I'm pretty much HD ignorant but I'm starting to get a better picture of it --- slowly. I live in Choctaw, about 14 miles from the antennas at most, and I have DirecTV service, which also provides my local channels. The equipment I have is an SD DVR and an SD 3 LNB dish. I recently purchased an HD projector and would like to watch some HD programming, but I'm not sure what I need to do.
Antennaweb has my antenna type as 'yellow' for all the channels except one, which is 'violet'.
My projector does not have a tuner.
This is what I think I need to do so far, please advise if you can....
1. From what I've read, in order for me to receive HD signals, I need an antenna and a tuner, correct?
2. I plan on installing the antenna in my attic, any suggestions on the antenna?
3. I'll need a tuner, any suggestions on that?
4. Can I split the signal from the antenna to the projector and another display or will I need to amplify it in some way?
5. I'm guessing I'll need at least two seperate inputs to my projector, one from the antenna and one from the satellite?
6. Can the antenna go through my A/V receiver and keep it's HD signal or do I need to connect it directly to my projector?
7. I'm guessing the cable carrying the signal from the antenna is coax, but I've got no coax input to my projector, what can I do here?
8. Is there any other way for me to receive HD signals??
Thanks for the input