AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Theo1080
WTKR-DT

There was a huge power hit in downtown Norfolk at appox. 8:20pm. We have lost the encoder for channel 3.2. WTKR will have it repaired as soon as possible. 3.1 appears to be okay.

Ted,

I know that you have your hands full at the moment trying to fix the problems caused by the downtown power problem earlier tonight. The following input is for later use: I am still having problems receiving 3.1 during the workday. It comes in OK at night. No problem at all last Sunday. I am probably the only one having this problem based on the responses to my last post on this topic. The only reason I'm posting this is Les's comment above stating that he (and I assume other Station Engineers) monitors viewer reactions to station signals. This unbiased approach makes a great deal of sense to me. I look forward to you letting us know when your previously reported (weeks ago) power tube problem is resolved.

Good luck!
Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Les Garrenton
I'm always curious why the cable guys aren't held to the same criteria that the broadcasters and satellite providers are. Why aren't there calls for Cox to stop cluttering their bandwidth with stuff nobody ever watches?

LOL!...Could you imagine Cox cable having an open "customer feed-back" forum, such as this? That would be some entertaining reading (but I would feel sorry for the moderator)!

Anyway, I thought the other local forum was the "beat the dead horse (cox) forum? Isn't one enough?
post #1083 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Theo1080
WTKR-DT

There was a huge power hit in downtown Norfolk at appox. 8:20pm. We have lost the encoder for channel 3.2. WTKR will have it repaired as soon as possible. 3.1 appears to be okay.

Les - I don't suppose this had anything to do with my WVBT-DT signal dropping out every few minutes during 24 last night? Couldn't watch it because the signal was so unreliable. Up (75 SS) for 2-3 minutes, down (0 SS) for 10-15 seconds, up for 1 minute, down for 20 seconds.

Was this weather and my location, or was there some issue with the broadcast last night?

Jay N.
Williamsburg, VA
post #1084 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by VARTV
Yep, they sure have. I believe, COX is carrying WTKR's HD feed for free...

The other broadcasters want some kind of compensation from COX to carry their HD signals and for others their subchannels too...

Sorry, I missed this reply yesterday, Robert. So, you must be right...WTKR just wanted their HD on Cox...badly. Interesting!

Thanks...

Jay N.
Williamsburg, VA
post #1085 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by TJNoffy
Les - I don't suppose this had anything to do with my WVBT-DT signal dropping out every few minutes during 24 last night? Couldn't watch it because the signal was so unreliable. Up (75 SS) for 2-3 minutes, down (0 SS) for 10-15 seconds, up for 1 minute, down for 20 seconds.

Was this weather and my location, or was there some issue with the broadcast last night?

Sorry, but I'm not aware of any problems last night. I just checked with our senior transmitter engineer and he hadn't heard of any problems either.
post #1086 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Les Garrenton
Sorry, but I'm not aware of any problems last night. I just checked with our senior transmitter engineer and he hadn't heard of any problems either.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. 43-1 is perfect this morning. Must have been the overcast weather. Super Bowl Sunday was perfect, but was a clear evening, fortunately.

I'm trying to determine if an amplifier is a viable solution. I tried the Channel Master pre-amp before, but it brought down the signal levels on the channels I was receiving without it (while only adding one channel that really mattered).

With the extreme signal strength swings I saw on 43-1 last night (0 - 75), would an amplifier really help? I could see an amp possilby helping a consistently borderline signal, but not the wide signal strength variations I saw last night.

I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle an outside installation just yet.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay N.
Williamsburg, VA
post #1087 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Jay,

If you haven't done so yet, do a search for "antenna", "weather", "break ups" and "pre-amp" in this and the other Norfolk thread. It will take some time to read but all of questions will probably answered.
post #1088 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by robertawillisjr
Jay,

If you haven't done so yet, do a search for "antenna", "weather", "break ups" and "pre-amp" in this and the other Norfolk thread. It will take some time to read but all of questions will probably answered.

Will do...Thanks!

Jay N.
Williamsburg, VA
post #1089 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by HILLTOP SAILOR
Ted,

I know that you have your hands full at the moment trying to fix the problems caused by the downtown power problem earlier tonight. The following input is for later use: I am still having problems receiving 3.1 during the workday. It comes in OK at night. No problem at all last Sunday. I am probably the only one having this problem based on the responses to my last post on this topic. The only reason I'm posting this is Les's comment above stating that he (and I assume other Station Engineers) monitors viewer reactions to station signals. This unbiased approach makes a great deal of sense to me. I look forward to you letting us know when your previously reported (weeks ago) power tube problem is resolved.

Good luck!
Drew

Drew, I don't think your reception problem with WTKR has anything to do with them being on reduced power. I get them at 47 miles glitch free perfect 100 percent of the time with around a 50 signal level. It's more than likely IMO multi-path or antenna placement.

The atmosphere must be creating some problems also. WAVY-DT is in and out on my receiver yet FOX-43 is perfect. Go figure, same tower.

Harold Jackson
post #1090 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by hjriver
Drew, I don't think your reception problem with WTKR has anything to do with them being on reduced power. I get them at 47 miles glitch free perfect 100 percent of the time with around a 50 signal level. It's more than likely IMO multi-path or antenna placement.

The atmosphere must be creating some problems also. WAVY-DT is in and out on my receiver yet FOX-43 is perfect. Go figure, same tower.

Normally, I would have to agree with you, except... I always had a very good signal prior to the power tube problem, the antenna was professionally installed in my attic, the problem almost always happens only during normal working hours (someone is testing?). Could be the station, could be the new construction work at Virginia Beach General Hospital, or ??? I will just have to look again after the power tube problem is resolved or they go on full power later this year --- whichever comes first. No big deal though as I do not watch this channel prior to 8 PM anyway (MSNBC & CNBC during the daytime).

Drew
post #1091 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 03:52 PM

Quote:

No reception problems here (North End, Va. Bch.).

My only "problem" is that it's really rough to have my whole body clenched, for an entire hour, throughout "24"... I LOVE it, but it wears me out!!!

John Chester

"No matter where you go... there you are."
post #1092 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by HILLTOP SAILOR
Normally, I would have to agree with you, except... I always had a very good signal prior to the power tube problem, the antenna was professionally installed in my attic, the problem almost always happens only during normal working hours (someone is testing?). Could be the station, could be the new construction work at Virginia Beach General Hospital, or ??? I will just have to look again after the power tube problem is resolved or they go on full power later this year --- whichever comes first. No big deal though as I do not watch this channel prior to 8 PM anyway (MSNBC & CNBC during the daytime).

Drew

It could be something going on during the day as we don't normally watch it much during those times.

Harold Jackson
post #1093 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 04:06 PM

Quote:

I've also noticed a difference in WTKR reception, since the "not so blessed event". Once my Dish 6000 locks the signal, it's usually fine. But when I first tune to 3.1, it skips & jumps & carries on like a rodeo bull for 10 to 20 seconds... then it's fine... until I change channels & come back. Then it's "Here we go again...".

It has behaved this way, consistently, ever since the "not so blessed event".

John Chester

post #1094 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 05:51 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. 43-1 is perfect this morning. Must have been the overcast weather. Super Bowl Sunday was perfect, but was a clear evening, fortunately.
I'm trying to determine if an amplifier is a viable solution. I tried the Channel Master pre-amp before, but it brought down the signal levels on the channels I was receiving without it (while only adding one channel that really mattered).
With the extreme signal strength swings I saw on 43-1 last night (0 - 75), would an amplifier really help? I could see an amp possilby helping a consistently borderline signal, but not the wide signal strength variations I saw last night.

FWIW, 24 seemed to record ok for me last night here in Williamsburg. I haven't watched it yet, but upon reading your post I skipped through it and watched a few snippets and all seemed well). I did have problems with 24 last week (only the first 19 minutes recorded with many dropouts during that time period). I also recorded the Simpsons and Malcolm in the middle last night on 43-1 and have watched those and they were both fine.

I have a 4228 in my attic and found that a pre-amp gave me a big improvement in signal strength. I'm not using a CM pre-amp (I bought a pre-amp at Lowes (not sure of the brand) and it worked for me so I never tried another).

Brian
post #1095 of 6676 Old 02-15-2005, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by johncchester
I've also noticed a difference in WTKR reception, since the "not so blessed event". Once my Dish 6000 locks the signal, it's usually fine. But when I first tune to 3.1, it skips & jumps & carries on like a rodeo bull for 10 to 20 seconds... then it's fine... until I change channels & come back. Then it's "Here we go again...".

It has behaved this way, consistently, ever since the "not so blessed event".

Thank you, John! I guess I'm not going crazy after all.

Drew
post #1096 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 02:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
When my neighbor WALKED (and worked) in a certain part of his yard, it would affect reception on WAVY-DT. God's honest truth...

Robert F Corbin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 | Virginia Media News & Information

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook:

twitter:

linkedin:

google+:

pinterest:

post #1097 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 06:09 AM

Quote:

No reception problems here (North End, Va. Bch.).

My only "problem" is that it's really rough to have my whole body clenched, for an entire hour, throughout "24"... I LOVE it, but it wears me out!!!

On top of the whole-body-clench, I had to deal with the wife and daughter complaining everytime I went from Cox to OTA to see if the drop-outs had subsided! Double-clench??

Jay N.
Williamsburg, VA
post #1098 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrianMitchell
FWIW, 24 seemed to record ok for me last night here in Williamsburg. I haven't watched it yet, but upon reading your post I skipped through it and watched a few snippets and all seemed well). I did have problems with 24 last week (only the first 19 minutes recorded with many dropouts during that time period). I also recorded the Simpsons and Malcolm in the middle last night on 43-1 and have watched those and they were both fine.

I have a 4228 in my attic and found that a pre-amp gave me a big improvement in signal strength. I'm not using a CM pre-amp (I bought a pre-amp at Lowes (not sure of the brand) and it worked for me so I never tried another).

Brian

I've done some searches in the AVS forum for this type of problem (as suggested), but no real answers, except for mounting it outside (big step that I'm not ready to try yet). First I'll try moving the 4228 to the vertical support beam at the other end of my attic (about 15-20 ft.) just to see what that does for me.

The CM pre-amp I had lowered my existing channels from the 65-75 range to the 45-55 range. It was suggested that it could have been amplifying signal anomalies/noise. I'd be curious to find out what amp you have. (Maybe Lowes only sells one brand?) If you ever get a chance to look at it, I'd appreciate knowing what it is.

A portable SS meter would help, too, if they didn't cost hundreds of dollars.

Thanks...

Jay N.
Williamsburg, VA
post #1099 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I've done some searches in the AVS forum for this type of problem (as suggested), but no real answers, except for mounting it outside (big step that I'm not ready to try yet). First I'll try moving the 4228 to the vertical support beam at the other end of my attic (about 15-20 ft.) just to see what that does for me.

I live near the intersection of 199 and Jamestown Road in Williamsburg. I've got tall 60'-70' trees (on my neighbor's property) directly on the beam to the transmitters and a water tower just off-beam. During dry weather signal reception is fine, but when the trees are wet and wind is blowing, the combination of multi-path from the water tower and wet moving trees causes my signals to fluctuate wildly.
post #1100 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by barrysb
I live near the intersection of 199 and Jamestown Road in Williamsburg. I've got tall 60'-70' trees (on my neighbor's property) directly on the beam to the transmitters and a water tower just off-beam. During dry weather signal reception is fine, but when the trees are wet and wind is blowing, the combination of multi-path from the water tower and wet moving trees causes my signals to fluctuate wildly.

I'm at 199 and Longhill. Your experience may exlpain a lot. I do have a stand of trees behind the house, in the direction of the Hampton Roads broadcast towers. I don't remember it being particularly wet, but it was overcast. Odd thing was that WVBT-DT was the only station fluctuating wildly. The others were solid, including WAVY-DT.

(I think I should start dropping hints with the Mrs. that a mast and rotator may be delivered one day soon, just to ease her into the idea. She already thinks I have too much invested in this system... )

Jay N.
Williamsburg, VA
post #1101 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 11:38 AM

Quote:

Sorry George, but I had to vent.

There seems to be no one (within our reach, at least) who will accept ANY responsibility or provide any input for the programming decisions, affecting the end users in this forum.

I understand that this is primarily an "engineering" forum. But, where are we (the unwashed masses) to turn, for (seemingly odd) programming decisions or the more politically charged questions?

I'm sure that the "higher-ups" in your corporate heirarchy, probably monitor these communications & might lend some insight into these issues... (if they cared about those they are supposed to "serve").

Can any of you "engineer types" (George, Peter, Les, Ted, et al) encourage the Management/ Programming/ even... (dear God forgive me) Corporate people to participate in our little quagmire of honest discourse? It would be really nice to get SOME clue as to what the theory/ plan/ strategy might be.

BTW, George... I am genuinely THRILLED that WGNT has made the commitment to show IMAX programming in HD (Congrats & Cudos). I only question the goofy timing and non-promotion of such a blessed event.

I will, however, try my damnedest to watch it... even at such a strange time slot.

John,

I read this forum regularly and am happy to answer any questions regarding programming decisions at WGNT. Unfortunately, like George, I am not involved in or privy to the negotiations between Viacom and Cox on cable carriage for our digital signal.

Regarding the scheduling and promotion of the IMAX specials, you have to understand that we have very few time periods available locally for special, non-regularly scheduled programming. Sunday night at six is a very accessible time period, and we ran a healthy promotion schedule for the show, including a spot in what is arguably our highest profile HD offering, Star Trek: Enterprise.

And while we love our IMAX package, we've got lots of other promotional priorites, too - like encouraging more people to sample Veronica Mars and Kevin Hill - two terrific shows that also happen to look awesome in HD on our station.

Rich
post #1102 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for this late reply...I've been out-of-pocket for a few days...

Quote:

Can any of you "engineer types" (George, Peter, Les, Ted, et al) encourage the Management/ Programming/ even... (dear God forgive me) Corporate people to participate in our little quagmire of honest discourse? It would be really nice to get SOME clue as to what the theory/ plan/ strategy might be.

Why do you assume that we haven't tried? When you vent an open question like this, please be mindful that there is only so much we engineering managers can discuss in a public forum without endangering our employment.
Quote:

But again, my comment that garnered Robert's response about bandwidth was in regard to the ease with which Cox could accommodate the local digital subchannels (in addition to the primary channels), not about OTA bandwidth.

You discount the bandwidth Cox needs to provide telephone service; high speed internet service; pay-per-view (PPV) and; video-on-demand (VOD). These services AND cable television are all carried on one pipe. The dollar per bit ratio is much higher for these addition PAY services than it would be if Cox had to add broadcaster's sub-channels to the mix.

Peter Dennant
XBE Group
[former Director of Engineering for WVEC-TV/DT]
post #1103 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 03:22 PM

Quote:

...First I'll try moving the 4228 to the vertical support beam at the other end of my attic (about 15-20 ft.) just to see what that does for me.

Be sure to avoid any METAL OBJECTS in your attic, when moving your antenna (water heater, ductwork, etc.). If they're in the signal path, or even off to the sides, they can add tons of multipath problems. The mesh of a 4228 does a pretty good job of shielding it from behind though.

John Chester

post #1104 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Multicasting: Last Week the FCC, Now Congress?

Will Congress Act?
Upton: At the end of the day, sometime probably this spring, we'll let everybody knowwhat we have to do to make sure that we can move the broadcasters totally to digital
By Ted Hearn multichannel.com 2/16/2005 5:16 PM ET
Congress would consider new cable-carriage rights for digital-TV stations if private negotiations fail to produce results, House Telecommunications and the Internet Subcommittee chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) said Wednesday.

We'd like to see that happen on its own. If it doesn't happen, then Congress probably will have to step in, particularly as we look at the whole issue of the transition to digital, Upton said on C-SPAN program Washington Journal.

Last Thursday, the Federal Communications Commission ruled 4-1 that digital-TV stations were entitled to carriage of a single programming stream. Over cable-industry objections, many local TV stations were hoping that the FCC would mandate carriage of five or six different programming streams that current digital technology allows each station to transmit.

Upton said he hoped that cable and broadcasters would conclude a multicast-carriage deal akin to the one recently announced between the National Cable & Telecommunications Association and the Association of Public Television Stations. But if no deal emerges, Congress will take up the issue, he added: It is something that we are going to take a serious look at. I don't know the answer yet.

Cable operators currently voluntarily carry the digital signals of more than 500 digital-TV stations, largely HDTV programming. The United States has 1,366 commercial TV stations, according to the FCC.
TV stations that received free licenses for digital TV have to surrender their analog licenses by Dec. 31, 2006, or when 85% of TV households in a market have digital-reception equipment, whichever is later.

Some Capitol Hill lawmakers -- fearing that the 85% test only prolongs the transition for an unknowable period of time -- support a firm deadline for recovery of the analog spectrum, some of which is to be auctioned for billions of dollars to wireless-broadband companies.

I want a hard date, as well, and you are going to have to convince me if we have to move that date, Upton said. We are going to try to do this in a very bipartisan way.

The exact date for ending the transition has been something of a political football.

House Energy and Commerce Committee chairman Joe Barton (R-Texas) supports a Dec. 31, 2006, deadline.

An FCC plan -- now on the backburner with chairman Michael Powell leaving next month -- supports Dec. 31, 2008, as the deadline.

At the end of the day, sometime probably this spring, we'll let everybody know where the votes are and what we have to do to make sure that we can move the broadcasters totally to digital so that we can sell the analog spectrum and get so many more services that the rest of the world already has, Upton said.

According to the National Association of Broadcasters, any digital-TV-transition deadline has to take into account the fact that consumers currently possess 73 million analog-TV sets that won't display digital pictures without converters. Connecting $300 boxes to 73 million sets would cost $21.9 billion, according to the NAB.

It's unclear whether 73 million sets would, in fact, end up being stranded. Some consumers would connect analog sets to cable or satellite, and others might decide to buy digital-TV sets to replace old analog receivers.
Currently, 20.5 million households rely exclusively on free, over-the-air broadcasting. Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) has said that lawmakers would be committing political suicide if broadcast-only consumers were harmed by an abrupt cutoff of analog-TV service.

The universe of U.S households that are broadcast-only might shrink in the months leading up to the end of the transition.

In studying the digital-TV transition in Berlin, which ended in August 2003, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that as the deadline approached, between one-third and one-half of Berlin households that were broadcast-only reacted by subscribing to cable or satellite instead of purchasing converter boxes.
post #1105 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by pdennant
Sorry for this late reply...I've been out-of-pocket for a few days...

Why do you assume that we haven't tried? When you vent an open question like this, please be mindful that there is only so much we engineering managers can discuss in a public forum without endangering our employment.

I know where Peter is comin from on this one for sure. There are so many stories I could tell, but I wouldnt be employed very long. And as an engineer you have a responsiblility to act in your employer's best interest.

Quote:

Originally posted by pdennant
You discount the bandwidth Cox needs to provide telephone service; high speed internet service; pay-per-view (PPV) and; video-on-demand (VOD). These services AND cable television are all carried on one pipe. The dollar per bit ratio is much higher for these addition PAY services than it would be if Cox had to add broadcaster's sub-channels to the mix.

I agree with this too and Cox has choked their pipeline with businesses and services they shouldnt be pursuing. VOD has got to be a hugeeeeeee bandwidth waster.
post #1106 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 05:25 PM

Quote:

I'd be curious to find out what amp you have. (Maybe Lowes only sells one brand?) If you ever get a chance to look at it, I'd appreciate knowing what it is.

I remembered incorrectly. I just checked and my pre-amp is a RadioShack 25db preamp. Catalog number is 15-113c. Here's the url:

Radio Shack PreAmp

It's worked fine for me for quite a while now (more or less since WAVY-DT went online a few years back).

Brian
post #1107 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by RichCD
John,

I read this forum regularly and am happy to answer any questions regarding programming decisions at WGNT. Unfortunately, like George, I am not involved in or privy to the negotiations between Viacom and Cox on cable carriage for our digital signal.

Regarding the scheduling and promotion of the IMAX specials, you have to understand that we have very few time periods available locally for special, non-regularly scheduled programming. Sunday night at six is a very accessible time period, and we ran a healthy promotion schedule for the show, including a spot in what is arguably our highest profile HD offering, Star Trek: Enterprise.

And while we love our IMAX package, we've got lots of other promotional priorites, too - like encouraging more people to sample Veronica Mars and Kevin Hill - two terrific shows that also happen to look awesome in HD on our station.

Rich

Rich there is a thread on AVS already for HD Programming: The station engineers here really can't answer any of your questions or respond to your gripes concerning programming. Their job is to deliver the signal to us. Nothing more.

HD TV Programming

"For the talk about HDTV programming. Both DBS, OTA and HD Cable. This also includes legal issues pertaining to HDTV signals vs. HDTV programming and copyrights."

Harold Jackson
post #1108 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 06:09 PM

Quote:

Rich there is a thread on AVS already for HD Programming: The station engineers here really can't answer any of your questions or respond to your gripes concerning programming. Their job is to deliver the signal to us. Nothing more.

HD TV Programming

"For the talk about HDTV programming. Both DBS, OTA and HD Cable. This also includes legal issues pertaining to HDTV signals vs. HDTV programming and copyrights."

Harold,

Rich is the guy who, at least on the local level, programs UPN-27. He was just answering the gripes that were leveled against our station here a few posts back. Relax, I know he won't make a habit of it.

I sure hope you guys do enjoy the IMAX movie Sunday evenings.
You should be thankful Rich did not put it at 3:00 a.m.!

George Randell
Chief Engineer
WGNT/WGNT-DT UPN-27
Viacom
post #1109 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by George Randell
Harold,

Rich is the guy who, at least on the local level, programs UPN-27. He was just answering the gripes that were leveled against our station here a few posts back. Relax, I know he won't make a habit of it.

George Randell
Chief Engineer
WGNT/WGNT-DT UPN-27
Viacom

Oops, I replied to the wrong post. My apologies to Rich.

Harold Jackson
post #1110 of 6676 Old 02-16-2005, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by George Randell
Harold,

George Randell
Chief Engineer
WGNT/WGNT-DT UPN-27
Viacom

George,
That's what's nice about TIVO-HD. I can record anything at anytime for playback at my choosing. The local broadcast quality was great. The bad part about the IMAX show: (1) I never would have known about it if it hadn't been posted here; (2) the D* program guide was incorrect about what was showing (not uncommon unfortunately). Thanks for participating here!

Drew
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page