84Likes

post #9331 of 9333 Old Today, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat6 View Post
This doesn't really tell me which of those stations that you want, as you have several choices. However here is what I recommend.

• If you want to receive the full spectrum of channels 2-51 then you should look at something like an Antennacraft HD1850.
  • If you want to receive VHF-Hi (7-13) + UHF then consider an Antennacraft HBU-55 or Winegard 7698p.
  • If you only care about UHF then go with an Antennacraft MXU59. This antenna has an option for adding a VHF antenna which you can point in anther direction. Another option is the Winegard HD9032.

All of these antennas will pick up a strong signal from the back side. You can take advantage of that to point the antenna at the weakest station that you want to receive.
Sorry really dont understand the tvfool report & vhf/uhf. Best i can tell is uhf from charlotte area? Basically wanting pick up stations easiest to receive w/antenna in attic (hopefully) without rotor if possible..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9332 of 9333 Old Today, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
....But those Channel Master dist amps are well reviewed when used in the proper application.
The "proper application" is to compensate for coax/splitter losses. It won't put more signal on the antenna.
post #9333 of 9333 Old Today, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
WSOC and WAXN's antennas are mounted on top of one another at our tower on Plaza Road in NE Charlotte. WSOC is an omni-directional at 1000KW ERP. WAXN is a directional at 150 KW ERP with the null toward the NE (WFMY's transmitter site. They are Channel 51). WAXN power is at this level as it matches its coverage from pre-2009 analog days. WAXN was "drop-in" when it when on the air back in 1994. It was more than a LPTV, but less than a full power station. Believe me, if we could increase the power , we would.

Thanks much.

Considering how close I am to Crowders Mountain (4 to 5 miles - I can see the tower from my front porch), looks like I could pick up WAXN-CR with no problem, but the signal must not be that strong to the east of the mountain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception