Phoenix, AZ - HDTV - Page 379 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #11341 of 11345 Old 05-20-2015, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Re the video clip. I haven't noticed anything like that though I'm in Georgia at the moment, so I can check one of my recordings. I'll try to look for it once I get back home sometime next month.

Re the overages. I seem to recall a survey I took about that, but I don't recall seeing what you posted. I doubt it will affect me and that's all I'll say on the subject, don't want to start something.

Cheers, Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11342 of 11345 Old 05-21-2015, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
Re the overages. I seem to recall a survey I took about that, but I don't recall seeing what you posted. I doubt it will affect me and that's all I'll say on the subject, don't want to start something.
I checked my "quota" against recent history. We are on Premier and do a fair amount of streaming (Netflix, Amazon, MLB.tv). The highest I got was March when I used about 1/3 of the quota, due to a lot of spring training games.

Paul
post #11343 of 11345 Old 05-21-2015, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I checked my "quota" against recent history. We are on Premier and do a fair amount of streaming (Netflix, Amazon, MLB.tv). The highest I got was March when I used about 1/3 of the quota, due to a lot of spring training games.

I hit about 240Gb in March, probably due to some new Netflix originals, other months were much lower.

Cheers, Dave

Last edited by DoubleDAZ; 05-22-2015 at 03:09 AM.
post #11344 of 11345 Old 05-21-2015, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
I hit about 240Gb in March, probably due to some new Netflix originals, other months we much lower.
Looks like our busiest month was just over 200Gb.

Paul
post #11345 of 11345 Old Today, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Don't know when this is going to happen, but it'll be welcome when it does.

Via trusted sources, we’ve learned that TiVo is poised to launch Cox On Demand services… nearly five years after an announced partnership that most have assumed was dead. So while the various players dicker over the capabilities and implementation of a CableCARD successor, TiVo once again strikes a deal to build a custom solution. I’m not sure what’s in it for Cox, other than avoiding these last few years of TiVo’s Time Warp patent teeth. But we clearly know the value to TiVo — the company has previously indicated that retail sales and retention were higher within the Comcast footprint as Xfinity On Demand rolled out. (Granted, those regions had been bolstered by additional marketing.) Giving up “free” on demand content provided by one’s cable provider is often a sticking point before “going TiVo” – and Cox represents a sizable portion of TiVo’s addressable space as the 5th largest compatible cable operator. Trust me, a large percent of my peers with children rely on On Demand, making a TiVo a non-starter in many cases. It’s yet to be seen if the new TiVo Cox On Demand implementation retains the dated Xfinity approach or goes with a more modern HTML5 front-end. Regardless, given Cox’s continued reliance on Switched Digital Video and over aggressive copy protection, Verizon FiOS is still probably the better choice… assuming you have one.

http://zatznotfunny.com/2015-05/tivo-cox-on-demand/
Scott Oakley likes this.

Cheers, Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page