Detroit, MI - HDTV - Page 414 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 67Likes

Old 11-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 1315
I work with Windows Media Center and an old WMC server program. Live channels are a bit klutzy. I have to initiate a recording, then start a playback about two minutes later. But rare is the case where I NEED to watch a local channel remotely. I think the last time I did that was at Tropicana Field for a Tigers vs Rays game. I pulled up Fox Sports Detroit so I could see the replays they don't show on the scoreboard. These days, with Fox Sports Go and/or DirecTV's app, I don't need to work through the HTPC for live stuff, anymore.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2016, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Finally decided to just buy a whole new coax cable a few days back and managed to again bring in WTOL and conveniently during the Steelers/Browns game! At least I had something to do during commercial breaks on WWJ and the Lions, hopefully going to try this again this Sunday to give me something as the Lions are, as you all know, at Ford Field on Thursday.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:00 PM

And now, for Week 12 games viewable OTA in this area from 506sports.com, a list I post here every Wednesday. Lions, as you all know, will host their annual Thanksgiving game, therefore they're off come Sunday. CBS again has the Sunday doubleheader, but those who can get Toledo can choose from up to five different Sunday afternoon games (which is rare for Detroit OTA viewers), because they will show different games from the Detroit affiliates.

1:00
Cincinnati at Baltimore: CBS
NY Giants at Cleveland: WUPW

4:05/4:20
Carolina at Oakland: WWJ, WLNS
New England at NY Jets: WTOL
Seattle at Tampa Bay: WJBK, WSYM

UPDATE 11/25:
For those of you who can receive Flint (most of which if you do you most likely live in far northern Oakland County), yet another game has now become an option as Cardinals/Falcons will be carried there in Fox's early slot instead of the later Seahawks/Buccaneers game.

Last edited by Matt Burb; 11-25-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old Today, 10:23 AM

506sports.com sure did post Week 13 maps awfully early, so here's what we can get. This week Fox gets the doubleheader

1:00
Miami at Baltimore: WTOL
Lions
at New Orleans: Fox

4:05/4:20
Buffalo at Oakland: WWJ, WLNS
NY Giants at Pittsburgh: Fox

It should also be noted that for those of you able to receive Cleveland Fox is carrying Eagles/Bengals there in the early slot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement