75Likes
post #9121 of 9122 Unread Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Theo is there any chance the WSOC Shelby translator could ever switch 64.5 over to HD? I'd love to finally be able to get it in HD. The 64.1 signal is too weak for my area. I realize this likely would require an investment on your part in hardware but just wanted to offer the suggestion. I know other stations do dual 720p feeds
While WSOC would like to have HD at all of its translator sites. The cost to do so would be high. We current receive WSOC-TV, we take the ASI stream and strip off WSOC-WX (9.2) and Mobile Handheld and reinsert WAXN, which we receive from a second receiver insert into a SD encoder and then remux with the WSOC ASI stream. To have both stations HD, I would need to purchase two HD encoders and insert both at the site. Also the currrent units we have are made LARCAN which has gone out of business. I would have to start from the bringing to upgrade the site. I will try with the 2015 budget, but I must admit its a low priority for the group. WANXTV1 in China Grove is a straight refeed of WAXN-TV and 64.7 is in HD. We also have getTV and ESCAPE TV there.

Ted Hand, CPBE. 8VSB, DRB, AMD
I was there on July 23, 1996...First DTV broadcast in the US..WRAL-HD

Amateur Radio - W9SOC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9122 of 9122 Unread Today, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
While WSOC would like to have HD at all of its translator sites. The cost to do so would be high. We current receive WSOC-TV, we take the ASI stream and strip off WSOC-WX (9.2) and Mobile Handheld and reinsert WAXN, which we receive from a second receiver insert into a SD encoder and then remux with the WSOC ASI stream. To have both stations HD, I would need to purchase two HD encoders and insert both at the site. Also the currrent units we have are made LARCAN which has gone out of business. I would have to start from the bringing to upgrade the site. I will try with the 2015 budget, but I must admit its a low priority for the group. WANXTV1 in China Grove is a straight refeed of WAXN-TV and 64.7 is in HD. We also have getTV and ESCAPE TV there.
Thanks for trying... I didn't figure it would be easy, especially since I understand the Shelby site is so remote. Honestly I'd love to see 64 mirrored in HD as 9.2 but I understand that would have its' own set of complications.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception