Detroit, MI - HDTV - Page 400 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
post #11971 of 11975 Unread 05-06-2015, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
With the weather that went through last night, I lost wwj tv and cyber as well. As 56.1. This morning wwj is still pixelated with good signal strength. Moving my antenna didn't help much. What could be the problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11972 of 11975 Unread 05-17-2015, 08:25 PM

Liked: 11
Hi Guys. I was with WOW for the past 10 years and recently decided to cut the cord and go OTA. I just picked up a Tivo Roamio OTA and am now planning the UHF & VHF antenna selections. I'm in Royal Oak. This is what my signal analysis looks like: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15c15674b44d

For UHF, I'm planning to either go with a Clearstream 2 or a DB8e. Most of the UHF channels I care about are 200* - 268* magnetic, but I'd also like to pickup ch 32 in Ontario (164* - yellow). Any local experience in what antenna would work best? The C2 has a wide beam width, but I'm thinking this may be asking too much.

For VHF, I'm honestly not sure what to do. I need to pickup channel 7 & 9. I've been contemplating a Winegard HD7694P or Fracarro Radioindustrie 6E512. Plan to aim around 180-190* magnetic to pickup ch 9 (164*), and hoping that ch 7 at 232* - but, again, may be stretching it.

Was just curious as to how local metro Detroit people have been successful in pulling these in.

Thanks.
post #11973 of 11975 Unread Yesterday, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In Royal Oak 48073 I have a DB8 on a rotator on the roof. It must be pointed toward CICODT to get a stable signal. It also picks up CBETDT in that position. A problem has been WXYZDT, which is intermittent probably due to tree attenuation, with antenna pointed toward CICODT. All others have good signals, which figures as they are so close. If antenna is pointed at WXYZDT it comes in fine, but I then lose CICODT and CBETDT. WCMZDT comes in only when antenna is aimed generally to the NW.
post #11974 of 11975 Unread Yesterday, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I don't know if this is relevant because I am in Farmington Hills surrounded by trees. I have a small UHF antenna pointed East and an ancient VHF pointed at C 9. C 7.x is a mess but other major Detroit stations are good.

When the weather is not really bad I get 13.1 ABC, 13.2 CW, 13.3 weather and 14.2 TV BOB from Toledo with good PQ.
post #11975 of 11975 Unread Today, 07:09 AM

Liked: 0
Hi everyone, I have been fooling around with the antenna placement and have found that raising it up higher had helped even more. Now during those hours I'm getting some what watchable tv but it gets choppy. Will increasing gain on the antenna work or reducing gain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception