Augusta, GA - HDTV - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now, the Rachael Ray Show is in HD.

Guess it won't be longer before we see the final season of Oprah, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! in HD, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 Old 05-10-2011, 05:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
WRDW bailing on VHF, petitioned to move from 12 back to 31, now that WFXG is keeping 51.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #123 of 124 Old 09-18-2011, 07:57 AM

We live in Evans near downtown, in a 2-story. I have a home-made centipede style DB-8 bowtie with two distribution amplifiers in series in an equipment crowded attic (dual A/C handers) so there are RF reflections, absorbances. After much fussing with multiple antennas and reverse splitters, I am down to the one and a reflection screen at a right angle to the centipede. I get 16 channels, from 6,12,14,20,26,49 and 54. If not just right, I lose one of the PBS channels (14,20) or channel 54. The strengths are less than 100% but usually good enough to view without interruption. Weather plays a roll in light to severe pixellation (jaggies) of the picture from time to time, but today (Saturday, 9/17/2011) we lost channel 6 (WJBF,ABC) completely for the first time even though it's our strongest signal. Does anyone know why? [Aside, this is on the heels of unusual behavior of the TV and one of the routers.]
post #124 of 124 Old 09-18-2011, 08:12 AM

Post script - channel 6 is back this morning, Sunday 9/18/2011 (on both TVs - it was gone on both yesterday afternoon.) The computer equipment failures turned out to be a problematic power plug so they were probably not related. However, the big HDTV would not stay powered on (it has an ethernet connection) until I powered it down completely (it's a VISIO, so I had to pull the plug) and restored the factory settings. I'm not sure which act was the problem solver but had tried resetting to the factory settings before to no avail. The day earlier, I was able to restore a computer connection using the same strategy of removing the power for a short period. We all recently had an upgrade to our power meter so the power company can read the meter from the company by computer over the power line so I'm curious to know if that's part of the problem.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page