Charlotte, NC - OTA - Page 184 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 75Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5491 of 9110 Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 PM
 
Country_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Boy View Post

I DO hope that WJZY gets FOX. Channel 18 is a crap shoot a lot of times but WJZY is steady as a rock.
EDIT: MOST OF THE TIME

OK. I spoke before I realized what the tradeoff was.

I like CW.

I hope I do not end up losing it because of the recent activity in the business world of broadcasting.
Country_Boy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5492 of 9110 Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 4,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Boy View Post

OK. I spoke before I realized what the tradeoff was.

I like CW.

I hope I do not end up losing it because of the recent activity in the business world of broadcasting.
I would think you should be able to get the WCCB translator from Burke County if the main 18.1 from Clt is problematic. And perhaps you could also get WYCW-62 from GSP for CW as well. With a good UHF antenna and preamp. I am just concerned with what may happen with Antenna TV on 46.2.
tylerSC is offline  
post #5493 of 9110 Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blackcat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

... I am just concerned with what may happen with Antenna TV on 46.2.
That's the big question isn't it. (along with THIS)

I looked at what they are carrying on their other stations. In cities where they have 2 stations, it's always Fox on one and MyNetworkTV on the other. So I assume 46.1 will be Fox and 55.1 will be MyNetworkTV. Just eyeballing it, I'd say that close to 1/2 of their stations do not carry any subchannels.

Where they have subchannels I saw one station that is carrying MundoFox which I'd say won't come here. With a couple of exceptions the only other thing they carry is Bounce. Raycom of course has that here. A few have their new movie channel listed as coming in 2013. Capital Broadcasting did invest in some sophisticated multiplexing equipment so maybe Fox will hang onto it. Maybe it will be something like this...

46.1 - Fox
46.2 - Antenna
46.3 - THIS


55.1 - MyNetworkTV
55.2 - Fox MOvies
55.3 - ???? (Have to wonder of SBN will remain.)

if they are one of the investors in Bounce, then I don't see them sticking with SOUL. SBN (55.3) I'm clueless about. The Country Network (46.4) is independently owned. I would not miss it.
blackcat6 is offline  
post #5494 of 9110 Old 02-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
difuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat6 View Post

That's the big question isn't it. (along with THIS)

I looked at what they are carrying on their other stations. In cities where they have 2 stations, it's always Fox on one and MyNetworkTV on the other. So I assume 46.1 will be Fox and 55.1 will be MyNetworkTV. Just eyeballing it, I'd say that close to 1/2 of their stations do not carry any subchannels.

Where they have subchannels I saw one station that is carrying MundoFox which I'd say won't come here. With a couple of exceptions the only other thing they carry is Bounce. Raycom of course has that here. A few have their new movie channel listed as coming in 2013. Capital Broadcasting did invest in some sophisticated multiplexing equipment so maybe Fox will hang onto it. Maybe it will be something like this...

46.1 - Fox
46.2 - Antenna
46.3 - THIS


55.1 - MyNetworkTV
55.2 - Fox MOvies
55.3 - ???? (Have to wonder of SBN will remain.)

if they are one of the investors in Bounce, then I don't see them sticking with SOUL. SBN (55.3) I'm clueless about. The Country Network (46.4) is independently owned. I would not miss it.
This looks good. But, I doubt 46 could have but one subchannel to maintain a quality HD primary program. WCCB only has two video streams, the main program and METV. 18.2 is the same video as 18.1. I still fear that one or both ANTENNATV or THIS will be history., at least for a while. WCCB will have some options, I think.
difuse is online now  
post #5495 of 9110 Old 02-03-2013, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 4,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 100
WJZY does have a very good multiplexing system as provided by Capitol, so the pic quality on all channels looks rather good. But Fox may well cut it back to 1 subchannel on both 46 and 55, so I am thing it will definitely be the Fox owned Movies! channel on 46.2 and perhaps Antenna TV moved to 55.2. Or vice versa. They may not keep This TV since they are starting their own movie channel. And I kind of doubt they will continue to carry Jimmy Swaggart on 55.3, although I do enjoy the gospel music.
tylerSC is offline  
post #5496 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 AM
 
Country_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

I would think you should be able to get the WCCB translator from Burke County if the main 18.1 from Clt is problematic. And perhaps you could also get WYCW-62 from GSP for CW as well. With a good UHF antenna and preamp. I am just concerned with what may happen with Antenna TV on 46.2.

It is so-so with either one (18.1 and 18.4).

Sometimes 18.1 comes in better, but most of the time I get 18.4.

For the most part, the station comes in pretty good when they are showing local stuff like the news, The Edge, etc. But when they show movies or other things that are not coming directly from Charlotte, for some reason things get a little dicey. Loss of signal is a normal night with FOX Charlotte.

I figure the vast majority of my problems is because of where I live. Go up a hill, and start back down, and that's where I am. I had the same frigging problem with the last place I was at (16 years). I can't seem to buy a home that isn't either in a hole, or below the top of a hill. rolleyes.gif
Country_Boy is offline  
post #5497 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blackcat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by difuse View Post

This looks good. But, I doubt 46 could have but one subchannel to maintain a quality HD primary program. WCCB only has two video streams, the main program and METV. 18.2 is the same video as 18.1. I still fear that one or both ANTENNATV or THIS will be history., at least for a while. WCCB will have some options, I think.

But I think that has more to do with WCCB not having the ability to do advanced statistical multiplexing. Fox does operate at least one station WFTC (Minneapolis) like this:
  • 9.2 - 480I - 16:9 - simulcast of KMSP
  • 29.1 - 720p - 16:9 - MyNetworkTV
  • 29.3 - 480I - 4:3 - Bounce.

So this would more than support the above. If they kept Antenna & THIS, I'd like to see them drop TCN and move them up from 640x480 to 720x480 anamorphic. (Like MeTv)

Of course, FOX might have unspecified business reasons for dropping all of it except for their own networks. I can definitely see them dropping SOUL, a non-existent network. I don't know about SBN. I guess it depends upon how much money they are paying WJZY for that broadcast slot. IMO, FOX doesn't need the money like Capital did and might consider the station to be in the higher rent district now.
blackcat6 is offline  
post #5498 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Theo1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The following is my own opinion and not that of COX Media Group - Charlotte.

1) Pretty sure FOX will run on 46.1 and Fox Movies will run on 46.2....THISTV will go away because it competes with FOX Movies.
2) Call sign WJZY will change
3) Call sign and MyTv will remain on 55.1, Mundo Fox will be 55.2.....AntennaTV has a slight, slight chance of staying.
4) No power increase for 55 as the FCC has clamped down on ANY changes until RF repack comes.

my 2 cents
eacalhoun likes this.

Ted Hand, CPBE. 8VSB, DRB, AMD
I was there on July 23, 1996...First DTV broadcast in the US..WRAL-HD

Amateur Radio - W9SOC

Theo1080 is offline  
post #5499 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 06:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US | Age: 26
Posts: 14,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Antenna TV is owned by Tribune, not Weigel. Of course, Fox does have a relationship with Tribune as well given the number of Fox and My Network TV affiliates Tribune has.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is online now  
post #5500 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
difuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat6 View Post

But I think that has more to do with WCCB not having the ability to do advanced statistical multiplexing. Fox does operate at least one station WFTC (Minneapolis) like this:
  • 9.2 - 480I - 16:9 - simulcast of KMSP
  • 29.1 - 720p - 16:9 - MyNetworkTV
  • 29.3 - 480I - 4:3 - Bounce.

So this would more than support the above. If they kept Antenna & THIS, I'd like to see them drop TCN and move them up from 640x480 to 720x480 anamorphic. (Like MeTv)

Of course, FOX might have unspecified business reasons for dropping all of it except for their own networks. I can definitely see them dropping SOUL, a non-existent network. I don't know about SBN. I guess it depends upon how much money they are paying WJZY for that broadcast slot. IMO, FOX doesn't need the money like Capital did and might consider the station to be in the higher rent district now.
That's a possible model, and little is out of the question. The situation in Minn-St Paul has FOX with a UHF and a VHF and with both transmitters above Roseville, the UHF (WFTC) directed into the cities to assure an OTA signal there, and the the two stations piggybacking each other. There would probably be no need for piggybacking in Chartlotte, which could make multiple subchannels more likely. But, with Fox having its own in-house options for subchannels, I don't think it would keep ANT.TV or THIS longer than it had to. What will happen in Minn-ST. Paul when FOX MOVIES arrives remains to be seen. I will not dismiss the idea that 46 might keep a current subchannel, but I think it unlikely except to finish any binding contracts. I think this is a good discussion of things, you have a point with the KMSP-WFTC pair.
difuse is online now  
post #5501 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blackcat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 51
It seems to me that AntennaTV is a pretty good brand these days. It's hard to imagine that every commercial station in CLT would choose to ignore it, if they were dropped by Fox.
blackcat6 is offline  
post #5502 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 4,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I enjoy AntennaTV and MeTV, so I hope AntennaTV will remain on 46 or 55. As there is no GSP/AVL channel which carries it. I get MeTV on WSPA 7.2.
tylerSC is offline  
post #5503 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

I enjoy AntennaTV and MeTV, so I hope AntennaTV will remain on 46 or 55. As there is no GSP/AVL channel which carries it. I get MeTV on WSPA 7.2.

I enjoy AntennaTV and METV also and i like THIS TV also.

I get AntennaTV on 46.2 and METV on 7.2 and This TV on 4.2 or 46.3
LMckin is offline  
post #5504 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
evan237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Winston-Salem NC
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat6 View Post

It seems to me that AntennaTV is a pretty good brand these days. It's hard to imagine that every commercial station in CLT would choose to ignore it, if they were dropped by Fox.

I agree; and I have to believe that someone else in the CLT market would pick up Antenna TV if Fox decides to drop it. It's one of my favorite subchannels.
evan237 is offline  
post #5505 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 4,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 100
And I wouldn't mind one of the local channels picking up Cozi TV as well. Perhaps WCNC could drop Live Well. It may be informative and interesting at times, but I can't imagine it getting good ratings. And do these subchannels even show up in the ratings? Perhaps the ones with cable carriage. But often I see adds for people with digestive disorders, and various vaginal and prostate problems rather than local spots. Is there much local revenue generated by these subchannels?
tylerSC is offline  
post #5506 of 9110 Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
veedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Raleigh,NC
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 66

I remember reading something a year ortwo ago that said that some FCC officials were not terribly pleased with the way broadcasters were using their bandwidth.

The concern was that the subchannels were not being used well, that stations were not producing their own content for the subchannels and that public affairs programming and educational programming were being neglected.

veedon is offline  
post #5507 of 9110 Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blackcat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

... And do these subchannels even show up in the ratings? Perhaps the ones with cable carriage. But often I see adds for people with digestive disorders, and various vaginal and prostate problems rather than local spots. Is there much local revenue generated by these subchannels?

I read somewhere in the last few weeks that Nielsen was going to start measuring MeTV. It's a bit interesting because Charlotte, starting this year, is one of 3 markets where Nielsen is testing new metering technology. Live Well is a waste of bandwidth. I wish Belo would put something better on but I assume they go with LWN because they can get it for close to free since LWN can be streamed from the internet for free.

The more I think about it, the more that I hate to see Capital leave Charlotte. They have provided far more content on TV in this area than any of the other station owners and even on their mainline stations they purchase a considerable amount of syndicated programming instead of just playing infomercials. They keep their guide info up to date and seem to run a very good operation. It will be pretty bad if Fox comes in and reduces those two stations back to what Belo, Cox and Raycom are doing in this area. (which is close the the minimum to maintain their license)
blackcat6 is offline  
post #5508 of 9110 Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
eacalhoun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 5 mi SW of Morganton, NC
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
According to NewsBlues (a pay site), WCCB News Director Ken White is out and Bahakel has already hired a replacement. White was WCCB's first and only news director, and helped launch WCCB's news in 1999. (Who remembers the lovely anchor Kirsten Gum?)

Also, who caught this Q&A style article in last Friday's Charlotte Observer?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/02/01/3825755/another-charlotte-tv-news-team.html

Does that one question mean there will me fewer if any references to "Fox" on WCCB beginning in March (or so)?

Eric

Eric Calhoun

"If it was simple, anyone could do it" - Roy Clark from Hee Haw
eacalhoun is offline  
post #5509 of 9110 Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 4,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 100
There was a brief mention of the WCCB news director change on the business page in today's Charlotte Observer. And probably the Fox Charlotte brand will soon be phased out on WCCB as they transition to a new identity. Whatever that may turn out to be. But it will be interesting to see if WJZY becomes the New Fox Charlotte or rather Fox-46. I don't think they will use a cable identity such as Fox-8 because of confusion with neighboring WGHP, which they previously owned.
tylerSC is offline  
post #5510 of 9110 Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
foxeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Where ever I am is where I am.
Posts: 14,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

There was a brief mention of the WCCB news director change on the business page in today's Charlotte Observer. And probably the Fox Charlotte brand will soon be phased out on WCCB as they transition to a new identity. Whatever that may turn out to be. But it will be interesting to see if WJZY becomes the New Fox Charlotte or rather Fox-46. I don't think they will use a cable identity such as Fox-8 because of confusion with neighboring WGHP, which they previously owned.

FOX O&O's traditionally use "FOX {channel number using PSIP mapped channel}" with the vertical FOX searchlight logo (similar to the FOX News Channel Logo.)
eacalhoun likes this.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
foxeng is online now  
post #5511 of 9110 Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
AndThenScottSays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

FOX O&O's traditionally use "FOX {channel number using PSIP mapped channel}" with the vertical FOX searchlight logo (similar to the FOX News Channel Logo.)

The new O&O package has the logos laid out horizontally again on the lower thirds.

http://youtu.be/xIgUkQcWGrw
AndThenScottSays is offline  
post #5512 of 9110 Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

FOX O&O's traditionally use "FOX {channel number using PSIP mapped channel}" with the vertical FOX searchlight logo (similar to the FOX News Channel Logo.)

They also seem to do that with their MyNetworkTV O&O's as well. I hope they change WMYT's branding to "My55," which makes more sense and sounds better to me than "MyTV12."
mcy919 is offline  
post #5513 of 9110 Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
foxeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Where ever I am is where I am.
Posts: 14,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThenScottSays View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

FOX O&O's traditionally use "FOX {channel number using PSIP mapped channel}" with the vertical FOX searchlight logo (similar to the FOX News Channel Logo.)

The new O&O package has the logos laid out horizontally again on the lower thirds.

http://youtu.be/xIgUkQcWGrw

If you notice it is only the BOLT that is just the FOX29. Many stations do that. Cleaner look and doesn't take up so much room when you put the time and temp on the screen, but in the opens and bumpers, they are still using the vertical cube.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
foxeng is online now  
post #5514 of 9110 Old 02-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I noticed that WCCB has started to drop the Fox branding from its newscasts. The corner graphic that used to say "Fox News at Ten" was altered to just say "News at Ten" with a "Play" symbol where the Fox logo used to be. This also happened on "Got Game," although it was still called "Fox Got Game" in the intro. I looked on their website and it appears that they started doing this on Friday.
mcy919 is offline  
post #5515 of 9110 Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 4,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Bad reception this morning due to heavy clouds and rain. Lost all Clt channels except for WBTV. Their top mounted stick antenna truly puts out a good overall signal, stronger than those other side mounted antennas the other channels have from that same basic location. Perhaps when Fox takes over at WJZY, they will upgrade their antenna to the top of the tower. Once the FCC channel reassignments are determined. Because despite being the same full power as WJZY, WBTV's signal is better in most of the fringe areas.
tylerSC is offline  
post #5516 of 9110 Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 4,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 100
After about an hour channels are coming back now. Just in time for Kathy Lee and Hoda ...
tylerSC is offline  
post #5517 of 9110 Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kenglish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posts: 5,412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 31
You're getting some tropo ducting in that area this morning. (How far are you from the towers?)
Somebody in Bermuda is probably watching the signal you were supposed to get. wink.gif

Ken English, Sr. Engineer, KSL-TV.
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the Company positions, strategies or opinions."
kenglish is offline  
post #5518 of 9110 Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 4,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I am 75 miles from the Charlotte towers in Dallas, NC but I normally receive strong signals with my attic antenna and preamp. Only WBTV remained strong, but as mentioned, they have a top mounted stick antenna and the others are side panels. Seems to make a difference during weather conditions in fringe areas.
tylerSC is offline  
post #5519 of 9110 Old 02-11-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blackcat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy919 View Post

I noticed that WCCB has started to drop the Fox branding from its newscasts. .

Their website it foxcharlotte.com. I'm guessing they won't keep this.

I did a whois on wccb.com & wccbtv.com and it does not appear the station owns either. (though the former got an update on Jan 7th. They look to be held by a domain holding companies. tongue.gif
blackcat6 is offline  
post #5520 of 9110 Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat6 View Post

Their website it foxcharlotte.com. I'm guessing they won't keep this.

I did a whois on wccb.com & wccbtv.com and it does not appear the station owns either. (though the former got an update on Jan 7th. They look to be held by a domain holding companies. tongue.gif

I did a whois as well and even though they don't redirect to their current page, they do own wccb18.com and wccbcharlotte.com. The latter was just created this past Friday (the day they began dropping the Fox branding). They might use one of those, or perhaps a different one if they affiliate with The CW or another network. I searched for cwcharlotte.com and it was created just two days after WCCB learned they were losing the Fox affiliation, but Bahakel isn't listed as the registrant. It doesn't look like cw18.com would be available.
mcy919 is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off