move the antenna 6-12 feet in any direction to move out of the node. If you can see S. Mt. from the ground, you could actually "war drive" the property and walk around with a long lead from the antenna while you hold it pointing to S Mt and have it connected to the TV while tuned to that channel. A helper talking to you on your cell phone can make this work better. If you have line of sight, height should not be an issue (and a taller mast will likely not help, but that is also one other way of moving out of the node.)

If that doesn't work you could try other locations on the roof (be careful--falls and electrocution are a reality; we want to keep you safe).

If none of that works you may just have a lot of multipath interference at your location, and that would indeed take a better antenna. The one I recommend is the Channel Master 4228HD which is a small but very directional and powerful antenna. It is a UHF-only antenna, about $60, but it also can receive the upper VHF band fairly well (you need that for 8, 10, and 12).

The antenna you have is average, and this one is about as good as it gets, spec-wise, which I can also attest to firsthand; we have one in a very reflection-rich environment in urban Phoenix and it works like a champ. Just remember that a better antenna is not a guarantee of better reception for your particular issue. Be sure you can return the antenna if you want to minimize the risk, although if you can't return it you can at least know you are getting better reception on everything else, which can mean more reliability on the channels you do get.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
post #10392 of 11228 Old 04-18-2012, 04:37 PM

I called sales and told them I was a subscriber to HBO/Cinemax but I am not receiving the HBO Plus channels (1202 - 1205 and 1210-1212)-she cold transferred me to tech support who had no idea what these channels are. I was put on hold and she came back and said I have to have the Trio package or a cablecard dvr. I have the SA8240HDC, is this not a cablecard unit? Am I getting a straight story from them?
post #10393 of 11228 Old 04-18-2012, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

CableCARD as in an HDHomeRun PRIME, Ceton, or Hauppauge PC-based tuner. The 8240 doesn't support MPEG4 or 1GHz tuning, both of which are needed for Plus Pack channels.
post #10394 of 11228 Old 04-19-2012, 03:47 AM
AVS Special Member

All TiVo Premiere models should support the Plus Package HD channels with the software update that TiVo will start rolling out next week.

post #10395 of 11228 Old 04-19-2012, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
For those with DirecTV, they added E! HD today, channel 236. Rumor is more basic HD is on the way.
post #10396 of 11228 Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Cox updated the Cisco Tuning Adapter Firmware this morning,

FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1402 (added 6 Tuner capability, FCC Mandate) May 27, 2011
and Image File Version: 1.0.0.1402

To:
FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601 (fixes from F.1501, plus ????) Jan 31, 2012
and Image File Version: 1.0.0.1601

Cox AZ bypassed FW version F.1501 which fixed stability and rebooting issues when using 4 tuners

post #10397 of 11228 Old 04-19-2012, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

All TiVo Premiere models should support the Plus Package HD channels with the software update that TiVo will start rolling out next week.

That would be wonderful. I'm tired of my TiVo trying to record Game of Thrones on HBO HD East even though I have the channel set as one I don't receive.

Quote:

Cox updated the Cisco Tuning Adapter Firmware this morning,

So that is why my Tivo was sitting on the tuning adapter screen this morning.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Seven TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Two Amazon Fire Sticks, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
post #10398 of 11228 Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Cox H.264 Plus Package HD Channels on TiVo Premieres have been Fixed w/ 20.2.1.1 that started rolling out today.

RE: The "Spring Update" SW Vers. 20.2.1.1-01-2

I am VERY happy to confirm the issue with the Cox H.264 Plus Package HD Channels have been Fixed with the latest SW release.

Note: You still need to call Cox @ 877-820-8202 to have the Plus Pak channels added to your account. ask for HBO+, SHO+, Starz+, and/or Cinemax+

post #10399 of 11228 Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

On or about June 19, 2012 Cox is making the following changes to our lineup:

CHANNEL LAUNCHES:
Disney Jr. will launch on Ch 127 (as part of the Variety Pak),
Hallmark Movie Channel will launch on Ch 128 (as part of the Movie Pak),
Cartoon Network will launch on Ch 426 (as part of the Latino Pak),
Nicktoons will launch on Ch 427 (as part of the Latino Pak).

CHANNEL MOVES:
TV Guide Channel will move from Ch 97 to Ch 74 (as part of Cox TV Essential).
With this move TV Guide Channel will become a full screen product and the scrolling guide will no longer be available.
Additionally a CableCARD or digital receiver will be needed to view the channel.

KFPH-CA Telefutura will move from Ch 54 to Ch 97 (as part of Cox TV Starter),
KFPH-CA Telefutura HD will move from Ch 1054 to Ch 1097 (as part of Cox TV Starter HD),
TBS will move from channel 16 to Ch 54 (as part of Cox TV Essential).
With this move TBS will move from Starter TV to the Expanded level of service.
TBS HD will move from Ch 1016 to Ch 1054 (as part of Cox TV Essential HD).
With this move TBS will move from Starter HD to the Expanded HD level of service.

OTHER CHANNEL CHANGES: Customers should call Cox and complain about these Tier Moves.
Biography SD (cH 135) & Biography HD (Ch 1135) move from the Variety Pak to the Sports & Information Pak,
H2 SD (Ch 136) & H2 HD (Ch 1136) will move from the Variety Pak to the Sports & Information Pak.
Hallmark Movie Channel HD will move from the Variety Pak to the Movie Pak.

post #10400 of 11228 Old 05-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

CHANNEL MOVES:

TBS will move from channel 16 to Ch 54 (as part of Cox TV Essential).
With this move TBS will move from Starter TV to the Expanded level of service.
TBS HD will move from Ch 1016 to Ch 1054 (as part of Cox TV Essential HD).
With this move TBS will move from Starter HD to the Expanded HD level of service.

I guess this also means that TBS-HD in the clear via QAM will end as well.
post #10401 of 11228 Old 06-03-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:

What is going on at KSAZ Fox 10? Looks like every commercial and many non Prime Time programming is not in HD, and a very poor quality SD. I haven't watched Fox in a while so not sure how long it has been going on.

Even the News last night and right now is fairly grainy.

I also noticed that it isn't broadcast in stereo any more. The only audio channels I get on my receiver are Center and Subwoofer.
post #10402 of 11228 Old 06-03-2012, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is Cox going to put anything on channels 16 and 18?
post #10403 of 11228 Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 AM

Hello,

I'm located in N Phoenix and i'm trying to add KAZT as Windows media center isn't adding it automatically. When I go to add the channel, WIndows is asking for the assigned frequency - I tried looking online but I am confused at what this means ( is this 15?). Would anyone be able to provide any additional info?

In the meantime - I tried adding the channel and 15 for frequency. Windows shows a strong signal but nothing shows up when tuned into the channel.

Thanks in advance for the help!
post #10404 of 11228 Old 06-17-2012, 04:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
An expert on Media Center will have to chime in here, but the assigned frequency could be 36, depending on what it is asking for exactly.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #10405 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Almost three months and no posts?

Its like when you come home from school one day and discover that your parents have moved to Florida without you. eek.gif

OK, now I get it; something went screwy with my browser. I have been checking this thread regularly, and had not seen a new post since 3-31. Now that I posted, everything is back to "normal".

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
post #10406 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 02:34 PM

I have a HD Homerun Prime with Cox. On 2 computers I can tune 1027 FX HD, but on two other computers FX HD does not show up in the guide or tune. Does anyone know how to manually add a cable card channel in MCE?
post #10407 of 11228 Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

When did you lose FXHD? Zap2it (Tribune Media) erroneously changed the listings from FXPHD (Pacific) to FXHD (East) on April 28th, and then back to FXPHD (Pacific) about 5 days later. This could have messed up your channel line up.

Does 1027 - FXHD show up in the HDHR Prime Set-Up utility and is the Channel Enabled?
Does 1027 - FXHD show up in the HDHR Prime Browser based CableCARD Menu utility, under Channel List? Select All channels, If not rescan using "Detect Channels"

Make sure the Channel is checked in Windows Media Center: From the main WMC screen, click Tasks, then Settings, then TV, then Guide, then Edit Channels

Today CoxAZ added channel 107 - DisneyJr, (to the Variety Pak), does it show up in your line-up? If not do a Manual Guide Update.

Here are a few other suggestions.
From the HDHR Prime Set-Up utility, Go through the set-up process again by Selecting United States and then reenter your Zip code, and rescan.
Go back to the HDHR Prime Browser utility and rescan.

Tuning Adapter Reset:
1. Unplug the USB of the TA to the Prime
2. Unplug the AC to the TA (not the Prime)
3. Wait three minutes
4. Plug in the Power to the TA BUT NOT the USB
5. Wait three minutes. The TA should on it's own acquire its IP address (changes in the rate of flashing of the green led from slow to fast).
6. Plug in the USB to the Prime from the TA
7. See if the log shows the TA as discovered and running.

post #10408 of 11228 Old 06-20-2012, 12:32 AM

I ran tuner setup again in MCE, and that fixed the problem with FXHD.
post #10409 of 11228 Old 06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post

Hello,
I'm located in N Phoenix and i'm trying to add KAZT as Windows media center isn't adding it automatically. When I go to add the channel, WIndows is asking for the assigned frequency - I tried looking online but I am confused at what this means ( is this 15?). Would anyone be able to provide any additional info?
In the meantime - I tried adding the channel and 15 for frequency. Windows shows a strong signal but nothing shows up when tuned into the channel.
Thanks in advance for the help!

going to guess that you are talking about using WMC and OTA, not cable.
If so, then yes KAZT transmits on channel 36 and will virtual identify as 7.1 and so forth...but make sure it's "KAZT-CA" not "KAZT-DT or just "KAZT" which is the Prescott transmitter which transmits on channel 7.

Hope this helps.
post #10410 of 11228 Old 06-25-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles O View Post

going to guess that you are talking about using WMC and OTA, not cable.
If so, then yes KAZT transmits on channel 36 and will virtual identify as 7.1 and so forth...but make sure it's "KAZT-CA" not "KAZT-DT or just "KAZT" which is the Prescott transmitter which transmits on channel 7.
Hope this helps.

Hello,

Yes, I am talking about WMC and OTA...

OK so 7.1 is channel 36?

In looking at the guide, 7.1 says KAZT-DT. So im guessing i'll have to change 7.1 to KAZT-CA?

Thanks for helping with my confusion smile.gif
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception