106Likes

post #9511 of 9512 Old Today, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat6 View Post
You don't have direct LOS to WCNC at 16 ft. height and all the stations from that farm are on the low side. i.e. You are picking up a refracted signal.
That explains why I get better recption with cloudy weather. WCNC is coming in fine this morning, I guess the signal is bouncing off the clouds.

I'll take a look at the antenna suggestions you guys have made and see if I can get an outside one up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9512 of 9512 Old Today, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4:3 Toshiba View Post
Just who all broadcasts from the Dallas tower farm?

Does this forum cover weather radio signal reception for weather radios?

I have a fairly new Midland WR-120 weather radio, and I have seen times when I got no alert in spite of warnings scrolling across the TV. I've ruled out incorrect radio settings. My reception signal comes from Spencer Mountain.
WBTV-3, WCNC-36, WJZY-46, and WMYT-55 all broadcast from tall towers in Dallas. Only WBTV has a top mounted stick antenna which is more omnidirectional. The others are side mounted panels which may have nulls in certain areas. Also, several radio signals are broadcast from these towers also, including 107.9, 105.3, 95.1, and 96.1. 105.3 used to be a popular local station in Gaffney, SC before it was "relocated" to Charlotte in a controversial move that still angers SC listeners to this day. And WSOC/WAXN has a translator from Crowder's Mtn. for 9 and 64.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception