Detroit, MI - HDTV - Page 402 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
post #12031 of 12035 Old 08-25-2015, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TV 20 kept dropping out again today, but by moving my flat antenna to a certain spot away from the window I can get a perfect signal (actually, I didn't see any picture on 20.2 at all until I moved that antenna around and a promo for 7 First Alert suddenly appeared).

Currently watching Joe Friday and Bill Gannon hard at work on 20.2. XD

There must've been something strong between Southfield, Wyandotte and Columbus that kept breaking the signal apart...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12032 of 12035 Old Today, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
For our cable and IPTV users-what out-of-market stations do you get in the Detroit market?

Our Uverse system has WCMZ (Flint PBS) and the provider I previously had, Wyandotte Cable, had WGTE (Toledo PBS) as of 2011. Back many years ago, I believe one of our first providers had a few other Toledo stations as well.

I believe the reason why they have these out-of-market PBS stations is to allow us with another alternative when WTVS preempts programs that interest us.
post #12033 of 12035 Old Today, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Burb View Post
For our cable and IPTV users-what out-of-market stations do you get in the Detroit market?

Our Uverse system has WCMZ (Flint PBS) and the provider I previously had, Wyandotte Cable, had WGTE (Toledo PBS) as of 2011. Back many years ago, I believe one of our first providers had a few other Toledo stations as well.

I believe the reason why they have these out-of-market PBS stations is to allow us with another alternative when WTVS preempts programs that interest us.
Bright House Networks carries WCMZ as well, but only in SD for reasons unknown.

They also carry CBET from Windsor, which some people would probably call out of market.

In their original incarnation as Metrovision, they carried TVOntario and WGTE but that's going back 20 years or more.
post #12034 of 12035 Old Today, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by yimitz View Post
Bright House Networks carries WCMZ as well, but only in SD for reasons unknown.

They also carry CBET from Windsor, which some people would probably call out of market.

In their original incarnation as Metrovision, they carried TVOntario and WGTE but that's going back 20 years or more.
Anyone over about 35 would never call Channel 9 from Windsor "out of Market" and many are upset when they find out the Satellite companies cannot carry that station.
post #12035 of 12035 Unread Today, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Burb View Post

When Comcast used to carry some channels in the clear on QAM (cable-ready tuners), they carried WGTE for a short time. It was never in the regular channel lineup.

Roger in DTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page