14Likes

post #8101 of 8111 Old 07-09-2014, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
They may have changed the aspect ratio on 46.2 Movies channel. The PSIP now says 16:9.
I called WJZY last week and left a voice mail asking them to change 46.2 to 16:9, since Movies! offers that format. No one called me back. So I e-mailed the Movies! network. It's interesting that an engineer from WJZY replied to the e-mail that I had sent only to the Movies! network. LOL! I guess the Movies! people got ahold of the local affiliate, and forwarded them my e-mail and told them to reply to it. The engineer apologized that no one returned my call, and said he would check with his superiors about changing 46.2 to 16:9.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8102 of 8111 Old 07-10-2014, 03:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA-DVR-guy View Post
I called WJZY last week and left a voice mail asking them to change 46.2 to 16:9, since Movies! offers that format. No one called me back. So I e-mailed the Movies! network. It's interesting that an engineer from WJZY replied to the e-mail that I had sent only to the Movies! network. LOL! I guess the Movies! people got ahold of the local affiliate, and forwarded them my e-mail and told them to reply to it. The engineer apologized that no one returned my call, and said he would check with his superiors about changing 46.2 to 16:9.
It was indeed changed to 16:9, but it still appears zoomed in a bit.
post #8103 of 8111 Old 07-10-2014, 03:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Must be a ratings month. WBTV is giving away a house and WCNC is giving away a car.
post #8104 of 8111 Old 07-10-2014, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Must be a ratings month. WBTV is giving away a house and WCNC is giving away a car.
I just checked NewsBlues

http://www.newsblues.com/

and - indeed - it's SWEEPS through July 30.

So hide the remote, check your disaster safety kit, and head for the hills
post #8105 of 8111 Old 07-10-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
I'm not familiar with the WBTV giveaway, but WCNC is actually paying for a 1 year lease on a car, instead of giving away a car. (in this case a Mercedes)

It will be interesting to see how WJZY affects the ratings at 6PM.
post #8106 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA-DVR-guy View Post
They did change it, as indicated above, but there is still something wrong. They are not transmitting a 16:9 picture. It looks like a cropped version to 4:3 since in many of the promos from Movies! have parts of the logos and words cut off. This is even worse than what WHKY is doing with its SD channels.
post #8107 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by eacalhoun View Post
I just checked NewsBlues

http://www.newsblues.com/

and - indeed - it's SWEEPS through July 30.

So hide the remote, check your disaster safety kit, and head for the hills
Yepper..Just like it is every July, November, February and May! And whatever you do.. DON"T change the channel!

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!

Last edited by bdfox18doe; Yesterday at 05:00 AM.
post #8108 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox18doe View Post
Yepper..Just like it is every July, November, February and May! And whatever you do.. DON"T change the channel!
For some reason, February and November are easy to remember - so much so I often think those are the ONLY sweeps months. Thus, I forget about May and July. Are February and November more coveted or are all 4 months equally important?

Eric
post #8109 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Depends on who you ask..we engineers all consider everyday a ratings day..but typically the July book is considered the least important of all.
eacalhoun likes this.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
post #8110 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
tylerSC,

I've read you post. I didn't know you used to live near Washington, DC/Baltimore. The station that former talk-show host Oprah Winfrey got her start in Baltimore was WJZ-TV. Did you know that WUSA-TV (then WTOP/WDVM) refused to air the early years of the popular CBS game show The Price is Right during the Bob Barker heyday?

Spencer Karter

Cities I've DXed OTA at my location on DXing: Atlanta, Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem, Savannah, Raleigh, Lumberton, and Charleston!
post #8111 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
Quote:For some reason the NFL preseason game on WSOC is in 4x3 SD resolution. Redskins v. Titans. Both 9.1 and 9.5 .

The Redskins pre-season game was delivered to WSOC in 4x3, SD. There is NO HD version of the game available outside of Comcast Sports. All the viewers who called the station and called me and my engineering staff every name in the book, I can only say this, 98% of the programming on WSOC is in HD, WHY, Why on Earth would I purposely run this game in SD if it was delivered to me in HD. In viewers eyes, television stations are only as good as the last thing you did. I said this before, television is a privilege, not a right..don't get on the phone and tell me you have the RIGHT to a HD football game.
With NFL season around the corner I haven't seen anything about the Redskins on WSOC this year... Any word on that from any of our Charlotte insiders?
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page