post #631 of 649 Old 09-11-2012, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeDTV View Post

An idea that i really like for RGV TV, branding wise.
1. Have "Fox 2" rebranded as "FOX 67" and move the channel on satellite systems to channel 67.
2. Have XHRIO change it's calls as XHMFX (XH Mundo FoX, although that is not necessary).
3. Include XHRIO (or XHMFX) on satellite systems on channel 2, Time Warner Cable on channel 17 (I think that channel airs what used to be RGCN 12 but has been constanly been off air)
4. Have the CW 21 rebrand as CW 30 (or maybe The CW 30/21 or maybe CW 30 cable 21)
I even made a custom logo in the event that Fox 2 actually rebrands their channel. What do you think? smile.gif

Time Warner Cable is not going to give in on giving channel 17 to XHRIO as a matter of fact the do not have to carry the channel at all due to it being in Mexico and if Entravision tried to pull a fast one and try to make TWC add it I have a feeling TWC could get the FCC involved due to the little cross border ownership and trying to make an american company insource a mexican tv station.

No Channel 17 on TWC is not just for brownsville any of the cities in the RGV on TWC that have an educational channel have it on 17 (Digital only). TWC has plans to add no more analogs in Texas everything else being added now is digital only. TWC is adding Fox Business SD to channel 90 (Digital only) in addition to the digital channel number it already has so they are not giving out new analog numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 649 Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikmars View Post

Got this tweet from KFXV.
So KFXV is located on channel 67 OTA, 6 and 870 on cable but they will remain branded as FOX 2.
Is this the first time ever that an OTA channel's branding matched it's location on satellite systems better than it does OTA?
I know KCWT was branded after it's location on Time Warner Cable, I'm literally talking about DBS.
That just sounds ridiculous.

Nope. KRBK (49 OTA) is 5 on Directv and DISH.
post #633 of 649 Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanymore View Post

Just what are you on anyway? Get a clue. The Mexican have destroyed every single football season I can remember with their constant outages. FOX carries the NFC games you know including the beloved favorite Cowboys. They have never not ruined a broadcast. FOX paid good money to the Mexicans in outsourcing. What did they get over the last 5 years? Absolutely noting. They got TV that was down more than it was up even though the Mexicans had superior broadcast equipment. And what is "fair" about broadcasting Spanish language TV to America? Want Spanish language, then go to Mexico. There is no good reason why there is even one Spanish language broadcast in this entire country. Last time I checked 16 out of 23 channels were Spanish language. Spanish, really? And in America? FCC is not doing its job. All Spanish language TV should be jammed cause far as I'm concerned theirs is nothing but jamming of Americans anyway.

Um, there IS a part of the US where Spanish is the 'official' language. Puerto Rico. They're americans just as much as we are. In PR, most of the stations are Spanish, and that shoots your entire theory to crap. There IS a good reason for Spanish language TV, it makes money, the FCC doesn't regulate what language your programming is in, just that you are technically legal.
post #634 of 649 Old 09-12-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin120 View Post

Time Warner Cable is not going to give in on giving channel 17 to XHRIO as a matter of fact the do not have to carry the channel at all due to it being in Mexico and if Entravision tried to pull a fast one and try to make TWC add it I have a feeling TWC could get the FCC involved due to the little cross border ownership and trying to make an american company insource a mexican tv station.
No Channel 17 on TWC is not just for brownsville any of the cities in the RGV on TWC that have an educational channel have it on 17 (Digital only). TWC has plans to add no more analogs in Texas everything else being added now is digital only. TWC is adding Fox Business SD to channel 90 (Digital only) in addition to the digital channel number it already has so they are not giving out new analog numbers.

Well that's a disappointment. The reason I gave that idea is that I got the DTV subchannels on cable on my QAM HDTV, but not xhrio.
post #635 of 649 Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 AM

KTLM is being sold:
http://rbr.com/texas-station-on-the-block/

We'll have to wait and see if a new owner means programming changes.
post #636 of 649 Old 10-06-2012, 06:44 PM

Just recently, I did a channel scan on my TV and while I have not received any new channels, I did discover one thing. Normally when I do my channel scans, any labels I put on them basically vanishes. After doing my scan, when I flip through certain channels, they seen to label themselves (i.e. 25: DISN, 37: FNC, etc). When I get to channel 6 (KFXV), while it normally labels it as FOX, it labeled it as MUNDO. Could this be an error, or could MundoFox possibly be on channel 6 on TWC. confused.gif
post #637 of 649 Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 PM

My TV is picking up two channels 9-1 right now. The new 9-1 has a weaker signal and comes and goes. When it's on it is black with "HDTV" in the upper right corner. It's labeled as XERV HD. It appears to be on ch 28. I thought 28 was XHTAM's digital frequency? I would have assumed it would map to 17-1. Who knows what they're up to.... I have always thought it was a dumb idea to have almost identical programming on 9 and 17.
post #638 of 649 Old 12-31-2012, 02:51 PM

In the last month or so there have been two new channels: XHREY 12.2 (Proyecto 40) and XHTAM 17.1 (Canal de las Estrellas). I believe Proyecto 40 is also on XHMTA 11.2 in Matamoros.
post #639 of 649 Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM

Free Trials for:

NBA League Pass alll this week, and
NHL Center Ice until Jan 31,2013
post #640 of 649 Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 PM

sorry for lack of detail,

the above post is only for TWC subscribers with a digital box.
post #641 of 649 Old 08-06-2013, 12:01 AM

Hey everyone. Just popping in to see what, if anything, has changed since I last posted.

I'm living in Houston full time now. When I scan for channels, the number of channels I pull in is in the mid 40s. It's crazy but a lot of them are dead subchannels that are being broadcasted in error but even when stuff like that is removed, it's still a very high number. Amazing how much different it is being in a large market.

Well anyway, I was talking to my best friend earlier. He still lives in Harlingen. He said that KGBT was blacked out from his Time Warner Service as part of the CBS/TWC dispute. He's no slouch so while it's likely he's mistaken, it would be a strange mistake for him to make. Even if I was back home, my family has Dish Network so I couldn't see for myself. I'm wondering if maybe he heard about the dispute and assumed KGBT was blacked out or if he tuned in at a weird time where the signal just happened to be out or something.

Is KGBT blacked out? It shouldn't be. Only CBS owned and operated stations should be blacked out along with any CBS owned cable channels (which he said was hurting him more than not having CBS itself).
post #642 of 649 Old 08-06-2013, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I live in the Harlingen area and have TWC.

No blackout with CBS at this time.

I have an antenna too, so if TWC chooses to blackout CBS here, I'll be okay.

As I understand it, only Dallas is currently affected with the blackout in Texas
post #643 of 649 Old 02-24-2014, 07:51 PM

This is a few weeks old but XHVTV 54 which had been broadcasting color bars on it's two subchannels for almost a year recently added two of Multimedios' networks. Milenio Tv is on 54-2 and Teleritmo is on 54-3.
post #644 of 649 Old 03-02-2014, 07:17 PM

For anybody interested: the CW is now available in HD. Not exactly sure when it happened but KCWT is on the air. It is labeled as "CW HD" and maps to channel 21-1 (not 30-1). As far as I know the HD CW is not available on cable.
Also, MundoFox has been added to KTFV 32-2. I saw a legal notice from Time Warner that showed MundoFox was going to be added to their lineup in the future.
post #645 of 649 Old 03-11-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverthree View Post

For anybody interested: the CW is now available in HD. Not exactly sure when it happened but KCWT is on the air. It is labeled as "CW HD" and maps to channel 21-1 (not 30-1). As far as I know the HD CW is not available on cable.
Also, MundoFox has been added to KTFV 32-2. I saw a legal notice from Time Warner that showed MundoFox was going to be added to their lineup in the future.

Just jumped on here to see if there were any updates on CW HD in the RGV. Glad to see that it's live. Also glad to see it's channel 21. Seems easier to go ahead and make it channel 21 when that's where it is on TWC and that's what it's branded as.

When XHRIO first went HD in 2007(?) and it wasn't on TWC, I bombarded them with calls. I don't know if it actually made a difference but a few weeks later the HD feed was live on TWC just in time for the Cowboys first game of that season that was on FOX.

If anyone actually cares, you could always do that for KCWT HD
post #646 of 649 Old 03-16-2014, 06:32 PM

MundoFox 38 coming soon? KMBH is the latest station being sold (after KGBT, KVEO and KTLM) and the potential new buyer might make it a MundoFox affiliate according to one article. Why am I not suprised they would stick a Spanish language network on there? And what would happen with XHRIO if they do that? They just made a big deal about adding XHRIO to Time Warner on channel 887 last week. Either way we can probably kiss PBS OTA good bye....

http://www.riograndeguardian.com/arts_story.asp?story_no=13
post #647 of 649 Old 05-28-2014, 04:39 PM

Anyone know if the Mexico analog shutdown for the border stations is still on for this month?
post #648 of 649 Old 05-31-2014, 11:31 PM

They moved it to nov. 26 due to low number of digital subscribers 20%-30% it needs to be at 90% http://www.ultimasnoticiasenred.com.mx/local/programan-para-el-mes-de-noviembre-apagon-analogico-en-reynosa-matamoros-y-nuevo-laredo/
post #649 of 649 Old 06-01-2014, 07:53 AM

OK thanks.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page