Yakima, WA - HDTV - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 1604 Old 09-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Noticed that KVEW 44.2 has listings now for stuff like Sportsman channel, paid programs, Happy Days, Insider, Local News encores, and an ESPN program. This is according to the listings at Titan TV. So there must be a good chance we will not get like 16 or 20 hours a day of test patterns.

KAPP 35.2 has been showing sister station KXLY ABC Spokane feed a lot lately but with no sound. Picture appears to be OK again. Maybe we are getting the same My Network Channel as Spokane?

And still no sign anything is going on at KIMA CBS in the digital world.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 1604 Old 09-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Although My Network TV official launch is Tuesday, they did show preview shows tonight from 8PM-10PM. KAPP-DT 35.2 showed them tonight but didn't bother giving us any audio!! I hope this isn't the kind of backing they are planning on giving to this new network. However from what I have seen of the 2 shows they are showing on this new My Network TV, I wouldn't be surprised to see it disappear within a few years.

KYVE-HD 47.5 now has a screen saying that it will be on 24 hours at the end of this month, but that might be just for the Seattle KCTS-HD since that is the HD feed they show. If KYVE-HD does go 24 hours I guess we can kiss PBS KIDS 47.2 channel goodbye.

Still appears nothing is happening at KIMA-DT.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #363 of 1604 Old 09-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I seem to get blocks appearing randomly in the picture quite often. Also the picture goes black and the sound disappears for at least a few seconds every once in a great while. Anyone else having these problems?

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #364 of 1604 Old 09-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Newbie
 
bdubz23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any news on Kima-Hd yet? Has tri-cities cbs gone hd yet?
bdubz23 is offline  
post #365 of 1604 Old 09-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Member
 
BEP1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kennewick, WA
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubz23 View Post

Any news on Kima-Hd yet? Has tri-cities cbs gone hd yet?

As of today, Tri-Cities KEPR's DT is still down but that was not unexpected. Refer to post 361. I would guess that it'll be another week before they power up. Then expect some time for tweaking.

We need to work on KFFX next for HD.
BEP1030 is offline  
post #366 of 1604 Old 09-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Member
 
mike41423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Richland, WA
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
someone needs to remind KNDU to put wheel of fortune and Jeopardy on in HD....4x3 right now. Both shows went HD either this week or last....
mike41423 is offline  
post #367 of 1604 Old 09-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From what I understand most stations are only eqipped to broadcast network HD shows but Wheel and Jeopardy are not network programs. They go to whatever channel in the area bids the most for them. I also understand that the stations across the country need special equipment to broadcast Wheel and Jeopardy in HD and even several of the bigger markets aren't even carrying these shows in HD just yet even though all of their major networks in their market are broadcasting in HD. So Wheel and Jeopardy are not high priorities right at the moment in my opinion. I would much rather have KIMA/KEPR CBS and KCYU-LP/KFFX start broadcasting in digital and HD first because there would be more variety and hours of HD programming than just getting two half hour weekday shows in HD.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #368 of 1604 Old 09-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Member
 
mike41423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Richland, WA
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Whatever the case is, its being shown in HD and at the beginning it has a thing saying now available in Sony HD.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=709567
http://www.hdbeat.com/2006/09/11/jeo...h-def-tonight/
mike41423 is offline  
post #369 of 1604 Old 09-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It appears they are still showing Spanish language network Azteca America for now and using call letters KAZW instead of the KCWK call letters. I did see an advertisement for the new CW network they are supposed to be affiliated with but it was in, you guessed it, Spanish. So I don't know what they were saying. I guess we will know in a few days whether the CW network will be shown on this channel now in English or in a month like their website says.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #370 of 1604 Old 09-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Newbie
 
frede97862's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
kcwk is scheduled to begin english language programing on Monday the 18 of September. This according to web site information including tv listings. Also, this was confirmed by general manager (ron) powers in a tri-city herald article on saturday (available at tri-city herald website as well). Powers said initially no local origination, but hoped to have an agreement to show a 10 o'clock news. My suspicion is this would be provided by another station possibly kima/kepr.
frede97862 is offline  
post #371 of 1604 Old 09-17-2006, 03:09 AM
Newbie
 
frede97862's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
an addendum--programming is scheduled to begin a 6 am with the
Daily Buzz, a three hour morning show.
frede97862 is offline  
post #372 of 1604 Old 09-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
KNDO NBC fails to have Studio 60 in HD at the beginning of the show.

KIMA CBS puts election results covering the bottom of the screen when they are showing subtitles on The Unit. And still no HD or any signs of going HD soon.

But worst of all is KCWK CW. Got Test Patterns instead of programming during the main CW programming Monday night. Also get funny colors and "blocky" pictures at time.

And I think MYNETWORK TV KAPP Digital 35.2 still goes blank at times.

So I guess KCYU-LP FOX is the one at the moment who screwed up the least this week so far. Not a good sign considering they aren't even digital still.

Yakima TV could sure use some new engineers and/or antennas.
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #373 of 1604 Old 09-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Member
 
BEP1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kennewick, WA
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubz23 View Post

Any news on Kima-Hd yet? Has tri-cities cbs gone hd yet?

Just got of the phone with KEPR's engineer. He said it will be about another two weeks before their digital transmitter is up and running. All sorts of problems with subs doing their part is the reason for the delays. It will be first in SD only and he estimated another two weeks later before the HD phase is completed. Apparently, each station, including Yakima and Lewiston will transmit their own HD and will not rely on a relay from their parent station, in Seattle, as originally planned. Individual satellite dishes need to be installed.

He also said that KIMA is also upgrading their digital transmitter at this time.

Guess we will all just have to wait a little longer.
BEP1030 is offline  
post #374 of 1604 Old 09-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Member
 
Snyder81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEP1030 View Post

Just got of the phone with KEPR's engineer. He said it will be about another two weeks before their digital transmitter is up and running. All sorts of problems with subs doing their part is the reason for the delays. It will be first in SD only and he estimated another two weeks later before the HD phase is completed. Apparently, each station, including Yakima and Lewiston will transmit their own HD and will not rely on a relay from their parent station, in Seattle, as originally planned. Individual satellite dishes need to be installed.

He also said that KIMA is also upgrading their digital transmitter at this time.

Guess we will all just have to wait a little longer.


It'll be worth the wait!
Snyder81 is offline  
post #375 of 1604 Old 09-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If Lewiston, Idaho gets CBS HD the same time as Yakima and Tri-Cities, I think I would be still angry with FISHER after they go HD here since Lewiston is NOT part of Yakima/Tri-Cities DMA. It is really part of the Spokane DMA and Lewiston isn't as heavily populated as either Yakima and Tri-Cities areas are.

You got to remember that their Eugene CBS station went HD over a few years back and Eugene isn't much larger than us!!
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #376 of 1604 Old 09-25-2006, 07:30 AM
Member
 
BEP1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kennewick, WA
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakHDTV06 View Post

If Lewiston, Idaho gets CBS HD the same time as Yakima and Tri-Cities, I think I would be still angry with FISHER after they go HD here since Lewiston is NOT part of Yakima/Tri-Cities DMA. It is really part of the Spokane DMA and Lewiston isn't as heavily populated as either Yakima and Tri-Cities areas are.

You got to remember that their Eugene CBS station went HD over a few years back and Eugene isn't much larger than us!!

Who cares when Lewiston gets HD. I'm only concerned about HD in the Tri-Cities.
BEP1030 is offline  
post #377 of 1604 Old 09-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Watched KIDNAPPED at 10PM tonight and wasn't HD until a little after 10:30PM. I don't think it would be worth it even if KNDO upgraded their HD equipment to show WHEEL and JEOPARDY in HD because it probably wouldn't get switched over to HD a good part of the time like their prime time shows currently are.

Well on the bright side, KCWK CW Ch. 27 Analog Yakima seems to be much better picture wise than it was the first few days as a CW affiliate. Hopefully the last few days weren't a fluke.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #378 of 1604 Old 09-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frede97862 View Post

kcwk is scheduled to begin english language programing on Monday the 18 of September. This according to web site information including tv listings. Also, this was confirmed by general manager (ron) powers in a tri-city herald article on saturday (available at tri-city herald website as well). Powers said initially no local origination, but hoped to have an agreement to show a 10 o'clock news. My suspicion is this would be provided by another station possibly kima/kepr.

I finally got around to looking at the Tri-Cities Herald article. I saw the Yakima Herald article the day it came out. According to the Tri-Cities Herald article (and this wasn't in the Yakima article), they are planning on having an HD signal in about a year from now. Does this mean that they are already broadcasting digitally down in Tri-Cities area? I don't think anyone ever answered that question when I asked it before. In the Yakima article they did mention the possibility of bringing back Azteca America as a subchannel after they eventually start broadcasting in digital in Yakima in a few years probably.

So it looks like now KIMA/KEPR CBS will be HD around the Holiday season, KCWK CW Tri-Cities station will be HD around Fall next year after just ONE year, and KFFX FOX Pendleton will be HD no time soon even though the smaller market Medford Oregon Fox station owned by the same company as KCYU/KFFX FOX has already gone HD.

I guess this is more proof about how bad KIMA/KEPR CBS and KCYU/KFFX FOX really are.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #379 of 1604 Old 09-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
KIMA CBS was just granted by the FCC the greatly reduced 20 kW power for their digital channel and not the 1000 kW power they originally had planned. A major disappointment.

KYVE PBS now has KCTS-HD 24 hours 7 days a week on the KYVE-HD 47.5 channel, and the 47.2 KIDS SD channel is apparently no more just like the PBSYOU 47.4 channel. They still show CREATE channel on 47.3 24/7 in addition to the main KYVE 47.1 channel and HD 47.5 channel.

KDHW TBN religious analog channel has filed with the FCC for a digital companion channel on channel 20 in Yakima. I have no idea when this channel will be on the air though. It might be a while.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #380 of 1604 Old 10-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Both KAPP ABC and KNDO NBC filed license renewals with the FCC the other day and some of their comments regarding Violence and Children's programming left me with good feelings about one station and bad feelings towards the other.

KNDO NBC mentions they got complaints about the show MAXIMUM EXPOSURE being violent even though it was on after midnight. They eventually decided to pull the show from their lineup. They also mention they got complaints about FEAR FACTOR and were worried about kids trying to imitate the stunts on the show. They didn't say if they pulled the show from their daytime lineup but I am pretty sure it is not on KNDO anymore. While I think this might be a little overreacting, KNDO should have some say as to what shows they air. Besides, MAXIMUM EXPOSURE is or was on the local FOX affiliates recently.

However I am kind of troubled by the comments KAPP ABC has typed up in their station's renewal form. They mentioned SAVING PRIVATE RYAN as one of the only shows they have received comments regarding violence. I think KAPP must have short term memory because this movie got a lot of critizism nationally before it even aired. Just about every ABC station in the country probably got complaints from organizations against TV violence on this movie. This movie as far as I can tell should be allowed to air unedited even only at 8PM at night as long as notice is given to parents and kids about the Violence and Language content.

But even more disturbing is KAPP's explanation of meeting the children's programming requirements. They mention that their employees such as Shannon Cartier serve in community groups. While it is nice that their employees are involved in community groups, Cartier is really a KVEW Tri-Cities anchor and thus doesn't meet KAPP Yakima's childrens requirements. I don't see how their employees helping out Salvation Army type organizations meets children's programming requirements in general.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #381 of 1604 Old 10-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakHDTV06 View Post

Both KAPP ABC and KNDO NBC filed license renewals with the FCC the other day and some of their comments regarding Violence and Children's programming left me with good feelings about one station and bad feelings towards the other.

KNDO NBC mentions they got complaints about the show MAXIMUM EXPOSURE being violent even though it was on after midnight. They eventually decided to pull the show from their lineup. They also mention they got complaints about FEAR FACTOR and were worried about kids trying to imitate the stunts on the show. They didn't say if they pulled the show from their daytime lineup but I am pretty sure it is not on KNDO anymore. While I think this might be a little overreacting, KNDO should have some say as to what shows they air. Besides, MAXIMUM EXPOSURE is or was on the local FOX affiliates recently.

However I am kind of troubled by the comments KAPP ABC has typed up in their station's renewal form. They mentioned SAVING PRIVATE RYAN as one of the only shows they have received comments regarding violence. I think KAPP must have short term memory because this movie got a lot of critizism nationally before it even aired. Just about every ABC station in the country probably got complaints from organizations against TV violence on this movie. This movie as far as I can tell should be allowed to air unedited even only at 8PM at night as long as notice is given to parents and kids about the Violence and Language content.

But even more disturbing is KAPP's explanation of meeting the children's programming requirements. They mention that their employees such as Shannon Cartier serve in community groups. While it is nice that their employees are involved in community groups, Cartier is really a KVEW Tri-Cities anchor and thus doesn't meet KAPP Yakima's childrens requirements. I don't see how their employees helping out Salvation Army type organizations meets children's programming requirements in general.

-YakHDTV06


KNDU comments were about the same as Yakima sister station KNDO, and KVEW comments were about the same as Yakima sister station KAPP in case anyone was wondering.
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #382 of 1604 Old 10-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Member
 
Snyder81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEP1030 View Post

Just got of the phone with KEPR's engineer. He said it will be about another two weeks before their digital transmitter is up and running. All sorts of problems with subs doing their part is the reason for the delays. It will be first in SD only and he estimated another two weeks later before the HD phase is completed. Apparently, each station, including Yakima and Lewiston will transmit their own HD and will not rely on a relay from their parent station, in Seattle, as originally planned. Individual satellite dishes need to be installed.

He also said that KIMA is also upgrading their digital transmitter at this time.

Guess we will all just have to wait a little longer.



BEP1030, any update on this? I'm looking forward to seeing CBS back on the air...it's been too long. And I'm really looking forward to Letterman in HD.
Snyder81 is offline  
post #383 of 1604 Old 10-13-2006, 12:03 AM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder81 View Post

BEP1030, any update on this? I'm looking forward to seeing CBS back on the air...it's been too long. And I'm really looking forward to Letterman in HD.

JERICHO last night was in black and white at the beginning of the show then you could see a little color after a while and the color was fixed later on in the evening. I seem to have been having a little trouble getting KIMA-DT for the first few seconds right after turning on the TV. Maybe a sign they are finally close to giving us the way overdue HD signal?? One can only hope that this is the case.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #384 of 1604 Old 10-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Senior Member
 
goldielox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder81 View Post

BEP1030, any update on this? I'm looking forward to seeing CBS back on the air...it's been too long. And I'm really looking forward to Letterman in HD.

I called last week and was told they had a bad part with their new transmitter. I was told we are still at least 3 weeks from getting HD from KEPR.
goldielox is offline  
post #385 of 1604 Old 10-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Member
 
mike41423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Richland, WA
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldielox View Post

I called last week and was told they had a bad part with their new transmitter. I was told we are still at least 3 weeks from getting HD from KEPR.

yikes. good thing theres nothing on cbs worth watching besides football and letterman.
mike41423 is offline  
post #386 of 1604 Old 10-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Member
 
BEP1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kennewick, WA
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldielox View Post

I called last week and was told they had a bad part with their new transmitter. I was told we are still at least 3 weeks from getting HD from KEPR.

I smell something fishy here. I think it's more on the line that KEPR's station engineer lack's expertise. He has made statements in the past that have not proven correct and appears to have all sorts of excuses. Just my opinion.
BEP1030 is offline  
post #387 of 1604 Old 10-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEP1030 View Post

I smell something fishy here. I think it's more on the line that KEPR's station engineer lack's expertise. He has made statements in the past that have not proven correct and appears to have all sorts of excuses. Just my opinion.

I too agree that the statement sounds fishy. First reason: I don't think it would take KEPR 3 weeks to get a part that is so important to their station. Second reason: If they were that close to going HD, I think they would have already negotiated or at least started negotiations with the local cable company to show KIMA-HD and KEPR-HD on digital cable. Third reason: They would probably done some kind of testing of their new transmitters and I don't believe they have done anything with KIMA-DT transmitter such as increase power.

My guess is that KIMA and KEPR could do HD by the end of this month if they wanted to but it would be "buggy" and they probably want to do a fancy HD launch like the NBC stations' Olympic coverage and ABC stations did with the Super Bowl.

I guess the good news is KIMA and KEPR will be HD for sure by Early Feb. 2007 for the Super Bowl unless they are that stupid and out of touch with our areas. It would look much better for KIMA/KEPR though in the long run if they start the HD around the end of this month just in time for November Sweeps period.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
post #388 of 1604 Old 10-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
goldielox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I don't think it would take KEPR 3 weeks to get a part that is so important to their station.

He said the "part" (I don't remember what it was exactly) would need to travel via semi "back east" and then return. The time in the shop was one week and travel time is two weeks.
goldielox is offline  
post #389 of 1604 Old 10-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Member
 
BEP1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kennewick, WA
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldielox View Post

He said the "part" (I don't remember what it was exactly) would need to travel via semi "back east" and then return. The time in the shop was one week and travel time is two weeks.

KEPR's station engineer finally returned my call from last week. Said there are two large filters located at the tower site and one of them has faulty welding and it will be sent back to Maine this week. He also said that Lewiston and Yakima are closer to HD than the Tri-Cities as a result of the faulty equipment.
According to him, each of the three locations will broadcast at 7.5 KW which is considerably more that 250 watts that KEPR was broadcasting.

I guess some things are worth waiting for.

Anyone talk to Fox lately regarding HD?
BEP1030 is offline  
post #390 of 1604 Old 10-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Senior Member
 
YakHDTV06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Craig Galbreath, KIMA news anchor for around a decade, is leaving KIMA after this week. I don't know what TV station he is moving on to if any, but he obivously won't be putting down on his resume that he was an anchor at a TV station that broadcasts in HD or multicasts. At least several recent KNDO/KNDU news reporters could start claiming that since they have a lot of changes in their news departments.

As for KNDO/KNDU's new 9PM and 10PM newscast on their digital news channel, I am all for it if it will help ensure that they will turn on the HD at night. Unfortunately that didn't happen this week on at least Tuesday night. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS and L&O at 10PM (the one that wasn't taken off for the Senate Debate) were both in Standard definintion.

To make matters worse for KNDO/KNDU is that NBC is going to start airing more non-HD reality shows since they are cheaper and get better ratings.

Hopefully someone from KNDO/KNDU is reading this because they are slowly starting to go downhill.

-YakHDTV06
YakHDTV06 is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off